The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Lopenator

Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - 2021-01-30 UPDATE

Post by Lopenator »

Happy new year gang gang
rightbeforeimpact

Post by rightbeforeimpact »

As we enter a new year, as bonded "brothers" in our own tragic way, I cannot help but reflect on the devastating innocence of my past.

Round 7!

...updates from a mysterious Marshall . . . . . . .

a whole row on the google sheet, all to myself

PROUD

. . . ... hopeful

There's no one I'd rather spend 2023 with. I may be a new forum member, but I've been lurking by your side for many years. Thank you for always being there.

<3
The-Jack-of-Diamonds

Post by The-Jack-of-Diamonds »

Hey guys,

This is my first post ever in this forum. Over the years I’ve periodically lurked and checked back in just to see if there was any resolve, or if anyone actually received their kits, systems or money back. At this point I think it’s safe to say the answer is no. I should have posted this a long time ago, since it seems like its pretty dead in here.

I first spoke to James almost 4 years ago, in April of 2019. He seemed like a really good guy, he was very straightforward and forthcoming in our interactions. I paid for the kit and an install and he even advised me NOT to send my system since they were so backed up. He said he would probably have it for a very long time if I chose to send it right away. So I waited.

On September 17th of 2020, I was over it, and asked him for a refund. He agreed and replied with the following:

Absolutely. Sorry for the wait. I still hope to make them more readily available in the near future.

Refund coming right up...

Take care!

-Evans

Shortly after that he refunded me, and I haven’t spoken with him since.

I forgot about the whole HDMI kit situation for a while. I checked back here expecting to see people receiving their kits for the group I was in, but found this train wreck of a situation instead.

I remember seeing someone ask quite some time ago if anyone has ever received a refund for their kit. I can confirm that I did get a full refund.

I still have no idea why he chose to refund me, and left so many others hanging. Maybe because I’m jut one guy with one kit, maybe because I was one of the first people to ask and he still had money to actually refund me.

I’m definitely not here to defend him or his brother. It just sort of makes me think that maybe this outcome wasn’t what they initially intended, and this wasn’t a ploy to steal peoples money from the get-go.

I have no idea what really happened or how this turned in to such a mess. Every time I talked to James asking for an update, the response seemed to be that he was waiting on Marshall.

I just wanted to say that I really wish the best for those that lost a ton of money and/or systems in this deal, and I hope there’s still a possibility that they can make this right.

Best of luck to you all.
gmipf

Post by gmipf »

ROUND 8 anytime soon?
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

Still waiting for round 7 brother
HolyWhip

Post by HolyWhip »

JackofDiamonds - I too actually received my kit as one of the last to get theirs on the list. It seemed like they gave the old college try to distribute that last batch of 250 or so, this was way after the tornado too. But once that was out - Apparently the money was too. My theory is that things weren't well organized before the tornado - but once that hit - they were faced with using the money to survive until if/when their insurance paid out. Likely they ended up borrowing 10's of 1000s of dollars. Now you're looking at the option to pay that back like a good person, or simply dip out with no consequences - not even a ding to your credit score. Not everyone knows what they would choose unless in that situation. So they chose the second option. I don't think it started out with bad intentions. We all know some people that have great hearts, but are bad with money.

I'd love for someone to make a documentary that discovers and describes the events that took place... call it "Round 7 - Where art my N64?"
10mile

Post by 10mile »

Couple of cowardly dogs who ran this group buy. Fuck em
JuergenDerGute

Post by JuergenDerGute »

Happy scamiversary! Today 3 years ago I signed up for the UltraHDMI. It is really sad that there are no updates anymore and I guess most propably will be no more in the future!

So let's celebrate! When is your scamiversary?
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

I will be celebrating 11/4/23. that will be my scamiversary! I plan on having people over.

there will be punch and pie
SuperSpongo

Post by SuperSpongo »

"It's gonna be awesome! Bring your controllers, we're gonna play Mario Kart 64 on my OLED with my UltraHDM-.... oh wait :evil: "
alucard971

Post by alucard971 »

If you still are interested in a N64 hdmi mod, PixelFX just put out preorders for their new Retro GEM mod for N64/PS1/PS2/DC. Only $99 for the bare minimum mod, $189 for the "shiny" edition with more features. Is it a cash grab? Sure. Development on this thing was insane and took a lot of time and resources, so i think its worth it. However, you can always buy the cheap mod and upgrade later.

https://www.pixelfx.co/
HesterDW

Post by HesterDW »

alucard971 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:51 pm If you still are interested in a N64 hdmi mod, PixelFX just put out preorders for their new Retro GEM mod for N64/PS1/PS2/DC. Only $99 for the bare minimum mod, $189 for the "shiny" edition with more features. Is it a cash grab? Sure. Development on this thing was insane and took a lot of time and resources, so i think its worth it. However, you can always buy the cheap mod and upgrade later.

https://www.pixelfx.co/
I check this thread annually and posts like this are the only reason I ended up getting an N64 Digital in 2021. I never check Twitters so I never would have gotten a kit had I not checked this thread. So I guess that's a positive of being in this situation lol.
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

Anyone get their ultra HDMI yet?
Lopenator

Post by Lopenator »

hopefully our HDMI mods will come through before the new year!
robertwhamm

Post by robertwhamm »

Whelp - I had hope of things progressing after this video was sent to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS007kD ... e=youtu.be

But it ain't looking good friends.

I just want my console back at this point :(
Kithron

Post by Kithron »

Thanks for sharing that link. I am fed up at this point with them and I agree with you it does not look good. I'm going to ask for a refund for the installation and the UltraHDMI I bought from them on that video since my email was ignored.
robertwhamm wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:10 pm Whelp - I had hope of things progressing after this video was sent to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS007kD ... e=youtu.be

But it ain't looking good friends.

I just want my console back at this point :(