UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Lopenator

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by Lopenator »

fernan1234 wrote:To issue refunds via Paypal it's necessary to have the corresponding amount in your Paypal account as "Paypal Balance". If the user payments were transferred out of the Paypal account into a bank account, or some other destination, then it would be necessary to deposit them back into the Paypal account which takes a couple of business days.

But it does take a minute to announce that a transfer request has been initiated and refunds will start in a few days. That's assuming that the funds are still available to be transferred.
You say days. Even so, it has been plenty of days lol. Have you noticed why the spreadsheet keeps updating? Doesn't seem like much has changed at all. I wonder how many people have successfully gotten their mods/refunds.

Regarding the people on the bottom of the list, I hope our money is not "gone".
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Lopenator wrote:
fernan1234 wrote:To issue refunds via Paypal it's necessary to have the corresponding amount in your Paypal account as "Paypal Balance". If the user payments were transferred out of the Paypal account into a bank account, or some other destination, then it would be necessary to deposit them back into the Paypal account which takes a couple of business days.

But it does take a minute to announce that a transfer request has been initiated and refunds will start in a few days. That's assuming that the funds are still available to be transferred.
You say days. Even so, it has been plenty of days lol. Have you noticed why the spreadsheet keeps updating? Doesn't seem like much has changed at all. I wonder how many people have successfully gotten their mods/refunds.

If the money is "gone" then that's 100% on Marshall. The brothers stood to make no profit on this group buy. They merely facilitated the agreement between you and Marshall. This wasn't a business venture, it was a ploy to partner everyone on that list together to entice Marshall to agree to supply you all with exactly what you asked for but couldn't get individually. Try to put blame where blame is due.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

I understand what I signed up for. Didn't really need to be reminded actually.

An update would be nice. That's all I was saying above, although at this point in time I'm not really expecting a refund.

No need to get snippy.
Last edited by Lopenator on Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

ldeveraux wrote:If the money is "gone" then that's 100% on Marshall. The brothers stood to make no profit on this group buy. They merely facilitated the agreement between you and Marshall. This wasn't a business venture, it was a ploy to partner everyone on that list together to entice Marshall to agree to supply you all with exactly what you asked for but couldn't get individually. Try to put blame where blame is due.
Sounds reasonable to "blame" them for biting more than they could chew. It's really surprising that there wasn't a much lower cap for the group buy.

Playing the blame game will be useless though. Let's just hope everyone will get what they want or close to it within a reasonable amount of time (kinda past the point of reasonable probably, but whatever is closer to it). Say what you will about Lethal, but his request for at least a time frame is totally valid.
capsule01

Post by capsule01 »

I am not a part of this community :cry:
Last edited by capsule01 on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Lopenator wrote:I understand what I signed up. Didn't really need to be reminded actually.

An update would be nice. That's all I was saying above, although at this point in time I'm not really expecting a refund.

No need to get snippy.
I wasn't at all trying to sound snippy. Your comment sounded to me like you thought the brothers had the money sitting in an account somewhere, refusing to make refunds. I don't believe that's the case? I'm sick of repeating this statement again and again to people who only believe what suits their narrative. Not saying it's you.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

ldeveraux wrote:
Lopenator wrote:

If the money is "gone" then that's 100% on Marshall. The brothers stood to make no profit on this group buy. They merely facilitated the agreement between you and Marshall. This wasn't a business venture, it was a ploy to partner everyone on that list together to entice Marshall to agree to supply you all with exactly what you asked for but couldn't get individually. Try to put blame where blame is due.

ldeveraux wrote:
Lopenator wrote:I understand what I signed up. Didn't really need to be reminded actually.

No need to get snippy.
I wasn't at all trying to sound snippy. Your comment sounded to me like you thought the brothers had the money sitting in an account somewhere, refusing to make refunds. I don't believe that's the case? I'm sick of repeating this statement again and again to people who only believe what suits their narrative. Not saying it's you.
Then maybe stop burying your head in the sand regurgitating the same tired nonsense and acknowledge the facts for a change?

