UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
devsfan1830

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by devsfan1830 »

Joearmy96 wrote:I’m not sure why I haven’t heard a response from you about my Ultra HDMI Kit I preordered at the beginning of the year. I already paid please contact me as soon as possible. It is now nearly August and no replies on email.
If you start reading all the past posts, since the beginning of the year the Turners have been having a LOT of personal life events that have slowed things a bit. Plus, if you just joined then you jumped on the end of an already long list. Unfortunately you may not get an email reply for a while. But they're slowing working through the list. They email people in order as they come up on the list. I also imagine the current batch they got in January is all allocated now. Based on the spreadsheet you'd be looking at being in batch 3 or 4 depending on how many Marshal produces next. But then it also depends on WHEN they get produced and that's another thing out of the Turners' control.
KAJJ324

Post by KAJJ324 »

I'm #135 or so on the list. Just got my n64 back complete with the n64digital mod yesterday. Works and looks perfect!
Dolobill

Post by Dolobill »

I requested a refund a month ago but a serial number has now been assigned to my account. I thought refund requests would be checked as units are being assigned? Please cancel and refund so someone else can get my unit.
CZroe

Post by CZroe »

hawaplop wrote:Hi,
I am #231 on the list, and wish to have the kits delivered, not money refunded.
Thank you, sir.
Thanks. Sorry to keep you waiting.
darkghost wrote:Good job Turner bros on doing what you can. Sounds like, at the least, things aren't getting worse for you anymore. Hope things go in your favor here on out.
Thanks. We might not make much progress this weekend since we need a climate-controlled storage unit while they’re all booked locally (many others displaced too). Yeah, the contractors need the basement clear by Monday. Whatever Ichinisan finds will be far and I’ll be at work, so he’s going to be tied up. Hopefully he has a couple ready for me.
Joearmy96 wrote:I’m not sure why I haven’t heard a response from you about my Ultra HDMI Kit I preordered at the beginning of the year. I already paid please contact me as soon as possible. It is now nearly August and no replies on email. Also I hope you’re situation gets better but please respond to email.

Thanks for your time
At first it was because communicating in order was the fastest way to distribute kits without letting the panic over N64Digital slow him down (everyone suddenly trying to reach him at once). He intended to continue down the list and contact whoever remained once the first lot of kits were gone, but then the tornado happened and he never got that far. Now he’s distributing an even larger batch of UltraHDMI kits in addition to what remained from before and another 50 N64Digital kits.

Though he has finally resumed it sounds like you may not be near the top of the list. Even so, he will get to you in the coming weeks! When he does he will review all your prior correspondence including messages he hasn’t responded to and will reach out to you. I apologize for the delay.
Glassboy wrote:What is the PO Box I should send my system to? I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere in the thread. My old email was an address for your house but you mentioned it would be best to send to the PO Box. I have a s/n assigned to my name so I assume you guys just need the system. Really sorry to hear about the death of your pooch. That shit blows and probably feels even harder after everything you guys have already gone through. My condolences and thanks for your hard work.
I’ll PM it to you but I’d hold off on shipping until you hear from him since we don’t have a safe place for everyone’s consoles. Since many particularly-patient participants sent their consoles last year we already had to prioritize a bunch of those despite their position on the list just to get them out of the tornado-damaged home. We are finally getting it down to a manageable number for the workshop, which is the safest place right now.
Dolobill wrote:I requested a refund a month ago but a serial number has now been assigned to my account. I thought refund requests would be checked as units are being assigned? Please cancel and refund so someone else can get my unit.
To see a list of upcoming people who he can contact/ship to he assigns them in order and then starts working his way through, eventually reassigning the kits that were refunded or switched to N64Digital.

He assigns enough to begin contacting a bunch at a time and ship to many of the DIY installer and BYO installer participants who shouldn’t have to wait for him to work down the install list. He doesn’t assign them all at once in case of a high defect/failure rate or something that prevents him from getting that far down the list. The bulk orders keep shipping once it’s clear that we will have enough to cover them and have no reason to delay. Of course, even those require him to review all prior correspondence and verify things first (DAC count, address, payments, etc).

When he gets to you he will see your cancelation request and contact you with your refund option. Sorry it’s taking so long but it’s the only way he can manage it given all that has happened.
wtf

Post by wtf »

Why the hell are orders placed later than mine being shipped earlier?
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

wtf wrote:Why the hell are orders placed later than mine being shipped earlier?
CZroe explained a little bit on the post above yours.

