UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
ldeveraux

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by ldeveraux »

skitals wrote:So you think Julian is using the pseudonym of... his brother. Because you posted a twitter link to a photo of Julian. Julian looks nothing like James. Since you have 3 brain cells between all of you I will illustrate.

This is Julian Emmett Turner aka CZroe:

This is Julian Emmett Turner referencing his non-identical brother:

This is James Evans Turner aka Ichinisan:
As one of the few people from this thread I haven't blocked, I saw your post and wondered what the hell was going on here. Then I realized it's probably just stupid people acting like babies and I couldn't be bothered to read backwards for context. I wonder why the brothers don't post here anymore....
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

ldeveraux wrote:
skitals wrote:So you think Julian is using the pseudonym of... his brother. Because you posted a twitter link to a photo of Julian. Julian looks nothing like James. Since you have 3 brain cells between all of you I will illustrate.

This is Julian Emmett Turner referencing his non-identical brother:

This is James Evans Turner aka Ichinisan:
As one of the few people from this thread I haven't blocked, I saw your post and wondered what the hell was going on here. Then I realized it's probably just stupid people acting like babies and I couldn't be bothered to read backwards for context. I wonder why the brothers don't post here anymore....
Has absolutely nothing to do with the ~$60,000 worth of kits they haven't delivered I am sure.

Just mean people on the internet being unreasonable.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

Honestly... this post is pretty based. I withdraw my previous comment. I guess if we're gonna h8 on them we may as well be accurate about it. The turner bros are the "take $60,000 and run" type of scum, not the NFT type of scum <3

kinda mad I wasted that 007 pic now
flipsideaut

Post by flipsideaut »

robertwhamm wrote:James is publicly very active on linked in and twitter about the NFT project he works for as a 'community builder' - if only he could spare a couple hours of his day to type up another great word salad sob story to string us all along for another year.

What a great community builder he is.
Wow this makes it even worse to me. i thought the brothers where just offline due to personal issues, but this makes me really angry too. I told my little son for 2 years now we will play N64 on big screen via HDMI after we finished soldering and im tired of postponing it. will get a kit somewhere else and consider my 150€ as gone with the spare cable.

Sad story was so positive the last 2 years but now im just dissaappointed by the brothers.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

flipsideaut wrote:
robertwhamm wrote:James is publicly very active on linked in and twitter about the NFT project he works for as a 'community builder' - if only he could spare a couple hours of his day to type up another great word salad sob story to string us all along for another year.

Wow this makes it even worse to me. i thought the brothers where just offline due to personal issues, but this makes me really angry too. I told my little son for 2 years now we will play N64 on big screen via HDMI after we finished soldering and im tired of postponing it. will get a kit somewhere else and consider my 150€ as gone with the spare cable.

Sad story was so positive the last 2 years but now im just dissaappointed by the brothers.
So you'll believe the crybaby dimwit with an axe to grind instead of the person who proved that same crybaby misidentified James?
Kithron

Post by Kithron »

Was expecting the N64 that I wanted to have the UltraHDMI installed gone along with the money I paid for it to be missing as well at this point.

Been waiting for over a year now and don't expect to get it back anytime soon, just going to write it off as a loss now.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

This is what everyone has done. If you haven't yet you're holding onto dreams. Turners took the money and consoles and ran.
flipsideaut

Post by flipsideaut »

ldeveraux wrote:
flipsideaut wrote:

So you'll believe the crybaby dimwit with an axe to grind instead of the person who proved that same crybaby misidentified James?
no i dont believe anything at this point. waiting for over 2 years here with hundrets of people, seeing PixelFX selling the kit for 400+ usd on ebay and the turners dont even bother to write any update here.
the faith is pretty lost at this point i have to admit.
Is there any chance for us here to get/even buy a Digital64 kit or are they all gone too already?

BR Flip
command-tab

Post by command-tab »

flipsideaut wrote:Is there any chance for us here to get/even buy a Digital64 kit or are they all gone too already?
A while back in this thread, Dan Kunz at PixelFX (aka @citrus3000psi aka Black Dog Tech) offered to make available one N64Digital kit to each person on this waitlist. It would be worth getting in touch and see if that offer still stands. New N64Digitals might be ready in June (https://twitter.com/citrus3000psi/statu ... 1386627073), so if that is the case, perhaps you can get one in that upcoming batch.
Awesome N64 Development: https://n64.dev
Twitter: @command_tab
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

Dan Tweeted out a few days ago that he thought he'd have some N64 Digital kits ready to put up for sale in June. Limited amounts, obviously. I'd give him a follow there.
Golastian

Post by Golastian »

I was interested in joining this, I guess I am lucky I didn't.

