shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:14 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:35 pm 



Joined: 15 Mar 2021
Posts: 3
Hello everyone.

I got my kit and made a mistake with the flex cable. Does anyone have any interest in selling me a spare you might have/are selling? I just need a cable.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:53 pm 



Joined: 30 May 2019
Posts: 3
Hi,

I received my UltraHDMI today!

Is there any information availiable on how to Modify a PAL N64 "NUS-CPU(P)-01" for the Analog Out using the DAC Module?


Thank you!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:02 am 



Joined: 10 Dec 2020
Posts: 7
Man this this so frustrating!!! I paid 375 from a seller on eBay called retro-hdmi and I haven’t gotten anything. No messages in weeks nothing. I don’t know anything. 375 dollars down the drain because of this. Absolutely terrible I waited 2 years to get scammed from my money. Thanks to everyone involved here. All I wanted was enjoy my classic n64 in hdmi what a disaster.

This retro hdmi guy is on your waiting list did he get them?

Ugh sorry if I’m wrongfully accusing anyone but it’s 375 dollars and no new updates. So frustrating.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:52 am 



Joined: 15 Mar 2021
Posts: 3
I managed to wreck my flex cable. Is anyone out there willing to sell me an extra? I am hoping I don't have a useless board now that I don't have a cable for it.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:48 am 



Joined: 04 Mar 2018
Posts: 121
Someone added several DACs to their order last week and indicated that he wanted all of the kits fully tested with regard to the DACs. That prompted us to go through all of them on the test station Friday when we suddenly had no analog video in the middle of testing. This started a whole new round of kit and DAC and N64 board swapping, to isolate the issue culminating in a new analog flex quickly being installed over the old analog flex so we could resume testing. It seems the rigors of testing, troubleshooting, connecting, disconnecting, etc day after day were just too much for it regardless of how careful we were. We now have zero spares.

But that wasn’t the end of it. By the time I was done with the flex my brother had run off to work for the rest of the night. We resumed testing kits in the morning and found horrible analog interference (fuzzy, diagonal lines) prompting me to remove both flexes and reinstall only the new one in case having the old/bad one attached was causing issues. There was no improvement. We spent hours more swapping kits, DACs, and N64 boards only for the situation to deteriorate back into no video. I thought we had lost ANOTHER analog flex to the rigors of troubleshooting but it turns out the the least-stressed part of the chain had failed: The SCART cable. We switched to my custom cable and all problems went away. Same with the HD Retrovision cables. I still prefer to test with a cable that uses C-Sync from the console so I can test every upgraded analog mode but we will have to settle for testing with RGsB and YPbPr until I can get a spare.

To add insult to injury, the guy canceled his DAC order after all that. That’s good for people who otherwise would not have got a DAC but it still feels like a wasted weekend.

We really could’ve used a ZIF breakout board for my test stations but the need wasn’t so apparent before we started to find issues with some DAC installs. The breakout boards arrived Saturday, way ahead of schedule, but I still need the ZIF/FFC cables to connect them to the DAC. Hopefully the cables will beat their estimate too because we now need to retest kits with DACs DACs for many more DIY/BYO orders that include them (not just installation orders). That’s even more strain on the analog flex in the test stations when we have even less room to lose another.

Real life happened too: Landlord imposed a new roommate on my brother this weekend who we weren’t expecting for weeks so we had to start clearing out our staging area in the extra room. It’s definitely disrupting things but we were already supposed to be moving everything into a workshop where we also pay rent/utilities. That workshop has been on hold, costing us money since January since we won’t have time to install lights and move workbenches until these kits are shipped. We’d mostly assembled another new bench there in January so I’m tempted to move the bare minimum equipment and buy some floor-standing shop lights just to get things going there, but poor lighting was always the biggest reason to get out of our basement workshop.

The other big IRL issue is this scammer who filed a fraudulent claim on eBay for $912 yesterday:
https://imgur.com/a/1RJYBPd

Don’t worry, that’s not his real name. It’s a throw-away account he made back in January to scam me out of a phone. He does this with multiple fake-name throw-away accounts to stock his cellphone shop. Weeks ago he claimed the package was missing the phone when I have proof that the package was still en route and he did not have it in hand. He is a liar and a thief. I have proof but I need him to incriminate himself further.

We did ship several packages and finish several more consoles. Ichinisan encountered another one of those super-brittle charcoal systems (about 1 in 15 NS2 consoles) that typically have broken alignment pegs and sometimes crack screw posts when you unscrew it (not this time but you could hear a loud “SNAP!” with each one). Sure enough, the moment he touched the knife to the plastic to cut the notch, plastic nearby cracked and went flying off. It’s supposed to be pliable enough to cut bendy sheets of plastic but this was clearly not. Though this obviously was not a No-Cut install, he quickly designed a 3D printed shroud as a modification to the no-cut hood. It’s actually kinda cool and might be something people would want to hide an ugly cut. ;)

I thought I had pics but I don’t. I’ll edit some in soon.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:59 am 



Joined: 04 Mar 2018
Posts: 121
Moosmann wrote:
I haven't read through all the postings now, just ask where and how the easiest way for a German customer to order 1x Modkit. Thanks ;)

Marshall reopened orders last week but it’s still not enough to catch up. We should know more soon.

juji82 wrote:
CZroe wrote:
dubesinhower wrote:
Please take me off the group buy/ refund me (dubesinhower) since I purchased a preorder through GameTech

Awesome! Glad you were able to get one. :) My brother is busy moving money around for the next big order but he will get to you.

I sent your brother a private message and an email. Please disregard both email and PM, I will keep my order :wink:

Thanks!

bbsan2k wrote:
Woohoo - I‘m next one on the list (right after the bulk order).
Really looking forward hearing from you:)

Congrats! Had a few hiccups this weekend. Doing a few more installs tonight but my bro should be reaching out soon if he hasn’t already. :)

Lord_Thoth wrote:
Hi,

I received my UltraHDMI today!

Is there any information availiable on how to Modify a PAL N64 "NUS-CPU(P)-01" for the Analog Out using the DAC Module?


Thank you!

I checked a couple PAL revisions we had on-hand and they did not have sync connected or 12v on the sync pin. It should be a matter of dropping the flex on pins one through six and soldering it. Marshall even designed it to have trouble fitting the wrong way. ;)

Kobeskillz wrote:
Man this this so frustrating!!! I paid 375 from a seller on eBay called retro-hdmi and I haven’t gotten anything. No messages in weeks nothing. I don’t know anything. 375 dollars down the drain because of this. Absolutely terrible I waited 2 years to get scammed from my money. Thanks to everyone involved here. All I wanted was enjoy my classic n64 in hdmi what a disaster.

This retro hdmi guy is on your waiting list did he get them?

Ugh sorry if I’m wrongfully accusing anyone but it’s 375 dollars and no new updates. So frustrating.

He is legit, just caught between a rock and a hard place (our fault). He finally received a portion of his order a couple days ago. The rest are en route from RetroActive. I know he was under pressure with his obligations and I hated to keep him waiting this long. He should be getting many more soon but we had to have a clearer picture of how many cancellations there would be ahead of him before shipping so many. Sorry to have made you wait as well. :(

He said he’s dealing with an unrelated IRL issue so it’ll be a few days before he can test everything out.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:21 am 



Joined: 10 Dec 2020
Posts: 7
Kobeskillz wrote:
Man this this so frustrating!!! I paid 375 from a seller on eBay called retro-hdmi and I haven’t gotten anything. No messages in weeks nothing. I don’t know anything. 375 dollars down the drain because of this. Absolutely terrible I waited 2 years to get scammed from my money. Thanks to everyone involved here. All I wanted was enjoy my classic n64 in hdmi what a disaster.

This retro hdmi guy is on your waiting list did he get them?

Ugh sorry if I’m wrongfully accusing anyone but it’s 375 dollars and no new updates. So frustrating.

He is legit, just caught between a rock and a hard place (our fault). He finally received a portion of his order a couple days ago. The rest are en route from RetroActive. I know he was under pressure with his obligations and I hated to keep him waiting this long. He should be getting many more soon but we had to have a clearer picture of how many cancellations there would be ahead of him before shipping so many. Sorry to have made you wait as well. :(

He said he’s dealing with an unrelated IRL issue so it’ll be a few days before he can test everything out.[/quote]

Omg thank you!!! I just literally got scammed by two other eBay people and I was having a panic attack. Covid hit my financial situation hard so to think that I was out 375 was so hard to stomach. Thank you thank you!!! Although he could have replied to my messages and I would have felt better.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:46 am 



Joined: 04 Mar 2018
Posts: 121
Kobeskillz wrote:
Omg thank you!!! I just literally got scammed by two other eBay people and I was having a panic attack. Covid hit my financial situation hard so to think that I was out 375 was so hard to stomach. Thank you thank you!!! Although he could have replied to my messages and I would have felt better.

I think he’s waiting on a reply from my brother so he knows what exactly to tell you. He seems to be under the impression that GameTechUS actually had kits to sell. My understanding is that Marshall told him he was ready to sell and Jason started that preorder but the ones that are manufactured are claimed by the group buy.

Sorry to hear what has happened to you on eBay. Ichinisan is fighting an eBay scammer as we speak. :( The guy is literally stocking a cell phone store by using throw-away eBay accounts to scam people like us.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:53 am 



Joined: 10 Dec 2020
Posts: 7
CZroe wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:
Omg thank you!!! I just literally got scammed by two other eBay people and I was having a panic attack. Covid hit my financial situation hard so to think that I was out 375 was so hard to stomach. Thank you thank you!!! Although he could have replied to my messages and I would have felt better.

I think he’s waiting on a reply from my brother so he knows what exactly to tell you. He seems to be under the impression that GameTechUS actually had kits to sell. My understanding is that Marshall told him he was ready to sell and Jason started that preorder but the ones that are manufactured are claimed by the group buy.

Sorry to hear what has happened to you on eBay. Ichinisan is fighting an eBay scammer as we speak. :( The guy is literally stocking a cell phone store by using throw-away eBay accounts to scam people like us.

Yeah man screw eBay scammers. Ugh. It sucks doing the PayPal and eBay run around they do. I honestly still feel that telling me anything is better than silence though. Cause the scammers went dark on me too so it makes it harder. I’m super understanding and will wait as long as it takes as long as the communication is there. Thanks so much!!! I feel bad I called him out. I apologized through eBay message. I feel embarrassed now but I was having a bad day after spending the day with PayPal and eBay “customer service”.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:01 am 



Joined: 04 Mar 2018
Posts: 121
Finished three more installs after a long day at work and a late-night trip to the airport post office. Long day at work in the morning too. The airport post office is 40 minutes away but we have been routinely driving out there when I get off work. Google still says they close at midnight but they actually rolled back to 10PM a couple weeks ago. :( Got there right at the deadline to ship four packages and realized we were somehow missing the label for one. Guess it’s going out when the sun is up in a few hours. :)

Kobeskillz wrote:
CZroe wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:
Omg thank you!!! I just literally got scammed by two other eBay people and I was having a panic attack. Covid hit my financial situation hard so to think that I was out 375 was so hard to stomach. Thank you thank you!!! Although he could have replied to my messages and I would have felt better.

I think he’s waiting on a reply from my brother so he knows what exactly to tell you. He seems to be under the impression that GameTechUS actually had kits to sell. My understanding is that Marshall told him he was ready to sell and Jason started that preorder but the ones that are manufactured are claimed by the group buy.

Sorry to hear what has happened to you on eBay. Ichinisan is fighting an eBay scammer as we speak. :( The guy is literally stocking a cell phone store by using throw-away eBay accounts to scam people like us.

Yeah man screw eBay scammers. Ugh. It sucks doing the PayPal and eBay run around they do. I honestly still feel that telling me anything is better than silence though. Cause the scammers went dark on me too so it makes it harder. I’m super understanding and will wait as long as it takes as long as the communication is there. Thanks so much!!! I feel bad I called him out. I apologized through eBay message. I feel embarrassed now but I was having a bad day after spending the day with PayPal and eBay “customer service”.

Yeah, that may have had something to do with his unrelated IRL issue that he hinted at. Expect to hear from him soon. :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:17 am 



Joined: 24 Feb 2021
Posts: 1
Hey there guys!

Sorry to abuse the forum for this, but I can't write DM's... don't know why...

Is there any possibility to get one of these UltraHDMI packs? I've already written an e-mail to

Ichinisan wrote:
To participate:

  • Email
    Image.
    (that's a "J" for "James")


and contacted Ichinisan on FB, but didn't get an answer yet. I know you guys are really busy doing this!

Thanks for the reply!

cheers
masakura


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:05 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2020
Posts: 11
Seriously how can it possibly take this long to get a refund? It requires ZERO work on your part. Please just issue my refund and send me back my N64. This is beyond ridiculous at this point.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:23 pm 



Joined: 21 Jan 2020
Posts: 10
Hey guys, any update?

