Lethal
Banned User

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by Lethal »

darkghost wrote:Shhhhhhhhhhh
hushed

Post by hushed »

I'm Hushed on the list. #39. I heard from Ichinisan this evening about the N64Digital which I had switched over to. I will by dropping my console off at the USPS to ship over for installation.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

hushed wrote:I'm Hushed on the list. #39. I heard from Ichinisan this evening about the N64Digital which I had switched over to. I will by dropping my console off at the USPS to ship over for installation.
#39 already had an UltraHDMI serial number assigned to it. So it would appear that no one other than those that picked up in person have actually received their kits 2 years later. More deception taking place on the list as a result of poor communication. It appears that all those that thought they were next in line in the mid 100's will continue to wait even longer than they thought.

On the bright side at least we know the list has finally received an update. Still waiting for an answer on why emails have been ignored since February and where that mythical "second batch" of kits went.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

Holy fuck we’re only at 39?!
hushed

Post by hushed »

Lethal wrote:
hushed wrote:I'm Hushed on the list. #39. I heard from Ichinisan this evening about the N64Digital which I had switched over to. I will by dropping my console off at the USPS to ship over for installation.
#39 already had an UltraHDMI serial number assigned to it. So it would appear that no one other than those that picked up in person have actually received their kits 2 years later. More deception taking place on the list as a result of poor communication. It appears that all those that thought they were next in line in the mid 100's will continue to wait even longer than they thought.

On the bright side at least we know the list has finally received an update. Still waiting for an answer on why emails have been ignored since February and where that mythical "second batch" of kits went.
He didn't assign me an UltraHDMI. Since 3/1/21, it has shown I was getting an N64Digital. He contacted me and I opted to switch to the N64 Digital on 3/1/21. So someone else got my UltraHDMI.
hushed

Post by hushed »

10mile wrote:Holy fuck we’re only at 39?!
Holy fuck, I switched gears on him a day shy of 4 months ago. He just got the N64Digital and switched me over. I would be on his delivered already list if it wasn't for me making the change. You people need to calm down.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

hushed wrote:
Lethal wrote:

He didn't assign me an UltraHDMI. Since 3/1/21, it has shown I was getting an N64Digital. He contacted me and I opted to switch to the N64 Digital on 3/1/21. So someone else got my UltraHDMI.
Clearly the switch to N64Digital was made. That wasn't my point. What you fail to understand from my post is that everyone had an UltraHDMI kit assigned to them from the first batch of kits they had. Then further delays/excuses transpired and obviously those that didn't pick up in person still weren't shipped kits. When or if you changed your mind to the N64Digital is irrelevant. The fact remains that you are #39 on the list and still haven't received your product. Meanwhile, the list with kits assigned due to lack of communication the last 5 months made it seem as if everyone that had a kit assigned to them had actually had the product shipped. That's clearly not the case since everyone that either asked for a refund or switched to an N64Digital when contacted simply had their assigned kit bumped down the list within the last few days.

In conclusion you’re #39 and were just now contacted about receiving your product. That means they're around that number on the list in actually fulfilling orders which makes the situation even more ridiculous than it originally seemed under the impression they had fulfilled orders into the mid 100's.

This is what logic would dictate. if there's something I'm missing it's because we've all asked for updates and are being ignored.
skitals

Post by skitals »

Lethal wrote:Clearly the switch to N64Digital was made. That wasn't my point. What you fail to understand from my post is that everyone had an UltraHDMI kit assigned to them from the first batch of kits they had. Then further delays/excuses transpired and obviously those that didn't pick up in person still weren't shipped kits. When or if you changed your mind to the N64Digital is irrelevant. The fact remains that you are #39 on the list and still haven't received your product. Meanwhile, the list with kits assigned due to lack of communication the last 5 months made it seem as if everyone that had a kit assigned to them had actually had the product shipped. That's clearly not the case since everyone that either asked for a refund or switched to an N64Digital when contacted simply had their assigned kit bumped down the list within the last few days.

In conclusion you’re #39 and were just now contacted about receiving your product. That means they're around that number on the list in actually fulfilling orders which makes the situation even more ridiculous than it originally seemed under the impression they had fulfilled orders into the mid 100's.

This is what logic would dictate. if there's something I'm missing it's because we've all asked for updates and are being ignored.
If only there was, say, a spreadsheet that showed exactly what orders have shipped and been delivered :idea: Maybe that would dictate that you are illogical. It's almost like switching your order from a product in hand to a new product that has not shipped yet might cause such a voluntary delay. Individuals that ordered direct from PixelFX are only just now receiving their N64Digitals. The fact they are turning that around so quickly is commendable to the Turners.

Not a single person is entitled a refund. The N64Digital was announced and suddenly people became inpatient and began demanding refunds in mass. That is not how Group Buys work, the fact refunds are even being entertained at the financial loss of our gracious hosts is mind boggling. The Group Buy is marching ahead come hell or high water, quite literally in this case. It might take another year or two but you WILL receive your product, and that is all that you are entitled. If you have an issue with that chalk it up to a life lesson that Group Buys are not for you. Perhaps there is a "Me Me Me" Buy you could find instead.
DangerRenegade

Post by DangerRenegade »

I emailed on 2/1 asking for a refund with no response... but I am also really far down the list so I assumed I would've gotten a refund by now.
darkghost

Post by darkghost »

If this were a business and we were customers, then I'd be upset too. But it's a group buy. There was always a chance for things to go wary. These guys have done 6 successful group buys previously and the team at Pixelfx trust them enough to send them 50 boards against their competition. To me, that says a lot.

Everyone is having issues with short chip supply, and these brothers are having issues with natural disasters. I think they should have capped the total numbers, but things were in their favor to continue at the time. Many things have changed, but their track record has proven them good.

More updates would be nice, but realistically, I bet there's nothing new to say. They're most likely in the same boat as they were last update.

