UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Lopenator

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by Lopenator »

robertwhamm wrote:I registered to this forum JUST to comment in on the shit show.

The book report sob story updates ... The lack of comminication ... The funds are 100% gone and more than likely the consoles that were sent in (including mine).

Should everyone still waiting for an update join together and take these bros to small claims court just for the hell of it?
I would love too if I thought it would work, trust me. Unfortunately, I think it's a lost cause my dude. Only idiots send money and consoles to strangers on the interweb.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

robertwhamm wrote:I registered to this forum JUST to comment in on the shit show.

The book report sob story updates ... The lack of comminication ... The funds are 100% gone and more than likely the consoles that were sent in (including mine).

Should everyone still waiting for an update join together and take these bros to small claims court just for the hell of it?
I registered here years ago JUST to ask you to actually read through this thread, not the first and last 2 pages. Folks have acknowledged receiving their UHDMI, the list is moving. It's taking too long but it's not dead, it's not a scam, they haven't stolen your money, they have granted many refunds at their own expense. Also did your business get upended by a tornado too?
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

ldeveraux wrote:

I registered here years ago JUST to ask you to actually read through this thread, not the first and last 2 pages. Folks have acknowledged receiving their UHDMI, the list is moving. It's taking too long but it's not dead, it's not a scam, they haven't stolen your money, they have granted many refunds at their own expense. Also did your business get upended by a tornado too?

Unfortunately I’ve read every single post in this shit show of a thread.

Before the tornado disaster this was already a disaster. The tornado situation was just a nice little toss in of breathing room for these two to keep people hanging for another couple years.

Our money is gone to personal expenses, 100%. There aren’t enough kits and Never will be to get through the orders. Our consoles are gone.

Thanks for the bleeding heart response though.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

The most generous but accurate enough way to characterize this whole tragicomedy is probably "scam by accident".
flipsideaut

Post by flipsideaut »

Im very sad tellin my son we still have to wait more, but i also understand the tornado situation which sure isnt easy.
Personally i would just love to get one update from the brothers here how the actual status is.

Would be very grateful to get an update, so at least i can tell my son any ETA and some hope that we will ever hold our UltraHDMI in our Hands.

Stay all safe here!
BR Flipside
jamisonia

Post by jamisonia »

When we moved here in 2019, the landlord (kinda my boss) did not provide a rental lease, so we could not get renter’s insurance.
I have no bias in this as I do have an HDMI modded N64 nor do I currently intend on getting on, however; this statement above is flatly untrue. One does not need to provide a lease to obtain renter's insurance. And let this be a lesson to any and everyone, GET RENTER'S INSURANCE. A lot of people don't even think of it.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

robertwhamm wrote: Our money is gone to personal expenses, 100%. There aren’t enough kits and Never will be to get through the orders. Our consoles are gone.
Oh woe is you. You have absolutely no proof of this, it's complete conjecture. You're jumping on the backs of other crybabies who are upset to have not received anything, and leap to the least logical conclusion that you'll never get anything. It's real easy to pull someone down with your pathetic gang mentality. If you could ever consider seeing things from a different perspective (the brothers) I'd bother arguing further, but you wasted your first post with lies and accusations. Way to contribute!

Since you claim to have read the entire thread, did you see anything about refunds? Or backers actaully getting their consoles back with the mod install? Of course not, you saw what you wanted, what fits your inane narrative that you're a victim. I'd feel so much more sympathy for your "loss" if you were an actual contributer to the forums, but you just came here to bitch. Take that shit to reddit pal, there are plenty of entitled people there to commiserate with.
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

ldeveraux wrote:
robertwhamm wrote: Our money is gone to personal expenses, 100%. There aren’t enough kits and Never will be to get through the orders. Our consoles are gone.
Oh woe is you. You have absolutely no proof of this, it's complete conjecture. You're jumping on the backs of other crybabies who are upset to have not received anything, and leap to the least logical conclusion that you'll never get anything. It's real easy to pull someone down with your pathetic gang mentality. If you could ever consider seeing things from a different perspective (the brothers) I'd bother arguing further, but you wasted your first post with lies and accusations. Way to contribute!

