Post by orange808 »

858 total hor
720 active hor
480 active vert
525 total vert

check the interlaced box

refresh rate should be about ~59.94

negative sync on both should be fine.

Adjust your porches to center the image.

https://www.epanorama.net/documents/vid ... iming.html
We apologise for the inconvenience
kerryking

Re: TUTORIAL for TVOne Corio2 240p Downscalers

Post by kerryking »

Thanks
kerryking

Post by kerryking »

I wasnt able to get those settings to save but I was able to load that preset file but editing what firmware I had and version of the corio2.
emenelopee

Post by emenelopee »

So a quick evening testing out the JVC DV-T, nothing coming out the Corio2 but I have yet to try USB programming.

RE: earlier discussions on scanlines - idk how the whole thing works but the 480i (CPS-2 Digital AV > HDMI > VGA > BNC RGBHV) looks the same, scanline-wise, as my JVC TM-H at 240p (supergun > SCART RGBs), not what I expected and totally counter to my intuition on beam thickness. v :?v
orange808

Post by orange808 »

kerryking wrote:I wasnt able to get those settings to save but I was able to load that preset file but editing what firmware I had and version of the corio2.
Good to hear. You might want to stick with predefined timings.

You were feeding your display 2049i @ 7.5Hz before. :)
emenelopee

Post by emenelopee »

So I'm having a terrible trouble with 750 into JVC DT-V. At the start of the evening I was getting flashes of the Corio2 splash screen before clicks and fuzz to black, then back to splash and back to black. Nothing stable, and uncomfortable degauss noises at each switch.

After firmware update and flashing the .xml, I have nothing, just degauss/freq change fizzing every few seconds without latching onto anything. Apparently not seeing the sync.

I figured out that I don't need to go through the OSD and I can control the Corio2 with the software and USB in the Basic screen which lets me switch between presets. Alternate LCD monitor works fine, coming up with the Corio2 splash screen, and switching outputs through the software rather than OSD is effective.

Running HDMI > C2 750 > DVI to VGA > VGA to BNC RGBHV > JVC RGB/Component card.

Toggling RGBs and all the others does not help.

DT-Vs are apparently picky on the syncs, anyone else had and overcome this problem? I'd be happy with any functional picture coming through at whatever resolution and go from there.

EDIT: trying to get an actual input/output into the monitor gets a picture (720p > 720p) washes out the colours, as if it were seeing a sun-bleached poster. Splash screen seems fine, though I can't seem to toggle between the available splash screens so I don't even know if I'm controlling anything in the settings. It's a mystery...

EDIT2: Successful output achieved! I'm not sure of the reason but I changed up the connections. The Corio2 splash screen was fazing in for a second before disappearing, I figured it's me trying to take a VGA signal out of the 750 though a passive adapter (DVI to VGA) which was killing some sync. Took the DVI to HDMI (passive cable) into active HDMI-VGA dongle (needs the 5V plugged in) into the DV-T through BNC. The 240p picture is coming in narrow, pretty much 1:1 rather than 4:3, height is good. Not sure if it's the source or Corio2 but I'm getting closer! All in RGBHV afaict.

Not sure if it helps anyone but tl;dr: getting a VGA out from C2 750 is proving to be a problem, for me it's better to go through an HDMI-VGA adapter between the C2 750's DVI out and JVC's VGA/BNC in.
DJtheGamer

Post by DJtheGamer »

Hello, I’m new here. I'm having issues with my 1T-C2-400. I get errors and it fails after I try flashing the firmware. I’m not sure what are causing the issues. I attached pictures to show when it fails. Any help/ suggestions?

Last edited by DJtheGamer on Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJtheGamer

Post by DJtheGamer »

DJtheGamer wrote:Hello, I’m new here. I'm having issues with my 1T-C2-400. I get errors and it fails after I try flashing the firmware. I’m not sure what are causing the issues. I attached pictures to show when it fails. Any help/ suggestions?

Can anyone please help?
Xer Xian

Post by Xer Xian »

If the installation doesn't start at all, it is probably exactly what it says - a communication error. Make sure you have selected the correct port or, if you're using a serial adapter, that it works (try it with some other equipment, if you've got any).

