UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
robertwhamm

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by robertwhamm »

Last edited by robertwhamm on Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

robertwhamm wrote:
Going quite well.

They were still taking money from people in 2021 and have been ignoring people consistently for well over a year.

People are free to use any name and email to submit their info. When the list is large enough a third party will then reach out formally for their information and more concrete details of their transactions.

Keep trolling on!
No troll here. I have always encouraged people that feel scammed to contact legal authorities. But skitals pointed out critical information: why is there no legal team affiliated? Why are we giving information to some guy on the internet instead of a lawfirm that is bound by at least some regulations to protect privacy? And while I understand you may not have a direct answer other than "feel free to use fake info", you never lead with that. You expected people to submit their real names and emails over an unsecured channel just so you can get a headcount of how many wanted to join.

While I would love to see the reaction of whomever had to write a legal affidavit for Seymore Butts, I can't imagine how tedious it would be to sort through your list. If you would have contacted a legal team prior you wouldn't have had to go through all that trouble and the scope of the search would be broadened past the handful of those that visit this forum occasionally. I would like to also point out that search is even more acute because you have to read up to page 46 - 48 just to find the address.

So while I support seeking compensation for alleged fraudulent activity, I do not condone compromising personal information. There are many firms that would give free consultation with toll free numbers. If you want to start a class action, I highly suggest starting there.
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

Last edited by robertwhamm on Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
hushed

Post by hushed »

Sure, let's all send our personal details to a website being shared by an account created less than 30 days ago. How well protected is my data going to be?

How much an hour does a lawyer cost in Georgia anyway? Oh, they do these based on speculation right? So how much of your $200 is the lawyer going to get? How much is robertwhamm going to get as the lead plaintiff?
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

hushed wrote:Sure, let's all send our personal details to a website being shared by an account created less than 30 days ago. How well protected is my data going to be?

How much an hour does a lawyer cost in Georgia anyway? Oh, they do these based on speculation right? So how much of your $200 is the lawyer going to get? How much is robertwhamm going to get as the lead plaintiff?
How long is an attorney going to string him along charging him a gross hourly rate before he finally says enough is enough, you have no perceivable case, go find a cheaper lawyer who doesn't mind being laughed out of court. All this to prove a point because you'll spend far more in legal fees, and when you lose, you won't be able to collect said fees from the victors. I say good luck with that slander campaign; he keeps promoting it as legitimate, I'll keep putting it down where it belongs.
WinManX2000

Post by WinManX2000 »

PULOVR wrote:I talked to one of the brothers the other day. He told me that they are concentrating on completing installs, sending out kits, or refunding people if that's what they want. It also doesn't help that they are still dealing with the after affects from the tornado as well as other personal matters (I didn't want to be noisy for details about that stuff, because it's none of my business).
While I certainly believe this is the response you got, this is straight up bull shit. I don't post here often, actually got lured here about 2 years ago for this group buy. When I first got put on the list, communication was super fast, prompt, back and forth less than a day. Before I paid, I was told I could get a refund if needed. I have sent multiple refund requests over the past year and half, with zero reply. Quite frankly, it does not take this long to "go down the list". Imagine if they just precessed one request a night with the 3 options above. I have 100% written this off and only come here to watch the shit show.
PULOVR

Post by PULOVR »

10mile wrote:Who are you again?
Just a person that understands what the brothers have been through, and what they have taken on in terms of orders and installs (which is huge). Anyway, I too would rather work down a huge list of orders than deal with some of the people here.

Oh, and btw... (not my hand).

And one from yesterday (Jan 16, 2022).

TooBeaucoup wrote:but I have to wonder, in two years, when there's still no word with dozens and dozens of people waiting....
And there is way more than that, that have received their orders and/or installs (as well as refunds) as promised. Your point again?

Remember, just because the pdf list found on the first page is not being updated, doesn't mean that orders are not being completed.

Now please excuse me while I go back outside to finish shoveling the heavy snowfall we received today.

Enjoy this video while I'm gone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTnlKFSVtRk
Last edited by PULOVR on Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

PULOVR wrote:
TooBeaucoup wrote:but I have to wonder, in two years, when there's still no word with dozens and dozens of people waiting....
And there is way more than that, that have received their orders and/or installs (as well as refunds) as promised. Your point again?

Remember, just because the pdf list found on the first page is not being updated, doesn't mean that orders are not being completed.
And how would you know there's tons that have received them? Just because a couple of people have popped in here and claimed theirs arrived isn't exactly proof. I'm not saying things weren't thrown off by their storm and some of that nonsense, but some of the weird excuses and dumb things they've posted are so head-scratching. I mean, why even go into weird excuses of loaning out your car to some idiot with no insurance who destroyed it, or your sick dog, or the fact you're spending hours on making weird cables that nobody asked for, etc... I mean, even if some of this shlt really happened, why share all of that? The whole thing is just goofy. LOL!
PULOVR

Post by PULOVR »

TooBeaucoup wrote:And how would you know there's tons that have received them?
First off, I didn't say "tons". My EXACT words were...
PULOVR wrote:And there is way more than that, that have received their orders and/or installs (as well as refunds) as promised.
As for your question... how about the same proof that people here like to use when trying to complain that things are not moving along? Namely, the google doc from the first page? I just did a really quick count, and there was around 410'ish(?) kits that have been completed/sent out. Of that, around 40 were for the N64 digital (I think someone once mentioned the brothers were able to get 50 of those kits from pixelfx to help out with the group buy). So that makes around 370 UltraHDMI kits completed, which seems to be way more than the "dozens and dozens of people waiting" that you stated. Maybe I should of asked you what you consider to be "dozens and dozens" as an actual number? Either way, it's clear that many people have gotten their kits (or a refund).... and now the two pics I posted above show even more kits waiting to go out and/or to be installed.
Just because a couple of people have popped in here and claimed theirs arrived isn't exactly proof.
Did you happen to notice where many of the orders originated from? (ie, check the "From" column in the google doc)

Of the 400+ completed orders (if the list is correct, even though it's not up to date), only about two dozen (24) of them have been from Shmups forum members. The majority are from Reddit and other sites. And if you look at the rest of the list for unfinished orders, the majority are still from Reddit members. Maybe that's why you haven't seen very many Shmups members posting that they received their kit or a refund..?
I'm not saying things weren't thrown off by their storm and some of that nonsense
Nonsense? Did you really just say that? Wow. I hope you never have to go through what they endured.
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

PULOVR wrote:
TooBeaucoup wrote:And how would you know there's tons that have received them?
First off, I didn't say "tons". My EXACT words were...
PULOVR wrote:And there is way more than that, that have received their orders and/or installs (as well as refunds) as promised.
As for your question... how about the same proof that people here like to use when trying to complain that things are not moving along? Namely, the google doc from the first page? I just did a really quick count, and there was around 410'ish(?) kits that have been completed/sent out. Of that, around 40 were for the N64 digital (I think someone once mentioned the brothers were able to get 50 of those kits from pixelfx to help out with the group buy). So that makes around 370 UltraHDMI kits completed, which seems to be way more than the "dozens and dozens of people waiting" that you stated. Maybe I should of asked you what you consider to be "dozens and dozens" as an actual number? Either way, it's clear that many people have gotten their kits (or a refund).... and now the two pics I posted above show even more kits waiting to go out and/or to be installed.
Just because a couple of people have popped in here and claimed theirs arrived isn't exactly proof.
Did you happen to notice where many of the orders originated from? (ie, check the "From" column in the google doc)

Of the 400+ completed orders (if the list is correct, even though it's not up to date), only about two dozen (24) of them have been from Shmups forum members. The majority are from Reddit and other sites. And if you look at the rest of the list for unfinished orders, the majority are still from Reddit members. Maybe that's why you haven't seen very many Shmups members posting that they received their kit or a refund..?
I'm not saying things weren't thrown off by their storm and some of that nonsense
Nonsense? Did you really just say that? Wow. I hope you never have to go through what they endured.
Yes, I referred to the entire situation as nonsense. Cry about it, I guess?
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

TooBeaucoup wrote: Yes, I referred to the entire situation as nonsense. Cry about it, I guess?
It is nonsense! It's nonsense that someone would buy something from an entity whose home base is a forum post. It's nonsense to then completely forget about that expensive purchase for almost 2 years. It's nonsense that after making that purchase, a person wouldn't bother registering for the forum where said thread exists to discuss their purchase. It's nonsense to finally join said thread, make threats, and try to start a class action lawsuit against people whose lives were upended by a tornado.