"I’ll PM it to you but I’d hold off on shipping until you hear from him since we don’t have a safe place for everyone’s consoles. Since many particularly-patient participants sent their consoles last year we already had to prioritize a bunch of those despite their position on the list just to get them out of the tornado-damaged home. We are finally getting it down to a manageable number for the workshop, which is the safest place right now."

So in short, some consoles that were shipped last year despite no assigned units had to be prioritized as they were in their house which has to be evacuated by Monday. So it's either finish them and ship them now or risk them being lost/destroyed in the property removal.
wtf

Post by wtf »

alucard971 wrote:

"I’ll PM it to you but I’d hold off on shipping until you hear from him since we don’t have a safe place for everyone’s consoles. Since many particularly-patient participants sent their consoles last year we already had to prioritize a bunch of those despite their position on the list just to get them out of the tornado-damaged home. We are finally getting it down to a manageable number for the workshop, which is the safest place right now."

So in short, some consoles that were shipped last year despite no assigned units had to be prioritized as they were in their house which has to be evacuated by Monday. So it's either finish them and ship them now or risk them being lost/destroyed in the property removal.
My comment was directed to them not you trying to answer on their behalf from the peanut gallery.

Either way, this is BS. I paid a year earlier than these guys. What's the point of a list if it's not going to be honored?

All this accomplishes is turning a problem that wasn't mine into one that is so in return I'll be filing a chargeback if my kit isn't shipped by July 31st.

I'm done playing this game.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

wtf wrote:
alucard971 wrote:

My comment was directed to them not you trying to answer on their behalf from the peanut gallery.

Either way, this is BS. I paid a year earlier than these guys. What's the point of a list if it's not going to be honored?

All this accomplishes is turning a problem that wasn't mine into one that is so in return I'll be filing a chargeback if my kit isn't shipped by July 31st.

If you paid more than a year ago i don't think PayPal will accept a chargeback. And what difference does the origin of the answer you receive make, you got an answer. Be as mad as you'd like about it, it won't change anything.
hawaplop

Post by hawaplop »

Are there any DACs available? Is it too late to add that to an order?
wtf

Post by wtf »

alucard971 wrote:If you paid more than a year ago i don't think PayPal will accept a chargeback. And what difference does the origin of the answer you receive make, you got an answer. Be as mad as you'd like about it, it won't change anything.
Because you have nothing to do with my transaction and seem to be doing nothing other than flapping your gums.

And for the record, I actually paid nearly 2 years ago now. I said that the people in line after me in the the 200's and 300's on the list that skipped the line all paid a year later. I guess it's also a good thing you don't have any say in the matter and neither does paypal. A Chargeback is done directly from the credit card company.

So I'm setting the record straight right now in that I'm around 150 on the list. If my order isnt shipped by July 31st I'm getting my money back one way or another since these guys apparently forgot how to use email and never reply.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

wtf wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:If you paid more than a year ago i don't think PayPal will accept a chargeback. And what difference does the origin of the answer you receive make, you got an answer. Be as mad as you'd like about it, it won't change anything.
Because you have nothing to do with my transaction and seem to be doing nothing other than flapping your gums.

And for the record, I actually paid nearly 2 years ago now. I said that the people in line after me in the the 200's and 300's on the list that skipped the line all paid a year later. I guess it's also a good thing you don't have any say in the matter and neither does paypal. A Chargeback is done directly from the credit card company.

So I'm setting the record straight right now in that I'm around 150 on the list. If my order isnt shipped by July 31st I'm getting my money back one way or another since these guys apparently forgot how to use email and never reply.
My man I don't know why you're mad at me, I didn't take your money. But I'll give you a bit of advice; system11's been on a banning spree recently so I'd go easy with the baseless threats and grievance airing in a public forum. If you have an issue with the brothers, take it up with them. Whining here will just get you the ban hammer.

A couple things I don't understand though:
1) How you were able to join the group buy without actually being a member of the forums. You just joined today and all you've done is complain.
2) How you have a credit card company that will allow you to essentially change your mind and get your money back after 2 years. I mean honestly, 2 years...
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

hawaplop wrote:Are there any DACs available? Is it too late to add that to an order?
I believe that there were more dacs sent than units, so you should definitely be good if you want to change your mind on that. It's well worth it too if you become a streamer or just want to switch between HDTV and CRT.
wtf

Post by wtf »

ldeveraux wrote:
wtf wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:If you paid more than a year ago i don't think PayPal will accept a chargeback. And what difference does the origin of the answer you receive make, you got an answer. Be as mad as you'd like about it, it won't change anything.

My man I don't know why you're mad at me, I didn't take your money. But I'll give you a bit of advice; system11's been on a banning spree recently so I'd go easy with the baseless threats and grievance airing in a public forum. If you have an issue with the brothers, take it up with them. Whining here will just get you the ban hammer.

A couple things I don't understand though:
1) How you were able to join the group buy without actually being a member of the forums. You just joined today and all you've done is complain.
2) How you have a credit card company that will allow you to essentially change your mind and get your money back after 2 years. I mean honestly, 2 years...
So it wasn't enough that you couldn't keep your mouth shut to begin with speaking on behalf of others but now you're also a wannabe moderator making "baseless threats" as well? Pot meet kettle...

You obviously don't understand a lot of things.
1) What are you talking about? Have you even looked at the list? Many people joined from many difference places. All it took was an email.
2) I'm not going to explain to you how credit card chargebacks work since the information is readily available for you to educate yourself if you aren't lazy. What I will tell you though is that non receipt of a purchase is first on the list.
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

wtf wrote:My comment was directed to them not you trying to answer on their behalf from the peanut gallery.

I understand you are angry. It's been over 2 years since this started and you haven't gotten what you paid for. I get it. But don't let this fall on deaf ears (or eyes in this case). Coming in here angry will not get you answers and will only get you banned. It already happened to 3 people who got 2 week bans right before you registered. This isn't a place to start an argument. Most people here are in the same boat as you and we are trying to help answer your questions; your question which was answered by Emmett Turner himself right above the question you posted.

Please keep in mind I believe you only have a max possible 120 days to complete a chargeback on your card. Feel free to try, it may work but I assume it will not. Your product is still coming. They have to get some people out ahead of time in an emergency situation only. Otherwise, they are still going down the list as planned and answering emails as your name pops up on the list.

So you have a couple options:
1. Wait for your product. You are around 150 on the list so it should be soon, but keep in mind like this weekend they are pressed with a living arrangement emergency and may not get to your product by July 31st.
2. Get a refund. However, your refund will still be processed near the same time your unit would ship. But this means if you want to switch to an N64 Digital, orders for batch #2 are going up at the end of August/early September. If you get in, you can switch and get a similar product. However, it probably won't ship out until October/November and you'll still have to get your N64 modded.
3. Tie yourself up in trying to get your money back in any other way. However, 1 or 2 will still apply.
wtf

Post by wtf »

alucard971 wrote:
wtf wrote:My comment was directed to them not you trying to answer on their behalf from the peanut gallery.

I understand you are angry. It's been over 2 years since this started and you haven't gotten what you paid for. I get it. But don't let this fall on deaf ears (or eyes in this case). Coming in here angry will not get you answers and will only get you banned. It already happened to 3 people who got 2 week bans right before you registered. This isn't a place to start an argument. Most people here are in the same boat as you and we are trying to help answer your questions; your question which was answered by Emmett Turner himself right above the question you posted.

Please keep in mind I believe you only have a max possible 120 days to complete a chargeback on your card. Feel free to try, it may work but I assume it will not. Your product is still coming. They have to get some people out ahead of time in an emergency situation only. Otherwise, they are still going down the list as planned and answering emails as your name pops up on the list.

So you have a couple options:
1. Wait for your product. You are around 150 on the list so it should be soon, but keep in mind like this weekend they are pressed with a living arrangement emergency and may not get to your product by July 31st.
2. Get a refund. However, your refund will still be processed near the same time your unit would ship. But this means if you want to switch to an N64 Digital, orders for batch #2 are going up at the end of August/early September. If you get in, you can switch and get a similar product. However, it probably won't ship out until October/November and you'll still have to get your N64 modded.
3. Tie yourself up in trying to get your money back in any other way. However, 1 or 2 will still apply.
Sudo mod #2 steps up to the plate talking about things he has no clue about.

All it takes is a 10 minute call to my card issuer and I would know since I had to go through the process over an ebay purchase that didn't arrive after a year roughly 6 months ago. So save me the pedantic nonsense posing as a pretentious authority on any of the matters.
CZroe

Post by CZroe »

He’s asking questions I can easily answer (hopefully to his satisfaction) so, please, let’s not escalate anything in my defense just yet!
The post just before you was particularly relevant and it seemed as if you had missed it. I think we can both appreciate his attempt to point you to it since I would have also.

I first mentioned the change April 30 and my brother confirmed it in the May 1st update to the OP where he said “Our plan right now is to prioritize finishing the consoles we already have on-hand.” after discussing that they were at risk and we had no place safe for them. I do not recall anyone objecting.
wtf wrote:Either way, this is BS. I paid a year earlier than these guys. What's the point of a list if it's not going to be honored?
The list order priority is primarily for allocating kits and THEN for contact/installations. Normally shipping happens as soon as we can once a kit is assigned regardless of your position, but this round was forced to be different. We are doing consoles we have on-hand as well as the consoles that are trickling in as we reach out to people, but we also need to distinguish between DIY/BYO installers and people seeking installation.

We couldn’t ship all DIY kits right away like we used to do because there was such a disparity in the number of kits received versus people in line with way too much uncertainty about who still wanted what (literally changes 9 out of 10 times we reply). Just as many self-installers were looking at switching or requested refunds or needed address verification or needed to settle on optional DACs so they are basically in the same contact queue as the installs, which is unfortunate since they should not have to wait on installs when they aren’t sending in anything.

Shipping order was always at the mercy of the participants, carriers, options, etc. Just like we don’t want to risk storing your valuable consoles at an unsafe place, we can’t have tens of thousands of dollars worth of self-install kits waiting around while we slowly work our way through the install queue. Even ignoring that, you wouldn’t want us to stop distributing the first 530 kits when someone at line #39 opts for N64Digital instead months before it was released. Continuing down the list to ship kits for DIY installers is not skipping anyone and only accelerates things.

If someone is late shipping us a console or stalls installation/payment or changes their mind about something multiple times, it obviously can’t, and shouldn’t, hold up the next person. If we know we have enough kits for the next 20 people we might be stuck dealing with the first 10, hammering out options, payment, waiting to receive their console, etc. The ones seeking installation obviously take a lot more back and forth with round-trip shipping involved. Meanwhile, there will be several people in the next 10 who aren’t getting installation and won’t need to wait in that queue, so we contact them too while waiting on the others.

The DIYers also require a lot of back and forth communication regarding options, final payments, address verification, etc, so we can’t work too far out ahead but it makes sense to do the ones we can… especially if there is a large order or two in that lot that we know we can easily cover. The alternative is making the entire group buy wait on the earliest stragglers and we’d never get anywhere while we sat on kits that could otherwise be shipped right now. That’s not good for anyone. It isn’t unfair to ship those because they were already allocated and did not delay anyone. In fact, getting those out of the way means it accelerates things for people further down the list.

We are honoring the list order as much as possible but there have been many logical and necessary deviations. In the past we threw open the floodgates and welcomed all consoles at once, turning them around as fast as they were received (regardless of list position) but that simply wasn’t possible when there weren’t enough kits and many were requesting refunds. It was April when I suggested that we had no safe place for the consoles that were already received and would need to prioritize those to get them gone before we could accept many more. We didn’t get very far before a series of floods (and worse) paralyzed us for over a month so we only just resumed at the end of June. We also reached out to the people local enough to take care of without shipping if we had their kit.

TL;DR: We can’t throw the floodgates open to accept all consoles as we have in the past so we are throttled as we work through the install queue. It makes sense to continue shipping to the kits that are ready for DIYers rather than making them wait on the round-trip install queue. Obviously, there is no reason for people doing their own installation to wait for us to install every kit ahead of them if they are already allocated one.
hawaplop wrote:Are there any DACs available? Is it too late to add that to an order?
Due to a miscommunication with Marshall we have WAY too many DACs so it’s never too late… even if you got your kit elsewhere. Since we knew very little about the DACs until things were already shipping, it is one of the reasons Ichinisan has to have a dialog with each and every group buyer before shipping. If you weren’t in the group buy and need one, I assume it is something I can handle outside of the GB. Just let me know. :)
Last edited by CZroe on Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

wtf wrote:I'm around 150 on the list.
What's your Alias listed on the list? I'll unblock you to see your response then reblock you because you're being a petulent jerk. I can almost guarantee you're one of the 3 who were banned this week, hence the account created today with sudden urgency to make your point. Prove me wrong.
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