Why are you trying to reflash the firmware? If your unit is functional, there's no real need to. Any version will do, and you can set up a 240p profile manually as well.
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

Also search this topic for .NET Framework (I think it's called). Prevented me from updating mine I think (sorry, it's bee way too long - memory is hazy).
DJtheGamer

Post by DJtheGamer »

Xer Xian wrote:If the installation doesn't start at all, it is probably exactly what it says - a communication error. Make sure you have selected the correct port or, if you're using a serial adapter, that it works (try it with some other equipment, if you've got any).

Why are you trying to reflash the firmware? If your unit is functional, there's no real need to. Any version will do, and you can set up a 240p profile manually as well.
Hello, yes I’m using the recommended serial to usb cable in the original post. I don’t think I have any equipment to try out the cable with. How do I select the right port?

I recently purchased the item. I don’t think it has been flashed with the 240p profile yet. I was following instructions to do a firmware update/ clean install before flashing the 240p profile.
DJtheGamer

Post by DJtheGamer »

Dochartaigh wrote:Also search this topic for .NET Framework (I think it's called). Prevented me from updating mine I think (sorry, it's bee way too long - memory is hazy).
Hello, do I search for .NET Framework within these forums or google?
orange808

Post by orange808 »

DJtheGamer wrote:
Dochartaigh wrote:Also search this topic for .NET Framework (I think it's called). Prevented me from updating mine I think (sorry, it's bee way too long - memory is hazy).
.NET is a set of Microsoft libraries and frameworks that helps devs build common elements and features into their projects without "reinventing the wheel". If a program uses .NET, you need to download it on your machine to run the program. I don't know if the Corio2 firmware update program uses .NET or not.

Check out the Microsoft website to get it. In some cases, a program uses an old (aka legacy or depreciated) version of the .NET framework and you need an older version of .NET installed on your machine to run the program.

As a general rule, I follow the old "if isn't broken, don't fix it" mantra with video processor firmware. If you don't have a specific issue that a newer firmware will patch, it's often better to skip the update entirely. Is there something specific in the changelogs that you need?
DJtheGamer

Post by DJtheGamer »

orange808 wrote:
DJtheGamer wrote:
.NET is a set of Microsoft libraries and frameworks that helps devs build common elements and features into their projects without "reinventing the wheel". If a program uses .NET, you need to download it on your machine to run the program. I don't know if the Corio2 firmware update program uses .NET or not.

Check out the Microsoft website to get it. In some cases, a program uses an old (aka legacy or depreciated) version of the .NET framework and you need an older version of .NET installed on your machine to run the program.

As a general rule, I follow the old "if isn't broken, don't fix it" mantra with video processor firmware. If you don't have a specific issue that a newer firmware will patch, it's often better to skip the update entirely. Is there something specific in the changelogs that you need?
I was following instructions in the original post to do a firmware update/ clean install before flashing the 240p profile.

I cannot use the firmware update or the software program, I get an error. How do I select the correct comm port?

I have Windows 10, which .NET framework legacy should I download?
orange808

Post by orange808 »

DJtheGamer wrote: .

I cannot use the firmware update or the software program, I get an error.
To be honest, I think your problem is the USB to serial adapter you have. Get a different one.

.NET problems often throw specific error messages that provide information about what's missing. Superficially, the errors I see look like a cable issue.

Better yet, skip the update. It should be just fine.

If you bought a device that's bricked, try a different power supply. If the power supply doesn't fix it, return it. I don't believe there are any bugs on any C2 firmware that would cause a brick.
DJtheGamer

Post by DJtheGamer »

orange808 wrote:
DJtheGamer wrote: .

I cannot use the firmware update or the software program, I get an error.
To be honest, I think your problem is the USB to serial adapter you have. Get a different one.

.NET problems often throw specific error messages that provide information about what's missing. Superficially, the errors I see look like a cable issue.

Better yet, skip the update. It should be just fine.

