UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
10mile

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by 10mile »

HolyWhip wrote:We'll all be here 5 years from now still discussing these theories.

Whatever picture evidence that dude got above was probably his gear when it first arrived. So he's standing right next to your console? Why no offer to send a pre-paid box to him so he can send it back to you, why no offer to send you your money back?

I'll tell you why, it's a sham and if you even did talk to him, he's covering for his bro and trying to sew the seeds of confusion to buy even more time, hoping this whole thing just fades away, people stop bothering them, and they can get on with their lives. If you corner them, anything they say will be to get to that end. It'll be excuses out the ass. Textbook behavior of sleezebags that owe money they don't got.
fully agree

hawaplop

Post by hawaplop »

I’ve got a family of six to feed and rely on modding kits like this to support them. They took $1300+ of my money and have ignored my emails for 1 1/2 years. I’d be glad to join any legal team to get them to at least even admit publicly that they stole our money.
getreal720

Post by getreal720 »

Here's something for all you crybabies

I considered, for a decent bit, to join the round 7 group buy. I eventually decided not to. Mainly because I procrastinate about EVERYTHING, and habitually do not follow through on a majority of these "things I want but don't need". I'm the type of guy who will go to the store to browse the video game section, and usually end up buying nothing. Just because. Anyways. That is what happened here. I just didn't sign up.

Over the whole time this was going on, I simply watched. I decided, before I ever got a N64 kit, to get a PS1Digital kit (2nd round, missed out on the first round) from Dan Kunz @ BlackDogTech. I bought a DCHDMI (still never installed it), a GCLoader (Had it a year before I ever even owned a gamecube) and a PS1Digital kit. Just before the N64Digital kit launched, I managed to get an UltraHDMI kit from GameTechUS. I did also manage to get in the first round of N64Digitals and get one of those units.

I installed my PS1Digital kit, with an X-Station into my PS1 first. Then I did my GCLoader. Finally the N64Digital into my jungle green N64. I have not installed my DCHDMI kit, or my UltraHDMI kit yet.

This is all to say (and show)... I'm not someone who has no idea about any of these things. I've installed them. I've followed this thread for years. I've followed some of what I've seen of Julians activity outside of this post. This is what I have to say:

Most of you all really need to put this into perspective. I was personally screwed out of over $20,000 owed to me for work I did as a contractor doing software development. This went to court. There was a legal battle for almost 2 years. A scummy fortune 500 company just plain up and walked out on the check, simply because they knew they could. That represented MONTHS worth of work that I did, that I saw not a dime for. Time away from my family. Time spent extremely stressed, as this was a side job, on top of a regular full time job, time with house work falling behind, time with me having to pay to have my lawn cut because I simply didn't have time, time spent going on less sleep than I should have, time spent with me carrying extra (and expensive) insurance for this self employment.

Most of you aren't even "screwed" out of $200.

The brothers really did have their home leveled by a tornado. That happened. Julian really did have his car get crushed. He was injured in the whole mess.

I don't know what the deal is between him and his brother, or what his brother (James) is doing. I just don't. I do know that I've seen Julian listing items for sale on eBay including his PS1Digital console.

Do I have 100% proof this isn't some crazy, elaborate scheme? No. Do I REALLY think the plan from the get go was to go on doing this, without issue, for 6+ group buys only to culminate in the ultimate screwing of people in the 7th round? No.

If they made any mistake, it was allowing the 7th round to grow so large. Had they capped it at a much, much smaller number (within the realm of what the last few rounds were) then people would be on here bitching and griping that they missed out and that it was stupid and unfair. But. That is what they SHOULD have done. Taking in such a large amount of orders, cash, and consoles... just inflated the potential risk that ultimately played out in their home getting leveled and their lives turned upside down.

And although my own screwing wasn't at the hands of the Turners, even if they really did screw you (which I don't believe they did... I've not seen proof) not one single person on this list got screwed even close to as hard as I did.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

getreal720 wrote:Here's something for all you crybabies

I considered, for a decent bit, to join the round 7 group buy. I eventually decided not to. Mainly because I procrastinate about EVERYTHING, and habitually do not follow through on a majority of these "things I want but don't need". I'm the type of guy who will go to the store to browse the video game section, and usually end up buying nothing. Just because. Anyways. That is what happened here. I just didn't sign up.

Over the whole time this was going on, I simply watched. I decided, before I ever got a N64 kit, to get a PS1Digital kit (2nd round, missed out on the first round) from Dan Kunz @ BlackDogTech. I bought a DCHDMI (still never installed it), a GCLoader (Had it a year before I ever even owned a gamecube) and a PS1Digital kit. Just before the N64Digital kit launched, I managed to get an UltraHDMI kit from GameTechUS. I did also manage to get in the first round of N64Digitals and get one of those units.

