UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Wirewizard

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by Wirewizard »

Hi Guys,

being in the UK, I cannot order from pixel FX directly today, so if the option to swap to a N64Digital is available please can I pay the extra and get it through you guys? I was hoping to try for one today, but can't due to problems shipping to the UK that Pixel FX haven't quite resolved yet :(

Obviously no stress or hurry... it is a video game system after all :lol:
bahamutfan64

Post by bahamutfan64 »

Wirewizard wrote:Hi Guys,

being in the UK, I cannot order from pixel FX directly today, so if the option to swap to a N64Digital is available please can I pay the extra and get it through you guys? I was hoping to try for one today, but can't due to problems shipping to the UK that Pixel FX haven't quite resolved yet :(

8BitMods will be selling them tomorrow in the UK: https://8bitmods.com/n64digital-hdmi-ki ... intendo64/
nbd

Post by nbd »

I know that you guys are super busy and trying to recover from that awful disaster, but given that I've managed to secure an N64Digital on my own today it changes the calculation for continued waiting a bit.

Presumably a few others way down the waiting list along with me have also managed to get one, or will in the next round that goes on sale in June, so maybe they too would now be looking for a refund/install-only option.

Any idea what the plans are for that? Or maybe a group email to update? I'm in the mid 400s on the waiting list and have gotten quite a bit more confident in my soldering skills. Might just try to install the N64Digital myself should it be a really long wait for install service.
MarkyG83

Post by MarkyG83 »

Good luck with 8bitmods tomorrow for any U.K. people wanting an N64Digita.

They have an extremely small amount to sell I’ve heard so it’ll be a rush to get one and no doubt sell out in seconds

Today’s lot with PixelFx was a joke to say the least with server bandwidth issues. Had one in my basket after 25mins and we’re already sold out by then :(
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

nbd wrote:I know that you guys are super busy and trying to recover from that awful disaster, but given that I've managed to secure an N64Digital on my own today it changes the calculation for continued waiting a bit.

Presumably a few others way down the waiting list along with me have also managed to get one, or will in the next round that goes on sale in June, so maybe they too would now be looking for a refund/install-only option.

Any idea what the plans are for that? Or maybe a group email to update? I'm in the mid 400s on the waiting list and have gotten quite a bit more confident in my soldering skills. Might just try to install the N64Digital myself should it be a really long wait for install service.
I am in the same situation as you. I was able to get one this morning. I have emailed them for a refund. Maybe I will go with a install only option, as I am not sure yet. I think I might be able to do it myself. I haven't decided yet.

I am also mid 400s on the list.
MarkyG83

Post by MarkyG83 »

Wirewizard wrote:Hi Guys,

You can use a mail forwarder, I checked with them and they’re fine with it, obviously any duty is covered by the buyer but they’re happy to send to. A mail forwarding service
tomnook123

Post by tomnook123 »

nbd wrote:I know that you guys are super busy and trying to recover from that awful disaster, but given that I've managed to secure an N64Digital on my own today it changes the calculation for continued waiting a bit.

I'd also like to see an install only option for the N64Digital.
bahamutfan64

Post by bahamutfan64 »

Just out of curiosity, how many of the 850 people have now been processed? I know the list is updated only through #109, but I wasn't sure if that's current or not.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

Anyone talking about getting install-only N64 Digital here.... you would be way better served finding a service on ebay rather than further burdening the brothers here. I know they'll tell you otherwise, they seem keen to take on even more work... but clearly that's in nobody's best interests right now.
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

10mile wrote:Anyone talking about getting install-only N64 Digital here.... you would be way better served finding a service on ebay rather than further burdening the brothers here. I know they'll tell you otherwise, they seem keen to take on even more work... but clearly that's in nobody's best interests right now.
Although, I might tell people to avoid ebay, since you never know what you're going to get. There's more than enough reputable installers with quality work and decent turn around time. All who can be found on Twitter or by Googling their names.

Voultar (USA)
iFixRetro (USA)
Dragon's Hoard Gaming (USA)
Pink Skeleton Gaming (USA) (Sells through Ebay as well)
Leon Kiriliuk (Canada)
Consoles Unleashed (UK)
MarkyG83

Post by MarkyG83 »

8bitmods in the U.K. was a bust this morning.

Sold out in less than 10seconds but I’m sure they only had single digits of stock available to order anyway.