If you bought a device that's bricked, try a different power supply. If the power supply doesn't fix it, return it. I don't believe there are any bugs on any C2 firmware that would cause a brick.
Any recommendations on different brand of cable?
benthrottle

Post by benthrottle »

I'm looking onto a C2-3350. According to its manual https://www.manualslib.com/manual/69189 ... =20#manual It may be (or not) capable of downscaling.

But... Since the price on these things are quite high... especially where I live... If someone could confirm if it works, I would be really grateful. Thank you.
DJtheGamer

Post by DJtheGamer »

Update, I bought a new cable by a different brand, and installed NET Framework and I’m still getting errors.
logo98

Post by logo98 »

Hey, newcomer here. Just wanted to give a big thank you for coming up with this guide. I went ahead and got the C2-400 to get my Nintendo Switch to run Sonic Mania on my consumer tv and it works great! I have the manual and noticed there were a few settings like brightness, sharpness etc. under the adjust sources group that are only accessible with a CV/ YC source. I couldn't help but notice that when connecting 480p and up consoles to the corio the picture comes out slightly "dim" for lack of better words when compared to my other native 240p consoles. One of the settings I used to make the picture "brighter" is something called RGB/VYU lvl (called RGB contr. in the manual) under adjust sources group. Am I right to assume that changing these values is affecting the overall contrast? Their default values were all set at 100 and I changed them all to 150 which did make the picture brighter to my liking. Are there additional settings that can help with brightness or sharpness for RGB sources?

https://imgur.com/a/2ozIF33
Primerib

Post by Primerib »

Hello all.

I have done my due diligence and searched the forums and the web high and low for this answer.

I purchased a TVone CS-320 (not the best choice I know) and it did not come with a remote which is needed for most of the features and my Harmony 688 doesn't seem to have any ability to connect to it.

Does anyone know a generic remote code that may get the OSD up? If it's not possible to use a code could someone recommend a compatible remote that would work with it?

Thank you.
emenelopee

Post by emenelopee »

Has anyone any luck with getting an Amazon Fire Stick displayed correctly?

Also presets on my 750 are weird: I've saved my setup to Preset 1 but each time I enable it seems to display both input 1 and 2, not just input 1. I have to keep adjusting through Windows software. Man I wish the 750 came with the LCD screen ...
zoopster

Post by zoopster »

orange808

Post by orange808 »

zoopster wrote:Selling my TV One Corio 2 750

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/TV-One-Corio-2 ... 50da42e09a
There's a place for your post and this ain't it. Put it in the For Sale section. This is the Hardware discussion.
F1313

Post by F1313 »

Can confirm the C-2 5000 works as a downscaler to 240p.
jmsbosss

Re: TVOne Corio2 240p 下缩放器教程

Post by jmsbosss »

nes.og

Post by nes.og »

Can these units just be used as a pass through to transcode?

If so do they support 240 pass through? (With or without transcoding?)

Any info is appreciated, thanks.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

nes.og wrote:Can these units just be used as a pass through to transcode?

If so do they support 240 pass through? (With or without transcoding?)

Any info is appreciated, thanks.
What are you trying to do? If you're trying to get 240p over HDMI, you want an OSSC.

I only have an analog Corio2 hooked up. It will transcode, but there's probably better options out there.

The machine's end-to-end 4:4:4 processing will deliver pleasant results. If I recall correctly, enabling the "Lock" mode will passthrough RGB/YUV 240p without issues. You can still adjust the porches, flip/mirror, change RGB sync, and RGB/YUV. "Lock" disables resizing (scaling) and frame rate conversion.

The downside is you'll add just over a frame of lag. There's faster ways to convert sync, change color space, and adjust porches.

I don't know if the newer units will get you a digital signal on DVI, but the OSSC is better for that, anyhow. Also, most of the C2 machines will not embed audio. I wouldn't use a C2 as a video game transcoder, but I guess you could.
nes.og

Post by nes.og »

Thanks for the info orange808!

I should have provided more info. I’m looking at purchasing one of the analog Corio2 units for downscaling.

I’m looking at having the unit last in the chain which is why I was wondering about pass through for 240P sources and transcoding because I have TVs with RGB and others with component.