I can't tell if this has been added to this thread, but I thought it might be worth informing people:

(Julian Emmett Turner aka CZroe youtube channel video where he comments about the issue from a few months ago now)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWQxu-KVZ0Y
Derek
So are you ever going to refund my money or respond to my emails?

Emmett Turner
Sorry, but I am merely the installer and have no idea who you are. I was never the email guy either so I presume it’s my brother who has not responded. If you have emailed me please know that I barely even use personal email except for the things that require it so I do not typically check and reply. I will be searching for “Derek” once this reply is finished but, again, I’m not the one who can help with that other than to tell you what’s going on with my brother.

The disaster has left me injured with limited transportation among other difficulties but I don’t want to concern people with those details so I will likely be editing this reply soon. My brother is out of the country to finish business that was interrupted by the pandemic while he was gone last year. He has left so much on my plate that I can’t even begin to look into it without quitting my job… so I’ve already turned in my resignation. Last day is the 15th. Don’t know how I will resolve the transportation/living situation without taking a huge leap like this so that I can get rid of everything and close the storage units/workshop that collectively cost more than rent ever did.

What I have done in my brother’s absence is continue performing installs for the consoles that have come through since he left… only three since he left Nov 20th. It’s going to be rough but things are still moving slowly.

In case you thought this SNES repair was a distraction from the group buy, this very console was for an UltraHDMI group buyer who got his consoles done at the same time. “Shoebopper,” if I remember correctly. Even then, I am throttled by my brother. I believe the best course of action for me is to repair, mod, and sell as many of our personal consoles as possible while waiting for the next group buyers’ N64s.

Derek
I’m sorry you’ve been in such a difficult situation. Maybe it was your brother who I was communicating with. The email was jevansturner. I think it’s just the lack of communication that’s been frustrating. I sent $200 almost a year ago and starting asking for a refund back in early July through email and Venmo but never received a response.

Emmett Turner
I totally understand. I tried to help with the public communication so he could focus on getting through the list but he demanded that I stop. It was making things worse because some would distort everything I said with bad-faith misrepresentations. I haven’t even looked at the thread since because I know I wouldn’t be able to hold my tongue.

Yes, Evans is my twin brother. Substitute “emmett” in there (three Ts in a row) if you need to email me but remember that I don’t check it regularly and may need a heads-up. :)

I’ll gladly send you my personal number if you need it.
(taken from youtube comments)
skitals

Post by skitals »

Golastian wrote: Emmett Turner
I totally understand. I tried to help with the public communication so he could focus on getting through the list but he demanded that I stop. It was making things worse because some would distort everything I said with bad-faith misrepresentations. I haven’t even looked at the thread since because I know I wouldn’t be able to hold my tongue.
Thanks for sharing. This is pretty much what I figured. When they stopped posting this thread was a complete s-show. Their house got leveled by a tornado the same time N64Digital was announced and there was a bank run looking for refunds. I didn't blame them at the time for going MIA, this place was toxic, but I hoped work on the g-b would resume quietly.

Marshall is just as guilty, IMO. He knows tons of people are on the line for his product. He could chime in and give an accounting of what has been paid for. There is lots of speculation where the money is, but it's possible the kits are paid in full and Marshall just hasn't delivered yet.

All I know is unless shipments resume or refunds start going out, there is no other "update" the brothers can give that would satisfy the trolls in this thread.
dryja123

Post by dryja123 »

Just tossing this out there, the Ultra HDMI v2 has been in stock for months at Retro Game Repair Shop. Yeah, it's $249 but you could find 10% off coupons all over the place.

I know this doesn't help anyone that's currently on the list and who have paid. I hope this could help someone if they're still dead set on getting a kit that's in stock.

https://retrogamerepairshop.com/collect ... 6507744428
capsule01

Post by capsule01 »

I am not a part of this community :cry:
Last edited by capsule01 on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

capsule01 wrote:Placed and paid for a kit order mid-2020. Requested a refund in January 2021. Still no sign of it.

I will survive losing $130 but on principal, I can't help but feel duped. This has changed the way I deal with communities; no matter how tight-knit and passionate they are.