Just ignore the griefers. You'll get wrapped up in a ban as easily as they would for continuing the argument. CZroe answered his question directly, so hopefully he can get the closure he needs to move on.
CZroe

Post by CZroe »

Thanks. I understand his concern and I really don’t want people to feel like they risk a ban for expressing those concerns, especially if I could possibly address them to his satisfaction. That’s ideal because it also addresses others who might otherwise voice the same concern.
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

There is a difference between voicing your concern and provocation however. We as adults are capable of creating discussion of differing opinion without aggression, finger pointing, and insults. There's no need to come in guns blazing with demands and name calling, especially towards someone that's attempting to answer your question. Feel your feelings, but at least be civil in public.
SonicAdvDX

Post by SonicAdvDX »

system11 wrote:Well that's 3x 2 week bans so far for some users. I also deleted a lot of posts.
Finally... Two weeks of peace.
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

Sounds like Lethal made a new account. :lol:
SonicAdvDX

Post by SonicAdvDX »

TooBeaucoup wrote:Sounds like Lethal made a new account. :lol:
Silly me, you're right "wtf" is totally Lethal in disguise lmao, you can tell from his over-aggressive argument style alone. Mods might need to figure out how to ban his IP at this rate.
glx

Post by glx »

Maybe I'm not understanding correctly as english isn't my first language (not usually a problem), but are people who requested installs slowing the queue, slowing the process of getting the kits to DIYs like me?

Like I said in an earlier post, I'm not mad, I just want the damn thing, especially seeing a serial number next to my name. And yes it can be frustrating to see someone who ordered 20 kits and is behind me having his already delivered. Reasons or not, I'm sure you understand.

@System11, thanks for cleaning up the thread. While I'm not in complete disagreement with the person banned, the thread was becoming heavy with no new information and a perpetual rant going on.
CZroe

Post by CZroe »

glx wrote:Maybe I'm not understanding correctly as english isn't my first language (not usually a problem), but are people who requested installs slowing the queue, slowing the process of getting the kits to DIYs like me?

Like I said in an earlier post, I'm not mad, I just want the damn thing, especially seeing a serial number next to my name. And yes it can be frustrating to see someone who ordered 20 kits and is behind me having his already delivered. Reasons or not, I'm sure you understand.

@System11, thanks for cleaning up the thread. While I'm not in complete disagreement with the person banned, the thread was becoming heavy with no new information and a perpetual rant going on.
More like everyone is in the same contact queue and the ones seeking installation require a lot more time. While waiting on responses and consoles and payments from the people getting installation my brother is perfectly willing to go on contacting people who don’t need installation… but then you get people complaining that he did… and others complaining that he didn’t.

Obviously, he can’t service too many people at once without it slowing everyone down as even the people who don’t get a kit yet and people we don’t have an answer for yet will be contending for his time.

Someone here seemingly wants you stuck in the install queue even though you aren’t trying to get installation service, and that ain’t me. That said, there is nearly as much communication and follow-up involved for the DIY orders so he can’t work too far ahead. If he sees some DIY orders coming up and he knows there are enough kits to cover it and he already has as many open dialogs as he can handle with the install queue, he reaches out early.

Someone isn’t happy either way so I think we should really go ahead and officially split it into two queues, like it kinda already is, but I don’t know how he is going to react to that idea. Even with distinctly separate queues for installation and DIY we don’t know how far down each list the kits will allocate unless we treat it as one queue for allocation and work our way down it… again: like it kinda already is.
Last edited by CZroe on Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
glx

Post by glx »

I think I do understand.

Linear queue for unit allocation is perfectly reasonable, but splitting the queue so you can ship out more kits to DIYs (and lessen the stress of keeping them safe) is a good tactic to keep things flowing. It was my impression that allocating serial numbers to participants permitted you to see where allocated kits stopped.

So for example, this way, if you limit the number of consoles/installs you have to 10 at a time, and you're down to #128 in installs, #162 can still get his kit as they are allocated up to #249 in this batch.