As much as I’d like a UltraHDMI hw2, I’d prefer the n64digital for comparison reasons alone. Just a shame we can’t get one but I do fully understand the shortages that we are currently going through of components, also wish I was capable of designing my own as I at least would make enough to go around (potentially lol)
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

Times are tough right now. I been trying to get a GPU for 8 months.
SonicAdvDX

Post by SonicAdvDX »

CZroe wrote:That’s Ichinisan talking to someone scammy since I was too sick to share a phone or get close.

We found the door was very difficult to open and my brother insisted that someone tried to kick it in.
Jesus man, even with cameras up, this area just sounds like a robbery waiting to happen... Maybe for crime deterrence sake, you guys could leave the lights on and a loud radio blasting whenever you guys aren't in the building???

Surprised to be saying this, but I hope you guys are 2nd Amendment-type people, lol... Seriously, be safe and take care of yourselves. Worried about you guys.
MarkyG83

Post by MarkyG83 »

Lopenator wrote:Times are tough right now. I been trying to get a GPU for 8 months.
The exact reason I haven’t bothered upgrading my gpu whatsoever is the shortage. I’ll pay a little above retail but I’m not lining a scalpers pocket because they can charge what they want due to the demand
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

MarkyG83 wrote:
Lopenator wrote:Times are tough right now. I been trying to get a GPU for 8 months.
The exact reason I haven’t bothered upgrading my gpu whatsoever is the shortage. I’ll pay a little above retail but I’m not lining a scalpers pocket because they can charge what they want due to the demand
I refuse to pay scalper prices. I'm in discords and get alerts. I'll keep trying best buy drops. No problem.
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

I'll put my hand up for any Aussies that need an install only.
Or anyone willing to pay the post to Australia :)
Glassboy

Post by Glassboy »

I am 138 on the list and have not sent my system yet because I originally asked for a refund via email. At this point I’m happy to take one of the n64 digitals if they have not already been spoken for. Or I’d be fine with ultra hdmi. I didn’t send my system because I wasn’t sure what the situation was and I don’t know if I should send it now given how you say deliveries are not reliable. What’s the best course of action? I appreciate the work you dudes are putting in and I’m terribly sorry to hear/see all the shit you have had to endure. Thanks!
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

MarkyG83 wrote:
It's not necessarily a shortage, supply of latest gen GPUs has rarely been higher. It's the demand that's driving scalping prices, and manufacturers somehow convincing people they need to upgrade right now. I've had my RX580 for years and it's still going strong.
Deeb0

Post by Deeb0 »

Syntax wrote:I'll put my hand up for any Aussies that need an install only.
Or anyone willing to pay the post to Australia :)
What city you in Syntax?
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

Sydney.
Aus wide post is around 15-20 for me.
I'll have a site up one day its just I've always got work so I haven't bothered. That and I take potato pictures..

Pm if you need any details
boula

Post by boula »

Glassboy wrote:I am 138 on the list and have not sent my system yet because I originally asked for a refund via email. At this point I’m happy to take one of the n64 digitals if they have not already been spoken for. Or I’d be fine with ultra hdmi. I didn’t send my system because I wasn’t sure what the situation was and I don’t know if I should send it now given how you say deliveries are not reliable. What’s the best course of action? I appreciate the work you dudes are putting in and I’m terribly sorry to hear/see all the shit you have had to endure. Thanks!
Hey Glassboy, I was able to snag one of the N64 Digital Kits and I'm currently 453 on the HDMI waitlist... Are you interesting in swapping kits? That is, I take your place at 138 by you holding your position until you get the kit- and then we can simply swap by me sending my kit to the Turners and having them ship the kits back accordingly? This would have to be coordinated through James and Emmett as they would have to accept the idea of being a middle man... but what do you think?

If not, is anyone else interested in swapping a HW2 uHdmi for my N64 Digital?

EDIT: I found someone to take my offer, thanks guys :)
Last edited by boula on Mon May 17, 2021 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simoncino

Post by Simoncino »

@CZRoe @Ichinasan perfect.

I will be waiting you. I have sent some mails but no response, i'm n. 113 in the list. waiting for your reply.

CZRoe is J Emmett? right?
getreal720

Post by getreal720 »

Dang, I feel for the Turner twins.

On top of dealing with the backlash of the majorly extended Round 7 group buy, the whole tornado situation seems to have taken that situation and cranked it up a factor of 10.