Can I get a refund (moeeed@live.com) or perhaps an update if I will getting my 2 kits in this batch ?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:26 pm 



Joined: 10 Dec 2020
Posts: 7
Kobeskillz wrote:
CZroe wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:
Omg thank you!!! I just literally got scammed by two other eBay people and I was having a panic attack. Covid hit my financial situation hard so to think that I was out 375 was so hard to stomach. Thank you thank you!!! Although he could have replied to my messages and I would have felt better.

I think he’s waiting on a reply from my brother so he knows what exactly to tell you. He seems to be under the impression that GameTechUS actually had kits to sell. My understanding is that Marshall told him he was ready to sell and Jason started that preorder but the ones that are manufactured are claimed by the group buy.

Sorry to hear what has happened to you on eBay. Ichinisan is fighting an eBay scammer as we speak. :( The guy is literally stocking a cell phone store by using throw-away eBay accounts to scam people like us.

Yeah man screw eBay scammers. Ugh. It sucks doing the PayPal and eBay run around they do. I honestly still feel that telling me anything is better than silence though. Cause the scammers went dark on me too so it makes it harder. I’m super understanding and will wait as long as it takes as long as the communication is there. Thanks so much!!! I feel bad I called him out. I apologized through eBay message. I feel embarrassed now but I was having a bad day after spending the day with PayPal and eBay “customer service”.

Yeah, that may have had something to do with his unrelated IRL issue that he hinted at. Expect to hear from him soon. :)[/quote]

Cool i can wait a bit more it was just the not knowing part that was killing me especially since i'm dealing with these stupid scammers. Thanks for all the replies i know you guys are crazy right now and under tons of pressure. : )


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:26 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 674
Socalju wrote:
Seriously how can it possibly take this long to get a refund? It requires ZERO work on your part. Please just issue my refund and send me back my N64. This is beyond ridiculous at this point.


I'm sure it takes work to correlate your un here with the email on file, determine the amount you request, see if it checks with the amount you paid, etc. How do you expect them to return your N64 without putting in effort?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:55 pm 



Joined: 11 Nov 2020
Posts: 4
ldeveraux wrote:
Socalju wrote:
Seriously how can it possibly take this long to get a refund? It requires ZERO work on your part. Please just issue my refund and send me back my N64. This is beyond ridiculous at this point.


I'm sure it takes work to correlate your un here with the email on file, determine the amount you request, see if it checks with the amount you paid, etc. How do you expect them to return your N64 without putting in effort?


Not to mention dealing with hundreds of emails, installing and testing consoles, testing boards to ship out, troubleshooting unforeseen issues, etc.

People need to have faith in these TWO guys. They have been transparent and working overtime to heal the crappy situation (not crappy at all considering the two years of nothing).

Wait your turn as they accommodate the many that have waited before you. If the money is so important, it was dumb of you to invest in the first place with all the unknowns. Give them a break.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:01 pm 



Joined: 04 Mar 2018
Posts: 121
Socalju wrote:
Seriously how can it possibly take this long to get a refund? It requires ZERO work on your part. Please just issue my refund and send me back my N64. This is beyond ridiculous at this point.

It has been explained to you every time you’ve asked.

The main reason is because UltraHDMI HW2 is shipping and takes priority. Bad timing. It’s also because he’s only doing refunds as he encounters them while naturally processing the list so that he doesn’t prematurely refund a bunch of people who immediately change their mind causing needless fees/expense. Honestly, I can’t believe he’s refunding people when we have their kits and then not taking ownership of said kits considering that he essentially fronted the money for them after a refund is given. He’s doing this and reallocating kits down the list for the benefit of everyone who was still waiting. Obviously, they take priority.

He has paid for around $80,000 of kits and refunded tens of thousands already. He had always said that you could request a refund up until the money was sent. He had no obligation to refund them once their money was sent to Marshall/RetroActive but they have been waiting the longest and deserve attention first.

I don’t know where on the list you are or when you joined but I suggested to him weeks ago that the reallocated kits should prioritize people who have already sent their consoles to avoid unnecessary round-trip expenses in addition to lost PayPal fees and such. If N64Digital prompted you to request the refund then it stands to reason that you may want that instead, especially if we have your console. If you are far enough down he has to correspond with each person ahead of you to see if he will even have a kit to offer you. If you already sent your console I assume you are early enough in the list for one of these 530 kits or maybe even N64Digital. Obviously, he’s going to want to make sure you don’t want either of those options when offering the refund. In the mean time he has to tune out the loudest so he can focus on the people who waited the longest. Doing anything else would set a bad precedent and disrupt the group buy even further for the people who deserve the be dealt with first.

I’m sure you understand.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:05 pm 



Joined: 04 Mar 2018
Posts: 121
Max_P0 wrote:
Hey guys, any update?

Can I get a refund (live.com) or perhaps an update if I will getting my 2 kits in this batch ?

He’s about to reallocate all the canceled kits and it looks like you are near the top of that list. Expect to hear from him VERY soon.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:32 pm 



Joined: 21 Jan 2020
Posts: 10
CZroe wrote:
Max_P0 wrote:
Hey guys, any update?

Can I get a refund (live.com) or perhaps an update if I will getting my 2 kits in this batch ?

He’s about to reallocate all the canceled kits and it looks like you are near the top of that list. Expect to hear from him VERY soon.


Thanks :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:11 pm 



Joined: 10 Dec 2020
Posts: 7
I wonder if any new firmware will add a smoothing option? That thing is really good for making n64 games look much better on HD tvs. Anyone with direct line to the creator know? just curious.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:01 am 



Joined: 04 Mar 2018
Posts: 121
Not sure how, but Ichinisan was having trouble finding a particular kit and I suggested that it might’ve been the one that was unprovisioned and needed to go back to Marshall. He suddenly realized that he had only been keeping track of the three “phantom DAC” kits and had not recently seen the note about which was the unprovisioned one. It took a long time to figure out which kit that was because his notes were made before we knew what to call it and his hours-long testing video only showed the serials he called out on screen. He confirmed that wasn’t the missing kit but also confirmed that one of you received that kit yesterday. Oops.

He had noticed two lines assigned to the same guy and thought it was an error that he corrected when, in fact, that name has been allocated another kit and the first was still assigned so that he wouldn’t accidentally assign it to someone else. Hoping he didn’t make a similar mistake with the kit we were originally looking for, which still hasn’t turned up. :(

Too many mistakes slowing everything down. What was the point of testing all those kits if he was going to accidentally send them anyway? Hope it’s in the car from one of our late-night airport postal runs. Supposed to be getting our vaccine boosters in the morning so we’ll be sure to look there next.
Kobeskillz wrote:
I wonder if any new firmware will add a smoothing option? That thing is really good for making n64 games look much better on HD tvs. Anyone with direct line to the creator know? just curious.

VI DeBlur>Off ;)

...but, seriously, Nintendo originally added the blur as a way to make things look less pixelated, and it works. Same with the anti-aliasing that people often wrongly conflate with VI Blur (no, Gameshark/Action Replay cheats and DeBlur ROM patches are not the same as VI Deblur). Something like 2x SAI scaling really only works right with pixel art so I wouldn’t expect it to improve the look of 3D games.

Marshall (the creator) did say he was working on a new scan line option and then hinted at an unannounced feature but I don’t know if he was talking about two different things or not. Hoping to hear something soon.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:09 pm 



Joined: 10 Dec 2020
Posts: 7
CZroe wrote:
Not sure how, but Ichinisan was having trouble finding a particular kit and I suggested that it might’ve been the one that was unprovisioned and needed to go back to Marshall. He suddenly realized that he had only been keeping track of the three “phantom DAC” kits and had not recently seen the note about which was the unprovisioned one. It took a long time to figure out which kit that was because his notes were made before we knew what to call it and his hours-long testing video only showed the serials he called out on screen. He confirmed that wasn’t the missing kit but also confirmed that one of you received that kit yesterday. Oops.

He had noticed two lines assigned to the same guy and thought it was an error that he corrected when, in fact, that name has been allocated another kit and the first was still assigned so that he wouldn’t accidentally assign it to someone else. Hoping he didn’t make a similar mistake with the kit we were originally looking for, which still hasn’t turned up. :(

Too many mistakes slowing everything down. What was the point of testing all those kits if he was going to accidentally send them anyway? Hope it’s in the car from one of our late-night airport postal runs. Supposed to be getting our vaccine boosters in the morning so we’ll be sure to look there next.
Kobeskillz wrote:
I wonder if any new firmware will add a smoothing option? That thing is really good for making n64 games look much better on HD tvs. Anyone with direct line to the creator know? just curious.