I will never understand how people can sleep with so many people wanting their product and or money back. Overall very disappointing display of humanity here.
I feel bad for everyone here that thinks they've lost money, I'm starting to believe it myself. But you're not part of this community, you have 6 posts, all in this thread.
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

If anyone cares, Dan got a small amount of N64 Digital kits finally and will be putting them up for sale near the end of June. He said he should have some safeguards in place to thwart bots or scalpers. Follow PixelFX on Twitter.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

ldeveraux wrote:
I feel bad for everyone here that thinks they've lost money, I'm starting to believe it myself.
One of us, one of us
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

hell yaaaImage
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

Set your alarms

Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

Anyone get a digital?
capsule01

Post by capsule01 »

I am not a part of this community :cry:
Last edited by capsule01 on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

Get your posts up bruh
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

capsule01 wrote:
ldeveraux wrote: I feel bad for everyone here that thinks they've lost money, I'm starting to believe it myself. But you're not part of this community, you have 6 posts, all in this thread.
Ah. Yes. That's the problem. If only I had posted more. If only I had endoctrinated myself into the community. Then, and only then, would you sympathize with me.

Maybe the Turner brothers would have sent me a refund already if I had just posted more.

Tragic
Ok good luck in the future
SkysLastChance

Post by SkysLastChance »

Imagine thinking any of us left are going to get a UltraHDMI HW2 kit or refund.
Life is simple make decisions and don't look back.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

SkysLastChance wrote:Imagine thinking any of us left are going to get a UltraHDMI HW2 kit or refund.
I hope nobody does at this point. I just hang out here because I love the troll comments.
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

So awkward moment where I eat my words and suck it up and say that your console and hundreds of kits are actually in the brothers hands.

I have spoken with Julian who has provided me with proof of not only my console still existing in the original packaging I shipped it in, but also a treasure trove of ultra hdmi kits in their possession.

The bottleneck here is on James who was the man primarily running the show not allowing Julian to proceed with completing orders.

I have no idea why or what the issue is between the Two but I have offered to help in any way possible with the situation to see if we can’t push this thing across the finish line.

I don’t want to be the sole squeaky wheel that gets greased. I want everyone to be made whole in this.

I’ll keep you guys updated.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

robertwhamm wrote:So awkward moment where I eat my words and suck it up and say that your console and hundreds of kits are actually in the brothers hands.

I have spoken with Julian who has provided me with proof of not only my console still existing in the original packaging I shipped it in, but also a treasure trove of ultra hdmi kits in their possession.

The bottleneck here is on James who was the man primarily running the show not allowing Julian to proceed with completing orders.

I have no idea why or what the issue is between the Two but I have offered to help in any way possible with the situation to see if we can’t push this thing across the finish line.

I don’t want to be the sole squeaky wheel that gets greased. I want everyone to be made whole in this.

I’ll keep you guys updated.
At least if you're going to be a complete asshole for a year, we appreciate you sacking up and admitting you were wrong. Seemingly. Unless this is still just another red herring and you got played again, who knows anymore...
SkysLastChance

Post by SkysLastChance »

It's not hard to figure out. The money is gone and they don't want to pay (can't afford to) ship the units back now. :D Put your tin foil hats on, but It's only a matter of time before they start "re-selling" the kits somewhere else via another site or in person, or just dumping the kits in a dumpster somewhere. If they haven't started doing it already. >.<

I only paid for one install and never sent my N64. Which is nothing compared to some. I feel for the people that bought more and sent their console(s). There are people on list that paid thousands in advance. :/

It just sucks. What can we do though?
Life is simple make decisions and don't look back.
Golastian

Post by Golastian »

As I said earlier, I am an outsider with no involvement in this situation.

I don't get the impression the money is gone, I think everything is in stasis because James is now refusing to deal with the situation and has left the country.

James seems to be holding everyones money/gear hostage because of a few trolls on here. Julian still seems to open to communication outside of here though.

You need to organise some kind of group legal action against James to get everything returned. Julian should be forced to pick a side, either he cooperates in action against his brother or be classed as complicit in holding onto other peoples property. Having the local police turn up to discuss stolen property might be enough to kick them into doing something. Maybe the moderators here could sort something out so the brothers can return to posting and with a zero tolerance approach to trolling.

People here also need to learn to hold their tongues, none of this childish insult throwing or meme picture posting. In my eyes they share some (a very small amount) of the responsibility for this happening unfortunately.
HolyWhip

Post by HolyWhip »

We'll all be here 5 years from now still discussing these theories.

Whatever picture evidence that dude got above was probably his gear when it first arrived. So he's standing right next to your console? Why no offer to send a pre-paid box to him so he can send it back to you, why no offer to send you your money back?

I'll tell you why, it's a sham and if you even did talk to him, he's covering for his bro and trying to sew the seeds of confusion to buy even more time, hoping this whole thing just fades away, people stop bothering them, and they can get on with their lives. If you corner them, anything they say will be to get to that end. It'll be excuses out the ass. Textbook behavior of sleezebags that owe money they don't got.

I'd love to see their faces if someone finds out where they sleep and shows up at the front door to ask for their money back, preferably appearing as a violent bookie.