Be as pedantic as you'd like, it's easy to hide behind your keyboard and join the lynch mob. But instead of crying about it in private, you people choose to do it in a public forum.
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

ldeveraux wrote:
TooBeaucoup wrote: Yes, I referred to the entire situation as nonsense. Cry about it, I guess?
It is nonsense! It's nonsense that someone would buy something from an entity whose home base is a forum post. It's nonsense to then completely forget about that expensive purchase for almost 2 years. It's nonsense that after making that purchase, a person wouldn't bother registering for the forum where said thread exists to discuss their purchase. It's nonsense to finally join said thread, make threats, and try to start a class action lawsuit against people whose lives were upended by a tornado.

Be as pedantic as you'd like, it's easy to hide behind your keyboard and join the lynch mob. But instead of crying about it in private, you people choose to do it in a public forum.
I mean, you defend them to no end from behind your keyboard and other people criticize them. What's the difference? You could just as easily be confident in private that your consoles is going to show up someday.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

TooBeaucoup wrote: I mean, you defend them to no end from behind your keyboard and other people criticize them. What's the difference? You could just as easily be confident in private that your consoles is going to show up someday.
You act as if people HAVEN'T received anything. Sure it's moving slowly, but if you deny that anyone has received the UHDMI, you're deluding yourself and others to intentionally start a clusterf---. I'm defending them because there is ZERO evidence they have done anything other than have life get in the way of delivering gaming toys. You conspiracy theorist clowns have no legs to stand on so your only technique is to be louder than everyone else. Having the loudest voice doesn't in any way may you correct.
Jon8RFC

Post by Jon8RFC »

I've been enjoying my Wii (had Wii Dual installed) and N64 (had N64Digital installed) since November!

I forgot to post back then until the subject of the N64 came up this morning, so here I am!

I'm hoping the GC Dual does eventually get that update for saving directly to the SD card. I've seen multiple mentions of it in commits for swiss-gc, so it's been supported in a closed group for quite some time, but I can be patient for the bugs/support to be ironed out. I got my Atari Jaguar controller modded in late 2020 to play Tempest 2000, done by "THE" guy (I forgot his name) across the sea from the USA, but still haven't used it.

I'm slacking on giving attention to all of my old consoles for how much I thought I'd play them after upgrading them all. I think my hobby might actually be just upgrading consoles so that I can play them in a better manner, rather than actually playing them.
PULOVR

Post by PULOVR »

Ok, now how about a response to the rest of my post?
10mile

Post by 10mile »

PULOVR wrote:

Oh, and btw... (not my hand).

And one from yesterday (Jan 16, 2022).
!!

Great post but it raises more questions than it answers.

1) Who are you again?
2) Why are you on here rather than either of the brothers coming on and making a 30 second post to say the same thing?
3) Why did the brothers stop their use of the public spreadsheet when all signs point to that previously being their source of truth, their complete and thorough record of everything related to this group buy?
4) Nice lookin' pair of hands, do the brothers use moisturizer?

I'd just note that if the brothers had kept up a pace of even... 0.75 lines from that spreadsheet per day, I would've already had my N64 back (or an email in my inbox) well over a month ago, so the progress we're talking about must be very low.
PULOVR

Post by PULOVR »

1) Just a person waiting for a product they paid for, just like you.

2) I asked nicely when I had a chance to speak with them last, and they sent me the pics. I thought I should share them with everyone here. Maybe I'll keep it to myself next time.

3) Don't know. Remember though, of the 400+ kits that the google docs show as being completed/shipped, only around 2 dozen have been for the members here. The rest were mostly for Reddit users (I mentioned that in my previous post, which TooBeaucoup ignored).

4) How the f' would I know? lol

And for those of you that have sent in your console to be modded, if it helps put your mind at ease, I asked them what had happened to them (since some forum members have suggested that they probably sold them to help cover personal expenses... which imo, is just plain ole fear mongering). Anyway, here is the response I received.
I’ll get a pic of the consoles next time we are at the storage units but I’ve been there exactly once since November. I’ll try to get there soon but it’s difficult without a car of my own.
If/when I get that pic, I'll post it to this thread... or not.
Last edited by PULOVR on Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simoncino

Post by Simoncino »

Hello to everybody. I am in the group that firmware v1.09 has just been shipped.

