UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Lopenator

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by Lopenator »

Deeb0 wrote:Geez you're a goose, Robert.

Any extra strain on the brothers are not going to get things moving faster; you're just making us all wait longer.
Goose or not, I'm participating. I have zero faith the "waiting" you speak of will ever be over.
bahamutfan64

Post by bahamutfan64 »

A petition against Gadot certainly didn’t slow him down any.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Posting this again so your vendetta against the brothers isn't the most recent comment. Stop doing this. You joined less than a month ago just to start shit. You made your point, you posted your shitty suvey. Fade off now.
PULOVR

Post by PULOVR »

I talked to one of the brothers the other day. He told me that they are concentrating on completing installs, sending out kits, or refunding people if that's what they want. It also doesn't help that they are still dealing with the after affects from the tornado as well as other personal matters (I didn't want to be noisy for details about that stuff, because it's none of my business).
PULOVR

Post by PULOVR »

With that said.... I figure, for them to come here to make an update/post, and then respond to countless questions, just eats into the time they have available each day, that could be better spent doing the job people have paid them to do (ie, selling/installing the kits). You'd figure some of the people complaining on the forum could figure that out all by themselves (but apparently not). The constant bitching and defamatory comments when they did decide to post an update, probably (most likely) didn't help things imo. I too would limit my time here if I were in their shoes after reading some of the lovely and heart warming post. (that was sarcasm in case someone missed it)

And since it seems that some people have a short memory span... the choices (ie, still want the kit, install, or a refund) are given to each person they contact (as they go down the list). The major slow down (it seems pretty obvious when you stop and think about it for a moment), has most likely been from the back and forth emails with each person when trying to contact them, asking what they want do, and then completing that particular order before going on to the next person. Again, the brothers have to WAIT for each person to reply BEFORE they know how to proceed with each order. They can't get very far on the list until they hear back from each person they try to contact. I believe that is one of the reasons why it's taking so long. But again, this is not new info for anyone that has been paying attention... it's been mentioned multiply times on this thread, but some people are impatient and want answers and things done now now now. :shakeshead:
dryja123

Post by dryja123 »

Man, getting an update from a strange third party is definitely awkward. It wouldn’t be so hard to post an update if they did so every so often, and didn’t toss out 3000 word salads that were filled with nothing.

Here’s a good update format. “We have X kits on hand. We have X kits waiting in production. We’ve processed these many refunds”

I want to see what hat that Marshall is going to pull the chips out from.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

PULOVR wrote:Again, the brothers have to WAIT for each person to reply BEFORE they know how to proceed with each order. They can't get very far on the list until they hear back from each person they try to contact.
Does this way of going about it even make sense though? Is there a limit to how long they wait for a response?

And wouldn't it make more sense for them to default to sending a refund to the original payment address after X days of no response? (Where X should be a reasonably short time to keep things moving.)
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

fernan1234 wrote:
PULOVR wrote:Again, the brothers have to WAIT for each person to reply BEFORE they know how to proceed with each order. They can't get very far on the list until they hear back from each person they try to contact.
Does this way of going about it even make sense though? Is there a limit to how long they wait for a response?
It doesn't matter. Second guess it all you'd like, this is the way 2 people decided to process several hundred orders. It sounds like everybody would do it differently, but not everybody had the balls to get way over their head supporting a 7th round group buy. haha
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

ldeveraux wrote:It doesn't matter. Second guess it all you'd like, this is the way 2 people decided to process several hundred orders. It sounds like everybody would do it differently, but not everybody had the balls to get way over their head supporting a 7th round group buy. haha
It matters if they can change this decision and start doing things in a smarter way.

Otherwise it's willing mishandling, and robertwhamm's proposed approach starts making more sense.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

fernan1234 wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:It doesn't matter. Second guess it all you'd like, this is the way 2 people decided to process several hundred orders. It sounds like everybody would do it differently, but not everybody had the balls to get way over their head supporting a 7th round group buy. haha
It matters if they can change this decision and start doing things in a smarter way.

Otherwise it's willing mishandling, and robertwhamm's proposed approach starts making more sense.
When did this GB begin? Since that point have they changed their methods at all? What makes you think they might in the future?
10mile

Post by 10mile »

PULOVR wrote:I talked to one of the brothers the other day. He told me that they are concentrating on completing installs, sending out kits, or refunding people if that's what they want.
Weird claim considering the spreadsheet hasn't been updated since at least early October. Who are you again?
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

10mile wrote:
PULOVR wrote:I talked to one of the brothers the other day. He told me that they are concentrating on completing installs, sending out kits, or refunding people if that's what they want.
Weird claim considering the spreadsheet hasn't been updated since at least early October. Who are you again?
That's not bad considering CZroe hasn't bothered to login to face the maniacs since he got called out for putting disaster relief ahead of a group buy.
mikechi2

Post by mikechi2 »

As much as I'd love to see everyone made whole again, I don't think that's happening. If they aren't solvent enough to fill the orders, then there's certainly not much you can extract via legal action. Sucks but "scam by accident" pretty much sums it up. As is "charity to the incompetent".

