Extron Crosspoint TOUCHSCREEN Control

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Dochartaigh

Re: Extron Crosspoint Switcher TOUCHSCREEN Remote Control

Post by Dochartaigh »

wildchild22 wrote:Would anyone be willing to make some graphic buttons like Dochartaigh has in his download above?
To be honest I do not know how to make the graphics. I tried using gimp and it is a lot harder then It should be.
I would like to have some of the missing graphics buttons for hdmi based systems I have.
I am going to use a few extron dxp hdmi switches.
Not to be mean, but I don't think people giving you graphics is going to help – as the programming and building of the HTML page is exponentially harder than making the graphics themselves (and if you know how to HTML code something, then more likely than not you know Photoshop a little bit – otherwise you wouldn't be able to make web pages, period).

Anyway, if it happens to help, here's a bunch of button graphics I made for the physical back-lit buttons on Extron Crosspoint Ultra's, 450's, etc. Lots of video game logos (and CRT, up/downscaler, converter, etc) type graphics in a square. This is the exact art I used to build the Extron Crosspoint touchscreen control panel webpage to begin with:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q2pYwa ... sp=sharing
wildchild22

Post by wildchild22 »

I have the html all working. I just needed the buttons.
The hdmi dxp is basically the same as the MAV component switcher I bought.

I will download the link you posted.

thanks

Dochartaigh wrote:
wildchild22 wrote:Would anyone be willing to make some graphic buttons like Dochartaigh has in his download above?
To be honest I do not know how to make the graphics. I tried using gimp and it is a lot harder then It should be.
I would like to have some of the missing graphics buttons for hdmi based systems I have.
I am going to use a few extron dxp hdmi switches.
Not to be mean, but I don't think people giving you graphics is going to help – as the programming and building of the HTML page is exponentially harder than making the graphics themselves (and if you know how to HTML code something, then more likely than not you know Photoshop a little bit – otherwise you wouldn't be able to make web pages, period).

Anyway, if it happens to help, here's a bunch of button graphics I made for the physical back-lit buttons on Extron Crosspoint Ultra's, 450's, etc. Lots of video game logos (and CRT, up/downscaler, converter, etc) type graphics in a square. This is the exact art I used to build the Extron Crosspoint touchscreen control panel webpage to begin with:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q2pYwa ... sp=sharing
SentientGiraffe

Post by SentientGiraffe »

I'd like to do something like this, but my Extron Crosspoint doesn't have ethernet. I might try to setup a REST service to send serial commands to the switcher. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard.
DerElektrika

Post by DerElektrika »

Hi, i registred only for this thread.
My Extron Crosspoint Ultra 128 HVA got Sync Problems with RGBS, now i wanted to look if i can change something over the web interface.
But this is also a problem, somebody changed the ip adress... and the reset button does not work proberly.
So is searched about the program from Extron, but there is also a registration process. Can somebody send me the program to my email adress please?

Alex
DanderBunch

Re: Control Extron Crosspoint switcher with a Touchscreen!

Post by DanderBunch »

Dochartaigh wrote: People can also PM me for other needed items... Extron is really bitchy about non-professional people having access to their portal site so you can't just download their Windows control software. People who can't connect to their Crosspoint via ethernet may need that Windows control software (like I talked about above in my initial post: i.e. having to connect to it via Serial cable first, then turn the option on to allow regular ethernet connection).
Sorry to bring up such an old thread but are you able to PM me (im not able to pm you) for some questions about the windows software? I've aquired a dxp 8x4 and im fairly certain that the previous owner had never turned on dhcp...
TallyFeli

Post by TallyFeli »

Hi....I just got an Extron Crosspoint 300 84HVA. For control, do you utilize the Extron programming or some other application? Additionally, is there any method for incorporating this switch with a current IR dissemination framework?
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

CALLING ANY WEB DESIGNERS WITH EXPERIENCE IN RESPONSIVE WEB DESIGN TO PLEASE HELP WITH THIS PROJECT

If we have any HTML/CSS/Coding professionals here, I started a new topic called "Crosspoint RESPONSIVE Touchscreen-Control (CRT-C®)"

I built a new interface which auto-resizes to ANY screen size (using responsive web design principles), but it still needs some tweaking to be 100%. If anybody can lend a hand and take a look at the code and tweak it PLEASE let me know! It's literally 95% of the way there... but is beyond my skill to get it that extra 5%.

You can see below in red where it's not scaling exactly how it should be – it's close though! Just need your help to make it perfect: