shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:40 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:20 pm 



Joined: 27 Jun 2020
Posts: 4
Hello, I emailed the email on the first page of this thread a few days ago regarding the group buy of Ultra HDMI but got no reply. I hope Im not too late to get in. Is there a way to know if I sent it correctly or if you guys recieved it?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:48 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 159
Location: Newnan, GA 30263 United States
pintarider wrote:
Hello, I emailed the email on the first page of this thread a few days ago regarding the group buy of Ultra HDMI but got no reply. I hope Im not too late to get in. Is there a way to know if I sent it correctly or if you guys recieved it?

I finished the June 23 emails just now. I only got the street part of your address, so I calculated the total assuming you are in USA.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:43 am 



Joined: 27 Jun 2020
Posts: 4
Thank you for the reply! I emailed back with the correct address and a question I had. Aside from that and as far as payments go, how will you know that I was the one who sent the money??


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:27 pm 



Joined: 21 Jun 2020
Posts: 3
pintarider wrote:
Thank you for the reply! I emailed back with the correct address and a question I had. Aside from that and as far as payments go, how will you know that I was the one who sent the money??


Does the name on the PayPal account match your name and shipping info that you gave him in the email? If not, follow up with the payment confirmation. I chose goods and services when I sent the payment. It sent my address to him in PayPal so everything matched. I also took a screenshot and replied to his email with him and confirmed payment.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:03 pm 



Joined: 27 Jun 2020
Posts: 4
dryja123 wrote:
pintarider wrote:
Thank you for the reply! I emailed back with the correct address and a question I had. Aside from that and as far as payments go, how will you know that I was the one who sent the money??


Does the name on the PayPal account match your name and shipping info that you gave him in the email? If not, follow up with the payment confirmation. I chose goods and services when I sent the payment. It sent my address to him in PayPal so everything matched. I also took a screenshot and replied to his email with him and confirmed payment.


Oh awesome thank you man for the confirmation on that. Mine doesnt match i dont think but Ill try doing that thanks again.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:54 pm 



Joined: 30 Jun 2020
Posts: 3
Divines be praised I found this thread! I was reading up on people's experiences with the retrotink vs the koryuu+ossc because I just found out my N64 is incompatible with the easy RGB mod. Then I backed out of that thread and found this! I ordered a wiidual too so this would totally complete my retro setup! (all two consoles in it)

Will the DAC module still support composite and s-video? I'm not gonna be using those myself, just curious. What I would be using is line doubled RGBHV since I'm using a CRT computer monitor. :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:54 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 159
Location: Newnan, GA 30263 United States
pintarider wrote:
Thank you for the reply! I emailed back with the correct address and a question I had. Aside from that and as far as payments go, how will you know that I was the one who sent the money??

Usually the name or the notes will make it obvious. I suggest including a note with the name you provided for the public list of participants.

Through all the rounds, there have been two or three payments that required some investigation to determine which participant to associate it with. It's good to have a note with the transaction.

[edit]

Yours is received!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:34 am 



Joined: 04 Jul 2020
Posts: 2
James, just sent email from my Gmail account asking about the add on board, please check when you get a chance, thanks


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:22 am 



Joined: 30 Jun 2020
Posts: 3
So once you've responded and we've sent a payment, would it be a good idea to go ahead and send you our N64s or do we wait until the units come in?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:45 pm 



Joined: 25 Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Alborix wrote:
So once you've responded and we've sent a payment, would it be a good idea to go ahead and send you our N64s or do we wait until the units come in?
I would expect the wait is probably going to be over a year, it's already been longer than that for some on this round. So unless you want to go that long without your N64, I would just keep it until the kit comes in, and join the rest of us following this thread [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:34 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 159
Location: Newnan, GA 30263 United States
I received an N64 today that I will need to investigate to determine who it belongs to. The box + packing tape + shipping label all have "eBay" branding, but the console serial number doesn't match the one I was told to expect from eBay. The tracking number indicates it started moving July 1 in Pennsylvania. No controller. No power supply. No jumper/expansion pak. No AV cord.

Sender name: B- U-
Serial number: NS1-----142

[edit] Figured it out. This one belongs to Jensine. [/edit]

Jon8RFC wrote:
Good info and thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm looking forward to keeping one my favorite systems forward-compatible with TV connections.

Side note, since others may see this and buy one of these, too. Are you comfortable doing the WiiDual installation? I pre-ordered one of those and these are the installation instructions.


My brother and I have done a handful of WiiDual installs (finishing up another one shortly). Hopefully I'll have time to set up WeStillPlay.com in the near future to offer services there.

dryja123 wrote:
pintarider wrote:
Thank you for the reply! I emailed back with the correct address and a question I had. Aside from that and as far as payments go, how will you know that I was the one who sent the money??


Does the name on the PayPal account match your name and shipping info that you gave him in the email? If not, follow up with the payment confirmation. I chose goods and services when I sent the payment. It sent my address to him in PayPal so everything matched. I also took a screenshot and replied to his email with him and confirmed payment.


Yes. In previous rounds I've had to investigate a couple payments to figure out who it came from. If the name or email address doesn't match one that I've corresponded with, it helps to have a note on the payment or send me an email right after.

Alborix wrote:
... Will the DAC module still support composite and s-video? I'm not gonna be using those myself, just curious. What I would be using is line doubled RGBHV since I'm using a CRT computer monitor. :)


Yes. Composite and S-video output should continue to work as it did before.