Everyone understands the upsets others are having. But again, this isn't a business and hopefully you learn group buys aren't your thing. Wait until a distributor has the item in stock next time.
DangerRenegade

Post by DangerRenegade »

I'm not even mad. They'll get to it when they get to it. If I were mad it'd be directed at Marshall who dragged this out longer than it needed. The brothers got left holding the bag on this one.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

skitals wrote:
Lethal wrote:Clearly the switch to N64Digital was made. That wasn't my point. What you fail to understand from my post is that everyone had an UltraHDMI kit assigned to them from the first batch of kits they had. Then further delays/excuses transpired and obviously those that didn't pick up in person still weren't shipped kits. When or if you changed your mind to the N64Digital is irrelevant. The fact remains that you are #39 on the list and still haven't received your product. Meanwhile, the list with kits assigned due to lack of communication the last 5 months made it seem as if everyone that had a kit assigned to them had actually had the product shipped. That's clearly not the case since everyone that either asked for a refund or switched to an N64Digital when contacted simply had their assigned kit bumped down the list within the last few days.

If only there was, say, a spreadsheet that showed exactly what orders have shipped and been delivered :idea: Maybe that would dictate that you are illogical. It's almost like switching your order from a product in hand to a new product that has not shipped yet might cause such a voluntary delay. Individuals that ordered direct from PixelFX are only just now receiving their N64Digitals. The fact they are turning that around so quickly is commendable to the Turners.

Not a single person is entitled a refund. The N64Digital was announced and suddenly people became inpatient and began demanding refunds in mass. That is not how Group Buys work, the fact refunds are even being entertained at the financial loss of our gracious hosts is mind boggling. The Group Buy is marching ahead come hell or high water, quite literally in this case. It might take another year or two but you WILL receive your product, and that is all that you are entitled. If you have an issue with that chalk it up to a life lesson that Group Buys are not for you. Perhaps there is a "Me Me Me" Buy you could find instead.
You mean the spreadsheet that sat dormant without updates since February until a couple days ago? Excuse me for not having faith in that medium any longer while all we got were ignored emails and a laundry list of excuses in 1500 word essay posts every few months that answered nothing.

Everyone that didn't receive the product in a reasonable time frame is very much "entitled" to a refund. There is no governing set of rules on how a "group buy" works but there are laws that very explicitly state that when you buy something and don't receive it then that money is to be returned. If not, that's fraud and I'd think that a 2+ year time frame is being very generous in expecting orders be fulfilled.

Regarding refunds at their expense, "chalk it up to a life lesson" on how depending on an unreliable supplier and over selling the amount of product they could actually move was a bad idea. Much less that they used paypal which is notorious for high fees and a buyer protection program for the exact reason I just stated.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

darkghost wrote:If this were a business and we were customers, then I'd be upset too. But it's a group buy. There was always a chance for things to go wary. These guys have done 6 successful group buys previously and the team at Pixelfx trust them enough to send them 50 boards against their competition. To me, that says a lot.

Everyone is having issues with short chip supply, and these brothers are having issues with natural disasters. I think they should have capped the total numbers, but things were in their favor to continue at the time. Many things have changed, but their track record has proven them good.

More updates would be nice, but realistically, I bet there's nothing new to say. They're most likely in the same boat as they were last update.

Everyone understands the upsets others are having. But again, this isn't a business and hopefully you learn group buys aren't your thing. Wait until a distributor has the item in stock next time.
Whether or not it's a business is irrelevant. There's no exemption simply because someone decides to sell something out of their garage instead of a store front.

I'm also not buying the "chip shortage" excuse either. That only applies to cutting edge 7 nm and smaller processes and PixelFX being used as a comparison in your very own post proves that narrative wrong as they didn't have a fraction of the delays even accounting for the last 3 months since the tornado.

At the end of the day this mess was created because of over selling, over promising and lack of communication. Hell, I wouldn't have had a problem continuing to wait or created an account to post on the forum had I received a reply to my email in response to theirs that still hasn't been answered since early February.

Anyone asking for a refund or forcibly receiving one is very much justified at this point.
Last edited by Lethal on Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
darkghost

Post by darkghost »

You are pissed. Never said they were having chip shortage problems, but like that, the natural disasters are throwing a wrench in the system.

Everything was laid out about how the money works and they are reminding us that they are being generous to offer refunds when they get to each individual.

Don't ever invest in anything, cause just like here, there's not a manager you can complain to.
RIP-Felix

Post by RIP-Felix »

Here's how I see it:

This group buy is a written escrow agreement. We all agree to pool money our money with the brothers as executors, in order to negotiate a discount with Marshall. It was understood that users in the group buy would not be receiving a product in a timely manner. That money in the escrow account would grow to the point where the number of kits it could buy was attractive to Marshall. It takes time to grow, for Marshall to be in a position to accept the order, and for the batche to be manufactured, programmed, tested, and delivered. There was never an agreement on a refund window, instead it was implied that it could take a LONG TIME. That's why kits were near wholesale price and not marked up! YOU AGREE TO THAT BY PLACING YOUR MONEY IN ESCROW!

Technically, they can keep that money in an escrow account as long as there is a valid and reasonable reason it couldn't be refunded or spent on the agreed upon purchase. Up to this point they have kept everyone up to date on those "excuses," to use a popular dysphemism. The only way anyone can force their hand is to sue and let a judge decide if they have been reasonably delayed in refunding your money. It'd be a waste of everyone's time and I think the Judge would side with the Tornado victim's, but hey...That's just like, my opinion man!

Currently, they are only obligated to fulfill orders for the kits they have actually purchased and have on hand! The rest of you are still in escrow until they know how far into the list that number will stretch. Why? Because they are asking each user in line what they want to do. Maybe user's asked for a refund, but would change their mind at the prospect of getting it now that they know it's their turn. Arguably, and I agree with the criticism on this point, that's not a courtesy the brothers should extend. Perhaps they shouldn't for the sake of expediency! People have already waited long enough! It's admirable, ill advised, but nice of them to give people a chance to change their mind - people who may have panicked and jumped off the bad wagon after 2 years of waiting, just before their patience was to be rewarded!

Controversial as it is, we need to keep in mind that most useres were still waiting patiently until PixelFX announced the N64Digital and MANY on the list got cold feet. Giving people the chance accept the kit(s) they're entitled to, according to their position in line will limit the exodus (which has the potential to outnumber the amount of kits already paid for and can't be refunded). If people still want to cancel, the kit(s) on hand will stretch further down the list, but if too many people cancel, they won't be able to pay them back (especially eating paypal fees as they have been)! So I understand their reluctance to make a decision that limits their funds before they're sure how many people are still in.

