shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:29 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:04 pm 

Round 6 update! I opened the package on video and all 76 kits tested fine. There should have been 80 kits, but 4 were missing!

There were some strange gaps and overlaps in the serial numbers that made it difficult to sort them, but I noted which 4 were missing and Marshall said they are on the way to me in another package. I already received enough kits for group-buy round 6 (planning to use the rest as inventory when I launch WeStillPlay.com).

I'm packing and shipping the kit-only (no install) orders right now!

Last edited by Ichinisan on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:22 pm 

Ichinisan wrote:
Round 6 update! I opened the package on video and all 76 kits tested fine. There should have been 80 kits, but 4 were missing!

There were some strange gaps and overlaps in the serial numbers that made it difficult to sort them, but I noted which 4 were missing and Marshall said they are on the way to me in another package. I already received enough kits for group-buy round 6 (planning to use the rest as inventory when I launch WeStillPlay.com).

Hollaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:24 pm 

CZroe wrote:
Tough to say. He has indicated that multiple HW1 batches in the past were likely the last batch of HW1... even been saying this since before it was public that he was working on a HW2! I'm not even sure it is supposed to be public but GameTech started talking about it when the last we had heard was that we weren't supposed to say anything yet.

AFAIK, it's still functionally identical except that it supports an optional analog add-on board. This means HW2 should be a direct substitute. Unfortunately, the flex is being updated so you likely can't just switch boards if you want the RGB-expandable version. Not sure what is changing there but, at the very least, IGR will finally be on the same connection.

Yay! No more tethering otherwise-disconnectable boards! ;) /S

Yeah, not really that exciting... especially since I typically make my IGR connection with a disconnect anyway.

Thanks for the detailed response, dude! That sounds like the Rev. 2 might not be all that useful to me personally, although I can see why it'd be appealing to peeps. I reckon I'd be all good with the current revision.

Ichinisan wrote:

Oh MAN, it's seriously incredible to see some progress on the second-to-current round. I'm beyond excited to see round seven begin now!

Again, thank you both for managing all of this. I say that a lot, but I can't stress it enough. It also must be so relieving for you guys to hit the ground running on everything.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:02 pm 

UltraHDMI group-buy round 6 update:

I sent all the kit-only (no install) orders on 8/14. Some of you should have received the tracking numbers automatically via PayPal notifications. I'll be sending the tracking numbers soon to make sure everyone has it.

As is typical, the kits needed to have solder added to the anchor tabs of the mini HDMI port. CZroe added solder and I tested all of the kits again for the kit-only (no install) orders.

NOTE: The UltraHDMI kit is supposed to include an "UltraHDMI" label that would be applied to the area on the bottom of the N64 where a USA system has no label (but Japanese or PAL systems have a serial number there). The label includes a note about how to access the menu, even if you've disabled the hotkey (just boot with no game and do the button combo).

I did not receive any labels with this order, but Marshall will be sending them to me soon along with 4 UltraHDMI kits I haven't received yet. I already had several labels left over from previous orders because Marshall usually sends a few extra. This is how I allocated them:

- Anyone outside of USA who ordered a kit (no install) received a label for each kit

- Anyone in USA who ordered more than one kit got at least 1 label
I have to assume it's possible you've done installs before and might already have an extra label or two.

- Allocated the remaining labels in the order of the participants list (sorted by when I received payment of at least $130 for the kit)

When I receive them, I'll send the label stickers in a separate envelope to anyone who didn't have enough.

kylez64 (2 kits) - needs 1 label
FlyEaglesFlyPA (2 kits) - needs 1 label
beanmosheen - I don't have pic of pkg contents. Let me know if you got your mini HDMI cable.
DadicusPrime - needs 1 label
Zappyraccoon (3 kits) - needs 2 labels
Grown_Ass_Kid - needs 1 label
Tpoundx - needs 1 label
Arthrimus (5 kits, DELIVERED) - Not sure how many labels I put in there. Please let me know.
NGalaxyTimmyo - needs 1 label

I received a tracking number from RetroActive yesterday and it started moving today (8/16). This second package contains the last 4 UltraHDMI kits and at least 80 "UltraHDMI" labels (for the bottom of each upgraded console).

On Thursday we had our first visitor! Anthony (Anthonyn0919) spent hours in Atlanta traffic to come meet with my brother and me for the install. He had to tolerate my brother and and me talking his ears off while we looked at some of our gaming hoard. Show-and-tell is always fun!

We upgraded his N64 and did some work on his Dreamcast. We still have the Dreamcast here to finish some final touches (install resettable fuse, PSU 12V rail disable, DCHDMI to USB-GDROM connection, etc...). We'll do that after we finish the bulk of these N64s.

Since Marshall has already sent the "UltraHDMI" labels and they are on the way to me, I'll wait for those to arrive. Then we can probably ship all of the N64s at the same time. I'll still have to send the labels to some people who ordered kit-only (no install). Then we'll have everything wrapped-up! I'm still waiting for a few consoles to reach me, then we'll have everything wrapped-up!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:41 am 

Bump - because I added a lot more to the previous post (should trigger an email notice if you subscribe to this thread).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:10 am 

Thanks for everything you and your friend do! With how much extra work you both put into this each round it really wouldn't be unfair to charge a bit more than base cost. Or at least have a donate option somewhere.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7