Dizzny wrote:
James, just sent email from my Gmail account asking about the add on board, please check when you get a chance, thanks


Yup! We got in touch yesterday.

Alborix wrote:
So once you've responded and we've sent a payment, would it be a good idea to go ahead and send you our N64s or do we wait until the units come in?


To minimize the amount of time spent without your N64, I suggest waiting to send it. I usually get a heads-up from Marshall before he finishes programming / testing / packing / shipping the kits. At that point I'll contact participants to let them know it's time to send.

Some people send the N64 early anyway. I test it and disassemble so it's ready to be upgraded when the kits arrive.


Last edited by Ichinisan on Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:55 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 159
Location: Newnan, GA 30263 United States
1ultranalu wrote:
Hello all, if you are still accepting people on the wait list, i am happy to put my name down and follow the guidelines set! my email is [-] and i will be messaging the OP as well

Hi! I responded to your email with participation details on June 24.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:15 pm 



Joined: 06 Jul 2020
Posts: 1
Sent an email to join the latest round, if still open :)

Edit: Got in contact and all sorted 8)


Last edited by Pears on Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:22 pm 



Joined: 29 Sep 2016
Posts: 14
Hey @Ichinisan it's been a while I haven't checked this thread. How are we doing with Round 7.whats the latest from Marshall.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:49 am 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 159
Location: Newnan, GA 30263 United States
viper1701 wrote:
Hey @Ichinisan it's been a while I haven't checked this thread. How are we doing with Round 7.whats the latest from Marshall.


This was the most recent update from Marshall:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63381&p=1415445#p1415445

Marshall should now have both of the small batches he did in China (close to 250 units). Marshall has to modify all the secondary (analog) flex PCBs using a hole punch due to a production issue. Then he also needs to put finishing touches on the firmware before programming and testing all the boards. After that, it's just packing and shipping.

If Marshall is not ready to start a full-size production batch in Taiwan very soon after, I will try to convince him to do another batch in China and keep things moving.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:18 am 


User avatar

Joined: 09 May 2019
Posts: 22
Ichinisan wrote:
Marshall should now have both of the small batches he did in China (close to 250 units). Marshall has to modify all the secondary (analog) flex PCBs using a hole punch due to a production issue. Then he also needs to put finishing touches on the firmware before programming and testing all the boards. After that, it's just packing and shipping.

If Marshall is not ready to start a full-size production batch in Taiwan very soon after, I will try to convince him to do another batch in China and keep things moving.


This is awesome news! I'm absolutely stoked that we're so close, 250 units should have a lot of us on round seven covered. Thanks so much for updating us, Ichinisan.

Once we have shipping notification I imagine most of us are going to be over the freaking MOON.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:32 pm 



Joined: 04 Jul 2020
Posts: 2
If you look at the spread sheet, 250 will not even cover the first half of round seven, there are several people earlier in the list that have bought 20 and 30, even 100. Unless they do a 2nd round in china, its gonna be a while still for the majority of us


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:03 pm 



Joined: 27 Jun 2020
Posts: 4
I dont mind not have my n64 so I might send mine early. Just to make sure though, you dont need any of the cables right just the system even without the expansion pack right?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group-buy ROUND 7 - accepting participants
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:33 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 159
Location: Newnan, GA 30263 United States
Dax wrote:
Ichinisan wrote:
Marshall should now have both of the small batches he did in China (close to 250 units). Marshall has to modify all the secondary (analog) flex PCBs using a hole punch due to a production issue. Then he also needs to put finishing touches on the firmware before programming and testing all the boards. After that, it's just packing and shipping.

If Marshall is not ready to start a full-size production batch in Taiwan very soon after, I will try to convince him to do another batch in China and keep things moving.


This is awesome news! I'm absolutely stoked that we're so close, 250 units should have a lot of us on round seven covered. Thanks so much for updating us, Ichinisan.

Once we have shipping notification I imagine most of us are going to be over the freaking MOON.


In mid-June, I asked Marshall about 64drive HW2 (on behalf of a group-buy / Shmups member). He responded that he's prioritizing UltraHDMI HW2. He's feeling pressure to finish the UltraHDMI kits he has on-hand. I think he'll order 64drive HW2 production at the same time as the remaining UltraHDMI HW2 kits.

Dizzny wrote:
If you look at the spread sheet, 250 will not even cover the first half of round seven, there are several people earlier in the list that have bought 20 and 30, even 100. Unless they do a 2nd round in china, its gonna be a while still for the majority of us


Yes. If Marshall isn't ready to start the full production in Taiwan soon after he finishes with these two smaller batches, I will try to convince him to do another batch with his typical PCBA service in China and keep things moving. He said the tariffs for making them in China are pretty brutal. I'm guessing he still won't want to do whole thing there, but perhaps he can do a bigger batch than the previous two.

pintarider wrote:
I dont mind not have my n64 so I might send mine early. Just to make sure though, you dont need any of the cables right just the system even without the expansion pack right?

Just the console ("control deck") is fine. If you remove the jumper / expansion pak, take care not to lose it. It would be sad if you can't find your pak when you get the N64 back from me! I do have spares I can test with.

I typically don't even remove the pak when I disassemble the system. I typically remove the 6 exterior screws and gently pull the two pieces of the shell apart, so the pak remains in its compartment.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group