Ultimarc Minigrip - Size-Efficient Enclosure

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Swevicus

Ultimarc Minigrip - Size-Efficient Enclosure

Post by Swevicus »

Dear Shmups Forum,

Some of you may remember a few years ago that I was attempting to build an arcade-quality-Atari-controller-on-a-budget using Sanwa/Seimitsu parts. I have since built a successful prototype for 1-button games and have decided to expand to a 2-button (2 separate logical buttons) for MSX and Amiga/Sega Master System machines, having chosen the Ultimarc Minigrip trigger joystick as my next controller. However, I am having trouble finding a decently sized enclosure/project box to house it, along with a conversion harness which allows me to use any old 5-pin wiring harness found on Sanwa JLF and Seimitsu LS-32-01 joysticks instead of wiring each switch individually. I'm trying to keep the size down to a minimum while leaving some space for the wires to breathe, hence "size-efficient". I know that the joystick needs at least 50 mm on the Z-axis (height, sometimes known as depth) but I can't seem to find any decent boxes lest I build my own (and I'm no carpenter). If anyone could point me in the right direction, then I would be most grateful.

Yours sincerely,
S.