I do understand there are people who have either not yet paid in full, and you have to ask if they want DAC or not, PS1digital if there are any left, payment processing, and these things take time. I also understand having 100 e-mail conversations at the same time is a logistics nightmare and causes mistakes. I'm not asking for my kit to be shipped out tomorrow either.
At this point, I'm sure this group buy has become a burden for you more than anything else, not counting the streak of horrible luck you guys had.

Just hoping things keep flowing at a nice pace, and would be happy to see that parallel processing happening!
hawaplop

Post by hawaplop »

CZroe wrote: Due to a miscommunication with Marshall we have WAY too many DACs so it’s never too late… even if you got your kit elsewhere. Since we knew very little about the DACs until things were already shipping, it is one of the reasons Ichinisan has to have a dialog with each and every group buyer before shipping. If you weren’t in the group buy and need one, I assume it is something I can handle outside of the GB. Just let me know. :)
Yeah, I’d love to get ten to go with the ten kits I purchased. I am #231 on the list, btw. I have no idea when I will actually receive the kits, but shit happen. And, although it was a lot of money, I knew what I was getting into before getting involved; sucks what this thread turned into over the past 7-8 months. I guess just let me know how to proceed and I’ll take those ten DACs.
Take care,
Rob
CZroe

Post by CZroe »

glx wrote:I think I do understand.

Linear queue for unit allocation is perfectly reasonable, but splitting the queue so you can ship out more kits to DIYs (and lessen the stress of keeping them safe) is a good tactic to keep things flowing. It was my impression that allocating serial numbers to participants permitted you to see where allocated kits stopped.

So for example, this way, if you limit the number of consoles/installs you have to 10 at a time, and you're down to #128 in installs, #162 can still get his kit as they are allocated up to #249 in this batch.

I do understand there are people who have either not yet paid in full, and you have to ask if they want DAC or not, [N64]digital if there are any left, payment processing, and these things take time. I also understand having 100 e-mail conversations at the same time is a logistics nightmare and causes mistakes. I'm not asking for my kit to be shipped out tomorrow either.
At this point, I'm sure this group buy has become a burden for you more than anything else, not counting the streak of horrible luck you guys had.

Just hoping things keep flowing at a nice pace, and would be happy to see that parallel processing happening!
Thanks. Sounds like he will be contacting you very soon.

I asked him about making a separate queue and it looks like he can’t do that until all the N64Digital’s are allocated. Unfortunately, allocating UltraHDMI serial numbers doesn’t let us see where the N64Digitals stop and it’s impossible to predict since people all along the way are opting in and out of the offer and changing their minds as he contacts them. He says that is the reason he was able to do the larger orders first (they weren’t eligible for multiple N64Digitals). Some others were low-hanging fruit where he already had most of the answers he needed and others were people who provided their own N64Digital for installation. Some people mistakenly thought others who sent in their own N64Digitals were skipping the UltraHDMI queue.

In past rounds we didn’t have these other complications and we could easily turn them around as fast as they came in by batching and double-teaming the installations. He’d literally have a stack of boards for me to solder after work while he was cutting, assembling, etc and when I was done I’d help with whatever he needed (testing, disassembly, packing, etc). We’d start with the consoles we had on-hand for the people who shipped early and welcomed everyone to send them at once. If we got 5 consoles one day and 20 consoles the next we’d be caught up by day 3. Very rarely was the turnaround more than 24 hours. All the while he’d be shipping the DIY kits since and there were no questions about whether they still wanted them or not. It just wasn’t possible to do it the same way with the complications from refund requests, N64Digital switch, BYO N64Digital, price increases, DAC options, etc. Asking everyone to send at once with all the other details in limbo would be a disaster!
CZroe

Post by CZroe »

hawaplop wrote:
CZroe wrote: Due to a miscommunication with Marshall we have WAY too many DACs so it’s never too late… even if you got your kit elsewhere. Since we knew very little about the DACs until things were already shipping, it is one of the reasons Ichinisan has to have a dialog with each and every group buyer before shipping. If you weren’t in the group buy and need one, I assume it is something I can handle outside of the GB. Just let me know. :)
Yeah, I’d love to get ten to go with the ten kits I purchased. I am #231 on the list, btw. I have no idea when I will actually receive the kits, but shit happen. And, although it was a lot of money, I knew what I was getting into before getting involved; sucks what this thread turned into over the past 7-8 months. I guess just let me know how to proceed and I’ll take those ten DACs.
Take care,
Rob
He’ll definitely check with you about DACs if he doesn’t already find the answer in one of your emails but I will ask him to go ahead and note it. :)
wtf

Post by wtf »

CZroe wrote:He’s asking questions I can easily answer (hopefully to his satisfaction) so, please, let’s not escalate anything in my defense just yet!
The post just before you was particularly relevant and it seemed as if you had missed it. I think we can both appreciate his attempt to point you to it since I would have also.

