UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
strayan

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by strayan »

Is it safe to roll back to an earlier firmware?

The latest firmware appears to have broken compatibility with my GBS-C when it’s set to output 480p
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

Dizzny wrote:Wow. Thank you, I didn't know I should have done that. Now can I get an answer from someone who isn't a complete tool, maybe someone who knows something other then Miss Keyboard commander over here?
Sorry. Everyone is a little on edge here lately.

You're right. Seems the list was last updated 9/17 (last date I could find on there). I have a few questions about a monitor I snagged off of them so I'll see if I can ask about getting an update on it. No new serials were assigned though if that's the question you were asking.

I'll ask about the list and if there would be any problem downgrading the firmware for Strayan.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Dizzny wrote:Wow. Thank you, I didn't know I should have done that. Now can I get an answer from someone who isn't a complete tool, maybe someone who knows something other then Miss Keyboard commander over here?
It's clear you didn't read the past few pages of the thread. If you had, you'd see responses from people who have received their device. Do your own reading, don't come in here and ask people to do things for you that you're perfectly capable of doing yourself. Miss Keyboard commander... I can think of a couple things wrong with that off the bat.
strayan

Post by strayan »

alucard971 wrote: I'll ask about the list and if there would be any problem downgrading the firmware for Strayan.
Cheers
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

alucard971 wrote: I'll ask about the list and if there would be any problem downgrading the firmware for Strayan.
Want to ask about the refunds that are being ignored for over 3 months also messenger boy?
command-tab

Post by command-tab »

Syntax wrote:Want to ask about the refunds that are being ignored for over 3 months also messenger boy?
My understanding from following along is that they're moving down the list and offering a refund or shipping your kit as they get to your row.
Awesome N64 Development: https://n64.dev
Twitter: @command_tab
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

So a refund takes the same effort/time as an install?

That's not how refunds work hey.

The brothers just seem stupid and lazy at this point.

Lets compare for a moment.

I recently purchased a N64digital kit from PixelFX, the post was expensive @$100 and I messaged PixelFX asking if it could be reduced somehow.
Dan emailed me back in less than half a day, went and changed my post preference and refunded the difference into my paypal.
How many other emails do you think he received that day but still managed to sort me out in less than 12 hours?
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

Syntax wrote:So a refund takes the same effort/time as an install?

That's not how refunds work hey.

The brothers just seem stupid and lazy at this point.

Lets compare for a moment.

I recently purchased a N64digital kit from PixelFX, the post was expensive @$100 and I messaged PixelFX asking if it could be reduced somehow.
Dan emailed me back in less than half a day, went and changed my post preference and refunded the difference into my paypal.
How many other emails do you think he received that day but still managed to sort me out in less than 12 hours?
Ok. Do something about it then. Call PayPal. Call your lawyer. Call the police. Call your credit card company. Call your mom. Let me know what they say.

I'll wait.

When you're done complaining about the same refund topic we continue to go around and around about like a broken record, PixelFX and this group buy are two different sale models. Dan runs a business that already has established web functionality and he has systems in place that make it easy. He has sold many products in the past already and he sells in small manageable amounts. This group buy is 851 minimum people at once without a strong backend. It's literally just one guy with a Google spreadsheet. All the previous rounds were successful because they were small. They bit off more than they can chew this round. That part is definitely on them. They are managing it the best they can without screwing either them or their customers.

Everyone had access to the spreadsheets. Everyone could see how short the last rounds were and how large this one was growing. Yet you threw money at a stranger on the internet anyways. Everyone demanded they get added on the list because it was the only way at the time to get this HDMI mod for N64. That is on you. They work late night after late night, even after a natural disaster that ripped them out of their house to get the product out. People are continuously replying they are getting their consoles, their refunds, thanking the brothers. So where is the scam? How are you being cheated? Because you want your money now? Youre 483 on the list. You'll wait from Jan 17th to 3 months ago to start complaining about refunds? That also seems right in line with the 2nd batch of N64Digitals... so because a better, more available product comes you finally decide you want your money back. The only boy here is you with how immature you're acting.

So once again, just like I tell everyone, if you feel you are being scammed, call someone and get your money back. Don't sit here and act like a child calling people names for attention. That's not going to magically get your refund.
Last edited by alucard971 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

strayan wrote:Is it safe to roll back to an earlier firmware?

The latest firmware appears to have broken compatibility with my GBS-C when it’s set to output 480p
Unfortunately, the firmware cannot be downgraded that they know of. However, 1.10 is under testing and should be coming out pretty soon. Hopefully that will fix your issue as well as the in game reset feature.
strayan

Post by strayan »

Sweet, thanks for checking with them alucard! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

lol, yep, IGR is broken with this firmware too, just checked.
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

alucard971, you are under the impression I was dumb enough to get into this gb.

I knew from the start the dev(s) were hiding its flaws and had no idea how to fix them, as well as the hardware limitations. I'm here for the lols and feel sorry for the people suckered into this that have to wait in line for a refund.

Pretty sure Dan started his company and designed and manufactured boards for multiple systems in the time this gb has taken place.

I'm just using him as an on topic comparison of someone who gets shit done.

Had I been silly enough to be conned into this gb, well, you'd have 2 Lethals in the thread.
skitals

Post by skitals »

Syntax wrote:Pretty sure Dan started his company
Wow, you might be on to something. So you are saying you might get better customer service from a COMPANY versus some strangers on the internet hosting a group buy, unaffiliated from the devs/manufacture?

