TUTORIAL for TVOne Corio2 240p Downscalers

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Xer Xian

Re: TUTORIAL for TVOne Corio2 240p Downscalers

Post by Xer Xian »

Dochartaigh wrote:it would be amazing if we could save all our centering and scaling on a per-console basis most definitely.
I don't understand what's the trouble here. You recommend creating a profile per each console, so you should be able to center the image by dialing in a specific front/back porch setting (forgot how they are labelled on the software); as for the scaling, I tried downscaling with three different consoles and I never needed to change the TL pos. from 1/-1 (forgot which it was). Am I missing something here?
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Xer Xian wrote:
Dochartaigh wrote:it would be amazing if we could save all our centering and scaling on a per-console basis most definitely.
I don't understand what's the trouble here. You recommend creating a profile per each console, so you should be able to center the image by dialing in a specific front/back porch setting (forgot how they are labelled on the software); as for the scaling, I tried downscaling with three different consoles and I never needed to change the TL pos. from 1/-1 (forgot which it was). Am I missing something here?
There's a bug.

Sometimes, using the onscreen menu to shift the sampling or output horizontally will cause the input sampling to shift one line. Easily corrected, but annoying.

A custom output timing for every console is the way to go. That guarantees proper centering, the filtering options you want, and the best motion (frame synchronisation).

Given that the Corio2 can store over a hundred user settings, there's plenty of space.
We apologise for the inconvenience
nmalinoski

Post by nmalinoski »

I couldn't use the XML outright. I had to modify the scaler_ProductType element to "C2-1200", otherwise it complained about a product mismatch. After that, the resolutions loaded just fine. :)

Still can't figure out how to configure presets, and my OSD apparently isn't working anymore.

Edit: I guess the OSD just doesn't work on the RGB input for some reason.
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

nmalinoski wrote:No, it doesn't support 240p, as far as I know. I have 480p over HDMI from my N64 going into a Portta HDMI->VGA converter going into the C2-1200 going into AV3 on my OSSC going into DVI on my Dell U2410. The C2-1200 is supposed to be downscaling to 240p, which the OSSC should bring back to 480p so my monitor will actually display it (ideally).
So you're going from a 240p N64, which outputs 480p with a HDMI mod, then downscaling that to 240p with the Corio2, then back up to 480p via an OSSC for your Dell 480p monitor? So 240p > 480p > 240p > 480p?????? I've honestly never tried a chain like this (and you're kinda blowing my mind right now lol ;)

It sounds like it might not be possible right now, but definitely break out your CRT when you can and try it on that. Try to eliminate as much of this stuff from the chain so you can figure out (or at least narrow it down) to what's giving you an issue.

Once you have that CRT, do you have any regular 480p system you could try to see how it works? If you don't you could even try a laptop set to 640x480 (480p) resolution with your HDMI to VGA adapter, then try downscaling that to 240p for your CRT.

nmalinoski wrote:I did watch both videos, but neither demonstrates how to configure or save profiles on my own using the software. I absolutely agree that the software is unintuitive.
I've only been able to save the preset on the Corio2 itself - not through the software like you're trying. I'm sure it can be done there, just never tried it myself.

Give this a watch at 2:00. Once you have it up and running, (on the Corio2 itself) you go to the Adjust Preset menu, store the preset, then go to System, Push to Store and it should again save everything. Like I said however, this works on the C2-400, so yours might be a little different. On my C2-2200 I can just push the center joystick and it'll save (I think to the Preset I'm currently on - not positive). If I get some time I can break out my C2-1250 to confirm that one can save the preset one of these two ways (but there's no guarantee that'll be exactly like your 1200 but I would bet it is).

Xer Xian wrote:
You can definitely center the image through the Resolution Presets - not arguing that as that's what the front/back porches and such are for. I know you've told me you like to program everything on your Corio2 itself (NOT the software) - when you adjust one of the front/back porch settings on the Corio2 itself, I assume it changes the other value so it's balanced (like those video timing calculators online, and the TVOne software does for you)?

I simply find it's easier to do it through the ("regular" non-Resolution Preset) menus I talk about in the Scaling and Centering part of this tutorial. You might even want to adjust a game at a time on rare occasion (especially for the 360 TATE's) and I find all that is done easier through those other menus as well (and especially for people not knowledgeable about timings like these - I barely know them myself).