I installed my PS1Digital kit, with an X-Station into my PS1 first. Then I did my GCLoader. Finally the N64Digital into my jungle green N64. I have not installed my DCHDMI kit, or my UltraHDMI kit yet.

This is all to say (and show)... I'm not someone who has no idea about any of these things. I've installed them. I've followed this thread for years. I've followed some of what I've seen of Julians activity outside of this post. This is what I have to say:

Most of you all really need to put this into perspective. I was personally screwed out of over $20,000 owed to me for work I did as a contractor doing software development. This went to court. There was a legal battle for almost 2 years. A scummy fortune 500 company just plain up and walked out on the check, simply because they knew they could. That represented MONTHS worth of work that I did, that I saw not a dime for. Time away from my family. Time spent extremely stressed, as this was a side job, on top of a regular full time job, time with house work falling behind, time with me having to pay to have my lawn cut because I simply didn't have time, time spent going on less sleep than I should have, time spent with me carrying extra (and expensive) insurance for this self employment.

Most of you aren't even "screwed" out of $200.

The brothers really did have their home leveled by a tornado. That happened. Julian really did have his car get crushed. He was injured in the whole mess.

I don't know what the deal is between him and his brother, or what his brother (James) is doing. I just don't. I do know that I've seen Julian listing items for sale on eBay including his PS1Digital console.

Do I have 100% proof this isn't some crazy, elaborate scheme? No. Do I REALLY think the plan from the get go was to go on doing this, without issue, for 6+ group buys only to culminate in the ultimate screwing of people in the 7th round? No.

If they made any mistake, it was allowing the 7th round to grow so large. Had they capped it at a much, much smaller number (within the realm of what the last few rounds were) then people would be on here bitching and griping that they missed out and that it was stupid and unfair. But. That is what they SHOULD have done. Taking in such a large amount of orders, cash, and consoles... just inflated the potential risk that ultimately played out in their home getting leveled and their lives turned upside down.

And although my own screwing wasn't at the hands of the Turners, even if they really did screw you (which I don't believe they did... I've not seen proof) not one single person on this list got screwed even close to as hard as I did.
Congrats. Welcome to the club of people with life issues.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

stopped reading here, rest looks like a classic turner bros novel full of nonsense. hope it works out for you bro.

man nevermind that actually has to be one of the bros. that's a ton of words to say absolutely fuckin nothing of consequence, in the exact same style as their previous posts. literally nothing. more childish nonsense. nobody cares about other random purchases you've made, anonymous forum poster. nobody cares that you were similarly scummed out of EVEN MORE MONEY!!!! somewhere else. that has to be one of the bros or at least someone with the same mental deficiency for sure.
hawaplop wrote:I’ve got a family of six to feed and rely on modding kits like this to support them. They took $1300+ of my money and have ignored my emails for 1 1/2 years. I’d be glad to join any legal team to get them to at least even admit publicly that they stole our money.
this sucks, $1300 is not an insignificant amount of money. hope we get some closure at some point
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

10mile wrote:
stopped reading here, rest looks like a classic turner bros novel full of nonsense. hope it works out for you bro.

man nevermind that actually has to be one of the bros. that's a ton of words to say absolutely fuckin nothing of consequence, in the exact same style as their previous posts. literally nothing. more childish nonsense. nobody cares about other random purchases you've made, anonymous forum poster. nobody cares that you were similarly scummed out of EVEN MORE MONEY!!!! somewhere else. that has to be one of the bros or at least someone with the same mental deficiency for sure.
hawaplop wrote:I’ve got a family of six to feed and rely on modding kits like this to support them. They took $1300+ of my money and have ignored my emails for 1 1/2 years. I’d be glad to join any legal team to get them to at least even admit publicly that they stole our money.
this sucks, $1300 is not an insignificant amount of money. hope we get some closure at some point
This is why I will continue to defend the brothers and block your stupid ass. In the same post:
"nobody cares that you lost $20,000"
then
"wow you lost $1300, that's a lot of money, my heart breaks for you"

Time and time again, you're a waste of fucking space. Go piss up a flagpole and stir the pot on some other board.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

ldeveraux wrote: This is why I will continue to defend the brothers and block your stupid ass. In the same post:
then

Time and time again, you're a waste of fucking space. Go piss up a flagpole and stir the pot on some other board.
Lul you didn't have me blocked already. L.

If you can't see the difference in relevance between someone who lost $1300 to the scam that this thread is centred on discussing, vs. some random guy telling us to be grateful because he lost SO MUCH MORE MONEY in a totally unrelated, irrelevant scam elsewhere... idk brah.

alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

Glad this forum hasn't changed. Zero communication from anyone with a clue and people still fighting to the death either for or against the brothers. Both sides without Ultra HDMI's.