And there is a quicker turnaround when you purchase an in-stock item from a COMPANY, versus sending your money to some strangers on the internet to try to encourage a lazy dev to develop and manufacture a product that doesn't exist yet?

Good on you for understanding the difference between buying an in-stock item from a company and a group-buy. If more people understood the difference we wouldn't have so much FUD here.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

Syntax wrote:alucard971, you are under the impression I was dumb enough to get into this gb.

I knew from the start the dev(s) were hiding its flaws and had no idea how to fix them, as well as the hardware limitations. I'm here for the lols and feel sorry for the people suckered into this that have to wait in line for a refund.

Pretty sure Dan started his company and designed and manufactured boards for multiple systems in the time this gb has taken place.

Had I been silly enough to be conned into this gb, well, you'd have 2 Lethals in the thread.
No need to insult literally everyone on the thread.
Arathel

Post by Arathel »

@alucard971, I'm hoping you can assist me since you seem to have a line of communication with the brothers.

I've gotten a hold of a N64Digital, I've also been allocated a serial number for an UltraHDMI on the spreadsheet, so I'm assuming they'll be working on mine at some point in the near future.
I sent them an email asking for a PO box or forwarding address, so I can send them the board to install, if they're still happy to install N64Digitals.
This should also free up an extra UltraHDMI board for someone else.

If you could let them know next time you talk to them, hopefully they can send me the details. If not, no worry, I may just end up with both xD
Arathel

Post by Arathel »

Syntax wrote:alucard971, you are under the impression I was dumb enough to get into this gb.

Funny, there must be another Syntax who joined the group buy :roll:
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Lopenator wrote:No need to insult literally everyone on the thread.
Agree to disagree
strayan

Post by strayan »

If you can’t insult anyone and everyone at any opportunity on the internet, are you really free?
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

strayan wrote:If you can’t insult anyone and everyone at any opportunity on the internet, are you really free?
U rite.
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

Syntax wrote:Here here!

https://youtu.be/BiqDZlAZygU?t=405
U rite.
skitals

Post by skitals »

Freedom of speech protects you from the gubermint, not from being called out by peers for being a jerk. It's an equally important part of public discourse.
Arathel

Post by Arathel »

skitals wrote:

Freedom of speech protects you from the gubermint, not from being called out by peers for being a jerk. It's an equally important part of public discourse.
This. People use Freedom of Speech as an excuse to say whatever, but that's not what it's for :lol:
Dizzny

Post by Dizzny »

ldeveraux wrote:
It's clear you didn't read the past few pages of the thread. If you had, you'd see responses from people who have received their device. Do your own reading, don't come in here and ask people to do things for you that you're perfectly capable of doing yourself. Miss Keyboard commander... I can think of a couple things wrong with that off the bat.
Clearly you can't read. Everyone has read the past posts. I asked about the update to the spreadsheet. Keep your keyboard commander answers to yourself.
Last edited by Dizzny on Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dizzny

Post by Dizzny »

alucard971 wrote:
Sorry. Everyone is a little on edge here lately.

You're right. Seems the list was last updated 9/17 (last date I could find on there). I have a few questions about a monitor I snagged off of them so I'll see if I can ask about getting an update on it. No new serials were assigned though if that's the question you were asking.

I'll ask about the list and if there would be any problem
downgrading the firmware for Strayan.
Thank you for a non-tool answer. I like many would really appreciate updated excel spreadsheet.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Dizzny wrote:Thank you for a non-tool answer. I like many would really appreciate updated excel spreadsheet.
You came here in 2020 to join a group buy, completely forgot about it, came back demanding to be heard. So sorry we're not willing to bend to your BS.
Dizzny

Post by Dizzny »

ldeveraux wrote:
Dizzny wrote:Thank you for a non-tool answer. I like many would really appreciate updated excel spreadsheet.
You came here in 2020 to join a group buy, completely forgot about it, came back demanding to be heard. So sorry we're not willing to bend to your BS.
Anyways, yet another tool answer. No one asked you. I asked a simple question and got a tool answer. Finally got a decent answer, and yet you feel the need to add to the tool one. Good for you. And no, I didn't forget about anything. I have been quite active on the Facebook group, I just did not ask anything in this site because of toxic smart azzed answers like this one
dryja123

Post by dryja123 »

Dizzny wrote:Any Updates? Spreadsheet hasn't moved in months
Sadly, the responses you got for asking your question are the same responses that keep spinning around here for the past few months. What you’ve read since you asked the question is basically where we’re at today.

A few people have gotten some kits.
Some people are asking for refunds.
Nothing really from the group buy organizers.
Some white knights and some disgruntled participants and observers.

I caught you up.
strayan

Post by strayan »

Nevermind, I was wrong. GBS-C just needed a reboot :roll:
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

strayan wrote:

Nevermind, I was wrong. GBS-C just needed a reboot :roll:
That's one thing I noticed about the GBS-C. It's a bit finicky. For instance, one time I couldn't get video out of it at all. I tried rebooting, reinstalling firmware, checking solder connections, different consoles... it refused to show video. It showed the web UI though.

How I fixed it? I unplugged it for about 3 days. Started right up.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

When's the next jumble of nonsense from the brothers supposed to drop? We're about due