shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:17 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: TUTORIAL for TVOne Corio2 240p Downscalers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:01 pm 

Thats just what my crt supports

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:49 pm 

Do you know what settings I need for 480i?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:49 pm 

858 total hor
720 active hor
480 active vert
525 total vert

check the interlaced box

refresh rate should be about ~59.94

negative sync on both should be fine.

Adjust your porches to center the image.

https://www.epanorama.net/documents/vid ... iming.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:43 pm 

Thanks

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:06 pm 

I wasnt able to get those settings to save but I was able to load that preset file but editing what firmware I had and version of the corio2.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:57 pm 

So a quick evening testing out the JVC DV-T, nothing coming out the Corio2 but I have yet to try USB programming.

RE: earlier discussions on scanlines - idk how the whole thing works but the 480i (CPS-2 Digital AV > HDMI > VGA > BNC RGBHV) looks the same, scanline-wise, as my JVC TM-H at 240p (supergun > SCART RGBs), not what I expected and totally counter to my intuition on beam thickness. v :?v

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:59 pm 

kerryking wrote:
I wasnt able to get those settings to save but I was able to load that preset file but editing what firmware I had and version of the corio2.

Good to hear. You might want to stick with predefined timings.

You were feeding your display 2049i @ 7.5Hz before. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:29 am 

So I'm having a terrible trouble with 750 into JVC DT-V. At the start of the evening I was getting flashes of the Corio2 splash screen before clicks and fuzz to black, then back to splash and back to black. Nothing stable, and uncomfortable degauss noises at each switch.

After firmware update and flashing the .xml, I have nothing, just degauss/freq change fizzing every few seconds without latching onto anything. Apparently not seeing the sync.

I figured out that I don't need to go through the OSD and I can control the Corio2 with the software and USB in the Basic screen which lets me switch between presets. Alternate LCD monitor works fine, coming up with the Corio2 splash screen, and switching outputs through the software rather than OSD is effective.

Running HDMI > C2 750 > DVI to VGA > VGA to BNC RGBHV > JVC RGB/Component card.

Toggling RGBs and all the others does not help.

DT-Vs are apparently picky on the syncs, anyone else had and overcome this problem? I'd be happy with any functional picture coming through at whatever resolution and go from there.

EDIT: trying to get an actual input/output into the monitor gets a picture (720p > 720p) washes out the colours, as if it were seeing a sun-bleached poster. Splash screen seems fine, though I can't seem to toggle between the available splash screens so I don't even know if I'm controlling anything in the settings. It's a mystery...

EDIT2: Successful output achieved! I'm not sure of the reason but I changed up the connections. The Corio2 splash screen was fazing in for a second before disappearing, I figured it's me trying to take a VGA signal out of the 750 though a passive adapter (DVI to VGA) which was killing some sync. Took the DVI to HDMI (passive cable) into active HDMI-VGA dongle (needs the 5V plugged in) into the DV-T through BNC. The 240p picture is coming in narrow, pretty much 1:1 rather than 4:3, height is good. Not sure if it's the source or Corio2 but I'm getting closer! All in RGBHV afaict.

Not sure if it helps anyone but tl;dr: getting a VGA out from C2 750 is proving to be a problem, for me it's better to go through an HDMI-VGA adapter between the C2 750's DVI out and JVC's VGA/BNC in.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10