BUT, it's the image bounds and scaling the image I'm more-so talking about – I can't find a way to save those settings on a per-console basis as they're not part of the timings which are saved under Resolution Presets.

For the type of stuff that I'm downscaling, and why they might be a little different than each other, I downscale:

• Dreamcast via Toro (through Extron RGB)
• Original Xbox YPbPr through Audio Authority 9A65 YPbPr to RGBS converter (although I could bypass that for the OG Xbox - just have that in the chain for my BVM-D20 with native RGBS 480p)
• Wii (GC games mostly) through same A.A. 9A65
• Xbox 360 over VGA cable

I have found I both have to re-center on a per-console basis (which the Resolution Presets can take over), and do some margins (probably using the wrong word here - H. Size and V. Size type stuff) to get it how I like it, and I can't figure out how to save those setting on a per-console basis. So that's the type of stuff I want to be able to save a Preset of some sort for.

Oh, and it probably doesn't help that I'm using converters (which may shift the image ever so slightly), and I also use different monitors for each most of the time (360 is mostly my TATE CRT, the rest my normal PVM-3230...sometimes Dreamcast shmups are TATE too), and those monitors aren't setup identical to each other either.

orange808 wrote:A custom output timing for every console is the way to go. That guarantees proper centering, the filtering options you want, and the best motion (frame synchronisation).

Given that the Corio2 can store over a hundred user settings, there's plenty of space.
Do you know exactly that the Presets (in the Adjust Presets menu) saves? So far I've only seen it save which Preset Resolution, and Output type you choose - I messed with all sorts of values (to scale, center, etc), then saved it, and unless I messed up something it doesn't seem to save any of those.

nmalinoski wrote:I couldn't use the XML outright. I had to modify the scaler_ProductType element to "C2-1200", otherwise it complained about a product mismatch. After that, the resolutions loaded just fine. :)

Still can't figure out how to configure presets, and my OSD apparently isn't working anymore.

Edit: I guess the OSD just doesn't work on the RGB input for some reason.
I would reflash the firmware and start over if you're not getting the OSD to show-up anymore. That doesn't sound right to me. I have a feeling it could also be because of some of the other devices in your chain like I mentioned before.

In regards to the XML, if you do get it working, would you mind PMing me the modified file so I can post it for others to use? (good to know there's a field which is different between models and needs to be changed)
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Dochartaigh wrote:
Do you know exactly that the Presets (in the Adjust Presets menu) saves? So far I've only seen it save which Preset Resolution, and Output type you choose - I messed with all sorts of values (to scale, center, etc), then saved it, and unless I messed up something it doesn't seem to save any of those.
I only use one of the "presets". My one preset boots up to the generic 240p custom output resolution I created.

I created multiple custom resolutions. I have one for each console and I named the resolutions names like "PS2", "Drmcst", and "HiDfNES". After I turn on the Corio2, I just select the output resolution that I need from the menu. When I first turn it on, it's set to the one I named "240p" (because that's what the preset tells the machine to do) and I change to the custom output resolution that I need after that.

You can use the front and back porch settings to get the image properly centered (for each console) by individually programming multiple custom output "resolutions". So, you'll have a list 240p resolutions saved with different horizontal porch settings to match each input machine. That will allow you to get a centered image quickly.

------

Try this:
Forget the Corio2 for a moment and try this experiment on your OSSC:
Go to the sampling section on the OSSC menu. Find and adjust the timings for the current input signal. As you change the porch settings, you will instantly see the image shift on screen.
Xer Xian

Post by Xer Xian »

Dochartaigh wrote:I have found I both have to re-center on a per-console basis (which the Resolution Presets can take over), and do some margins (probably using the wrong word here - H. Size and V. Size type stuff) to get it how I like it, and I can't figure out how to save those setting on a per-console basis. So that's the type of stuff I want to be able to save a Preset of some sort for.
Ok, I get it now. I'm pretty sure there's no way to save multiple profiles each one corresponding to a given configuration across the various sub-menus. The 'Push to store' command under the 'System' sub-menu does exactly that, but there aren't slots there so you're limited to saving one general configuration only.

I'm not 100% sure (haven't checked), but I think that the 'Adjust preset' function only saves the current resolution, lock mode, and output mode (the settings under the 'Adjust output' group). And btw (in my experience) in order to save these presets there's no need to go under 'System' and 'Push to store' - selecting the number and pressing 'store' (in the same window) will be enough.

More generally, I understand your point that people might prefer using the various scaling controls to fine-tune the picture, but there are several problems with this approach, and you already know them: 1) no way to store these settings, 2) window and AR controls on Corio2 scalers tend not to be intuitive, 3) if you aren't taking full advantage of the positioning and size parameters when you're creating your 240p timings, then what's the point of having console-specific profiles in the first place.
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

orange808 wrote: You can use the front and back porch settings to get the image properly centered (for each console) by individually programming multiple custom output "resolutions". So, you'll have a list 240p resolutions saved with different horizontal porch settings to match each input machine. That will allow you to get a centered image quickly.
I'm totally with you, but the problem isn't saving the centering, or even the H.freq.fine which I know you like to fine-tune (both of those I believe are part of the Resolution Presets menu which is totally able to be saved).

BUT, my problem (and I think a lot of the guys who have been messing with these on the Facebook groups), is how to save not only centering, but scaling, and H. Size and V. Size type things (enlarging the image horizontally and vertically, adjusting the picture bounds so something isn't cut off, etc). That is NOT part of the Resolution Presets menu, and can NOT be saved there.

So that leads us to the Presets menu (under 'Adjust Presets'), which seems to be the only other area to save some settings on the device. I was hoping that would save these other values we commonly have to mess with, but I just don't think it does.

What you have to understand is somebody using traditional (mostly 4:3) 480p system on these has certain needs, and somebody who is trying to run all those ~6th gen systems AND PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, even PSTV and other random ones. Even people who can't use Soft15khz or CRT Emudriver are downscaling their PC's with these (which is actually one of the things it was originally meant for)....so that's a LOT of different systems, playing all these newer games (some in 4:3, lots in 16:9), and a LOT of things to try to find a way to save ALL these settings (if we possibly can of course).
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

Xer Xian wrote:3) if you aren't taking full advantage of the positioning and size parameters when you're creating your 240p timings, then what's the point of having console-specific profiles in the first place.
Are you able to plug in scaling into these 240p timings? That wouldn't be ideal (as I assume that might be a lot of trial and error), but it would be something at least which we could save on a per-console basis.

With my Raspberry Pi 3's, using timings pretty much an identical type to these, I was never able to scale via those numbers no matter what I did (but maybe that was because the RP3 has a limited pixel clock?). Are you talking about doing things like messing with the 720x240 parameters to get the image a little larger or smaller (then of course centering it is the easy part)? Just don't know that much about this to know - but I thought that was pretty set in stone (the 240 at least) to get an image to display on a SD CRT.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

I don't think you can do much with the vertical size. That will create uneven scanlines. We are expecting every two scanlines of the 480p input signal to be identical. If we prescale the vertical scanlines of the 480p input, we probably lose the line doubled/integer scaled 480p input (that we need).

You could try changing the output timings, but even if you did start adjusting the total lines, most SD televisions won't tolerate very much variation from 262 or 263 total lines.

For zoom (and *especially* "vertical zoom"), you probably need to adjust your display.

The horizontal settings will be more flexible, but you may introduce shimmering on a good monitor. You may also lose your aspect ratio.
Xer Xian

Post by Xer Xian »

What orange808 said basically.

I haven't put much time into fine-tuning this (I only stored a generic 240p profile), but it's clear that the best result would be having half of the vertical resolution vertically (if source is 480p) and a perfect match horizontally. The horizontal axis is much less critical than the vertical since 1) there are no scanlines and 2) in general, pixel art games run at a low horizontal resolution natively. So there's some leeway here (unless you're super anal).

You can change the timings while the Corio2 is outputting that same resolution, so you can see the effects of the changes directly. Other than changing the active area, I *think* you could also try to keep that fixed and change the total number of pixels (or whatever it's called) and the back/front porches to get the AR you want - but there are limits here since CRT's need to have a minimum time to retrace.
Xer Xian

Post by Xer Xian »

I've just hooked up my C2-750 again and for some reason it would only show a narrow column in the middle of the screen from external sources.. I don't recall that ever happened to me before? Changing an AR setting under the window sub-menu solved the issue though. Also, now my 240p profile apparently does not need any tweaking in the source sub-menu in order to show proper scanlines (while previously it required setting 'TL pos. adjust' to 1 or -1). Corio2's machines man! They never fail to throw you off :)
Dochartaigh wrote:when you adjust one of the front/back porch settings on the Corio2 itself, I assume it changes the other value so it's balanced (like those video timing calculators online, and the TVOne software does for you)?
Yes, it derives the front porch by difference from the other parameters (therefore, 'H/V start' is the back porch). Increasing 'H active' (everything else fixed) will cause the picture to stretch to the right (since total nr. of pixels is fixed, front porch will be reduced accordingly). Then you can easily center it back by reducing 'H start'. As expected, changing the horizontal size doesn't have that much of an influence on picture quality.

Of course, changing V size is not the way to go to stretch or shrink vertically. You could try to increase the total lines and V start, or just forcing 16:9 on the TV. Or just avoid downscaling 16:9 titles altogether :)
Turom

Post by Turom »

Dochartaigh wrote: Don’t get these models:
C2-1100 - ONE person on Reddit couldn’t get his working...but he doesn’t own a programmer cable to reinstall firmware and do the settings via software...
That's me! And yeah since this unit only got YPbPr output looks like it's just bad pick.

Thanks for the great guide!
nmalinoski

Post by nmalinoski »

Turom wrote:
Dochartaigh wrote: Don’t get these models:
C2-1100 - ONE person on Reddit couldn’t get his working...but he doesn’t own a programmer cable to reinstall firmware and do the settings via software...
That's me! And yeah since this unit only got YPbPr output looks like it's just bad pick.

Thanks for the great guide!
If you want a USB serial cable, I bought this UGREEN one a while back, and I had zero issues using it to configure my C2-1200. I had previously used it when I was trying to fix my Kramer FC-4040, but that also needed a null modem adapter.
hyrulebr

Post by hyrulebr »

Hi

Thanks for the nice tutorial! :D

Just bought a C2-750 from Ebay (the seller accepted my offer $ 49.99 plus shipping) but just the body (tested working condition) without power adapter...

Any recomendation for a replacement? I saw online 12V @1A center positive. Just need to figure out the tip (connector).

Thanks
JigsawMan

Post by JigsawMan »

Hi,

Thanks for the tutorial, the preset detail was particularly helpful as I could not have figured that our myself! I also had to set the output the RGBS as default for me seemed to be RGBHV.

The 2355A has a LAN port and the Corio2 software works just fine on Win10.

I can confirm that the TVOne C2-2355A downscales just fine to 240p. I currently have it wired up from an Xbox 360 VGA into the scaler and then out of the DVI-I port on the C2 into a 2053MD using this cable https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000MTL0G2/ (The C4 pin on the DVI-I cables outputs Composite Sync at 5v TTL) so you just connect the H-Sync cable to the Ext-Sync port on the PVM.

240p Much Muchi Pork Looks great! I haven;t had time to check out the other Cave ports yet.

I'm now looking for a cable to connect the DVI-I to RGB Scart for my consumer TV (with <1v csync). Not having much joy with that at the moment.

cheers,

Dan
Last edited by JigsawMan on Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

hyrulebr wrote:Just bought a C2-750 from Ebay (the seller accepted my offer $ 49.99 plus shipping) but just the body (tested working condition) without power adapter...

Any recomendation for a replacement? I saw online 12V @1A center positive. Just need to figure out the tip (connector).
Unfortunately I don't know what kind/size it uses - maybe it's in the manual? If not I can measure with my digital calipers but that's usually a flawed way to find that info out - I would simply write TVOne - their customer service has been top notch for me. I do know some of my units came with Extron power supplies so that may be another option (and may very well be a super common type you can pickup for cheap).

JigsawMan wrote:The 2255A has a LAN port and the Corio2 software works just fine on Win10.

I can confirm that the TVOne C2-2355A downscales just fine to 240p.
Great to confirm another unit(s?) are working! Do you have the 2255A? or 2355A (or both - just want to add it to the list as 'confirmed working')?

