UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Kez

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by Kez »

sanfordseven wrote:Does anyone have a good source for me getting my hands on a N64Digital kit since I don’t feel confident I’m gonna see this UltraHDMI kit soon. Before I die, whenever it’s my turn I hope to figure this out. Hope all of you are safe and healthy.
It's easy to miss info in this thread! But a few pages back Dan offered to help secure a N64Digital to anyone who is verifiably in the group buy (e-mail them from an e-mail address that matches the spreadsheet). To be clear, as there seemed to be some confusion about this, you will still need to pay for the N64Digital and it doesn't affect your group buy status - PixelFX are not affiliated with the group buy and have no responsibility to the people who are a part of it.
citrus3000psi wrote:Regarding us supplying kits to group buy:
James wanted us to supply many more N64D kits on our first batch in July but it just was not feasible at the time. This 2nd batch we will have many more units and can help anybody on the group buy get a single kit if they were on the list before 2021. Contact Pixel FX through pixelfx.co with your email used to sign up for the group buy/your info and we will help you secure a N64Digital.
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

Spoiler
sanfordseven wrote:I went through a serious battle with COVID a few weeks ago, even though vaccinated. Thankfully things turned around for me, although I’m dealing with some tough post-COVID issues including Myocarditis, fatigue, major chest pains, etc. At one point during my ordeal, trying to think humorously I imagined that my UltraHDMI kit shipped from the group buy and once I was feeling well again I could throw that bad boy into my N64 and play some WCW vs NWO with my 8 year old son, on my Sony 65” X900H TV…

Unfortunately, the 104° fever was influencing my imagination. Laughter is the best medicine.

In all seriousness, oh how I wish this group buy would have turned out more positively. I’ve been sitting on my N64 for a couple years now waiting for my prepaid kit, but I’m not sure what to think anymore. Before my COVID hit, I was scheduled to be in the Newnan, GA area and hoped that a visit might help me expedite something. Frustrating…

Does anyone have a good source for me getting my hands on a N64Digital kit since I don’t feel confident I’m gonna see this UltraHDMI kit soon. Before I die, whenever it’s my turn I hope to figure this out. Hope all of you are safe and healthy.
1. Covid is nothing to joke about. I have a few family members that are recovering and a few friends who just found out their family has it. I wish you the best and hope you have a quick recovery.
2. Following up with Lopenator and Kez (good info guys): you stated you joined the group buy sometime in February 2020. You are #185 on the list. Those units have been assigned and will be shipped soon. I have no clue when that will be or if it will happen. I'll see if I can find out when I deliver this circular saw here soon.

So that leaves a hard choice: wait for the Ultra HDMI to be shipped, hope to survive and secure a N64Digital release which is hopefully in the next few days, or email Dan directly to see if he can get you on the next batch. If you end up getting a N64Digital, James will send you an email for your decision when your number comes up. You can ask for a refund then. You can also ask him to install the N64D if you need to. Turn around on that will be much quicker than the Ultra. If Dan can't secure you a N64D via email and you're stuck fighting for one online, make sure you create a user account and fill in any payment info you have before release date. PayPal had some rough waters day one, so I would suggest CC. That's how I secured mine. But I'm hoping the store backend has improved a bit since last launch.

Wish you the best of luck. Make sure to teach your 8yo how to play WCW vs NWO properly and how wrestling was way better than today's wrestling!
Last edited by alucard971 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glx

Post by glx »

#185 is supposed to be covered by the batch that was received in march (was that in may?). I'm 187 and counted the number of units received vs number ordered above me and I was well inside the total number of units received.

Not sure why you think he's not in the current batch, there is even a serial number next to his name (and mine too).
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

glx wrote:#185 is supposed to be covered by the batch that was received in march (was that in may?). I'm 187 and counted the number of units received vs number ordered above me and I was well inside the total number of units received.