I first mentioned the change April 30 and my brother confirmed it in the May 1st update to the OP where he said “Our plan right now is to prioritize finishing the consoles we already have on-hand.” after discussing that they were at risk and we had no place safe for them. I do not recall anyone objecting.
wtf wrote:Either way, this is BS. I paid a year earlier than these guys. What's the point of a list if it's not going to be honored?
The list order priority is primarily for allocating kits and THEN for contact/installations. Normally shipping happens as soon as we can once a kit is assigned regardless of your position, but this round was forced to be different. We are doing consoles we have on-hand as well as the consoles that are trickling in as we reach out to people, but we also need to distinguish between DIY/BYO installers and people seeking installation.

We couldn’t ship all DIY kits right away like we used to do because there was such a disparity in the number of kits received versus people in line with way too much uncertainty about who still wanted what (literally changes 9 out of 10 times we reply). Just as many self-installers were looking at switching or requested refunds or needed address verification or needed to settle on optional DACs so they are basically in the same contact queue as the installs, which is unfortunate since they should not have to wait on installs when they aren’t sending in anything.

Shipping order was always at the mercy of the participants, carriers, options, etc. Just like we don’t want to risk storing your valuable consoles at an unsafe place, we can’t have tens of thousands of dollars worth of self-install kits waiting around while we slowly work our way through the install queue. Even ignoring that, you wouldn’t want us to stop distributing the first 530 kits when someone at line #39 opts for N64Digital instead months before it was released. Continuing down the list to ship kits for DIY installers is not skipping anyone and only accelerates things.

If someone is late shipping us a console or stalls installation/payment or changes their mind about something multiple times, it obviously can’t, and shouldn’t, hold up the next person. If we know we have enough kits for the next 20 people we might be stuck dealing with the first 10, hammering out options, payment, waiting to receive their console, etc. The ones seeking installation obviously take a lot more back and forth with round-trip shipping involved. Meanwhile, there will be several people in the next 10 who aren’t getting installation and won’t need to wait in that queue, so we contact them too while waiting on the others.

The DIYers also require a lot of back and forth communication regarding options, final payments, address verification, etc, so we can’t work too far out ahead but it makes sense to do the ones we can… especially if there is a large order or two in that lot that we know we can easily cover. The alternative is making the entire group buy wait on the earliest stragglers and we’d never get anywhere while we sat on kits that could otherwise be shipped right now. That’s not good for anyone. It isn’t unfair to ship those because they were already allocated and did not delay anyone. In fact, getting those out of the way means it accelerates things for people further down the list.

We are honoring the list order as much as possible but there have been many logical and necessary deviations. In the past we threw open the floodgates and welcomed all consoles at once, turning them around as fast as they were received (regardless of list position) but that simply wasn’t possible when there weren’t enough kits and many were requesting refunds. It was April when I suggested that we had no safe place for the consoles that were already received and would need to prioritize those to get them gone before we could accept many more. We didn’t get very far before a series of floods (and worse) paralyzed us for over a month so we only just resumed at the end of June. We also reached out to the people local enough to take care of without shipping if we had their kit.

TL;DR: We can’t throw the floodgates open to accept all consoles as we have in the past so we are throttled as we work through the install queue. It makes sense to continue shipping to the kits that are ready for DIYers rather than making them wait on the round-trip install queue. Obviously, there is no reason for people doing their own installation to wait for us to install every kit ahead of them if they are already allocated one.
Due to a miscommunication with Marshall we have WAY too many DACs so it’s never too late… even if you got your kit elsewhere. Since we knew very little about the DACs until things were already shipping, it is one of the reasons Ichinisan has to have a dialog with each and every group buyer before shipping. If you weren’t in the group buy and need one, I assume it is something I can handle outside of the GB. Just let me know. :)

If there's no tracking number sent to my email inbox by July 31 I'm taking my money back. There's no reason people that paid later should be served earlier.

I said my piece. I have better things to do than argue with your mob of tools circle jerking in an echo chamber.