UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
TooBeaucoup

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by TooBeaucoup »

10mile wrote:Who’s pumped to start our 6th month with no contact, no updates, and no units shipped? Just another week or so to go <3
DON'T BE SO ENTITLED!!!!! :lol:
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

10mile wrote:Who’s pumped to start our 6th month with no contact, no updates, and no units shipped? Just another week or so to go <3
Dude honestly I can't wait. I love this thread and I love the energy here! Woohoo for the brothers!
hawaplop

Post by hawaplop »

It’s just confusing why people who have assigned serial numbers aren’t getting them. It’s been two years of waiting for either a refund or the kits. It’s upsetting that it seems the well-known modders either all received their kits or refunds too - why were they more special?
cavemanghost

Post by cavemanghost »

hawaplop wrote:It’s just confusing why people who have assigned serial numbers aren’t getting them. It’s been two years of waiting for either a refund or the kits. It’s upsetting that it seems the well-known modders either all received their kits or refunds too - why were they more special?
I ordered through reddit but have been watching this thread for some time and finally decided to post. I've had a serial number assigned for MONTHS and nothing has shipped to me nor have any of my emails gone answered.
HolyWhip

Post by HolyWhip »

I can't help but pop in here from time to time to assess the situation.
From what I remember things seemed off before the tornado hit. Of course things only got worse after. I have to say I got my kit sometime after the tornado, after the big reseller on the list, so there was some effort to square up. They could have easily forgotten about me like everyone else on the list, but they did make some honest effort and got me the kit, and email followed up to make sure I got it. I probably got my kit because they had it on hand, and if they started liquidating kits somewhere else, people would find out and there would be proof of theft.

I don't think they went into round 7 with bad intentions. Initial delay was Marshall not giving a shit, then a tornado struck them. They prob used the funds for necessities and figured insurance would get them back - but then it didn't happen, or more expenses piled up. It's easy to see the moral high-road where we're standing, but you don't know what kind of bad choices you'd make when your situation gets dire. Now they have to double down on ghosting because the money is gone and everyone's consoles have been sold to pickers. It's gotten to the point of no return, much like people find themselves in with credit card debt. Like now ppl who lost their $ and hardware are the creditors calling them up, but they're not answering. I remember my mom avoiding those calls when I was a kid. She wasn't a criminal, just irresponsible with money and shouldn't have been trusted with those kind of credit limits. But those cc companies are predatory, whereas we're just guys who like N64. Anyway that's my theory.
skitals

Post by skitals »

HolyWhip wrote:I can't help but pop in here from time to time to assess the situation.
From what I remember things seemed off before the tornado hit. Of course things only got worse after. I have to say I got my kit sometime after the tornado, after the big reseller on the list, so there was some effort to square up. They could have easily forgotten about me like everyone else on the list, but they did make some honest effort and got me the kit, and email followed up to make sure I got it. I probably got my kit because they had it on hand, and if they started liquidating kits somewhere else, people would find out and there would be proof of theft.

I don't think they went into round 7 with bad intentions. Initial delay was Marshall not giving a shit, then a tornado struck them. They prob used the funds for necessities and figured insurance would get them back - but then it didn't happen, or more expenses piled up. It's easy to see the moral high-road where we're standing, but you don't know what kind of bad choices you'd make when your situation gets dire. Now they have to double down on ghosting because the money is gone and everyone's consoles have been sold to pickers. It's gotten to the point of no return, much like people find themselves in with credit card debt. Like now ppl who lost their $ and hardware are the creditors calling them up, but they're not answering. I remember my mom avoiding those calls when I was a kid. She wasn't a criminal, just irresponsible with money and shouldn't have been trusted with those kind of credit limits. But those cc companies are predatory, whereas we're just guys who like N64. Anyway that's my theory.
What happened was the N64Digital was announced and the UltraHDMI instantly became less desirable. There was a bank run the day N64D was announced with people requesting refunds. They were initially entertaining refunds (even though it is completely unnecessary in a group-buy if they intend on seeing the g-b through). They were losing a ton of money on paypal fees. Then they started getting attacked non-stop when they WERE posting regular updates. I was overwhelmed for them just watching on the sidelines.
HolyWhip

Post by HolyWhip »

skitals wrote: They were losing a ton of money on paypal fees.
I don't know if I buy that. Wouldn't any seller ever just say: "The refund will be the amount you paid minus paypal fees"? Why would they even entertain eating the cost?
They didn't even have to go through paypal, they could have just sent checks in the mail.

No that money vanished, and it wasn't because of paypal fees. No way. Not even that many refunds were given that we know about.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

HolyWhip wrote:
skitals wrote: They were losing a ton of money on paypal fees.
No that money vanished, and it wasn't because of paypal fees. No way. Not even that many refunds were given that we know about.
Yeah that's pure fucking conjecture that you should be ashamed of yourself for even typing. The truth is that people received their kits and people received refunds. Anything else is your speculation.
HolyWhip

Post by HolyWhip »

Says the guy whose been white knighting and looks dumber every passing day for trying to keep up the facad that this thing is still on track or that not that many ppl got burned. Take a look at the spreadsheet and feel ashamed of what you just said. Nobody believed you then, and they certainly aren’t now. Do the people who got ripped off and lost their hardware a favor and just get off of this thread. Tired of your BS.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