Not sure why you think he's not in the current batch, there is even a serial number next to his name (and mine too).
You're right. I meant next batch as in the next batch to go out. I'll edit it. But still remains true. Don't know when it's going to be shipped, he will still get an email from James regarding what he wants to do, and he still has to decide if he wants to go for the Ultra or the N64Digital.
dryja123

Post by dryja123 »

Dan posted in Discord earlier that the next batch of N64 Digitals will be massive and he expect them to last an entire day before they sell out. If you’re looking to get your hands on something that would be the route I go.
glx

Post by glx »

alucard971 wrote: You're right. I meant next batch as in the next batch to go out. I'll edit it. But still remains true. Don't know when it's going to be shipped, he will still get an email from James regarding what he wants to do, and he still has to decide if he wants to go for the Ultra or the N64Digital.
I'm hoping it's soon, seems like there's been more movement than usual on the list in the last 2 days. Looks like emails have been sent up to #172.
shoobopper

Post by shoobopper »

Just stopping by to say I received my refund with a discounted installation fee and will now be in line to get an N64Digital.
There was a lot of fear mongering in this thread that had me worried but the brothers pulled through despite their unfortunate circumstances.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

shoobopper wrote:Just stopping by to say I received my refund with a discounted installation fee and will now be in line to get an N64Digital.
There was a lot of fear mongering in this thread that had me worried but the brothers pulled through despite their unfortunate circumstances.
What number are you?
bahamutfan64

Post by bahamutfan64 »

Is this no-cut piece compatible with HW2 in a Pikachu console? https://laserbear.net/shop/ols/products ... -nocut-mod

The page says it has not been tested with a HW2, but I don't know if there are any physical differences between HW1 and 2 which would cause incompatibility...
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

PULOVR

Post by PULOVR »

10mile wrote:
Joearmy96 wrote:When I start my company I would provide all of that information except account numbers if I’m doing a group buy, but that’s just me. I’m going back to school for business management. So I can run my business. I would also have a website of my own with all pertinent info.
just quoting this for posterity/hilarity
Glad to see that I wasn't the only one to notice how funny that statement was.

As for the people that keep asking to see a POF (proof of funds) statement.... the Tuners are trying to get financial help from SBA Disaster Loan Fund (as mentioned by them shortly after the tornado hit)... some food for thought... publicly posting a POF, or even personally acknowledging the amount of money taken in from this GB, and then posting that information here, could potentially jeopardize their application/approval process. (just thinking out loud)
RIP-Felix

Post by RIP-Felix »

PULOVR wrote:As for the people that keep asking to see a POF (proof of funds) statement.... the Tuners are trying to get financial help from SBA Disaster Loan Fund (as mentioned by them shortly after the tornado hit)... some food for thought... publicly posting a POF, or even personally acknowledging the amount of money taken in from this GB, and then posting that information here, could potentially jeopardize their application/approval process. (just thinking out loud)
Proof of group-buy funds is unrelated to their loan approval process for personal property. I read through the information they provide and it's pretty straightforward.

SBA disaster loan assistance is to help 'small businesses, homeowners and/or renters recover property they lost as a direct result of the diaster. For renters, it would apply to clothing, cars, appliances, and furniture.' An SBA inspector is supposed to come out and estimate the cost of the "disaster damage." I'm not sure what all qualifies or what they had damaged, but it has nothing to do with what they didn't loose. Namely, the kits, customer consoles, workshop, or equipment. And for that reason they shouldn't qualify for an SBA "small business" loan. They "might" qualify for a loan as a renter, if they lost qualified personal property. Their undamaged personal property and account balances are besides the point.

EDIT: But I agree this would be a valid conversation to have with their bank when also asking about how to provide POF. Again, they just need to have a sit down with their bank rep to work out the best way to handle this situation. Maybe the bank has a better way to do it than the letter I found. IDK, but they (the bank) should.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Why do people keep bringing up this proof of funds like there's a chance it will happen? Show me one post in the thread where the brothers bothered to reply to the request, or dignified it with a response. Argue all you like, it's a free country, but you're just spitting into the wind.
Titwaah

Post by Titwaah »

Kez wrote:
sanfordseven wrote:Does anyone have a good source for me getting my hands on a N64Digital kit since I don’t feel confident I’m gonna see this UltraHDMI kit soon. Before I die, whenever it’s my turn I hope to figure this out. Hope all of you are safe and healthy.
It's easy to miss info in this thread! But a few pages back Dan offered to help secure a N64Digital to anyone who is verifiably in the group buy (e-mail them from an e-mail address that matches the spreadsheet). To be clear, as there seemed to be some confusion about this, you will still need to pay for the N64Digital and it doesn't affect your group buy status - PixelFX are not affiliated with the group buy and have no responsibility to the people who are a part of it.
citrus3000psi wrote:Regarding us supplying kits to group buy:
James wanted us to supply many more N64D kits on our first batch in July but it just was not feasible at the time. This 2nd batch we will have many more units and can help anybody on the group buy get a single kit if they were on the list before 2021. Contact Pixel FX through pixelfx.co with your email used to sign up for the group buy/your info and we will help you secure a N64Digital.
Does the spreadsheet have email addresses listed? I can't see any and ordered mine through the link I was emailed this morning.

I'm worried it might get cancelled if my email address doesnt match my email address that I can't see anywhere on the spreadsheet haha.
Kez

Post by Kez »

Ah I'm not sure, I also can't see an e-mail on the spreadsheet. Sorry, I just assumed based on Dan's comment that they were referencing the spreadsheet.

They may have a list of their own that they are working from, or something else. Anyway if you are at the point where you have made the order I wouldn't worry about it.
skykiller30

Post by skykiller30 »

Search your sent box(es) to see what email you used to reach out to the Turners. That is what i did, i just searched his email address. I was able to purchase a N64D board from Dan (I am number 278 on the spread sheet) My N64 digital is in the mail. So excited. I am still holding out for the UltraHDMI though. When i get it I will buy a second N64 install it and probably sell it.

Also those of you that are freaking out and being mean on this thread, you need to chill. lol
skitals

Post by skitals »

Big brain tells me if they emailed you the link to order a N64D, that is the email they have on their list :idea:

Just ordered mine, I appreciate the offer very much.
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

If you plan on buying an N64Digital this Sunday, note there was a slight price increase due to part cost. PixelFX split the difference, so its only a $10 difference. Not a deal breaker at all.

https://twitter.com/PixelFXco/status/14 ... 25280?s=19
Kithron

Post by Kithron »

Is there any way of James contacting me in the future? I want to change from UltraHDMI to N64Digital and James still has my N64 that I shipped to him and at 341 for the spreadsheet.
Wanted to bring it up to his attention.

Got in contact with Dan to see if I could get on the list but I can wait a bit.
alucard971 wrote:If you plan on buying an N64Digital this Sunday, note there was a slight price increase due to part cost. PixelFX split the difference, so its only a $10 difference. Not a deal breaker at all.

Fatal
Banned User

Post by Fatal »

alucard971 wrote:
Spoiler
Lethal wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen such a pathetic attempt to downplay a situation. You rant on about how my opinion (you deem it "trolling") means nothing and is so terrible yet you keep typing paragraphs in response evidently after shitting your pants in anger. So who are you trying to fool exactly? The same two other dumbasses in your circle jerk drinking the same braindead kool-aid as you? It certainly isn’t me or any other external viewer likely face palming after reading your poorly cobbled together replies. How ironic that you would cite my response time as some shitty justification for your half baked conclusion of what my life entails when in reality your recent terrible takes masqueraded as retorts have been made significantly faster in response (time stamps don't lie bud). Since you seem so interested in my personal life though, I won't bother giving you any details about it. I'll let you continue to stew in your sad sack shit pile of over used desperate generic internet insults. I know you were a marine and the bar to entry is pretty damn low but I at least had some hope that even a mouth breather like you could muster something better. I'm nearly as disappointed now as I was seeing you stoop to being a grammar nazi despite the significant illiteracy rate in "the corps".

In conclusion I'll simply repeat what I have to your butt buddies previously. You willingly CHOOSE to read my posts. If you don't like them then CHOOSE not to. The choice and power to do so are all tools any basic functioning individual has at disposal in their tool chest. ldeveraux claims he has ignored me. Why can't you do the same snowflake?
What kind of moron are you? You really can't read. Let me type this out in bold letters so you can understand.

I AGREE WITH YOUR OPINION

on some things. The one thing I can't get with you on is you are really drawing straws and being an asshole for no reason. You keep trying to make it look like I'm angry. I just went downstairs, cooked some dinner, and now I am watching The Good Life on Netflix. Played some Brawlhalla with my nephews and am about to go get a shower. Something you should probably do. And yes, trolling is when you exacerbate a situation to bring attention to yourself and seem superior. I don't need to give an example because every post you do is exactly that. You try to keep calling us *brain-dead, but you are the only one who doesn't know the simple definition of objective or bias. You don't put a spoiler tag on your replies so we have to go through a wall of text just to read what you say (which is cancer by the way). And you keep bringing up the Marine Corps like it does something to me. I still have done way more than you. Seen more than you have. Have had a far greater experience than you will ever have. Also, I get a pretty sweet check every month. You won't say what you do because you don't do shit. You are a waste of space. And since you haven't given a shred of evidence of what you do and haven't denied living in your parents basement, I am going to assume you do just that.

Regarding the time stamps, you are mostly right. I did have the last couple of days off. But if you look back there was a time when I took a long break. Said nothing. Check those time stamps out. Also, check out your amount of posts over mine. Yeah, bud, you have verbal diarrhea. It does nothing but make everyone in this forum groan because they see you post CONSTANTLY. You get so butt hurt seeing someone commenting. You are the only one mad here and keep trying to say everyone else is, deflecting again. Everything you say is absolutely garbage. I take that back, at least some garbage has a use and can at least be recycled. "Sad sack shit pile"? Another good one by Lethal Shakespeare.

Now I am going to repeat exactly what you just said.
You willingly CHOOSE to read my posts. If you don't like them then CHOOSE not to. The choice and power to do so are all tools any basic functioning individual has at disposal in their tool chest. ldeveraux claims he has ignored me. Why can't you do the same snowflake?
Follow your own advice, Alice. Otherwise, I might think you have a crush on me.
For starters I'll post how I want to. I'm not here to cater to your cry baby bullshit moaning like a bitch about what I type. Secondly, simply not denying your generic over used tired baseless allegations doesn't make them true. Has it ever occurred to you that seeing you endlessly whine might be amusing to me? If not, now you know. I also have no damn clue how you can claim to agree with me yet state that everything I type is "garbage" within the same few sentences. Do you make it a habit to agree with garbage? Sounds like a personal issue. Your contradictions are getting nearly as bad at the brothers now. It's as if you’re in a race to bottom to see which turd is the least shiny when taking logic into consideration. Maybe make an appointment to see your marine therapist. You can work out your mommy and daddy issues at the same time killing two birds with one stone. Pretty rich that you'd tell me to "take my own advice" when it's not at all relevant or applicable to my position. Yet another logic fail. You're the one moaning like a bottom about my posts. Repetitively begging for me to stop. Where as I actually find your posts entertaining in a car crash sort of way and not once have I told you to stop much less beg for you to do so. Might want to rethink your strategy there champ. Alas, you can claim you don't care all you want and provide a list of basic mundane tasks you do in your everyday life in attempt to distract, (none of which I could give two shits about by the way) but it's abundantly clear my posts trigger you and you've been blowing off steam on multiple occasions in response. If that wasn’t the case, you wouldn't be so salty in your nearly instantaneous responses. Like I've said already, I don't hide from confrontation and I reply to all posts referencing my user name. If you don't like it then either don’t reply to me or start utilizing that tool box I mentioned because I'm going to keep on truckin regardless of how much your band of fools being taken for a ride cries about it.

And yes for the record I did actually create a second account just now so you can finally sleep at night knowing that. Unlike the cowardice brothers and yourself I admit to and take accountability for my actions rather than hiding in the shadows pretending that problems will just go away on their own if you avoid them long enough.
Fatal
Banned User

Post by Fatal »

Ghegs wrote:Alright, let's take a breather. Image spamming, fishing for reactions and wild off-topicness ends here.
Imagine being such an illogical coward that instead of banning those running a ponzi scheme scam on a website you moderate and the puppets blindly supporting it you instead take the ball-less easy way out and censor the whistleblower exposing what’s taking place. Until now I didn’t think it was possible to be this logically backwards. Must have something to do with living in a socialist country where bringing attention to corruption will have your life line of benefits cut off.
Fatal
Banned User

Post by Fatal »

SonicAdvDX wrote:A Proof of Funds letter might sound like a simple enough idea if you're assuming that these guys went above-and-beyond with their financial preparation, and created a stand-alone checking account explicitly for no other use than storing these funds...

I think it's far more likely the case that all of the money exchanged throughout this process has been messily co-mingled into their personal checking account(s), which probably has had other funding sources like day-job paychecks and eBay sales being added to it, and has probably also been facing abnormal subtractions by surprise expenses incurred during the natural disaster they're still failing to recover from. I'd highly doubt their current financials are as simple as "Here's the amount people paid to us, subtract the amount we paid to Marshall, and here's a POF for an account showing that exact difference"; and because they're just a pair of hobbyist individuals and never pretended to be real 'entrepreneurs running a standard business model,' I don't think that should be much of a surprise, or taken a sign of bad faith.
What do you know? Another bullshit excuse to avoid accountability to customers. You know the state of affairs has far surpassed ridiculous when the scam brothers don’t even have to defend themselves because they have the same 3-4 white knights blindly running to their aid to do so for them.
Fatal
Banned User

Post by Fatal »

ldeveraux wrote:How many times do you people have to make the same request before you take the hint? Will it take getting banned again to finally comprehend you've gotten the answers already? Here's my summary:

1. You won't get any financial reports
2. This wasn't a profit making venture
3. People are getting shipping notification.