Normally that wouldn't be a problem, it's not like they can't flip the kits on e-bay for literally 3x what they paid. I'm sure they would were it not for their "excuses." When you're flipping your childhood game collection for pennies on the dollar, personal finances won't cover the mass panic of buyers remorse after the N64Digital's announcement. This is analogous to ordering food at a restaurant with your friends and leaving to go to the brand new resturaunt that opend up across the street, before the food you ordered comes. No you didn't eat the food, but it got cooked and someone has to pay for it! If the restaurant won't take the loss (Marshall), then you're sticking your friends with the bill (the brothers)! And they just got wiped out by a Tornado! What a shitty friend you must be!

The bottom line is this:
Once they get to the point where they run out of kits, then they will be forced to recon with the remaining users who's money is still in escrow. I think at this point it would be irresponsible of them to use it to purchase more kits if Marshall offers them the opportunity to. I agree they need to process all the remaining refund requests and revise the original post with clear language. This way there's no ambiguity about what the escrow account balance is for (more kits when they become available). Something like this...

1) Unless you ask for a refund your money will be placed in an escrow account. You can be refunded only if you have not yet been allocated a kit from a purchased lot.
2) Once Marshall has been paid for kits, and you are scheduled to be in that lot, your money is non-refundable. If 1000 kits were ordered from Marshall, 1000 kits will be allocated to users on the list acording to the number they ordered and how long they have been waiting. Once locked in, if Marshall only delivers 200 kits, you'll have to wait until he sends the remaining 800 if you're further down the the list than 200 stretches. Be it 2 years form now or never.

Maybe that will help people realize what this is, and more importantly what it isn't!
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

darkghost wrote:You are pissed. Never said they were having chip shortage problems, but like that, the natural disasters are throwing a wrench in the system.

Everything was laid out about how the money works and they are reminding us that they are being generous to offer refunds when they get to each individual.

Don't ever invest in anything, cause just like here, there's not a manager you can complain to.
I’m not “pissed” at all. Only disappointed in how this ordeal has gone down hill significantly shortly after the start of the new year. Well before the tornado they stopped outright answering emails after claiming they were receiving a second batch of kits which in no way, shape or form has been accounted for to date.

As has been my problem since I created an account and repeated probably a dozen times now:

- Why are they hiding?
- What happened to the second batch of kits?

The piss poor nature in how the situation has been handled regardless of who’s to blame is the cause of the current status of whatever you want to call this mess and the “manager” seems to have taken an exodus.
Last edited by Lethal on Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

RIP-Felix wrote:Here's how I see it:

This group buy is a written escrow agreement. We all agree to pool money our money with the brothers as executors, in order to negotiate a discount with Marshall. It was understood that users in the group buy would not be receiving a product in a timely manner. That money in the escrow account would grow to the point where the number of kits it could buy was attractive to Marshall. It takes time to grow, for Marshall to be in a position to accept the order, and for the batche to be manufactured, programmed, tested, and delivered. There was never an agreement on a refund window, instead it was implied that it could take a LONG TIME. That's why kits were near wholesale price and not marked up! YOU AGREE TO THAT BY PLACING YOUR MONEY IN ESCROW!

Technically, they can keep that money in an escrow account as long as there is a valid and reasonable reason it couldn't be refunded or spent on the agreed upon purchase. Up to this point they have kept everyone up to date on those "excuses," to use a popular dysphemism. The only way anyone can force their hand is to sue and let a judge decide if they have been reasonably delayed in refunding your money. It'd be a waste of everyone's time and I think the Judge would side with the Tornado victim's, but hey...That's just like, my opinion man!

Currently, they are only obligated to fulfill orders for the kits they have actually purchased and have on hand! The rest of you are still in escrow until they know how far into the list that number will stretch. Why? Because they are asking each user in line what they want to do. Maybe user's asked for a refund, but would change their mind at the prospect of getting it now that they know it's their turn. Arguably, and I agree with the criticism on this point, that's not a courtesy the brothers should extend. Perhaps they shouldn't for the sake of expediency! People have already waited long enough! It's admirable, ill advised, but nice of them to give people a chance to change their mind - people who may have panicked and jumped off the bad wagon after 2 years of waiting, just before their patience was to be rewarded!

Controversial as it is, we need to keep in mind that most useres were still waiting patiently until PixelFX announced the N64Digital and MANY on the list got cold feet. Giving people the chance accept the kit(s) they're entitled to, according to their position in line will limit the exodus (which has the potential to outnumber the amount of kits already paid for and can't be refunded). If people still want to cancel, the kit(s) on hand will stretch further down the list, but if too many people cancel, they won't be able to pay them back (especially eating paypal fees as they have been)! So I understand their reluctance to make a decision that limits their funds before they're sure how many people are still in.

Normally that wouldn't be a problem, it's not like they can't flip the kits on e-bay for literally 3x what they paid. I'm sure they would were it not for their "excuses." When you're flipping your childhood game collection for pennies on the dollar, personal finances won't cover the mass panic of buyers remorse after the N64Digital's announcement. This is analogous to ordering food at a restaurant with your friends and leaving to go to the brand new resturaunt that opend up across the street, before the food you ordered comes. No you didn't eat the food, but it got cooked and someone has to pay for it! If the restaurant won't take the loss (Marshall), then you're sticking your friends with the bill (the brothers)! And they just got wiped out by a Tornado! What a shitty friend you must be!

The bottom line is this:
Once they get to the point where they run out of kits, then they will be forced to recon with the remaining users who's money is still in escrow. I think at this point it would be irresponsible of them to use it to purchase more kits if Marshall offers them the opportunity to. I agree they need to process all the remaining refund requests and revise the original post with clear language. This way there's no ambiguity about what the escrow account balance is for (more kits when they become available). Something like this...

1) Unless you ask for a refund your money will be placed in an escrow account. You can be refunded only if you have not yet been allocated a kit from a purchased lot.
2) Once Marshall has been paid for kits, and you are scheduled to be in that lot, your money is non-refundable. If 1000 kits were ordered from Marshall, 1000 kits will be allocated to users on the list acording to the number they ordered and how long they have been waiting. Once locked in, if Marshall only delivers 200 kits, you'll have to wait until he sends the remaining 800 if you're further down the the list than 200 stretches. Be it 2 years form now or never.

