UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
ldeveraux

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by ldeveraux »

10mile wrote:When's the next jumble of nonsense from the brothers supposed to drop? We're about due
When people like you get subdued enough into thinking they really, really won't get their UltraHDMI this time, that's whaen they unfortunately swoop in with that pesky bit of hope to destroy the naysayers.
skitals

Post by skitals »

ldeveraux wrote:
10mile wrote:When's the next jumble of nonsense from the brothers supposed to drop? We're about due
When people like you get subdued enough into thinking they really, really won't get their UltraHDMI this time, that's whaen they unfortunately swoop in with that pesky bit of hope to destroy the naysayers.
Pesky bit of hope like the fact so far in round 7 more kits have been delivered than the first 6 rounds combined... by like a factor of 3? Or hope from the people posting every week that their kits were delivered? Or the frequent updates on the spreadsheet that corresponds with those posts that the naysayers seem oblivious to?

This has to be the most insufferable, impatient group of keyboard warriors on the internet.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

skitals wrote:
ldeveraux wrote: When people like you get subdued enough into thinking they really, really won't get their UltraHDMI this time, that's whaen they unfortunately swoop in with that pesky bit of hope to destroy the naysayers.
Pesky bit of hope like the fact so far in round 7 more kits have been delivered than the first 6 rounds combined... by like a factor of 3? Or hope from the people posting every week that their kits were delivered? Or the frequent updates on the spreadsheet that corresponds with those posts that the naysayers seem oblivious to?

This has to be the most insufferable, impatient group of keyboard warriors on the internet.
I meant pesky bit of truth. The truth that these brothers didn't abandon the project like some people decided they did. For reasons.
flipsideaut

Post by flipsideaut »

Hello,

I was just reading over the last 10 pages here but dont really know much more now regarding the status of the delivery.
The List is stuck at 249 pretty long and im 260, just would love to know, when the shippping goes on for the next people waiting.

Thanks!
BR Flip
10mile

Post by 10mile »

Let's all pitch in ideas for the brothers' next nonsensical behaviour that leads to delays for the group buy. I think last time they said they lent their only car to an unlicensed driver who subsequently crashed it or something like that?

This time I think they'll go with something a little more dire. I'm betting... offered a down-on-his-luck homeless guy to crash for a night in their storage space, only to find in the morning that he yoinked all their electronics and skipped town.

Let's get creative, people!!!
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

10mile wrote:Let's all pitch in ideas for the brothers' next nonsensical behaviour that leads to delays for the group buy. I think last time they said they lent their only car to an unlicensed driver who subsequently crashed it or something like that?

This time I think they'll go with something a little more dire. I'm betting... offered a down-on-his-luck homeless guy to crash for a night in their storage space, only to find in the morning that he yoinked all their electronics and skipped town.

Let's get creative, people!!!
I think they are going to eat a ounce of mushrooms and go on a magical Rainbow Ride and learn the meaning of life. During the ride a mystical sasquatch took our UHDMI's and put them all in a pot of gold across the rainbow. As soon as the brothers can navigate their way through the mushroom kingdom they will return our UHDMI to us.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

That's a great answer. I was really hoping for more participation from the class.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

10mile wrote:That's a great answer. I was really hoping for more participation from the class.
Thanks!
edd247

Post by edd247 »

Looking for a replacement flex cable. Does anyone have a spare or know where I can find one?
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

edd247 wrote:Looking for a replacement flex cable. Does anyone have a spare or know where I can find one?
https://www.pixelfx.co/n64digital-spare-flex.html
Cooperd9

Post by Cooperd9 »

Lopenator wrote:
edd247 wrote:Looking for a replacement flex cable. Does anyone have a spare or know where I can find one?
That is an n64 digital flex cable, it is designed for an entirely different product and there is a good chance it won't work with the ultraHDMI
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

Cooperd9 wrote:
Lopenator wrote:
That is an n64 digital flex cable, it is designed for an entirely different product and there is a good chance it won't work with the ultraHDMI
It will NOT work with the UHDMI. I figured I would send him/her that link because everyone knows he/she ain't getting one from Marshall lmao.
capsule01

Post by capsule01 »

I am not a part of this community :cry:
Last edited by capsule01 on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JuergenDerGute

Post by JuergenDerGute »

capsule01 wrote: Same here. I refuse to read page and page of morons arguing over the internet. Can someone please catch us up with concrete news? 277 here
Same for me. Instead I have started to check the spreadsheet list on a daily base since this week, hoping to see some progress there.

For me it seems that we have to wait until they reach your spot in the list. But I think the last official update was quite a while ago.
Btw 272 here. Already got my N64Digital and sent a mail to James beginning of the year asking for a refund.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

Lopenator wrote:
Cooperd9 wrote:
Lopenator wrote: It will NOT work with the UHDMI. I figured I would send him/her that link because everyone knows he/she ain't getting one from Marshall lmao.
kek

Spreadsheet hasn't been updated since at least early October when I started checking semi-regularly, and probably well before that.
glx

Post by glx »

Has there really been no movement since I received mine October 1st (I'm still identified as "in transit")?! That sucks guys. :?
dryja123

Post by dryja123 »

capsule01 wrote:
flipsideaut wrote:Hello,

I was just reading over the last 10 pages here but dont really know much more now regarding the status of the delivery.
The List is stuck at 249 pretty long and im 260, just would love to know, when the shippping goes on for the next people waiting.

Thanks!
BR Flip
Same here. I refuse to read page and page of morons arguing over the internet. Can someone please catch us up with concrete news? 277 here

Sadly, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until late Q2 / Q3 of next year. I posted this a few pages back, but the FPGA that's being used for the Ultra HDMI has not been available for quite some time now. The earliest approximate ETA for chip availability is Q3 2022. That's if Marshall can still get his hands on them. If Marshall does not have the chips on hand now, don't expect to see any movement for a long long time.

Here's the part number for the chip, if you want to see if you can source it yourself: 10CL010YU256C8G

Edit: Just did another quick search around. Factory lead times are now 53 - 99 weeks. oof.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

dryja123 wrote:
capsule01 wrote:
flipsideaut wrote:Hello,

Thanks!
BR Flip
Same here. I refuse to read page and page of morons arguing over the internet. Can someone please catch us up with concrete news? 277 here

Sadly, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until late Q2 / Q3 of next year. I posted this a few pages back, but the FPGA that's being used for the Ultra HDMI has not been available for quite some time now. The earliest approximate ETA for chip availability is Q3 2022. That's if Marshall can still get his hands on them. If Marshall does not have the chips on hand now, don't expect to see any movement for a long long time.

Here's the part number for the chip, if you want to see if you can source it yourself: 10CL010YU256C8G

Edit: Just did another quick search around. Factory lead times are now 53 - 99 weeks. oof.
I think it is about time for them to start going down the list for refunds
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Lopenator wrote: I think it is about time for them to start going down the list for refunds
I think it's about time for everyone else to start ignoring everything you say you Negative Nancy. Mind your own business like they are trying to do with theirs.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

ldeveraux wrote:
Lopenator wrote: I think it is about time for them to start going down the list for refunds
I think it's about time for everyone else to start ignoring everything you say you Negative Nancy. Mind your own business like they are trying to do with theirs.
Don't be a fool.
HolyWhip

Post by HolyWhip »

May the N64 Digital create a bag holder out of him. Or at least cut into his profits.
There could have been 99 other people who received their kits... Why they didn't limit a few per customer I have no idea.

I got my kit, so the only business I have here is to say my condolences to the 90% of people who paid and got clowned.
Is there any evidence to suggest those last ~200 kits from the unboxing video way back weren't the last UltraHDMI's that will ever be made?
Marshall didn't want to make them when he had a monopoly. I'd bet a lot that he won't be producing any more now that competition is on the scene.

I'd say your best case scenario is you see a refund someday or receive an N64 Digital.
Worst case: Ghosted aka you'll never see your sweet money again!
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

HolyWhip wrote:
May the N64 Digital create a bag holder out of him. Or at least cut into his profits.
There could have been 99 other people who received their kits... Why they didn't limit a few per customer I have no idea.
There was no limit because there was no reason for one. The intent of the group buy was to prove to Marshall there was enough demand for the UHDMI to make it worth it to build them. The more demand, the more chance at this happening in the future. Now with the flat out hate this past year, there's literally no chance of this happening again. The only way anyone could get them in the future would be to buy them from the custom shops.
HolyWhip

Post by HolyWhip »

There was no limit because there was no reason for one.
You'd have to be kidding yourself if you think round 7 is going to be the one where he realizes demand is there, and starts mass producing these things. Everyone knows these are made in small quantities and not often, and that wasn't about to change. Numbers do not motivate this guy. There was never a question about the demand, it was there - The public wanted this product. For every 1 person who got their hands on it, I'd speculate 50 more would have bought it had it been available on his web site. Window is closed now though, UltraHDMI is old news. Only reason someone should want one now is to tell their Grandkids they "were there" back in 2020 and managed to get one from this eccentric genius who hated customers and money.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

HolyWhip wrote:
There was no limit because there was no reason for one.
You'd have to be kidding yourself if you think round 7 is going to be the one where he realizes demand is there, and starts mass producing these things. Everyone knows these are made in small quantities and not often, and that wasn't about to change. Numbers do not motivate this guy. There was never a question about the demand, it was there - The public wanted this product. For every 1 person who got their hands on it, I'd speculate 50 more would have bought it had it been available on his web site. Window is closed now though, UltraHDMI is old news. Only reason someone should want one now is to tell their Grandkids they "were there" back in 2020 and managed to get one from this eccentric genius who hated customers and money.

The point is that Marshall wouldn't make these for 15 people who want this thing. It's only worth it financially (and apparently time wise) if he does them in bulk. This is common sense.

I honestly can't find any indication that this group buy is actually closed! As far as I can tell you can still email the brothers and add yourself to the list.
10mile

Post by 10mile »

ldeveraux wrote:As far as I can tell you can still email the brothers and add yourself to the list.
and we strongly encourage anyone new coming to this forum to do so
1987jonnyboy

Post by 1987jonnyboy »

Is there any update you can give us on the mods
10mile

Post by 10mile »

Maybe if we all put it on our Christmas lists this year, Santa will make some magic happen :idea:

Merry Christmas everyone! So grateful to have gotten to know and spend time with such a fine group of people in this thread over the last year. Here’s to many more years spent waiting together <3 love you guys.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

10mile wrote:Maybe if we all put it on our Christmas lists this year, Santa will make some magic happen :idea:

Merry Christmas everyone! So grateful to have gotten to know and spend time with such a fine group of people in this thread over the last year. Here’s to many more years spent waiting together <3 love you guys.
Love you too! Maybe we'll get our mods for Christmas next year!
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

I registered to this forum JUST to comment in on the shit show.

The book report sob story updates ... The lack of comminication ... The funds are 100% gone and more than likely the consoles that were sent in (including mine).

Should everyone still waiting for an update join together and take these bros to small claims court just for the hell of it?