VI DeBlur>Off ;)

...but, seriously, Nintendo originally added the blur as a way to make things look less pixelated, and it works. Same with the anti-aliasing that people often wrongly conflate with VI Blur (no, Gameshark/Action Replay cheats and DeBlur ROM patches are not the same as VI Deblur). Something like 2x SAI scaling really only works right with pixel art so I wouldn’t expect it to improve the look of 3D games.

Marshall (the creator) did say he was working on a new scan line option and then hinted at an unannounced feature but I don’t know if he was talking about two different things or not. Hoping to hear something soon.


Some of the newer stuff like the retro tink, EON64 and even the new pixel FX hdmi have a “smoothing” option. Is different than Nintendo’s blur. It really does do a good job of smoothing out the pixilated image of the N64 after being blow up from such a low resolution. That’s why I was wondering if maybe he was looking into this. Is a great option. Different from deblur off for sure.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:00 pm 



Joined: 19 Mar 2017
Posts: 460
CZroe wrote:
Marshall (the creator) did say he was working on a new scan line option and then hinted at an unannounced feature but I don’t know if he was talking about two different things or not. Hoping to hear something soon.


It’s in dire need of a firmware update with some new options.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:34 pm 



Joined: 04 Mar 2018
Posts: 121
Ninjafork wrote:
Hello everyone.

I got my kit and made a mistake with the flex cable. Does anyone have any interest in selling me a spare you might have/are selling? I just need a cable.

I missed this due to new user post approval. Cables are in short supply but I can help. Sent you a message.

Kobeskillz wrote:
CZroe wrote:
Not sure how, but Ichinisan was having trouble finding a particular kit and I suggested that it might’ve been the one that was unprovisioned and needed to go back to Marshall. He suddenly realized that he had only been keeping track of the three “phantom DAC” kits and had not recently seen the note about which was the unprovisioned one. It took a long time to figure out which kit that was because his notes were made before we knew what to call it and his hours-long testing video only showed the serials he called out on screen. He confirmed that wasn’t the missing kit but also confirmed that one of you received that kit yesterday. Oops.

He had noticed two lines assigned to the same guy and thought it was an error that he corrected when, in fact, that name has been allocated another kit and the first was still assigned so that he wouldn’t accidentally assign it to someone else. Hoping he didn’t make a similar mistake with the kit we were originally looking for, which still hasn’t turned up. :(

Too many mistakes slowing everything down. What was the point of testing all those kits if he was going to accidentally send them anyway? Hope it’s in the car from one of our late-night airport postal runs. Supposed to be getting our vaccine boosters in the morning so we’ll be sure to look there next.
Kobeskillz wrote:
I wonder if any new firmware will add a smoothing option? That thing is really good for making n64 games look much better on HD tvs. Anyone with direct line to the creator know? just curious.

VI DeBlur>Off ;)

...but, seriously, Nintendo originally added the blur as a way to make things look less pixelated, and it works. Same with the anti-aliasing that people often wrongly conflate with VI Blur (no, Gameshark/Action Replay cheats and DeBlur ROM patches are not the same as VI Deblur). Something like 2x SAI scaling really only works right with pixel art so I wouldn’t expect it to improve the look of 3D games.

Marshall (the creator) did say he was working on a new scan line option and then hinted at an unannounced feature but I don’t know if he was talking about two different things or not. Hoping to hear something soon.


Some of the newer stuff like the retro tink, EON64 and even the new pixel FX hdmi have a “smoothing” option. Is different than Nintendo’s blur. It really does do a good job of smoothing out the pixilated image of the N64 after being blow up from such a low resolution. That’s why I was wondering if maybe he was looking into this. Is a great option. Different from deblur off for sure.

There are options to simulate bad CRTs and you can turn Sharp Pixels off but it isn’t the same as what a RetriTink 2X does. Not sure how easy it is to do what it does digitally but he is working on new FW and I hope he adds something like that.

strayan wrote:
CZroe wrote:
Marshall (the creator) did say he was working on a new scan line option and then hinted at an unannounced feature but I don’t know if he was talking about two different things or not. Hoping to hear something soon.

It’s in dire need of a firmware update with some new options.