Maybe that will help people realize what this is, and more importantly what it isn't!
Marshall literally didn't get off his ass from his indefinite HW2 revision firmware update until the PixelFX was announced and lit a fire under it realizing that many would jump ship rather then waiting for him to pull his thumb out of it. That also doesn't change the fact that round seven was grossly over sold compared to all the previous ones. The rest of your circus act of mental gymnastics to justify whatever screw is loose in your head is of no concern to me. The second batch of kits they apparently received months ago is not accounted for and many are wondering what's going on yet the question has been deflected continuously for months and there's zero communication until they arbitrarily decide to contact each buyer one at a time? It makes no sense and holding participants money as ransom that want it back for a non-received product is bullshit. I don't care how many times you attempt to convince me otherwise, someone is going to be left holding the bag and it shouldn’t be the buyer that had no effect on any of the delays.
RIP-Felix

Post by RIP-Felix »

Lethal wrote:Marshall literally didn't get off his ass from his indefinite HW2 revision firmware update until the PixelFX was announced and lit a fire under it realizing that many would jump ship rather then waiting for him to pull his thumb out of it. That also doesn't change the fact that this seventh tier was grossly over sold compared to all the previous ones.
That is why I wasn't comfortable putting my money in this round. I nearly pulled the trigger multiple times, but I carefully read the offer and was reluctant only because the amount of time it took for Marshall to deliver had been steadlily increased with each batch getting larger. This indicated to me Marshall may not be willing to scale up production on his end. I suspect he doesn't feel comfortable outsourcing the programming/testing, which he'd prefer to have more control over (probably for security). However, that was always going to backfire on him at some point. Doing a few hundred kits at a time may be possible for one person, but it would never scale up to meet the type of demand that we saw in the 7th round. He would have to relinquish some control and trust in others to scale up. I'm still not sure he's up to the task. This is why I've stated in the past he should partner with someone with more experience. Instead we'll see what we have. Kits trickle in a few hundred at at a time many months apart. A HW redesign mid-round was a very bad idea, but if he'd just partner to get HW1 revision kits manufactured and distributed through a partner channel, then he'd be free to make HW revisions and lollygag all he wants, while people get their kits. Refusing help and doing it all himself is the bottleneck.

Is it paranoia? Is it greed? Is it Asperger's? IDK! I'd prefer not to make accusations or label him. Whatever it is, I recognized it during the 6th round and my Spidey sense informed me to hold off on the 7th round because of it. The point is, the warning signs were there from the beginning.
Lethal wrote:The rest of your circus act of mental gymnastics to justify whatever screw is loose in your head is of no concern to me. The second batch of kits they apparently received months ago is not accounted for and many are wondering what's going on...
I'm aware of an initial 230 kits they recieved in Jan/Feb, which they were working on allocating to users on the list before the tornado struck. Just after the tornado they recieved an additional 300, which they unboxed on video, counted in a second video, and updated us on page 28? In that update they also said PixelFX was gracious enough to allow them to purchase 50 N64Digital's from the initial pre-order. So I'm confused by what you mean when you say they're unaccounted for? I imagine they are being allocated and sorted for installation/shipping. That's what it looks like in the latest "proof of life photo" anyway...
Lethal wrote:...holding participants money as ransom that want it back for a non-received product is bullshit. I don't care how many times you attempt to convince me otherwise, someone is going to be left holding the bag and it shouldn’t be the buyer that had no effect on any of the delays.
I'm not trying to convince you.

I agree with the above statement's actually. I just don't believe the buyers will be the one's left holding the bag once this is all said and done. I think it's more likely the Turners have and will continue to bear the brunt of that axe.

And yes, ransom = escrow, excuse = tornado, mental gymnastics = taking the opposing argument. You used dysphanisms, so I used euphemisms to counterpoint you. It's was hyperbolic to highlight 2 extreme positions on this subject. In reality the truth usually lies between. I'm just asking people to be reasonable, while using some of your posts as an example of being unreasonable. Specifically baseless accusations, name calling, and the use of dysphnisms. Why? To incite other users anger? I just don't see the point. Why do you want to rile the crowd up? What good could possibly come of it?
Lethal wrote:
darkghost wrote:You are pissed. Never said they were having chip shortage problems, but like that, the natural disasters are throwing a wrench in the system.

I’m not “pissed” at all. Only disappointed in how this ordeal has gone down hill significantly shortly after the start of the new year. Well before the tornado they stopped outright answering emails after claiming they were receiving a second batch of kits which in no way, shape or form has been accounted for to date.

As has been my problem since I created an account and repeated probably a dozen times:

- Why are they hiding?

The piss poor nature in how the situation has been handled regardless of who’s to blame is the cause of the current status of whatever you want to call this mess and the “manager” seems to have taken an exodus.
You say it's not because of anger. Instead it's "disappointment."

That's fair! Be honest though, there's venom in your posts smacking of anger. There's no shame in admitting you're pissed. If I had put money down I'd be disappointing, even a bit angry too! You're dam right I would be. I'm sure many people would agree with that sentiment. That's why you should be careful about using inciting terminology.

I think it's too soon to point the finger at the brothers, who have been pretty transparent during all this IMO. They have made mistakes and controversial decisions. It's easy to play armchair judge, but unless you were in their shoes, you can't know how you would react. And 'you can't please all the people all of the time. Most of the blame falls on Marshall. That's where the bottleneck and lack of communication is coming from.

Being disappointing and angry is one thing. Placing blame and seeking reparations is another entirely. Anxiety and stress hack our brain to turn off reason and allow emotion full control! Mistakes are bound to be made. If you're not careful you and your mob will burn the wrong person with the vigilante justice you incite here. That type of speech in not protected. Why? Because that's not for you to decide! That's what courts are for! And if you are that angry, take advantage of them. What you don't get to do is incite an angry mob that takes justice into their own hands.