It's pretty clear the brothers can't afford to issue refunds because they don't have the money. How that occurred is irrelevant and quite frankly just as much their fault for stringing people along while continuing to accept far more orders than they could realistically fulfill and then poorly managing how the money was spent. Now all the money is gone for kits they either don't have or are unable to ship and the buyer is left holding the bag.

That aside, since your their #1 fangirl, are you going to continue dodging my question about a timeline? You keep making claims about waiting/patience and placing blame on others yet have no basis as to what any of the garbage you type is formulated around. So I'm now asking you directly:

What is a reasonable time frame to expect this round be fulfilled in?

I fully expect you to continue deflecting. An answer would literally be shocking.
citrus3000psi

Post by citrus3000psi »

ldeveraux wrote:I wasn't at all trying to sound snippy. Your comment sounded to me like you thought the brothers had the money sitting in an account somewhere, refusing to make refunds. I don't believe that's the case? I'm sick of repeating this statement again and again to people who only believe what suits their narrative. Not saying it's you.

Is that the case? I sort of figured the Marshall did not have the money. If money was sent I would think there would be some ETA, even if its 2022 (which is the lead times Intel FPGAs have been showing for the past 5 months)
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

citrus3000psi wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:I wasn't at all trying to sound snippy. Your comment sounded to me like you thought the brothers had the money sitting in an account somewhere, refusing to make refunds. I don't believe that's the case? I'm sick of repeating this statement again and again to people who only believe what suits their narrative. Not saying it's you.

Is that the case? I sort of figured the Marshall did not have the money. If money was sent I would think there would be some ETA, even if its 2022 (which is the lead times Intel FPGAs have been showing for the past 5 months)
How can we be sure ldeveraux even knows what the case is? At this point it's all speculation.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Lopenator wrote:
citrus3000psi wrote:

How can we be sure ldeveraux even knows what the case is? At this point it's all speculation.
No that's a valid point. I'm only picking up what i remember reading in the thread. If it's wrong, then someone correct me. But that's what i remember CZRoe saying months ago, especially about them standing to make no profit, that it was never in the plans.
RIP-Felix

Post by RIP-Felix »

ldeveraux wrote:
Lopenator wrote:Your comment sounded to me like you thought the brothers had the money sitting in an account somewhere, refusing to make refunds. I don't believe that's the case?
I got the sense that they were only paying Marshall with funds in an escrow account (entrusted funds specifically for that purpose - and that purpose only). That's what I was getting at with my questions for CZroe on the last page.

They need to make profit from somewhere. That workshop isn't paying it's own rent! Be it console installs, cable mods, or a slight markup in UltraHDMI sales, they need revenue to cover overhead. And the escrow account is not revenue! Using entrusted funds for anything other than the purpose for which they were given is the definition of embezzlement. A word I have been very careful to avoid using. Accusations are running rampant and I don't want to feed that fire.

However, perhaps it's time for Proof Of Funds (POF). For example, when someone writes you a check you can call the issuing bank and give them the name/account routing numbers. Then you can ask them to confirm if the account has sufficient funds to cover the check. That's a good way to avoid bouncing fees or getting screwed. Investors routinely ask for POF. It's not an unreasonable thing to ask for.

Given their personal misfortune it's tempting to have an account just sitting there with hundreds of thousands of dollars in it! Especially when they are having to sell their childhood game collection. In this day and age it's not unreasonable to be concerned about someone you don't personally know and gave money to on a niche forum.

A POF would go along way to reassure everyone. If the brothers called their bank and asked them for a safe way to prove the funds are still there. Perhaps even a reconciled spreadsheet showing the kits paid for, refunded, and remaining entrusted funds. If the numbers add up great! If entrusted funds are in a separate (sterile) account and not mingled in with other business or personal accounts, then it should be an easy process. A picture won't do, however. That's too easy to fake using the web browser's inspect element. We need POF that's independently verifiable. The bank should know what to do. They just need to have that conversation.

I want to make it clear I'm not accusing them of wrongdoing! These are legitimate concerns that are reasonable to be worried about. They can prove they are on the up and up if the funds are intact. And if they're not entirely, now's the time to come clean. A little personal account mingling might be forgivable for a novice, so long as there is enough to cover the difference and refund everyone. But if their net worth is less than the amount needed to refund everyone not currently allocated a kit they have on hand, or paid for and on the way, then we have a problem.

Oh, and to answer Lethal's question. 2 years ago would have been a reasonable time frame for this round to have been over. I waited 5 months for my 6th round kit and thought that was a long time. No one is disputing this round is LONG overdo! But that doesn't prove wrong doing on the turners part all by its self. All of the delays up to December 2020 were Marshall's fault. The tonado put a hitch in the delivery schedule and we're finally getting past that now. Lethal is correct that further delays will not be excusable. Now is crunch time!

Kits are SLOWLY trickling out of their workshop. Slowly being the operative word. IMO, they need to change up their current approach. So to follow, I have taken the liberty of creating a proposal. Instead of contacting everyone 1-by-1 as you move down through the list, this is an example e-mail that you could use to to create separate groups and expedite the process for everyone...

An example E-mail survey to confirm everyone's current choice
Note: This is just a suggestion and example. It's probably incomplete and needs to be customized further according to the brother needs. That is if they choose to use it at all.
Spoiler
To: Group Buy Round 7 Members[...]
CC: Ichinisan
Subject: [URGENT] UltraHDMI Round 7 - Confirm your choices
Why this E-mail?
In order to expedite round 7 and get people their kits ASAP, we need you all to complete the following survey.

What we require from you:
You MUST compose a separate e-mail! DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

You MUST place "[UltraHDMI Survey]" into the subject line of your email (without quotes). I will use search my email using [UltraHDMI Survey] as a filter. If you do not compose an e-mail with this exact subject heading in the next 2 week's, we will give your spot in line to the next user on the list!

Please only answer Yes or No questions with a Yes or No. We need to confirm everyone's choices quickly to get you your kits ASAP! If you have questions, pleas ask them on the SHMUPS forum (link here).

In the body of your e-mail please answer the following questions.

"Confirm the alias you gave us on your preorder and payment details. Also confirm your current name/shipping address: _________________"

"Do you still want an install (Y/N). Disclaimer: Installs will be placed into a separate line than DIY kits. If you choose to have us install your kit, you will be contacted in order of your place in line to confirm addresses and have you ship us your console. This process takes longer."

"Do you want a DIY kit (Y/N). Disclaimer: DIY will be shipped sooner, because they are easier to fulfill. If you previously chose an install option, you may elect to change to a DIY kit now. This way you can get your kit sooner. You may install it yourself or choose your own installer."

"If you have multiple kits on order and want DIY and Install's, plesae indicate the number of installs and the number of DIY kits. (# of installs: __ # of DIY kit's: __). Please note, DIY kits will be shipped ASAP. We will contact you later to have you ship your console(s) to us once we get to your place in the install line."

"We have XX number of N64 Digitals. If one is available, do want to change your UltraHDMI kit to a N64 Digital (Y/N)? Disclaimer: There is a limit of 1 N64 Digital per person. If you paid for multiple UltraHDMI kits, only one of them may be switched to N64 Digital. Users will be allocated a N64 Digital according to their place in line on the spreadsheet. Once all N64 Digital's have been allocated, everyone else will receive UltraHDMI kits. Once you respond to this e-mail with your decision, your choice is locked in. You cannot change your mind based on which HDMI mod you are allocated!"

"We currently have XXX number of kits available. If you are currently allocated a kit from the batch we have on hand, or have ordered from Marshall, you're money has already been spent and you are not elegible for a refund. You will be receiving a kit according to your choices above. Once you submit this e-mail, you cannot change your mind! XXX kits are available on hand or on order. If you are number XXX+1 or after, your money is still in our business account and eligible for a refund. You are not yet locked in! Would you like a refund? Or would you like to stay in the group buy, knowing that it could be many months before Marshall allows us to purchase more kits? Disclaimer: If you choose to stay in the group buy, you can ask for a refund up until we Pay Marshall for more kits. Once paid, we will allocate the kits on order and lock users in according to their place on the spreadsheet. Once locked in, you are no longer eligible for a refund. Please indicate your choice (Refund me now! I want to stay and wait for a kit.)"
The TL;DR
Ichinisan, CZroe, why not stop what you're doing and do this now?

1) Set up a meeting with your bank and get POF to reassure everyone their money is safe.

2) Send a group e-mail like the one suggested above. Filter the emails by the subject you required them to include. Collect user decisions to update the spreadsheet and allocate kits. Those users are locked in, since their money is already spent.

3) Refund everyone wanting a refund and who's not allocated a kit! If you kept a separate sterile account, that should not be a problem. If paypal fees are a problem, then stop eating the cost and make people pay it themselves. It's a small charge compared to their investment! And If Marshall charged you for those extra DAC's and it was paid out of the escrow account, then ask him for a refund. That's his mistake, not the group's!

4) Ship DIY kits first or as you receive them from Marshall.

5) Contact the remaining users electing to have installs and coordinate to have their console shipped you you for install. If they choose to have an install knowing the above, and you give them an opprituinity to switch to a DIY kit earlier, then they won't mind waiting.

6) If there are users not allocated a kit after that, refund them or start a new group buy round 8. It should be clearly delineated that round 7 is over and that round 8 will be another wait. Round 8 users should not be subsidizing round 7! That's a Ponzi scheme!
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

They don't have to do anything you suggested, nor should they. This wasn't the legitimate business transaction everyone desperately wants it to be. It's 2 guys with a forum post collecting money to convince a 3rd guy to make a whole lot of the same part and hopefully deliver. Where's the legitimacy in any of that? Where's the security or insurance that you'll get what you paid for? There is none and there never was. You're only recourse is the reputation of the brothers, which as i understand, was pretty good? I don't know, i barely trust someone in the For Sale section to send me what i pay for when i refuse to use Friends and Family.

They've given updates, delivered some parts, maybe given some refunds? They've followed through in some respect to some percentage of their abilities, despite surviving a pandemic and a tornado. To ask for them to give you bank information is laughable when they fulfilled portions of their agreement already.

There's nothing buyers can do but wait or complain, and we've done enough of the latter already, no?
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

ldeveraux wrote:They don't have to do anything you suggested
100% correct.
ldeveraux wrote:nor should they
100% arguable.

And putting aside whether they must or should, if they decide to do anything that RIP-Felix suggested, which indeed takes very little effort on their part (setting up POF can be done via a phone call, or even via online banking with some banks), it would at least be nice, no?

Your argument that they should not basically comes down to something like: "this was just a thing done on the wild west internets, therefore having any expectations of anything at all is wrong, so tough it up." Well, okay, your point has been thrown out there, but you can also let them at least answer RIP-Felix themselves, even if it's just to say they don't want to do any of that.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

fernan1234 wrote:
100% correct.
100% arguable.

And putting aside whether they must or should, if they decide to do anything that RIP-Felix suggested, which indeed takes very little effort on their part (setting up POF can be done via a phone call, or even via online banking with some banks), it would at least be nice, no?

Your argument that they should not basically comes down to something like: "this was just a thing done on the wild west internets, therefore having any expectations of anything at all is wrong, so tough it up." Well, okay, your point has been thrown out there, but you can also let them at least answer RIP-Felix themselves, even if it's just to say they don't want to do any of that.
It is like the Wild West and "Let the buyer beware" completely applies. Obviously I still expect them to come through on this group buy, but whining won't get anyone their UHDMI. The squeaky wheel will get no grease, as they've alluded to previously when a certain user I block all posts from threatened them with a chargeback that no credit card company in existance would honor.

They've shown their cards many times. Update posts, pictures, explanations, excuses; they've provided them all, often at alarming rates. You want them to provide bank info? Get real. The hoops you'd collectively like them to jump through are excessive at worst and insulting at best. Nobody's stopping them from replying to this nonsense for the 9384374th time, but I sure wouldn't in their position.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

ldeveraux wrote:You want them to provide bank info? Get real.
Pretty sure that POF can be done without providing sensitive/private bank info. It'd be an absurd instrument otherwise.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

ldeveraux wrote:
fernan1234 wrote:
100% correct.
100% arguable.

It is like the Wild West and "Let the buyer beware" completely applies. Obviously I still expect them to come through on this group buy, but whining won't get anyone their UHDMI. The squeaky wheel will get no grease, as they've alluded to previously when a certain user I block all posts from threatened them with a chargeback that no credit card company in existance would honor.

They've shown their cards many times. Update posts, pictures, explanations, excuses; they've provided them all, often at alarming rates. You want them to provide bank info? Get real. The hoops you'd collectively like them to jump through are excessive at worst and insulting at best. Nobody's stopping them from replying to this nonsense for the 9384374th time, but I sure wouldn't in their position.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So it's apparently "offensive" to ask for proof that the funds haven't been misappropriated, (which given the mound of excuses they've come up with at every possible opportunity for being incompetent and supplying kits at a rate of barely 1 every 4 days since round 7 started is a reasonable request) but it's not to the buyers that put up money for a product in good faith that haven't received anything looking for accountability and being refused?

Is this a joke?

There's absolutely no reason a POF can't be provided if they want to maintain an ounce of creditability at this point or at minimum a public dump of their paypal account transactions so that it can be openly audited.

After over 2 years of this mess spiraling out of control and no timeframe set, mentioned or provided when asked, this is not at all unreasonable to expect.

This is getting to the point where a class action lawsuit is warranted and granted that they appear to have gone into hiding yet again I'm sure the patience of others outside this thread is also running short.

The extent to which you'll go to be the eternal apologist for them is mind blowing and moronic. No wonder you keep dodging my question of what you would deem a reasonable timeline. Providing one would render your entire purpose in this thread a clown show since you'll go to any length to defend their ineptitude regardless of how illogical you appear doing so.

At the ridiculous snails pace orders are being fulfilled it's literally going to take them over a decade to ship all 851 orders. The fact they still keep accepting even more for an additional round at this point is outragous. I can only assume it's to fund their personal interests granted their multitude of previous comments indicating they are broke.
Last edited by Lethal on Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

fernan1234 wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:You want them to provide bank info? Get real.
Pretty sure that POF can be done without providing sensitive/private bank info. It'd be an absurd instrument otherwise.
You're walking a slippery slope. It's an invasion of privacy they shouldn't have to provide. Maybe every buyer on the list should provide bank account info as well? If not for their policy that heavily favors the buyer, you'd have every ebay member provide proof of funds. And sellers too, in case there's a return.

You trusted them initially, they've explained many times what went wrong. If I'm the only one defending then from this (I'm not) then so be it. It's the right thing to do in my opinion.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

ldeveraux wrote:You're walking a slippery slope. It's an invasion of privacy they shouldn't have to provide. Maybe every buyer on the list should provide bank account info as well? If not for their policy that heavily favors the buyer, you'd have every ebay member provide proof of funds. And sellers too, in case there's a return.

You trusted them initially, they've explained many times what went wrong. If I'm the only one defending then from this (I'm not) then so be it. It's the right thing to do in my opinion.

It's kinda weird that you feel the need to "defend" them from a simple suggestion of providing something that, as said already, is pretty simple to acquire and doesn't compromise any sensitive or private info. It doesn't cause any harm to them, in case that's not clear to you.

And the idea of providing POF was just brought up, so far you're the only one opposing doing this simple gesture, but let's see if anyone else joins you.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

fernan1234 wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:You're walking a slippery slope. It's an invasion of privacy they shouldn't have to provide. Maybe every buyer on the list should provide bank account info as well? If not for their policy that heavily favors the buyer, you'd have every ebay member provide proof of funds. And sellers too, in case there's a return.

It's kinda weird that you feel the need to "defend" them from a simple suggestion of providing something that, as said already, is pretty simple to acquire and doesn't compromise any sensitive or private info. It doesn't cause any harm to them, in case that's not clear to you.

And the idea of providing POF was just brought up, so far you're the only one opposing doing this simple gesture, but let's see if anyone else joins you.
I don't really mean the POF specifically, I've been defending them during this entire fiasco. I've never heard of a POF before whoever here brought it up, but from what's been explained, it's not helpful. I doubt they opened a bank account, started a separate business, filed quarterly taxes, etc just for a group buy on Shmups. It seems like it would provide information that has little if anything to do with the questions being asked. What if there's a million dollars in there? Is that money they've earned from their business, personal sales, savings, inheritance, etc? What if the account is empty? Did they steal it all and put it in another account? Does Marshall have it all? There's no outcome that would prove anything in either direction, so why bother? Just to make a point? Seems pretty outlandish considering how forthcoming they've been. Call me whatever bad-name political party believes this, but I would never share my bank balances with anyone. I realize there's no personal data shared, but no external body has any business seeing that information.

Isn't it easier/safer to assume that all the info they've shared already is true? I've mentioned before, but Kickstarter has a very firm policy in place that protects backers from creators stealing their money. They have never once acted on it, so the consequence is me getting nothing and the creator walking away with half a million bucks. My point here is to be happy that we've gotten information, refunds, and products none of which were ever guaranteed policywise. Everyone on this list took a gamble for 7 group buys. After 6 that ran successfully when there was no pandemic, threat to their business, or tornados, why would you expect them to steal your money on the 7th one?
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

ldeveraux wrote:
fernan1234 wrote:

I don't really mean the POF specifically, I've been defending them during this entire fiasco. I've never heard of a POF before whoever here brought it up, but from what's been explained, it's not helpful. I doubt they opened a bank account, started a separate business, filed quarterly taxes, etc just for a group buy on Shmups. It seems like it would provide information that has little if anything to do with the questions being asked. What if there's a million dollars in there? Is that money they've earned from their business, personal sales, savings, inheritance, etc? What if the account is empty? Did they steal it all and put it in another account? Does Marshall have it all? There's no outcome that would prove anything in either direction, so why bother? Just to make a point? Seems pretty outlandish considering how forthcoming they've been. Call me whatever bad-name political party believes this, but I would never share my bank balances with anyone. I realize there's no personal data shared, but no external body has any business seeing that information.

Isn't it easier/safer to assume that all the info they've shared already is true? I've mentioned before, but Kickstarter has a very firm policy in place that protects backers from creators stealing their money. They have never once acted on it, so the consequence is me getting nothing and the creator walking away with half a million bucks. My point here is to be happy that we've gotten information, refunds, and products none of which were ever guaranteed policywise. Everyone on this list took a gamble for 7 group buys. After 6 that ran successfully when there was no pandemic, threat to their business, or tornados, why would you expect them to steal your money on the 7th one?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's 100% warranted because their integrity has come into question on multiple fronts. Buyers want to know where the money that they accumulated upfront for the purchase of kits has gone since kits aren't being shipped at a rate applicable to how much money has been collected well in advance. If you check the google doc it seems that kits are only being shipped sporadically once a proportionate amount of new buyers from the bottom of the list place orders. This would suggest that new buyers are subsidizing the earlier ones and the money that was collected in advance was misappropriated. Not to mention the fact that they spent $6,000 buying DAC’s that didn't have orders for reasons no one can discern. If they have nothing to hide then a POF would validate that. If not it would further expose this dubious mess even more.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

ldeveraux wrote:Isn't it easier/safer to assume that all the info they've shared already is true? I've mentioned before, but Kickstarter has a very firm policy in place that protects backers from creators stealing their money. They have never once acted on it, so the consequence is me getting nothing and the creator walking away with half a million bucks. My point here is to be happy that we've gotten information, refunds, and products none of which were ever guaranteed policywise. Everyone on this list took a gamble for 7 group buys. After 6 that ran successfully when there was no pandemic, threat to their business, or tornados, why would you expect them to steal your money on the 7th one?
I see what you're saying but consider that maybe they wouldn't mind doing this at all, maybe they hadn't thought about it but would actually like to do so to increase current trust and for transparency, so they don't actually need your defending. If they don't want to or can't do it, then that'll be that, so no need to jump at people here just making or supporting the suggestion.
nums

Post by nums »

Just received my ultraHDMI in the mail today.
RIP-Felix

Post by RIP-Felix »

ldeveraux wrote:It is like the Wild West and "Let the buyer beware" completely applies. Obviously I still expect them to come through on this group buy, but whining won't get anyone their UHDMI. The squeaky wheel will get no grease, as they've alluded to previously when a certain user I block all posts from threatened them with a chargeback that no credit card company in existance would honor.
I agree with you. I expect them to come through too. They have a legal obligation after all!

The difference between my critical comment's and those user's who got put on a "time out" is that mine are "constructive criticism." I'll admit I argued back and forth with them disputing the meaning of facts, and that's why those comments got deleated, but I was left alone because I'm just trying to help. I careful chose my words. I did point out the potential for embezzlement and a Ponzi Scheme, because it's a legitimate concern and I'm trying to be objective. I'm not going to ignore positive or negative evidence. But I never accused them of wrongdoing, since the evidence doesn't support a solid conclusion either way! Moreover, I offered a potential solution to silence their critics (constructive or otherwise) and reassure current/future customers. That's what constructive criticism does. It point out potential problems and offers solutions to them. Destructive criticism makes no such attempt to help and could certainly be considered whining!

Don't confuse the two, because they're very different things. A true friend will tell you when you have a bugger hanging out your nose. Will you thank them for saving you further embarrassment, or get mad for not minding their own business? It can be hard to take "constructive" criticism graciously (as in grateful for the advice and tactful in response to it, without resent). It goes against our default, prideful instincts, but is necessary to being "professional" (exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace). The brothers have been excellent in this regard IMO. They have been very tactful in their response to critical comments in the past. They've treated them as constructive when they clearly weren't! That wins them HUGE trust points in my book. @CZroe @Ichinisan, don't think it's going unnoticed. I see you!

I have been a vocal defender of truth on this forum. And I keep telling people the facts do not support a conclusion. While yes, people have received refunds and kits, that doesn't mean everyone will. Conversely, it's not a scam just because of the fact it's been 3 years and that there are still people who want a refund and haven't revived it. Both are facts, neither support a conclusion. Reality is grey.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

Amazed you guys are still going here. You’re not going to get a clear answer out of the brothers or anything like proof of funds, that’s laughable.

Just sit and wait with the rest of us or call up a lawyer and begin the legal proceedings. Everything else is wasted energy.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

10mile wrote:Amazed you guys are still going here. You’re not going to get a clear answer out of the brothers or anything like proof of funds, that’s laughable.

Just sit and wait with the rest of us or call up a lawyer and begin the legal proceedings. Everything else is wasted energy.
Since you're still mindlessly preaching patience after 2.5 years, what would you deem a reasonable time frame to expect this round be fulfilled in?
10mile

Post by 10mile »

That’s not a question I have any interest in answering. Which is really my point.

No amount of words typed here is going to motivate the brothers to act more quickly, or provide concrete dates, or reasonable explanations. We’ve been through it, they’re just not going to do that. Continue typing thousands of words if you want, if this is helping to fill your day or whatever. Just internally I hope you accept that it will lead to nothing. It’s not worth stressing over. That money is in their hands, we’re at their mercy for updates, delivery etc.

We’re in agreement about the situation btw, I just realize that posting frequently about it here is pointless.
alaindesjardins

Post by alaindesjardins »

I have a couple of questions:

Do I want N64 Digital over UltraHDMI?

Do I need to be worried about having lost my console since I shipped it over a year ago in anticipation of the mod service?

I think I'm #188 in position. I'm very patient and I know a lot of people are on edge. It's not about money or time for me, I'm just worried about not getting my console back and I want to make sure I get the right mod.

I have to trust that whoever I sent my console to will do right by me.
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

alaindesjardins wrote:I have a couple of questions:

Do I want N64 Digital over UltraHDMI?

Do I need to be worried about having lost my console since I shipped it over a year ago in anticipation of the mod service?

I think I'm #188 in position. I'm very patient and I know a lot of people are on edge. It's not about money or time for me, I'm just worried about not getting my console back and I want to make sure I get the right mod.

Watch My Life in Gaming's latest video https://youtu.be/7OK1gQl2RBo. They go in depth on the N64Digital. However, they only had an Ultra HDMi v1 to test. The v2 has a slight edge over v1 and will have new firmware coming hopefully soon. Personally, however, I believe you are going to get faster firmware updates through N64 Digital and their team is more social and willing to help if something goes wrong. Either way, both are great mods and you will be happy with both.

As far as your console, I don't believe anything was said about any N64's being lost or damaged in the storms so your console should be fine. That would be a question for the Turners. I saw the huge stack last time I was over there. I have to drop off a Libretto back to James, so I will ask about it while I'm there. But even if something did happen to it, they would make an arrangement with you to fix the situation so no problem either way.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

10mile wrote:That’s not a question I have any interest in answering. Which is really my point.

No amount of words typed here is going to motivate the brothers to act more quickly, or provide concrete dates, or reasonable explanations. We’ve been through it, they’re just not going to do that. Continue typing thousands of words if you want, if this is helping to fill your day or whatever. Just internally I hope you accept that it will lead to nothing. It’s not worth stressing over. That money is in their hands, we’re at their mercy for updates, delivery etc.

We’re in agreement about the situation btw, I just realize that posting frequently about it here is pointless.
Of course you aren't interested in answering it because it's in direct contrast to your narrative of mindlessly waiting for an indefinite amount of time despite the endless lack of accountability and incompetence continuously displayed by the brothers.

And posting regarding the problem is "pointless" only in YOUR opinion which quite frankly doesn't mean much if anything.

I'm at minimum objectively pointing out what a shit show this travesty has become and hopefully prevented many from being scammed in the process or warned them so that they could claim back their money for non-receipt of a purchased item.

Silence is only contributing to the problem as it indicates that you’re fine with the way this has been handled and how poorly everyone that bought into this mess has been treated.
Lethal
Banned User

Post by Lethal »

alaindesjardins wrote:I think I'm #188 in position. I'm very patient and I know a lot of people are on edge. It's not about money or time for me, I'm just worried about not getting my console back and I want to make sure I get the right mod.

I would be having considerable regrets about sending them anything in advance, especially a piece of hardware. After the laundry list of excuses, refusal to accept accountability, lack of communication and now having gone into hiding again for what I'm guessing will be months like the last time, I would consider ever seeing that console again much less your order an outright miracle at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the brothers selling these consoles on ebay or to a pawn shop granted their desperate financial state and refusing to provide evidence that the funds from this mess were nothing more than a ponzi scheme accrument. Trickling kits out at a snails pace to dubious forum accounts that can't actually be traced to a specific person for verification on the google list really isn't sufficient to prove they are trustworthy any longer.