Anyone have Hue/Saturation problems with Framemeister?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
SamBushman

Anyone have Hue/Saturation problems with Framemeister?

Post by SamBushman »

Hi guys,
I recently purchased a Framemeister and excitedly hooked it up to my television. In addition to using it for high quality RGB images from retro consoles, I was also planning on using it as a better alternative to the upscalers offered by modern televisions for my devices that do not have HDMI (such as my Laseractive, which only outputs composite). However, in my testing I've found Vay for the Sega CD experiences odd Hue/Saturation issues when running portions of the game. I've only tested through my Laseractive (and therefore composite video). In the cinematics and combat scenes, everything looks great. However, walking around the world and looking at character menus (which I think are running at a different resolution) distort the Hue and Saturation. I can manually adjust it to get it about right, but the image itself flickers the hue and brightness a bit (whereas the other "working" scenes have a nice stable image). When I leave one of the distorted scenes and enter a stable scene, I must revert my Hue and Saturation changes to get correct colors. This behavior is also visible on my capture device (an Elgato Game Capture HD) so I believe this is something with the Framemeister itself.

Testing Lunar 2, I haven't hit a problematic scene yet. I also haven't seen any changes in resolution between scenes (yet).

As a final data point, the trademark screen for the Sega CD BIOS that shows when loading a game (the one with Sonic posing beside the Sega logo while blue sparkles fall on the logo) also has messed up Saturation and Hue.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does this only happen with Composite video signals? Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks for any help,
Sam