OSSC can only be used for upscaling correct?
Dochartaigh

Re: Re: TVOne Corio2 240p 下缩放器教程

Post by Dochartaigh »

F1313 wrote:Can confirm the C-2 5000 works as a downscaler to 240p.
Thank you, added to the list.

jmsbosss wrote:tvone 5100 wii ngc 480p---240p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFbTDy_D7qY

tvone 6104 confirm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyU1iiQ-wkk
Thank you as well - updated the list.

For your C2-6104A, what do you think of it? I've been struggling for a use for mine and it's currently not in my rack. I bought it because I wanted to display 4x sources (mostly 240p and 480p, but also maybe Xbox360/PS3 720/1080p too), in a 2x2 grid, on a modern flatscreen TV (which I used a passive Extron or TVOne DVI to HDMI dongle I think), but I found that to get the proper scaling I had to set either a 240p or 480p profile (and/or auto scale for higher resolutions), and could only save one profile for each of the 4x individual inputs at a time (if my memory serves, it's been a LONG time since I tried this). So when I wanted to switch from a 240p source to a 480p source in one of the 2x2 windows it didn't look too hot. Actually, NEVER looked too hot in a 2x2 grid no matter the source TBH (I still think Corio2's are best suited to downscalers, not upscalers... but I may be spoiled with the OSSC).

I don't think I actually ever tried to use it like the other single-input Corio2's, where you're taking a single 480p source and downscaling it to 240p on a single screen – just tried 4x sources on a modern flatscreen in a 2x2 grid like you initially show in your video. To get 1 single source to downscale to 240p, did you use a DVI to VGA/breakout to BNC's for your JVC CRT PVM? Anything else needed to do in the settings besides choose a single 1-source output (instead of 2x2)?

This is my real question since I don't even have a flatscreen in my gaming room anymore (unless you count a native 480p plasma ;) – I currently have two C2-2200's setup, one tuned for the geometry: width/height/centering of Xbox 360 480p (mostly for those cave games) which I don't touch the settings on much, and another for other 480p sources (OG Xbox, DC, GC mostly) which I'll have to quickly tune for those when I switch consoles. What I've been meaning to try on the C2-6104A is if that can replace those two 2200's, and let me have four INDIVIDUAL profiles - one for each of the 4x inputs, and have it SAVE those, so I can then have every 480p console with it's own tailored (and properly sized and centered) settings all ready to go, then just throw up whichever console on my CRT and I won't have to mess with the settings at all since they'll be programmed in and remembered. Have you tried this? Think it'll work? Since you can only save a SINGLE profile with width/height/centering on the other Corio2's, this might be a great way to have 4x profiles on a single unit (even if the 6104A is double the size of most other Corio2's - still a win-win).
performtsanho

Post by performtsanho »

Hello Dochartaigh, I tested and made this demo video for jmsbosss.

Dochartaigh wrote: For your C2-6104A, what do you think of it?

C2-6104A is pretty good for my basic (240p) retro gaming requirement. It supports both analog & digital input signal, this is a plus. And, its four c2 scaler engines bring more fun, 4x sources into one output with 2x2 or 3+1 grid.
Haven't tried further more scenarios as you mentioned yet.

Dochartaigh wrote: To get 1 single source to downscale to 240p, did you use a DVI to VGA/breakout to BNC's for your JVC CRT PVM? Anything else needed to do in the settings besides choose a single 1-source output (instead of 2x2)

I just use one DVI to 5 BNC adapter (Ya, there is no DA conversion, it just uses the analog signal pin inside the DVI) for my JVC CRT. And for single out, it just a tvone setting, choosing to just output a single source content.

Dochartaigh wrote: What I've been meaning to try on the C2-6104A is if that can replace those two 2200's, and let me have four INDIVIDUAL profiles - one for each of the 4x inputs, and have it SAVE those, so I can then have every 480p console with it's own tailored (and properly sized and centered) settings all ready to go, then just throw up whichever console on my CRT and I won't have to mess with the settings at all since they'll be programmed in and remembered

Yes, I think it will work. It's what profile does, isn't it? :)
And I believe there are more than 4 profile slots for saving, probably 8. (the c2-6104 is not on hand now. I have played with c2-5000/7000 as well, they all support multiple profiles up to 8 I think.)