NGL, kinda miss Lethal. At least they kept it entertaining.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

Lethal is still here incognito
10mile

Post by 10mile »

rest assured his spirit lives on
dryja123

Post by dryja123 »

Just a reminder, Retro Game Repair Shop has had consistent stock on the Ultra HDMI for 7 months now.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

Proud of this group for making it this far. One day at a time, boyos.

HolyWhip

Post by HolyWhip »

How does one attach an image on here?
Tried an "imgur" link but wouldn't show it...
getreal720

Post by getreal720 »

10mile wrote:

I assure you, Mr 10mile, I am not one of the turner twins or whoever lethal is.

I can also assure you that "it worked out" for me, but getting screwed out of over $20,000 still stings. I worked many long, frustrating hours on a software product for a F500 company that deals in selling wireless / telephony communication devices. They simply decided to not pay the final bill, because they knew they could bleed it out in court and while they'd never win... they could ensure we would never be able to last long enough to win either. They screwed the contracting group I was working with out of well over 1M dollars. Around 50 of us total. My face value bill was $20K. With interest, late fees... ect.. (if the court would have allowed / awarded it) would have pushed that well up over 30K.

It was a side job. But again. Time spent working instead of being with my spouse and very young daughter. Time spent running low on sleep. Time spent with my other duties piling up around me. All for the hope that I'd be able to bankroll a bit of financial security for me and my family. So that in the event I couldn't work, my daughter wouldn't have to go without food, or heat, or water.

So perhaps my statements were a bit brash, calling everyone "crybabies". But at the same time, a good many people are out somewhere between $150-$200. Even losing that much would suck. I get upset if I misplace a $20 bill or $50 bill. I get it. I guess my point is more that its very hard for me to wrap my mind around people thinking this was all one big elaborate scheme. That the tornado was fake. That the brothers have all the kits, and consoles, and money... and are just laughing it up knowing everyone is just "screwed".
getreal720

Post by getreal720 »

10mile wrote:
ldeveraux wrote: This is why I will continue to defend the brothers and block your stupid ass. In the same post:
then

Lul you didn't have me blocked already. L.

If you can't see the difference in relevance between someone who lost $1300 to the scam that this thread is centred on discussing, vs. some random guy telling us to be grateful because he lost SO MUCH MORE MONEY in a totally unrelated, irrelevant scam elsewhere... idk brah.

While I will agree they are unrelated, and I'm sure you wont care about this point either, at least I am 100% sure in my case that it was outright fraud driven by a bunch of C-Level pricks who's intent was solely to be as scummy as they can be, knowing full well they'd get away with it.

The only "justice" I ever got was that most (and I think now all) of those "C-Level" pricks who were involved did get fired. Doesn't really make me happy. I'm still out my 20K+ and they all probably had and got their golden parachutes when they got canned. They will all go on to other C level positions elsewhere, making high six figure salaries, and find some other way to be scum sucking pricks.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

getreal720 wrote:I guess my point is more that its very hard for me to wrap my mind around people thinking this was all one big elaborate scheme. That the tornado was fake. That the brothers have all the kits, and consoles, and money... and are just laughing it up knowing everyone is just "screwed".
I'm just picturing the brothers in a dark cave with capes on laughing maniacally with each other.
HolyWhip

Post by HolyWhip »

Last edited by HolyWhip on Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
HolyWhip

Post by HolyWhip »

One more
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

HolyWhip wrote:Image
Which game is this from?
10mile

Post by 10mile »

tybg
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

At least we all have each other.

Well, you guys have each other. I have no horse in this race.
Well, you all seem to hate each other just as much as you hate the brothers.

The Brothers...
Wait a minute...
Spoiler
BOGGED AGAIN
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

I love everyone here.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

What should we do to celebrate the one year anniversary of silence? Only one month away :idea:
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

Let's give the brothers more money!
10mile

Post by 10mile »

Lmao forgot to check the thread but great answer ^^^

Happy one year everybody <3
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

10mile

Post by 10mile »

All I want for Christmas…. is my N64 back with the ultrahdmi that I paid for <3

- Mariah Carey
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

I'd prefer my money back. Hopefully it was put to good use though.
Last edited by Lopenator on Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperSpongo

Post by SuperSpongo »

fernan1234 wrote:
Which game is this from?
Very late to the party, but oh well: Mortal Kombat 4? :D
Wirewizard

Post by Wirewizard »

Lopenator wrote:Let's give the brothers more money!

Oh Wait.... they already have...