That's why I'm confused by your tone here. I can't understand what you hope to accomplish by using such divisive language! If you're just venting, fine. Just give us a warning, so we know to take it with a grain of salt. You know, the good ol'e "Rant Warning" followed by a spoiler full of frustration. I can totally understand the cathartic need for that, so long as it's clear that's all it is.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

RIP-Felix wrote:
Lethal wrote:Marshall literally didn't get off his ass from his indefinite HW2 revision firmware update until the PixelFX was announced and lit a fire under it realizing that many would jump ship rather then waiting for him to pull his thumb out of it. That also doesn't change the fact that this seventh tier was grossly over sold compared to all the previous ones.
That is why I wasn't comfortable putting my money in this round. I nearly pulled the trigger multiple times, but I carefully read the offer and was reluctant only because the amount of time it took for Marshall to deliver had been steadlily increased with each batch getting larger. This indicated to me Marshall may not be willing to scale up production on his end. I suspect he doesn't feel comfortable outsourcing the programming/testing, which he'd prefer to have more control over (probably for security). However, that was always going to backfire on him at some point. Doing a few hundred kits at a time may be possible for one person, but it would never scale up to meet the type of demand that we saw in the 7th round. He would have to relinquish some control and trust in others to scale up. I'm still not sure he's up to the task. This is why I've stated in the past he should partner with someone with more experience. Instead we'll see what we have. Kits trickle in a few hundred at at a time many months apart. A HW redesign mid-round was a very bad idea, but if he'd just partner to get HW1 revision kits manufactured and distributed through a partner channel, then he'd be free to make HW revisions and lollygag all he wants, while people get their kits. Refusing help and doing it all himself is the bottleneck.

Is it paranoia? Is it greed? Is it Asperger's? IDK! I'd prefer not to make accusations or label him. Whatever it is, I recognized it during the 6th round and my Spidey sense informed me to hold off on the 7th round because of it. The point is, the warning signs were there from the beginning.
Lethal wrote:The rest of your circus act of mental gymnastics to justify whatever screw is loose in your head is of no concern to me. The second batch of kits they apparently received months ago is not accounted for and many are wondering what's going on...
I'm aware of an initial 230 kits they recieved in Jan/Feb, which they were working on allocating to users on the list before the tornado struck. Just after the tornado they recieved an additional 300, which they unboxed on video, counted in a second video, and updated us on page 28? In that update they also said PixelFX was gracious enough to allow them to purchase 50 N64Digital's from the initial pre-order. So I'm confused by what you mean when you say they're unaccounted for? I imagine they are being allocated and sorted for installation/shipping. That's what it looks like in the latest "proof of life photo" anyway...
Lethal wrote:...holding participants money as ransom that want it back for a non-received product is bullshit. I don't care how many times you attempt to convince me otherwise, someone is going to be left holding the bag and it shouldn’t be the buyer that had no effect on any of the delays.
I'm not trying to convince you.

I agree with the above statement's actually. I just don't believe the buyers will be the one's left holding the bag once this is all said and done. I think it's more likely the Turners have and will continue to bear the brunt of that axe.

And yes, ransom = escrow, excuse = tornado, mental gymnastics = taking the opposing argument. You used dysphanisms, so I used euphemisms to counterpoint you. It's was hyperbolic to highlight 2 extreme positions on this subject. In reality the truth usually lies between. I'm just asking people to be reasonable, while using some of your posts as an example of being unreasonable. Specifically baseless accusations, name calling, and the use of dysphnisms. Why? To incite other users anger? I just don't see the point. Why do you want to rile the crowd up? What good could possibly come of it?
Lethal wrote:

As has been my problem since I created an account and repeated probably a dozen times:

- Why are they hiding?

You say it's not because of anger. Instead it's "disappointment."

That's fair! Be honest though, there's venom in your posts smacking of anger. There's no shame in admitting you're pissed. If I had put money down I'd be disappointing, even a bit angry too! You're dam right I would be. I'm sure many people would agree with that sentiment. That's why you should be careful about using inciting terminology.

I think it's too soon to point the finger at the brothers, who have been pretty transparent during all this IMO. They have made mistakes and controversial decisions. It's easy to play armchair judge, but unless you were in their shoes, you can't know how you would react. And 'you can't please all the people all of the time. Most of the blame falls on Marshall. That's where the bottleneck and lack of communication is coming from.

Being disappointing and angry is one thing. Placing blame and seeking reparations is another entirely. Anxiety and stress hack our brain to turn off reason and allow emotion full control! Mistakes are bound to be made. If you're not careful you and your mob will burn the wrong person with the vigilante justice you incite here. That type of speech in not protected. Why? Because that's not for you to decide! That's what courts are for! And if you are that angry, take advantage of them. What you don't get to do is incite an angry mob that takes justice into their own hands.

That's why I'm confused by your tone here. I can't understand what you hope to accomplish by using such divisive language! If you're just venting, fine. Just give us a warning, so we know to take it with a grain of salt. You know, the good ol'e "Rant Warning" followed by a spoiler full of frustration. I can totally understand the cathartic need for that, so long as it's clear that's all it is.
Accounted for to me is not an unboxing video. It’s units being assigned on the spreadsheet and actually shipped to customers. From what I can tell none of that has occurred. The google doc still only shows serial numbers from the first batch and some of them have moved further down the list as buyers either cancelled their order or switched to the PixelFX.

“Once this is all said and done”? More like easier said then done at the pace this round is being fulfilled. It’s been over 2 years and so far less than 200 kits have apparently shipped. If you scale that by the length of over 800 participants, (many of which I’m willing to bet ordered more than one) it’s going to take over a decade. Now tell me what your definition of “reasonable” is exactly? I’d say the timeframe that’s already taken place is more than reasonable.