At least we know he’s working on one. Supposedly that was the reason the kits we have now didn’t ship back in August! He wanted to finish the new FW first. Instead, it was taking too long so he released with the same FW he had on the preview unit.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:11 pm 



Joined: 10 Aug 2020
Posts: 12
Ichinisan contacted me with what I want to do about my units. Looks like he's gotten past the huge buyer on the list. For those who are worried, fear not. He will get to ya :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:50 pm 



Joined: 07 Feb 2013
Posts: 296
I recieved my UltraHDMI N64 today, works great. Thank you Ichinisan and CZroe!
I wish I didn't ask to replace the LED as the white led is brightening up half the N64 logo above. Looks weird. But other than that. Super happy!
Love the new built-in analogue options. I didn't try out the RGB analogue out yet.

Oh and the cartridge door can get stuck and when it does, only way is to open all screws and fiddle out the door. Sometimes it's very hard to put cartridge into also.
Also the N64 was not cleaned before sent to me, I think when you are disassembling everything like this, there ain't much trouble to clean the plastics parts in the kitchen sink before reassembling.


Last edited by Elrinth on Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:53 pm 



Joined: 21 Jun 2020
Posts: 1
If i need to change my address (I am listed as Skykiller on the list) who do i need to email?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:33 pm 



Joined: 04 Mar 2018
Posts: 121
Got bumped to work Sat (today). When asked I suggested taking Thu off because I anticipated side effects of my 2nd Moderna mRNA vaccine dose (not allowed to go in with a fever). Got a 101-degree fever, right on cue, but I wasn’t expecting to be nearly incapacitated (pain, soreness, headache, nausea, stiffness, etc). Haven’t eaten in days but I’m feeling better today. Was difficult and painful to lift my soldering arm but I managed to finish every console my brother prepared. Wish I was able to help more in-between but I was in bed all day.

Had to share some nanny cam footage with the landlord. I’ll just say that the new roommate may not work out. Hope he doesn’t have anything to do with the kit we can’t find. Regardless, we just need to keep working through the remainder until we have a clearer picture.

We got one group buyer’s console in yesterday that was also an eTim N64RGB salvage job. Arrived after I went to work and figured out the problem during my lunch break: CLK was shorted to Gnd on the mod board even after isolating on both ends. The previous soldering looked great despite using ribbon directly to the fine pitch MAV-NUS chip (no DENC FFC adapter). Impressive, really. After isolating the connections on both ends it was clearly shorted somewhere else on the N64RGB. Lifting the ribbon cable revealed alternate 0.8mm pads which Tim advises not to use due to the fine pitch... and they were all delaminated/mangled. After work I removed all wiring to clean that up then performed the mod all over again to verify the console and RGB board still worked... all just to rip it out again and install UltraHDMI HW2+DAC (the easy part!) with a blue LED. :)

terzdesign wrote:
Ichinisan contacted me with what I want to do about my units. Looks like he's gotten past the huge buyer on the list. For those who are worried, fear not. He will get to ya :)

Sorry to leave you hanging as long as we did!

Elrinth wrote:
I recieved my UltraHDMI N64 today, works great. Thank you Ichinisan and CZroe!
I wish I didn't ask to replace the LED as the white led is brightening up half the N64 logo above. Looks weird. But other than that. Super happy!
Love the new built-in DeBlur options. I didn't try out the RGB analogue out yet.

Yeah, a part of the jewel is exposed on the back which lets light through. You can cover it on the inside with electrical tape or lean into it by removing enough to expose all the graphical parts to make the N64 logo light up. Looks kinda cool with a white light and an illuminated badge/jewel. :)

skykiller30 wrote:
If i need to change my address (I am listed as Skykiller on the list) who do i need to email?

He is still receiving all emails to the one listed in the OP. What will happen is when he gets to you he will read all prior correspondence including the ones he hasn’t responded to yet and then reach out, so if you have sent him details of an address change he should have it when the time comes. He creates a GMail label for anyone who’s processing/processed so that your replies won’t get crowded out by all the other emails. This way he can systematically prioritize people as he moves through the list.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:28 am 



Joined: 30 May 2019
Posts: 3
Hi,

i made a YouTube Video on how to install the UltraHDMI HW2 including the DAC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZUMlXjajXA

I hope this might be helpful!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:07 pm 



Joined: 03 Mar 2020
Posts: 1
If we'd like to add the DAC, should we wait until we're contacted, or should we let someone know ahead of time?

Glad to see things are moving! Thanks


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BONKERS, DirkSwizzler, Google [Bot], ledoeye, SavagePencil, yoshiyukiblade and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group