Imo. the biggest thing those two have cost everyone is time which you'll never get back and emotional frustration. So perhaps the most healthy option is to write it off and consider it a pleasant surprise if it ever shows up.
skitals

Post by skitals »

robertwhamm wrote: Troll on.

People are free to use any name or email they want - we will reach out to participants via whichever contact info they provide with updates.
Who is we? What law firm is taking on this class action?
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

skitals wrote:
robertwhamm wrote: $60k+ is more than worth it to go after these two. Scam by accident can put these guys in a repeatable pattern of continuing to do this. This is more about the principal of the situation to me. There are alot of people being completly and blatantly ignored. It is worth it to me to represent the majority of us and make sure these two are held accountable for their actions - regardless if we are financially made whole again.

ultrahdmiclassaction.com
Nothing says "scam" like a class action lawsuit website created in wordpress with no law firm affiliated.
Ha! I blocked the dimwit, so I only see other replies to him. Was "scam by accident" the legal term he's concerned with??? What a nose dive this took.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

I’m just glad we’re all keeping ourselves entertained during the long wait.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

Hypothetical for Mr Deveraux:

How many months of silence and no movement would it take for you to start questioning the brothers?
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

10mile wrote:Hypothetical for Mr Deveraux:

How many months of silence and no movement would it take for you to start questioning the brothers?
Pretty much this. I'm not saying every last person won't get their console or that the brothers aren't trying. Whether this is still legit, it was a scam by accident, it was poor planning, whatever the case is or isn't, how can you think people don't have a teeny-tiny right to be just a little bit concerned at this point? LOL!

I mean, they haven't even popped in here to say anything. It would take, literally, 30 seconds to open their web browser, pop into this thread with a simple comment of: "Hey, everyone, we are still working as fast as we can. We promise we'll get to you". They wouldn't haven't to scroll through the pages or answer anyone on anything else, at all. Just a simple "Hey, we're here and were still installing and shipping". There is no excuse to not have even gotten that. All these excuses of life is busy or they're working so hard they can't stop.... 30 seconds to post one single sentence. LOL! Something. ANYTHING to show people they are still there and actually doing something. I mean, my God, anything. I'd settle for one of them logging in and posting in this thread a simple "HI" and then disappearing with nothing else. :lol:
chrrrissss

Post by chrrrissss »

There is a lot of back and forth on here, all concerns and frustration are understandable - At the end of the day the brothers have been through a hell of a lot and I hope they are well! I massively sympathise with them and also those with skin in the game left in the lurch. Just hoping it all comes together at some point really.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

TooBeaucoup wrote: Pretty much this. I'm not saying every last person won't get their console or that the brothers aren't trying. Whether this is still legit, it was a scam by accident, it was poor planning, whatever the case is or isn't, how can you think people don't have a teeny-tiny right to be just a little bit concerned at this point? LOL!

I mean, they haven't even popped in here to say anything. It would take, literally, 30 seconds to open their web browser, pop into this thread with a simple comment of: "Hey, everyone, we are still working as fast as we can. We promise we'll get to you". They wouldn't haven't to scroll through the pages or answer anyone on anything else, at all. Just a simple "Hey, we're here and were still installing and shipping". There is no excuse to not have even gotten that. All these excuses of life is busy or they're working so hard they can't stop.... 30 seconds to post one single sentence. LOL! Something. ANYTHING to show people they are still there and actually doing something. I mean, my God, anything. I'd settle for one of them logging in and posting in this thread a simple "HI" and then disappearing with nothing else. :lol:
How long SHOULD it take to return to normalcy after a tornado destroys your life? During a pandemic. Getting a bunch of nerds a silly HDMI upgrade for their N64 should be last on their list of post-tornado recovery tasks. One of them was here in October and gave an update, we take what we get, that's all there is to it.
bahamutfan64

Post by bahamutfan64 »

ldeveraux wrote:
TooBeaucoup wrote: Pretty much this. I'm not saying every last person won't get their console or that the brothers aren't trying. Whether this is still legit, it was a scam by accident, it was poor planning, whatever the case is or isn't, how can you think people don't have a teeny-tiny right to be just a little bit concerned at this point? LOL!

How long SHOULD it take to return to normalcy after a tornado destroys your life? During a pandemic. Getting a bunch of nerds a silly HDMI upgrade for their N64 should be last on their list of post-tornado recovery tasks. One of them was here in October and gave an update, we take what we get, that's all there is to it.
For all we know they used the outstanding $60,000, as calculated in the previous page, to repair their roof. Could be the case, could not be the case - either way, negative speculation is what happens when there’s no communication to people you received money from.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

bahamutfan64 wrote: For all we know they used the outstanding $60,000, as calculated in the previous page, to repair their roof. Could be the case, could not be the case - either way, negative speculation is what happens when there’s no communication to people you received money from.
No. Negative speculation is what happens when kids on the internet feel slighted and assume the worst. Insurance covers tornado damage in Texas, didn't you know that? I suppose you would disregard that if you jumped to the least logical and most speculative conclusion!
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

ldeveraux wrote:

But, at the end of the day, you see ZERO reason as to why some people might be concerned? None at all? Absolutely nothing? Nothing weird or out of the ordinary to see here? NOTHING?! Really?
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

ldeveraux wrote:
bahamutfan64 wrote: For all we know they used the outstanding $60,000, as calculated in the previous page, to repair their roof. Could be the case, could not be the case - either way, negative speculation is what happens when there’s no communication to people you received money from.
No. Negative speculation is what happens when kids on the internet feel slighted and assume the worst. Insurance covers tornado damage in Texas, didn't you know that? I suppose you would disregard that if you jumped to the least logical and most speculative conclusion!
lol - a quick look at the brothers most recent posts on social media and other platforms (redit etc) you see posts looking for sympathy and signs of being financially in trouble.

Facebook: Dog got hit by car - “look at this medical bill I owe”

Redit: Posts all over talking about how they are liquidating their entire retro video game collection and having “pickers” come to their home to buy lots in mass.

What are the odds of the pickers not scooping up our consoles that were sent in?

I wouldn’t be surprised if this user is closely tied to these two or hell an alt account of one of the brothers at this point.
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

robertwhamm wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:
lol - a quick look at the brothers most recent posts on social media and other platforms (redit etc) you see posts looking for sympathy and signs of being financially in trouble.

Facebook: Dog got hit by car - “look at this medical bill I owe”

Redit: Posts all over talking about how they are liquidating their entire retro video game collection and having “pickers” come to their home to buy lots in mass.

What are the odds of the pickers not scooping up our consoles that were sent in?

I wouldn’t be surprised if this user is closely tied to these two or hell an alt account of one of the brothers at this point.
Sure makes ya wonder. Maybe everyone will get their consoles, but I have to wonder, in two years, when there's still no word with dozens and dozens of people waiting, is ldeveraux still going to be making excuses of how they couldn't have recovered from a tornado after 3 years. LOL!
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

TooBeaucoup wrote:
Sure makes ya wonder. Maybe everyone will get their consoles, but I have to wonder, in two years, when there's still no word with dozens and dozens of people waiting, is ldeveraux still going to be making excuses of how they couldn't have recovered from a tornado after 3 years. LOL!
Dude, wait for your gaming toy like an adult. This is the risk you take buying things online from someone whose home base is a forum post. You're not a victim, none of you is, you knew what you were getting into. There were no issues in the first 6 rounds of the group buy, many users have gotten their units. Nobody forced you to take a gamble on this. Shit happens, stop complaining. Enough already.

Edit: fwiw, i completely understand the anger, distrust, betrayal, etc linked to this group buy. I'm not blind to the fact that people promised things for money and many people haven't received said things. I'd be miffed too.

But a class action lawsuit? What do you hope to gain? Money? I doubt you'll get evidence to prove any misdeeds. Updates? Sure, but why would any recent update be any different than the previous? Your product? Yes of course, but suing someone to make your product faster will not achieve that. Put yourselves in someone else's shoes. Someone who maybe has gone through well documented hardships. Do you honestly believe that 2 guys ran 6 successful buys just to steal $60k on the 7th?
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

ldeveraux wrote:
TooBeaucoup wrote:
Dude, wait for your gaming toy like an adult. This is the risk you take buying things online from someone whose home base is a forum post. You're not a victim, none of you is, you knew what you were getting into. There were no issues in the first 6 rounds of the group buy, many users have gotten their units. Nobody forced you to take a gamble on this. Shit happens, stop complaining. Enough already.

Edit: fwiw, i completely understand the anger, distrust, betrayal, etc linked to this group buy. I'm not blind to the fact that people promised things for money and many people haven't received said things. I'd be miffed too.

But a class action lawsuit? What do you hope to gain? Money? I doubt you'll get evidence to prove any misdeeds. Updates? Sure, but why would any recent update be any different than the previous? Your product? Yes of course, but suing someone to make your product faster will not achieve that. Put yourselves in someone else's shoes. Someone who maybe has gone through well documented hardships. Do you honestly believe that 2 guys ran 6 successful buys just to steal $60k on the 7th?
I'm not even on the list. I got an N64 Digital and installed it when they launched. I've just been following this topic for something to do. I'm not saying they're out to scam anyone. All I've been saying for the last several months is it sure starts to look odd after constant excuses. And I can see why some people might be nervous.
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

A crazy concept I know..... Accountability.

Taking people's money is not okay regardless of the circumstances. Even more so when you run away from the issue and decide to just not deal with it at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oIKaP3Hzes
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

robertwhamm wrote:A crazy concept I know..... Accountability.

Taking people's money is not okay regardless of the circumstances. Even more so when you run away from the issue and decide to just not deal with it at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oIKaP3Hzes
Speaking of accountability, how's that website coming along? You know, the one requesting people's personal information that was made with WordPress.

What was the name of it again? If only it was posted somewhere.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

alucard971 wrote: Speaking of accountability, how's that website coming along? You know, the one requesting people's personal information that was made with WordPress.

What was the name of it again? If only it was posted somewhere.
Speaking more on accountability, what if these people bothered to ask themselves "How likely am I to get my product here, and how does it affect my life if I don't? What's my worst case scenario?"