Due to problem with eyes , i must sell all my consoles.

I am selling nintendo 64 with ultra pif universal interface and micro sd with all games, 4 joypads and a lot of games, just come back from mar. and j.ev.turn.
if anyone is interested mail me or pm me. thanks.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Simoncino wrote:Hello to everybody. I am in the group that firmware v1.09 has just been shipped.

I am selling nintendo 64 with ultra pif universal interface and micro sd with all games, 4 joypads and a lot of games, just come back from mar. and j.ev.turn.

Eye problems can be tough. Best of luck to you recovering or managing it!
PULOVR

Post by PULOVR »

ITS A FEW MONTHS SHORT OF A FUCKING YEAR since their tornado bs
I guess living in Southwestern Ontario makes you an expert when it comes to tornados, and the time it takes to recover from one? (not really a question) :|

Btw, I searched for "Newnan, Ga. tornado aftermath" to see what's happened down there since then, and here's a quick sample of what came up.

July 7, 2021
https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/newnan ... -4-tornado

October 22, 2021
https://www.11alive.com/article/news/lo ... 961fe703a1

December 24, 2021
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/coweta ... G3CRIYD64/

Yep, seems like things are back to normal for the people of Newnan, Ga.
skitals

Post by skitals »

PULOVR wrote:
ITS A FEW MONTHS SHORT OF A FUCKING YEAR since their tornado bs
I guess living in Southwestern Ontario makes you an expert when it comes to tornados, and the time it takes to recover from one? (not really a question) :|

Btw, I searched for "Newnan, Ga. tornado aftermath" to see what's happened down there since then, and here's a quick sample of what came up.

July 7, 2021
https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/newnan ... -4-tornado

October 22, 2021
https://www.11alive.com/article/news/lo ... 961fe703a1

December 24, 2021
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/coweta ... G3CRIYD64/

Yep, seems like things are back to normal for the people of Newnan, Ga.
BUT I WANT MUH VIDEO GAMES!

Seriously, people are disgusting. I wish they posted more updates, but this place turned seriously toxic a long long time ago. Nothing they said and no evidence they provided was ever good enough. I honestly can't blame them from largely ghosting us. I fully believe that when/if they get more units from Marshall they will continue plugging away at the spreadsheet. Until then there is literally nothing they could say or do to change any ones opinion, so why even bother.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

I love everyone here.
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

I don't know how to respond to this positive message other than responding with you're wrong and throwing out an insult.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

alucard971 wrote:I don't know how to respond to this positive message other than responding with you're wrong and throwing out an insult.
No that's not true. I'm just trying to lighten the mood dude.
strayan

Post by strayan »

Lopenator wrote:
alucard971 wrote:I don't know how to respond to this positive message other than responding with you're wrong and throwing out an insult.
No that's not true. I'm just trying to lighten the mood dude.
He knows that.

#Poe’sLaw
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

Oh yeah. Sorry.

:wink:
AbnormalAdept

Post by AbnormalAdept »

at this point i just want my money back. i rather get n64digital than deal with this
Marioj2m

Post by Marioj2m »

Simoncino wrote:Hello to everybody. I am in the group that firmware v1.09 has just been shipped.

Hy, Sorry ti hear your issue, but i am interested in buying the n64

Contact me, i live in Italy as well.
tim207

Post by tim207 »

A (negative) report about my experience having sent money to the Turners: I am #259 on the list, and have now asked for a refund via email 4 times and received no response. My first refund request was sent Oct 6 2021, request #2 on Jan 8 2022, request #3 on Jan 31 2022, request #4 on Feb 8 2022. They don't have a console of mine, and I originally told them they could subtract whatever fees Paypal might charge for refunding me from the amount returned. I believe refunding me would only require finding the correct transactions in paypal and reversing them, but even if it requires more than that, I suspect it is not an extremely time consuming task. Given my experience, I would not recommend sending money or consoles to the Turners for new/additional orders. I also wonder where my money is. If I receive a refund, I will update my post.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

Who’s pumped to start our 6th month with no contact, no updates, and no units shipped? Just another week or so to go <3