Since you claim to have read the entire thread, did you see anything about refunds? Or backers actaully getting their consoles back with the mod install? Of course not, you saw what you wanted, what fits your inane narrative that you're a victim. I'd feel so much more sympathy for your "loss" if you were an actual contributer to the forums, but you just came here to bitch. Take that shit to reddit pal, there are plenty of entitled people there to commiserate with.
I'm not in this fight, but, I'd say that considering some people have been waiting almost 3 years and the brothers can't even be bothered to check the forums more than once every 6 months, and have had a list of excuses, even before the tornado, not to mention plenty of other odd, head-scratching behavior and stories, is certainly plenty of circumstantial evidence to give people concern. While you could argue there's no definitive proof one way or the other, I'd certainly be more inclined to believe that many people won't be getting theirs versus getting them.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

Deveraux even you have to admit that 3 months without a post OR an update to the spreadsheet is unusual.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

10mile wrote:Deveraux even you have to admit that 3 months without a post OR an update to the spreadsheet is unusual.
Sure. But where's the "official" notification spot supposed to be for the group buy? It's clearly not here at Shmups, a guy that sent out his console 2 years ago just registered this week to lodge a very informal complaint. Is there supposed to be a Facebook group? A discord room? Email blast? There are people on "the list" that have never stepped foot in these forums. How are they meant to follow the status? There must be somewhere else these people are getting their info from, because it ain't here.

Did they say where this was at the start of the program? Did they say how often they'd update? I'm sure I'll be labeled contrarian again, but these seem like details that should have been clarified well before anyone sent money to some random supposed brothers on the internet. Given they appear to have no virtual home base, how did you people expect to follow through on this? You thought they'd magically ship everything on time? Blame them all you want, it won't make a difference. It takes 2 to tango, you all really should have secured some form of accountability before jumping into what sounds like a very expensive fire.
jamisonia

Post by jamisonia »

ldeveraux wrote:I'm sure I'll be labeled contrarian again
Def not a contrarian. An apologist at best. More like a simp.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Or the Ying to Lethal's Yang. We need to unban Lethal/Fatal to restore balance to the world.
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

ldeveraux wrote:
10mile wrote:Deveraux even you have to admit that 3 months without a post OR an update to the spreadsheet is unusual.
Sure. But where's the "official" notification spot supposed to be for the group buy? It's clearly not here at Shmups, a guy that sent out his console 2 years ago just registered this week to lodge a very informal complaint. Is there supposed to be a Facebook group? A discord room? Email blast? There are people on "the list" that have never stepped foot in these forums. How are they meant to follow the status? There must be somewhere else these people are getting their info from, because it ain't here.

Did they say where this was at the start of the program? Did they say how often they'd update? I'm sure I'll be labeled contrarian again, but these seem like details that should have been clarified well before anyone sent money to some random supposed brothers on the internet. Given they appear to have no virtual home base, how did you people expect to follow through on this? You thought they'd magically ship everything on time? Blame them all you want, it won't make a difference. It takes 2 to tango, you all really should have secured some form of accountability before jumping into what sounds like a very expensive fire.

Your logic for defending them is funny.

Since we don’t have proof (other than waiting years for a end product, MONTHS For even an update) we aren’t allowed to assume our shit is gone?

I’ll assume all day every day that my money and console is long gone. BUT if I get either my console & money back OR my console with the ultra hdmi installed I will gladly redact my statements.

I sent one of the brothers a message on linked in as a last ditched effort to contact them for an update. He saw the message and viewed my profile but decided not to respond.

This is entirely their fault, not a tornados fault or any other suppliers fault.

Also in response to your other comical comment I did read through everything and the excuse of processing refunds as they work through the list is hilarious. THEY WILL NEVER GET THROUGH THE LIST WITHOUT THE NEEDED HARDWARE TO COMPLETE CONSOLES OR IF THEY AREN’T EVEN WORKING ON THEM. Let alone with out the thousands of dollars that would be needed to process refunds that was spent on personal emergency expenses.

Welcome to reality.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

jamisonia wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:I'm sure I'll be labeled contrarian again
Def not a contrarian. An apologist at best. More like a simp.
This is the most accurate and true post I have read on this thread for the last couple years.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

robertwhamm wrote: Your logic for defending them is funny.

Since we don’t have proof (other than waiting years for a end product, MONTHS For even an update) we aren’t allowed to assume our shit is gone?

I’ll assume all day every day that my money and console is long gone. BUT if I get either my console & money back OR my console with the ultra hdmi installed I will gladly redact my statements.

I sent one of the brothers a message on linked in as a last ditched effort to contact them for an update. He saw the message and viewed my profile but decided not to respond.

This is entirely their fault, not a tornados fault or any other suppliers fault.

Also in response to your other comical comment I did read through everything and the excuse of processing refunds as they work through the list is hilarious. THEY WILL NEVER GET THROUGH THE LIST WITHOUT THE NEEDED HARDWARE TO COMPLETE CONSOLES OR IF THEY AREN’T EVEN WORKING ON THEM. Let alone with out the thousands of dollars that would be needed to process refunds that was spent on personal emergency expenses.

Welcome to reality.
All you make are assumptions and accusations. Go ahead, write off your money as lost. It affects nobody but yourself. You're sending them external messages because you're so entitled; YOU NEED AN ANSWER. Forget about the rest of the list. Forget about the people that received their kit. Forget about the refunds. Forget the setbacks, forget this is mostly on Marshall, forget the tornado. Forget about the fact that one brother posted miles of replies one day before I told him to chill out. But forget all that! You come first, you should be their priority!

If you messaged me on LinkedIn, I would ignore you too!
bahamutfan64

Post by bahamutfan64 »

When people have tried to contact the brothers, I don't think they necessarily demanded a response to THEIR MONEY per se, but more of a collective plea for "what's going on, there hasn't been an update in months." Even an update that says there are no new updates would help.

If people aren't allowed to say anything on here then what's the point of even having this thread? Why not just have a mod shut it down if no one is allowed to post anything that (a) select user(s) doesn't approve of?

On a personal note, I've certainly written off my money.
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

ldeveraux wrote:
robertwhamm wrote: Your logic for defending them is funny.

Welcome to reality.
All you make are assumptions and accusations. Go ahead, write off your money as lost. It affects nobody but yourself. You're sending them external messages because you're so entitled; YOU NEED AN ANSWER. Forget about the rest of the list. Forget about the people that received their kit. Forget about the refunds. Forget the setbacks, forget this is mostly on Marshall, forget the tornado. Forget about the fact that one brother posted miles of replies one day before I told him to chill out. But forget all that! You come first, you should be their priority!

If you messaged me on LinkedIn, I would ignore you too!
You’re right.

I can’t wait to get my console back in 60 years and play it in my death bed.

I’ll take the ignored attempts to reach out (by myself and everyone else in this mess), no updates in the Facebook group or this thread (created by the brothers), and no update to the spreadsheet in months as a sign of work being performed.
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

fernan1234 wrote:The most generous but accurate enough way to characterize this whole tragicomedy is probably "scam by accident".
This is a perfect.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

In seriousness, it actually happens more than you think. I forgot the statistic but a pretty large share of all non-corporate fraud starts as a legitimate business attempt. Basically people get into a combo of overreach and bad luck, grow their debt, and with a varying amount of awareness defraud one party or another trying to stay afloat and make up for it, but end up just getting buried deeper instead.
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

fernan1234 wrote:In seriousness, it actually happens more than you think. I forgot the statistic but a pretty large share of all non-corporate fraud starts as a legitimate business attempt. Basically people get into a combo of overreach and bad luck, grow their debt, and with a varying amount of awareness defraud one party or another trying to stay afloat and make up for it, but end up just getting buried deeper instead.
But remember this was never a business - just personal favors for hundreds of strangers on the internet equaling more than $100,000 in revenue.

So you can’t label it as fraud, right?

(Cue the scene from dumb and dumber where the guy unfolds the IOU for the lambo haha)
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

robertwhamm wrote: I’ll take the ignored attempts to reach out (by myself and everyone else in this mess), no updates in the Facebook group or this thread (created by the brothers), and no update to the spreadsheet in months as a sign of work being performed.
lol
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

Someone new needs to take one for the team, contact the brothers and offer them money to buy a kit and see if they get a response. If you get a response and are asked to send money, despite the spreadsheet, and this thread getting no recent update from the brothers, there's your answer. LOL!
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

So I am a little bored tonight and at this point find this comical - but I was taking a deep dive through this spread sheet and wanted to get a feeler for how much has been complete, refunded and remaining.

This isn't easy to do since they apparently stopped marking orders as paid or updating totals or refunds.. it's a mess (Take a look at the notes section in the below the 'must pay $130' line and see orders that have notes added as refunded but the spread sheet doesn't show them as ever being paid).

So we already know the total number of "sales" number I calculated off the paid column is wrong but we will just use it as a base...
The refunded number is calculated off the orders I saw in the sheet that had notes as refunded and also the stuff posted in this thread (which again I saw orders that were refunded that were never actually marked paid and one huge order that had been refunded partially but the total order amount was update to the new refunded balance.... I didn't want to go hunting through line by line so I just did this generously)... These are just rough numbers.

Total Money Received: ~$137,993
Total Kits Delivered: ~$66,163
Total Orders Refunded: ~$11,418

Remaining Orders To Be Fullfilled: ~$60,412

It looks like only about 15 console are accounted for as still being in their posession according to the spreadsheet.

What are the odds that after a tornado disaster, a dogs medical bills, absorbed paypal fees and clown college tuition that they have the funds to purchase enough kits to get through the rest of the list or refund us remaining folks?

I am going to say very slim. I would venture to say the kits were done and they didn't have money to buy them :|
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

robertwhamm wrote:So I am a little bored tonight and at this point find this comical - but I was taking a deep dive through this spread sheet and wanted to get a feeler for how much has been complete, refunded and remaining.

This isn't easy to do since they apparently stopped marking orders as paid or updating totals or refunds.. it's a mess (Take a look at the notes section in the below the 'must pay $130' line and see orders that have notes added as refunded but the spread sheet doesn't show them as ever being paid).

So we already know the total number of "sales" number I calculated off the paid column is wrong but we will just use it as a base...
The refunded number is calculated off the orders I saw in the sheet that had notes as refunded and also the stuff posted in this thread (which again I saw orders that were refunded that were never actually marked paid and one huge order that had been refunded partially but the total order amount was update to the new refunded balance.... I didn't want to go hunting through line by line so I just did this generously)... These are just rough numbers.

Total Money Received: ~$137,993
Total Kits Delivered: ~$66,163
Total Orders Refunded: ~$11,418

Remaining Orders To Be Fullfilled: ~$60,412

It looks like only about 15 console are accounted for as still being in their posession according to the spreadsheet.

What are the odds that after a tornado disaster, a dogs medical bills, absorbed paypal fees and clown college tuition that they have the funds to purchase enough kits to get through the rest of the list or refund us remaining folks?

I am going to say very slim. I would venture to say the kits were done and they didn't have money to buy them :|
This is the last thing I'll say before I block you. You came here simply to complain and stir the pot. You're following the same path as Lethal, you'd better tread lightly lest you also get banned.
bahamutfan64

Post by bahamutfan64 »

You're going to ban him for that?

Wow.

I mean, am I next? lol
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

ldeveraux is not a mod. Lethal got banned because he was relentless and posted too much. It's actually pretty hard to get banned here even if you're an obvious troll. Plus, nothing robertwhamm is unreasonable.
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

[i][quote]This is the last thing I'll say before I block you. You came here simply to complain and stir the pot. You're following the same path as Lethal, you'd better tread lightly lest you also get banned.[/quote][/i]

I wouldn’t have to be here to stir this motionless pot if we had any sort of communication from these brothers that have OUR collective money/consoles.

I need another sob story update to put my mind at ease.

Go ahead and ban me from here for just speaking out and pointing out some pretty blatantly obvious things. I’m not here because I’m selfish, I’m here for everyone that has been left in the complete dark FOR MONTHS by these dudes.

This is on them.
Last edited by robertwhamm on Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

fernan1234 wrote:ldeveraux is not a mod. Lethal got banned because he was relentless and posted too much. It's actually pretty hard to get banned here even if you're an obvious troll. Plus, nothing robertwhamm is unreasonable.
I'm certainly not a mod, nor am I even suggesting he be banned. But the crap he's spewing is almost parallel to He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. Questions > Unapologetic Accusations > Threats for Litigation > Unmitigated Defense Mode. Honestly, if this actually is that guy back for a 3rd stint at harrassment, he should be kicked off the internet!
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

Last edited by robertwhamm on Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deeb0

Post by Deeb0 »

Geez you're a goose, Robert.

Any extra strain on the brothers are not going to get things moving faster; you're just making us all wait longer.