What baseless accusations? Tell me what claims I’ve made that aren’t factored in reality? And let’s “be honest though”, when communication and transparency end that’s when people start forming their own conclusions. So again, if you want to white knight for the brothers you might want to take a look at this from the beginning and understand what’s caused the reaction. Only focusing on the outcome is flawed bandaid logic. I also find it hilarious that you claim I’m being “hyperbolic” yet attempt to twist my statements of outlining the failures that have occurred as “inciting anger”. How dare I question the overlords, right? The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

As for telling me how I feel about the situation through a screen, I’d love to see your psychology credentials. You have no basis for comparison as to if posts on this forum are representative of how I always communicate. Try harder Dr. Phil. There’s nothing more to my posts than stating facts and pointing out contradictions. All the rest of the trash you’ve typed are conspiracy theories hinged in the fantasy of your mind. Don’t create a scenario that doesn’t exist like the left wing media do. I'll watch CNN if I want such garbage.
NeverCameBack

Post by NeverCameBack »

100% with you lethal, and I believe a large silent majority are. This has reached blatant scam territory. I’ve considered the money lost. The two virtue signalers (felix and idev-whatever), they’re the epitomy of that meme of the neck beard with wide open mouth. Prob enormous hypocrits and loud/cry-bullying about other “social issues” elsewhere on the internet. Anyone with an ounce of sense can write those shills off at the point. I wanted to believe the brothers were on the up and up, but their last post said nothing relevant. How extremely difficult would it be for them to verify how many kits are on hand? How hard would it be to give an estimated ship date? Why are they even dead set on pre-testing the kits at this point? That requirememt should be thrown out. If the situation is that bad, there is higher risk for the kits to be stolen or destroyed. Just send them out as is. They’d have a lot less people complaining and potentially visiting them in the future for an in person refund + travel expenses. But I’m almost sure something more sinister is going on. I’m 100% certain were not being told the full story. More like being baited along.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

NeverCameBack wrote:100% with you lethal, and I believe a large silent majority are. This has reached blatant scam territory. I’ve considered the money lost. The two virtue signalers (felix and idev-whatever), they’re the epitomy of that meme of the neck beard with wide open mouth. Prob enormous hypocrits and loud/cry-bullying about other “social issues” elsewhere on the internet. Anyone with an ounce of sense can write those shills off at the point. I wanted to believe the brothers were on the up and up, but their last post said nothing relevant. How extremely difficult would it be for them to verify how many kits are on hand? How hard would it be to give an estimated ship date? Why are they even dead set on pre-testing the kits at this point? That requirememt should be thrown out. If the situation is that bad, there is higher risk for the kits to be stolen or destroyed. Just send them out as is. They’d have a lot less people complaining and potentially visiting them in the future for an in person refund + travel expenses. But I’m almost sure something more sinister is going on. I’m 100% certain were not being told the full story. More like being baited along.
Yup. I've communicated personally with other buyers that are equally as disappointed or have outright given up that they will ever receive what they paid for as well. Sadly most are not as outspoken as I am and due to the attacks from the likes of keyboard warriors such as ideveraux blindly defending what's taken place regardless of the facts presented and the narrative that simply stating your experience is deemed to be rocking the boat or "inciting anger" haven't bothered voicing their opinions. It's fine though I don't mind falling on the sword and it's not my reputation on the line here. This has spiraled out if control for far too long and the continued silence regarding the real questions that have gone unanswered speaks volumes.
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

Kind of funny that when the N64 Digital was announced, Voultar pretty much called the UltraHDMI waiting list a scam... And as soon as he Tweeted it out, the brothers showed up in here and were like "LOOK! WE HAVE KITS! THIS ISN'T A SCAM!" LOL! And here we still are.
hushed

Post by hushed »

TooBeaucoup wrote:Kind of funny that when the N64 Digital was announced, Voultar pretty much called the UltraHDMI waiting list a scam... And as soon as he Tweeted it out, the brothers showed up in here and were like "LOOK! WE HAVE KITS! THIS ISN'T A SCAM!" LOL! And here we still are.
You are mischaracterizing what Voultar said. He called out the UltraHDMI and gave props to the people putting out the N64Digital.

Then he goes on state he isn't holding the bros responsible for Marshall's problems.

edit: Twitter thread URL: https://twitter.com/Voultar/status/1358549857313714177.
hushed

Post by hushed »

Lethal wrote:
NeverCameBack wrote:100% with you lethal, and I believe a large silent majority are. This has reached blatant scam territory. I’ve considered the money lost. The two virtue signalers (felix and idev-whatever), they’re the epitomy of that meme of the neck beard with wide open mouth. Prob enormous hypocrits and loud/cry-bullying about other “social issues” elsewhere on the internet. Anyone with an ounce of sense can write those shills off at the point. I wanted to believe the brothers were on the up and up, but their last post said nothing relevant. How extremely difficult would it be for them to verify how many kits are on hand? How hard would it be to give an estimated ship date? Why are they even dead set on pre-testing the kits at this point? That requirememt should be thrown out. If the situation is that bad, there is higher risk for the kits to be stolen or destroyed. Just send them out as is. They’d have a lot less people complaining and potentially visiting them in the future for an in person refund + travel expenses. But I’m almost sure something more sinister is going on. I’m 100% certain were not being told the full story. More like being baited along.
Yup. I've communicated personally with other buyers that are equally as disappointed or have outright given up that they will ever receive what they paid for as well. Sadly most are not as outspoken as I am and due to the attacks from the likes of keyboard warriors such as ideveraux blindly defending what's taken place regardless of the facts presented and the narrative that simply stating your experience is deemed to be rocking the boat or "inciting anger" haven't bothered voicing their opinions. It's fine though I don't mind falling on the sword and it's not my reputation on the line here. This has spiraled out if control for far too long and the continued silence regarding the real questions that have gone unanswered speaks volumes.
You are famous sir: https://youtu.be/u0LLeG37e1Y?t=1481. Thanks for making this a ridiculous dumpster fire of a thread.
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

^^^ LOL! This whole thing is made even funnier by Voultar's newest vid. And Lethal didn't make this thread a dumpster fire. The dumpster fire was started by total lack of communication.
hushed wrote:You are mischaracterizing what Voultar said. He called out the UltraHDMI and gave props to the people putting out the N64Digital.
Not really. He said to drop out and called it a pipe dream... May as well have said scam. Furthermore, he only made his followup comment to seem less like a dlck. And still, he wasn't wrong. Still zero meaningful communication other than random pics of some HDMI boards, but constant refusal to actually read the last few pages of the thread and address legit concerns that users have had. Or outright ignoring people's emails. I don't fault them for not automatically handing out refunds, but to not even reply to emails. wtf...
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

hushed wrote:
TooBeaucoup wrote:Kind of funny that when the N64 Digital was announced, Voultar pretty much called the UltraHDMI waiting list a scam... And as soon as he Tweeted it out, the brothers showed up in here and were like "LOOK! WE HAVE KITS! THIS ISN'T A SCAM!" LOL! And here we still are.
You are mischaracterizing what Voultar said. He called out the UltraHDMI and gave props to the people putting out the N64Digital.

Then he goes on state he isn't holding the bros responsible for Marshall's problems.

edit: Twitter thread URL: https://twitter.com/Voultar/status/1358549857313714177.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or you're only seeing what you want to and ignoring the majority of what was said to push your own narrative...

Clearly nothing has changed.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

hushed wrote:
Lethal wrote:
You are famous sir: https://youtu.be/u0LLeG37e1Y?t=1481. Thanks for making this a ridiculous dumpster fire of a thread.
Your shortsightedness of only focusing on the result and not the problem that created it aside, GOOD. I've always had respect for voultar because he's not a puppet that's afraid to be honest and state facts even if some will find it controversial or offensive.

Hope to see you taking some accountability for the "dumpster fire of a disaster thread" that you contributed to.
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

I want to share my experience with this whole matter. I am a third party observer in this. I am in no way affiliated with Ichinisan, CZroe, or anyone on this thread. I bought into the group just like everyone else.

Preface: (this is just backstory. Skip ahead if you just want to get to my main point)

For the last few years, there hasn't been many options to get the best quality out of the Nintendo 64. There were a few RGB mods, but you would need an RGB capable device that supports it. For most of us, all we had was a flat panel TV. CRTs were bulky, hard to carry, and didn't have as much resolution and clarity that the flat panels brought so we dumped them. Then comes Marshall with his N64 Ultra HDMI. This device solved the problem with flat panels. Everyone talked about it. Videos were made of the image quality from Metal Jesus Rocks, MLiG, Spawn Wave, and more. The only problem was the production was so low no one could get one.

Everyone here knows this because that is exactly why we are here. There was one option for the best quality and there was no way to get it. In comes the two brothers: Ichinisan and CZroe. They saw the problem with the supply and demand and they needed a way to get this product into players hands. They grew up as video game players as much as anyone in this room and new the want to get the best out of the system. So they arranged a deal with Marshall. A group-buy was a pretty smart move at the time. When handled in small batches, it worked. So 2019 hits and we start Group Buy #7. The list grows to 815 people and years pass. There is no solid communication from Marshall. However, Ichinisan and CZroe were communicating the best they could with the information they were given. I don't know what went wrong this round that made the orders accelerate to 815 requests. This is the start of the issues. I don't want to speculate the reasons, but one thing is clear: bigger batch, more money, more reason to produce more.

August 7, 2020, I was doing streams on the side for some friends of mine. One night, I tried streaming Resident Evil 2 for Nintendo 64. However, the resolution switching on my Framemeister was terrible. It made it unplayable. I started looking into ways to get rid of it. I ended up finding out about Ultra HDMI. I look online, but systems with it installed are selling for $800! That was way too rich for my blood. So as I was searching for alternatives, I found out about this group buy. Someone had linked to it. It looked pretty interesting and decently active. It was a huge risk as I didn't know Ichnisan or CZroe, I didn't know if it was legitimate, I didn't know anything but what others told me. And I heard success stories from group buy 1-6 and saw people were getting their units and good reviews about Ich and CZroe. Around that time HW revision 2 was in development (which is another big issue) and I saw Ich post about pricing. I took a deep breath and I sent an email to him asking to join the group buy. Communication turnaround was almost instant. He instantly sent me an email back and confirmed all of my options and answered all of my emails quickly. I found out they were local to me, about an hour and a half drive away. They said they would waive shipping fees if I brought it in. So not only do I get cheaper pricing, but I get to watch how the installation is done. I sent my last email on August 12th 2020. At that point, I knew that the Ultra was in high demand, I knew the hw2 was in development and I knew it was going to be a long time before I get my unit. Time crept along, but I continued to monitor the Shmups forums. It wasn't very consistent, but information continued to come in from CZroe and Ichinisan. As long as I continued to see progress, I didn't worry about my investment.

Fast forward to March 26, 2021. I have a job in the city that the brothers live in. The tornado came through. We had to evacuate the manufacturing plant and get people to safety. First time I've actually used the fire panel system for a natural disaster. Luckily, the tornado missed my jobsite. However, the brothers weren't so lucky. Roads were blocked from down trees and powerlines and everything was a mess. Worst part of all, the brothers house was hit. End of March, I check the forums and see the damage that happened to Ich and Czroe. I emailed them and asked them if they needed any help. We stayed in touch and finally met in person when Ich asked if I wanted to come pick from their collectables they needed to get rid of.

I saw a lot of people on the forums doubting the damage, but I guarantee you it was bad. They had tons of collectables in various storages, their house was flooded three times probably destroying thousands of dollars worth of them, they were moved out of their house and are being kicked out of the house they were renting and the list of bad luck kept happening. Luckily, they were able to secure a very small workshop where they can work, but it didn't even have lights! I offered to have my nephew and I install some lights in there and that got things at least brighter in there, but we need to find time to go back and install more. I'm hoping I can get a friend that lives nearby to allow them to store their things until they find a new home, but even that is looking dismal.

I am finding every way to help that I can, but I can assure you they are working around the clock to get these N64s modded and returned. I receive texts from Ichinisan at 5am some nights where they stayed up all night working at the workshop. And they do this while having jobs, lives outside of work, and one car between the two of them.

Main point (start here if you skipped):

Does that make this right? No. Voultar is right. This turned from a simple group buy into a "dumpsterfire of a thread". A lot of you are disappointed or angry with a very good reason to be. You've been on that list since early 2019. I agree with you that it's been far too long and maybe the communication has been a little slow. But the brothers have been transparent as they can and are working as best they can to balance orders, refunds, and emails from 815 people in a tiny shack workshop while dealing with all the other disasters on their plate. I have seen this first hand and can confirm every bit of it. Once they get into a semi-stable housing and workspace, things will speed up drastically. I can guarantee they are are working through this. They are not trying to scam anyone and are doing what they can to turn this around.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

alucard971 wrote:I want to share my experience with this whole matter. I am a third party observer in this. I am in no way affiliated with Ichinisan, CZroe, or anyone on this thread. I bought into the group just like everyone else.