Hopefully people can try to put it into perspective, and be patient while they try to get their lives put back together. God bless you guys, hopefully things start to get a lot better, very soon.
JuergenDerGute

Post by JuergenDerGute »

@CZRoe @Ichinasan
First of all I read all the updates and am aware of your situation, but as it seems getting an answer here in the forum is easier then via mail, I've registered now.

I'm on position 272 and sent you an email on February 4th and a second one on May 10th asking for a refund. I'm still waiting for an answer. Can you please check my mail.
Sox1

Post by Sox1 »

Is there still a way to join the group buy? Looking for a kit and don't see any better alternative. Thanks
Lonny S Miller

Post by Lonny S Miller »

Hello very nice to meet you Marshall. My name is Lonny Shane. I was wanting to let you know that I found out about your Ultra HDMI kits a couple of months ago. I am a garage technician and I have work in a machine shop most my life but at heart I truly am a Nintendo Gamer since I was 8 years old. Anyhow I found a very nice gentleman who actually just had a triple bypass surgery he is a master at working and fixing CB radios as well as television set circuit boards. I am not sure how easy or busy it would be for him because he has not done this project before. However I've seen it on YouTube and it does not look too hard for someone who knows to solder.
I have been a collector for a long time and N64 is my true love and I have a few very nice collectible systems that I do want to upgrade with alter HDMI if maybe you could like enlighten me on the other new system you're speaking of I haven't seen it yet. I would like to get definitely about 10 if not 15 systems done. The cutout is not a big deal for me but if you do that regardless. I almost prefer the cut out to be done in old but no biggie.
Last question is I know you change the LED can you do a color changing LED? First place I saw it from was metaljesusrocks on YouTube....lol... awesome presentation by the way Mr. MetalJesus! He has the light alternating all colors.lmk if that's not problem? Ty and interested in lighting behind reg N64 logo.. like I've seen they put the light behind Ultra HDMI and highlight with extra LED. Anyhow those are small thing just asking
If you are offering the labor and doing it as well with the price. Or a few dollars a piece? Please just let me know I am just asking. I feel like I finally have had luck with finding the right spot and who to talk to please reach back out to me at my email address please . lonnysmiller@gmail.com
CZroe

Post by CZroe »

You guys deserve an update. We have had significant, unexpected, challenges since I last posted. We had a flood in the tornado damaged place when subcontractors prematurely turned the water back on and it damaged things in the basement, which is where my old workbench was. It also got some parts of the collection, like Neo Geo AES. What's worse is that we are being forced out as the owner plans to sell the house once rebuilding is complete. He previously asked if we could find another place so he could move someone into the other place, so we are still in a state of flux. FEMA also denied individual aid for this disaster a couple weeks ago and Red Cross stopped arranging for temporary housing about a month ago. Not sure where we will go or what we will do. Honestly, we might set up a cot and recliner at the workshop even though it violates the lease. Hey: It'll give us a lot more time to work on things here (yes, I am in the shop now). Ichinisan has been busy listing things from the old house but that slowed drastically after a family medical emergency on May 25 that has absolutely wrecked us for the last week.

I've only been getting about one day off a week. On one of those days Alucard971 stopped by with a handy friend who helped us install two light fixtures at the work shop. Even having one corner of the shop with overhead lighting helps tremendously. We spent the next borrowing a truck to bring my other work bench and set up under the overhead lighting only to find the light fixture quit working on my next day off. I'm extremely grateful. Our older brother was supposed to come from out of state to help finish the lighting installation but he postponed the trip just like he did back in March. I'll take the help when I can. :)

GameTechUS reached out to me about needing replacement DAC flexes. Marshall had shipped me hundreds of extra DACs with flexes but seemingly no extra flexes so I suggested the same thing I suggested here months ago but never got to try because of the tornado. I only had them for setting up a new test station with easy/safe disconnect for the DAC so I had plenty of extras and sent him several to try out.

As soon as I had lights and a way to work I finished the new UltraHDMI test station setup that now lets us test DACs. It's still fiddly and tedious but at least we won't be burning through DAC flexes. This also means I validated the bypass board info I shared here as far as what connects where. Here is how I wired and placed it in the console: https://imgur.com/a/ighhMD0

I haven't even been able to take a peek at the thread due to the situation at work and the crunch we are having on my few days off. I have had very little sleep for days as a result of the May 25th emergency but I am off tomorrow and hope to catch up then. I have physical therapy again in the morning so I’ll see you guys tomorrow!

Edit: Oh yeah, I have also been making mounds of YPbPr component cables for UltraHDMI HW2+DAC and N64Digital. Not sure how I will distribute these but I bought over 100 of the satellite box cables I am chopping to make these. I'm sure you guys will be able to use them!

https://i.imgur.com/ElxruLy.jpg

Edit 2. ...and, yes, Ichinisan has been busy as well.

https://i.imgur.com/UXddZUP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/w4AgyCc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/liKBJ8Y.jpg

Yes, that is 1,000 feet of Extron cabling Ichinisan is using as a work surface. ;)
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

CZroe wrote:You guys deserve an update. We have had significant, unexpected, challenges since I last posted. We had a flood in the tornado damaged place when subcontractors prematurely turned the water back on and it damaged things in the basement, which is where my old workbench was. It also got some parts of the collection, like Neo Geo AES. What's worse is that we are being forced out as the owner plans to sell the house once rebuilding is complete. He previously asked if we could find another place so he could move someone into the other place, so we are still in a state of flux. FEMA also denied individual aid for this disaster a couple weeks ago and Red Cross stopped arranging for temporary housing about a month ago. Not sure where we will go or what we will do. Honestly, we might set up a cot and recliner at the workshop even though it violates the lease. Hey: It'll give us a lot more time to work on things here (yes, I am in the shop now). Ichinisan has been busy listing things from the old house but that slowed drastically after a family medical emergency on May 25 that has absolutely wrecked us for the last week.

I've only been getting about one day off a week. On one of those days Alucard971 stopped by with a handy friend who helped us install two light fixtures at the work shop. Even having one corner of the shop with overhead lighting helps tremendously. We spent the next borrowing a truck to bring my other work bench and set up under the overhead lighting only to find the light fixture quit working on my next day off. I'm extremely grateful. Our older brother was supposed to come from out of state to help finish the lighting installation but he postponed the trip just like he did back in March. I'll take the help when I can. :)

GameTechUS reached out to me about needing replacement DAC flexes. Marshall had shipped me hundreds of extra DACs with flexes but seemingly no extra flexes so I suggested the same thing I suggested here months ago but never got to try because of the tornado. I only had them for setting up a new test station with easy/safe disconnect for the DAC so I had plenty of extras and sent him several to try out.

As soon as I had lights and a way to work I finished the new UltraHDMI test station setup that now lets us test DACs. It's still fiddly and tedious but at least we won't be burning through DAC flexes. This also means I validated the bypass board info I shared here as far as what connects where. Here is how I wired and placed it in the console: https://imgur.com/a/ighhMD0

I haven't even been able to take a peek at the thread due to the situation at work and the crunch we are having on my few days off. I have had very little sleep for days as a result of the May 25th emergency but I am off tomorrow and hope to catch up then. I have physical therapy again in the morning so I’ll see you guys tomorrow!

Edit: Oh yeah, I have also been making mounds of YPbPr component cables for UltraHDMI HW2+DAC and N64Digital. Not sure how I will distribute these but I bought over 100 of the satellite box cables I am chopping to make these. I'm sure you guys will be able to use them!

https://i.imgur.com/ElxruLy.jpg

Edit 2. ...and, yes, Ichinisan has been busy as well.

https://i.imgur.com/UXddZUP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/w4AgyCc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/liKBJ8Y.jpg

Yes, that is 1,000 feet of Extron cabling Ichinisan is using as a work surface. ;)
Can I please get a reply to my 3 months and counting email? Not to be confrontational but I'd think that replying to paid customers that have been waiting 2 years would take precedent over making YPbPr cables that you apparently have the time to do.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

Lethal wrote:Can I please get a reply to my 3 months and counting email? Not to be confrontational but I'd think that replying to paid customers that have been waiting 2 years would take precedent over making YPbPr cables that you apparently have the time to do.
I think most people here (myself included) have given up on this end accepting the lost. Many here are awaiting replies. Honestly dude, I wouldn't hold my breath.

There is always a possibility when sending someone money on the internet. No one's fault but our own.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Lopenator wrote:
Lethal wrote:Can I please get a reply to my 3 months and counting email? Not to be confrontational but I'd think that replying to paid customers that have been waiting 2 years would take precedent over making YPbPr cables that you apparently have the time to do.
I think most people here (myself included) have given up on this end accepting the lost. Many here are awaiting replies. Honestly dude, I wouldn't hold my breath.

There is always a possibility when sending someone money on the internet. No one's fault but our own.
What? That's what you got from the last 10 pages of replies from the brothers? They abandoned this project? Go back and read because I have no clue where you decided that most people have given up.