JigsawMan wrote:I'm now looking for a cable to connect the DVI-I to RGB Scart for my consumer TV (with <1v csync). Not having much joy with that at the moment.
Basically you can use a readily available SCART to BNC cable, then use a DVI to BNC dongle to connect the two. When I have to go from my Extron Crosspoint (which has BNC outputs only) to something which has SCART (like my Shinybow SB-2840 RGBS>YPbPr converter, or OSSC or Framemeister XRGB-mini), I use one of these Wookieewin (from eBay) cables I modified - retrogamingcables.co.uk makes them too. This is what I use:

Now people normally use these to go from their RGBS consoles with SCART plugs to the BNC's on the back of a Sony BVM or PVM. Those normally have a FEMALE SCART socket, so I installed a Male SCART socket instead, and switched the pins around as SCART switches a couple pins depending on which direction it's running. Wookieewin on eBay can make one exactly like this if you message him, and maybe retrogamingcables.co.uk makes one now as well.

For consumer devices which don't like TTL level sync I would install a resistor on the sync pin of the SCART to drop it down to less than 1Vp-p. I want to say it's 470Ω but please double-check that.

So you can see in my pic that I don't have a BNC to DVI dongle, so I used a VGA to BNC, then added a VGA to DVI on the end of that. Most all Corio2's I've seen have VGA output as well so you might be able to skip that and go straight into VGA.
JigsawMan

Post by JigsawMan »

Dochartaigh wrote:
JigsawMan wrote:The 2255A has a LAN port and the Corio2 software works just fine on Win10.

I can confirm that the TVOne C2-2355A downscales just fine to 240p.
Great to confirm another unit(s?) are working! Do you have the 2255A? or 2355A (or both - just want to add it to the list as 'confirmed working')?
Whoops, typo. My bad. It is the 2355A with DVI out (supports dvi-i, d and as well as rgbs, rgbhv over the same connector). No vga output, but I see why they opted for using a dvi port as it offers so many options.

Thanks for the cable advice, really appreciated. I’m not wonderful with soldering so I’ll probably keep looking for something pre-made. I think videogameperfection have had them previously. BTW, Where did you get the vga to bnc cable from? Would this one be similar https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0033AF5Y0/

Actually how about a Kenzei https://www.beharbros.com/kenzei to take the rgbs in on vga (from the dvi-i on the Corio2) and then rgbs scart out into a regular consumer tv. That should work as it outputs 1v sync I believe, or am I missing something?
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

JigsawMan wrote: Thanks for the cable advice, really appreciated. I’m not wonderful with soldering so I’ll probably keep looking for something pre-made. I think videogameperfection have had them previously. BTW, Where did you get the vga to bnc cable from? Would this one be similar https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0033AF5Y0/

Actually how about a Kenzei https://www.beharbros.com/kenzei to take the rgbs in on vga (from the dvi-i on the Corio2) and then rgbs scart out into a regular consumer tv. That should work as it outputs 1v sync I believe, or am I missing something?
I like used Extron VGA to BNC breakout cables/dongles from eBay. Usually never over $10 USD shipped (might vary in the UK), but that one should work fine.

For the Kenzei, I don't know its tech specs and how it handles sync. I also don't know if the Corio2's can change the output voltage on the sync line when it's RGBS vs RGBHV/VGA (where VGA is always 5vp-p/TTL level sync I believe). For me specifically, I use an Extron Crosspoint switcher (with everything looped into it AND the outputs looped back into it as well) so that always raises any sync line to TTL level which can be unsafe for consumer electronics which is why I always use the resistor on sync lines going to consumer devices no matter what.
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

querschnitt wrote:I'm thinking about getting one of these devices to use my ps2, xbox classic and wii on my new hdtv (with doesn't have any component inputs) and I'm wondering: do these devices have passthrough modes without any scaling?
orange808 says the C2-400 does. I can double check but I think most of the other ones do too.
nmalinoski

Post by nmalinoski »

querschnitt wrote:thx for the reply!

I've just checked the C2-400 and I think i can't use it.

like I said: I wanna hook it up to my qled. I don't wanna downscale. I need YPbPr input > DVI/HDMI output :)
For that, I would recommend one of two things. If you only need to convert standard-definition YPbPr, or you want to connect S-Video or composite sources, use a RetroTINK 2X. It has three modes: passthrough, line2x (240p/480i->480p), and line2x with a smoothing filter. The downsides are that you can only have one source connected at a time (all three inputs are bridged, and there's no traditional input switching functionality), and that, again, it only supports SD/15kHz sources.

If you need to connect both SD and ED/HD sources, then you should get either an OSSC or a Framemeister. The OSSC is cheaper and effectively lagless, but is only a line multiplier, and many older TVs, especially 1080p panels and older, have trouble with line multiplication above 2x; whereas the Framemeister is a proper scaler and outputs a normalized video feed for better compatibility, but it's significantly more expensive and has about a frame of lag.

Or, if you don't care about video quality or lag, you can just get one of those cheapo, unbranded YPbPr component to HDMI converters on eBay and Amazon. :)
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Corio2 passthrough is on the analog units and it literally passes the signal from the input to the output when the unit is powered down. It's passive and there's no transcoding.
nmalinoski

Post by nmalinoski »

orange808 wrote:Corio2 passthrough is on the analog units and it literally passes the signal from the input to the output when the unit is powered down. It's passive and there's no transcoding.
Ah, but these Corio2 units don't have HDMI outputs; at least not the <$100 ones.
svensonson

Post by svensonson »

nmalinoski wrote:
orange808 wrote:Corio2 passthrough is on the analog units and it literally passes the signal from the input to the output when the unit is powered down. It's passive and there's no transcoding.
Ah, but these Corio2 units don't have HDMI outputs; at least not the <$100 ones.
A bunch of them do have DVI-I ouputs which also can transmit audio with the latest firmware update
TerakRall

Post by TerakRall »

Got a good deal on a C2-2355A scaler on eBay - thanks for this tutorial. I'm prepping my cabling. I have a Crosspoint that currently handles all my inputs and goes out to my various monitors, and plan to add another Crosspoint in between the first one and my monitors so I can choose between standard image (input 1) and downscaled (input 2) before going out to the monitors.

I plan to use the VGA input on the scaler for all signals (RGBs and component). I already own a VGA-RGBHV cable that I'm not using. Can I use that cable from the Crosspoint to the scaler and the extra BNC connector just won't be used, or do I need to pick up a 4BNC VGA cable?

Likewise, to go the other way (DVI output from the scaler to a VGA adapter to BNC) can I use a standard RGBHV VGA breakout to the new Crosspoint and the output type (RGBs or component) will be handled by the scaler?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

I have a Crosspoint that currently handles all my inputs and goes out to my various monitors, and plan to add another Crosspoint in between the first one and my monitors so I can choose between standard image (input 1) and downscaled (input 2) before going out to the monitors.
since the crosspoints are matrix switches with as many connections active at the same time as the inputs/outputs allow, you don't need a 2nd crosspoint to do this. You can simply loop in any processing device if you got one input and one output left unused. Simply connect both the input of the Corio to one of the crosspoint's outputs and its output to one of the crosspoint's inputs and you can enable down scaling for any monitor that's connected to the matrix.
TerakRall

Post by TerakRall »

Fudoh wrote:
You can simply loop in any processing device if you got one input and one output left unused. Simply connect both the input of the Corio to one of the crosspoint's outputs and its output to one of the crosspoint's inputs and you can enable down scaling for any monitor that's connected to the matrix.
I didn't know this was possible. That'll save some hassle. Thanks!
Danexmurder

Post by Danexmurder »

TerakRall wrote:
Fudoh wrote:
You can simply loop in any processing device if you got one input and one output left unused. Simply connect both the input of the Corio to one of the crosspoint's outputs and its output to one of the crosspoint's inputs and you can enable down scaling for any monitor that's connected to the matrix.
I didn't know this was possible. That'll save some hassle. Thanks!
Yep, that’s what I do.
TerakRall

Post by TerakRall »

I ended up with an extra C2-2355A. The eBay seller had a lot of two listed and I messaged asking if I could make a best offer for just one, and they said yes. I made the offer for $50, was accepted - and then they mailed me both for $50. Going to check in with the seller to see if they made a mistake because I feel morally obligated to, but if not, then I'd be happy to sell the other for $25 + shipping and pay it forward.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Bonus points: the machine can be used to mirror or flip the screen.
I'm really curious about this, is it a "built in" feature?
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Strider77 wrote:
Bonus points: the machine can be used to mirror or flip the screen.
I'm really curious about this, is it a "built in" feature?
Yes. It's built in. You just turn it on in the menu.

It cannot rotate the image. It just reverses (horizontal and/or vertical) lines of the image.