Preface: (this is just backstory. Skip ahead if you just want to get to my main point)

For the last few years, there hasn't been many options to get the best quality out of the Nintendo 64. There were a few RGB mods, but you would need an RGB capable device that supports it. For most of us, all we had was a flat panel TV. CRTs were bulky, hard to carry, and didn't have as much resolution and clarity that the flat panels brought so we dumped them. Then comes Marshall with his N64 Ultra HDMI. This device solved the problem with flat panels. Everyone talked about it. Videos were made of the image quality from Metal Jesus Rocks, MLiG, Spawn Wave, and more. The only problem was the production was so low no one could get one.

Everyone here knows this because that is exactly why we are here. There was one option for the best quality and there was no way to get it. In comes the two brothers: Ichinisan and CZroe. They saw the problem with the supply and demand and they needed a way to get this product into players hands. They grew up as video game players as much as anyone in this room and new the want to get the best out of the system. So they arranged a deal with Marshall. A group-buy was a pretty smart move at the time. When handled in small batches, it worked. So 2019 hits and we start Group Buy #7. The list grows to 815 people and years pass. There is no solid communication from Marshall. However, Ichinisan and CZroe were communicating the best they could with the information they were given. I don't know what went wrong this round that made the orders accelerate to 815 requests. This is the start of the issues. I don't want to speculate the reasons, but one thing is clear: bigger batch, more money, more reason to produce more.

August 7, 2020, I was doing streams on the side for some friends of mine. One night, I tried streaming Resident Evil 2 for Nintendo 64. However, the resolution switching on my Framemeister was terrible. It made it unplayable. I started looking into ways to get rid of it. I ended up finding out about Ultra HDMI. I look online, but systems with it installed are selling for $800! That was way too rich for my blood. So as I was searching for alternatives, I found out about this group buy. Someone had linked to it. It looked pretty interesting and decently active. It was a huge risk as I didn't know Ichnisan or CZroe, I didn't know if it was legitimate, I didn't know anything but what others told me. And I heard success stories from group buy 1-6 and saw people were getting their units and good reviews about Ich and CZroe. Around that time HW revision 2 was in development (which is another big issue) and I saw Ich post about pricing. I took a deep breath and I sent an email to him asking to join the group buy. Communication turnaround was almost instant. He instantly sent me an email back and confirmed all of my options and answered all of my emails quickly. I found out they were local to me, about an hour and a half drive away. They said they would waive shipping fees if I brought it in. So not only do I get cheaper pricing, but I get to watch how the installation is done. I sent my last email on August 12th 2020. At that point, I knew that the Ultra was in high demand, I knew the hw2 was in development and I knew it was going to be a long time before I get my unit. Time crept along, but I continued to monitor the Shmups forums. It wasn't very consistent, but information continued to come in from CZroe and Ichinisan. As long as I continued to see progress, I didn't worry about my investment.

Fast forward to March 26, 2021. I have a job in the city that the brothers live in. The tornado came through. We had to evacuate the manufacturing plant and get people to safety. First time I've actually used the fire panel system for a natural disaster. Luckily, the tornado missed my jobsite. However, the brothers weren't so lucky. Roads were blocked from down trees and powerlines and everything was a mess. Worst part of all, the brothers house was hit. End of March, I check the forums and see the damage that happened to Ich and Czroe. I emailed them and asked them if they needed any help. We stayed in touch and finally met in person when Ich asked if I wanted to come pick from their collectables they needed to get rid of.

I saw a lot of people on the forums doubting the damage, but I guarantee you it was bad. They had tons of collectables in various storages, their house was flooded three times probably destroying thousands of dollars worth of them, they were moved out of their house and are being kicked out of the house they were renting and the list of bad luck kept happening. Luckily, they were able to secure a very small workshop where they can work, but it didn't even have lights! I offered to have my nephew and I install some lights in there and that got things at least brighter in there, but we need to find time to go back and install more. I'm hoping I can get a friend that lives nearby to allow them to store their things until they find a new home, but even that is looking dismal.

I am finding every way to help that I can, but I can assure you they are working around the clock to get these N64s modded and returned. I receive texts from Ichinisan at 5am some nights where they stayed up all night working at the workshop. And they do this while having jobs, lives outside of work, and one car between the two of them.

Main point (start here if you skipped):

Does that make this right? No. Voultar is right. This turned from a simple group buy into a "dumpsterfire of a thread". A lot of you are disappointed or angry with a very good reason to be. You've been on that list since early 2019. I agree with you that it's been far too long and maybe the communication has been a little slow. But the brothers have been transparent as they can and are working as best they can to balance orders, refunds, and emails from 815 people in a tiny shack workshop while dealing with all the other disasters on their plate. I have seen this first hand and can confirm every bit of it. Once they get into a semi-stable housing and workspace, things will speed up drastically. I can guarantee they are are working through this. They are not trying to scam anyone and are doing what they can to turn this around.

As has already been covered multiple times, no one is doubting a legitimate partial delay because of the tornado. The multiple problems and state of the “group buy” transpired because of the following:

- Marshall sat on his ass indefinitely “developing firmware” for the HW2 revision until the PixelFX was announced then coincidentally after essentially zero communication from him the first batch of kits arrive
- The PixelFX even accounting for the tornado hasn’t suffered even a fraction of the delays
- Replies to emails stopped well before the tornado took place
- The second and third batches of kits are essentially vaporware at this point and nowhere to be seen outside of pictures that could be from any period in time despite claims that they arrived months ago
- The seventh round has been grossly over sold and under delivered
- The google doc hasn’t seen any meaningful updates since February
- Participants requesting refunds are being outright ignored
- They claim to have no time to answer emails or ship kits yet mention spending hours making cables that would be shipped with kits as an additional purchase that they apparently have on hand but can’t send
- The tornado occurred 3 months ago. It’s becoming less of a valid reason for delays with each passing day. From the experience of others that I’ve talked to in similar situations insurance companies pay out within a few weeks with irrefutable evidence that the damage sustained was due to a natural disaster
- Every “update” is a word salad that has nothing meaningful to say regarding any of the above factors
- There’s a handful of white knights constantly bombarding the thread and attacking anyone with legitimate concerns or complaints about how things have been handled the last several months

So… Cool story bro. Tell us something we don’t already know.