This will answer 99% of the most related questions that the vocal minority of you still insist on harping on with.
How many times do mouth breathers like you need to be told that excuses are no longer valid and customers want answers for this dumpster fire? Don’t like it? Then stop choosing to read the thread…
Fatal
Banned User

Post by Fatal »

Syntax wrote:Why is it so hard for some to realize that Dan offered the people that got ripped off in this group buy a priority position in the next N64 Digital batch.

He is not offering a trade or refund on an inferior product sold by another company.
It’s about as hard as you realizing that the N64 digital “offer” doesn’t compensate anyone for the money they already sunk into this ponzi scheme scam. People want what they paid for not a substitute that costs additional money while they lose the investment they already made.
Fatal
Banned User

Post by Fatal »

ldeveraux wrote:
Joearmy96 wrote:How is it an invasion of privacy all they have to do is block out sensitive information. I always thought it was common sense. But that’s my opinion. It also seems everybody was charged for the DAC’s weather we wanted to get them or not. And I believe we should not be paying for them to be selling something we paid for. That’s the only logical reason I can seem to come up with as to why there are so many extra DAC’s.
For the reasons already explained multiple times by multiple people. It's none of your business, because this wasn't part of their business. I'm sure they put all the funds into a personal account or otherwise stashed it somewhere and only kept track of who paid and how much.

If it's not a big deal to you, put your proverbial money where your mouth is and provide a document about yourself. Or about your business. The tables turn pretty quickly don't they..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is our business since it’s our money. They clearly misappropriated the funds and have been dodging anyone asking for proof otherwise. If they have nothing to hide then it should be easy to provide the requested documents. You continuing to make excuses on their behalf only strengthens this fact as does your irrelevant failed attempt at whataboutism.
Fatal
Banned User

Post by Fatal »

ldeveraux wrote:Why do people keep bringing up this proof of funds like there's a chance it will happen? Show me one post in the thread where the brothers bothered to reply to the request, or dignified it with a response. Argue all you like, it's a free country, but you're just spitting into the wind.
They didn’t “dignify” it with a response because they’re too busy hiding like cowards because the truth has been exposed and rather than manning up and coming clean they think that avoiding the situation will make everything go away. Not everyone is still willing to accept a thousand excuses and a new “emergency” every month when it’s time to answer the bell as to where their money went.
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

Didn't read a word of it, Lethal. Don't have to. You obviously have a mental deficiency.
juji82

Post by juji82 »

I just received 2 days ago my N64 digital from James, I was n. 157 in line.
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

Kithron wrote:Is there any way of James contacting me in the future? I want to change from UltraHDMI to N64Digital and James still has my N64 that I shipped to him and at 341 for the spreadsheet.
Wanted to bring it up to his attention.

Got in contact with Dan to see if I could get on the list but I can wait a bit.
Spoiler
alucard971 wrote:If you plan on buying an N64Digital this Sunday, note there was a slight price increase due to part cost. PixelFX split the difference, so its only a $10 difference. Not a deal breaker at all.

At the moment, they are going down the list. Whenever they get to your number in line they will ask you if you want a refund. Until then, the email he posted on the origin of this thread will work. It will take some time to get to it as I'm sure they are being destroyed with various other emails right now, but it will be answered. Julian will also occasionally update everyone on this forum and will go through and read responses. He will reply to you then in his mass update post.
Fatal
Banned User

Post by Fatal »

alucard971 wrote:Didn't read a word of it, Lethal. Don't have to. You obviously have a mental deficiency.
Of course not because just like the scam brothers who you openly fellate at any possible opportunity you choose to hide from the problems you create for yourself through incompetence.

It's the same old tired song and dance. Excuse, excuse, deflect, avoid, rinse, repeat. You read like a book just like they do and you know you can't logically refute my position because there is no valid justification for this mess of a scam that's taking place.