HolyWhip wrote:Says the guy whose been white knighting and looks dumber every passing day for trying to keep up the facad that this thing is still on track or that not that many ppl got burned. Take a look at the spreadsheet and feel ashamed of what you just said. Nobody believed you then, and they certainly aren’t now. Do the people who got ripped off and lost their hardware a favor and just get off of this thread. Tired of your BS.
You're absolutely worthless here. You're selling mob mentality to the mob and a year too late. You're contributing absolutely fucking nothing to this conversation except to jump on the bandwagon. "Hey guys I just calculated that we're not getting our units, you can all thank me now." That's 2 of your 7 posts that are total bullshit. Don't get upset with me that your plan to rally the troops went over like a lead balloon. Do your research before posting nonsense and I won't have to prove you wrong moron. Did you see the list of delivered products? No, you ignored it. Did you see the short list of refunds granted? No you're wilfully blind. The absence of news is not a license to create your own. piss off.
HolyWhip

Post by HolyWhip »

The truth is that people received their kits and people received refunds. Anything else is your speculation.
That is half the truth. The other half you fail to mention: People lost their hardware, lost their money, got ignored / ghosted. Roughly lines #200 to #500 on the spreadsheet indicate a lot of hardships were felt.
So you're saying your speculation is better than mine? At least I have the spreadsheet and real people's posts to go off of. What do you got? Show it?

If you had any credibility in what you're pushing here - There wouldn't be stuff like this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/n64/comments/t ... o_silence/

in addition to all the posts you're ignoring on this exact forum.
For the few early refunds, the brothers stated they were eating the paypal fees. Why would they ever? People wrote offering to absorb the fees (sensible???) - Get ghosted. Textbook behavior of ppl who owe money they don't have.

"They still have 3-4 people in there who defend them and say everything is fine and people need to be patient and even if they steal the money it's not a big deal because that's the risk of a group buy."
You wouldn't know anyone like that would you?
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Cool our old friend Lethal is back to harass people, add to the block list, move on..
Vidarr2000

Post by Vidarr2000 »

New to the forum, but I’ve read every comment. Does anyone have any recent experience with how long refunds are taking? I’m considering cancelling both of my orders.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

Vidarr2000 wrote: I’ve read every comment.
Then you already know the answer to your question fam. Your email will go unanswered, like mine when I requested a refund about a year ago. Take a seat and get comfortable.

Here's an N64 themed post to keep us all on topic <3

TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

Vidarr2000 wrote:New to the forum, but I’ve read every comment. Does anyone have any recent experience with how long refunds are taking? I’m considering cancelling both of my orders.

No one knows. There are people who claimed to have gotten a refund pretty quick and others who have had emails go unanswered for months. You can certainly send an email, but I definitely wouldn't expect a reply any time soon.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

That N64 themed post was pretty nice. Could we have another?
wiseguy902

Post by wiseguy902 »

I submitted payment on 8/27/2020 and requested a refund on 2/22/2021 (along with 14 times periodically since then). I have not received an UltraHDMI, refund or a response to any of the emails that were sent. I submitted a dispute with PayPal. PayPal won't allow disputes if the transaction is over 180 days old, which I am well past. However, if PayPal gets enough complaints they may do something. I also submitted complaints with the following agencies. Not sure if anything will come of it since the purchase was made from an individual and not a business but if they get enough complaints they might act.

Georgia Office of the Attorney General - Georgia Consumer Protection - Consumer Complaint Form
FTC
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center IC3
10mile

Post by 10mile »

Sorry for the delay, each image takes approx. 5000 hours in ms paint. I invested time in more advanced techniques to give this image some authenticity as well. Bon appétit!

Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

10mile wrote:Sorry for the delay, each image takes approx. 5000 hours in ms paint. I invested time in more advanced techniques to give this image some authenticity as well. Bon appétit!

:lol: I'm crying!
terzdesign

Post by terzdesign »

I pop in every now and then hoping that the rest of the group buyers have been taken care of. I got my couple of kits a year ago at this point so it's sad to see that things have not progressed in a positive direction.

Has anyone bothered to contact paypal and see if the account they brothers were using is active/has funds in it? I doubt they would straight up tell you a balance but maybe they would give a yes or no answer of available funds.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

We're chilling. I think most of us have accepted that the brothers bounced with the money and now we're just stuck here shitposting for all time.

Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

Amen
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

Last edited by robertwhamm on Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

robertwhamm wrote:James is publicly very active on linked in and twitter about the NFT project he works for as a 'community builder' - if only he could spare a couple hours of his day to type up another great word salad sob story to string us all along for another year.

What a great community builder he is.
James is a bozo. So is the other one.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

robertwhamm wrote:James is publicly very active on linked in and twitter about the NFT project he works for as a 'community builder' - if only he could spare a couple hours of his day to type up another great word salad sob story to string us all along for another year.

LOL fuck really?! That makes it so much worse. Ah well.
skitals

Post by skitals »

That is not the same James Turner. They don't look even remotely similar. Were you assuming there is only one James Turner in the world? How Many of Me.com guesstimates there are approximately 7k people named James Turner in the US alone.
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

Last edited by robertwhamm on Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

That is the same person.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

lul skitals going and looking up name statistics just to be so fuckin wrong. that's awesome. thanks for coming out

skitals

Post by skitals »

So you think Julian is using the pseudonym of... his brother. Because you posted a twitter link to a photo of Julian. Julian looks nothing like James. Since you have 3 brain cells between all of you I will illustrate.

This is Julian Emmett Turner aka CZroe:

This is Julian Emmett Turner referencing his non-identical brother:

This is James Evans Turner aka Ichinisan: