20M2MDE upper and lower bowing.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
drojman

20M2MDE upper and lower bowing.

Post by drojman »

Hi folks,

Wondering if someone can help. I picked up the monitor in the title earlier and I'm so far pretty happy with it.

The issue I'm having is that towards the top of the monitor and to a lesser extent the lower, the image bows outward. No matter what I adjust in the OSD, the curve is still there.

Here's a picture:

https://imgur.com/a/y5o3kob

I was wondering if anyone might know how to fix this? Anything that scrolls vertically makes it quite noticeable.

Thank you.
maxtherabbit

Re: 20M2MDE upper and lower bowing.

Post by maxtherabbit »

drojman wrote:Hi folks,

Wondering if someone can help. I picked up the monitor in the title earlier and I'm so far pretty happy with it.

The issue I'm having is that towards the top of the monitor and to a lesser extent the lower, the image bows outward. No matter what I adjust in the OSD, the curve is still there.

Here's a picture:

https://imgur.com/a/y5o3kob

I was wondering if anyone might know how to fix this? Anything that scrolls vertically makes it quite noticeable.

Thank you.
I believe the setting you need is called "upper pin amp"

according to the service manual I just googled, it's setting number 12 (number 11 is lower pin amp if you want to mess with that as well)
drojman

Post by drojman »

Thanks, I've tried the upper (and lower) pin amp setting, but no matter what I do those lines will stay curving outward. The majority of the image will bend in, but then the very upper lines will still curve towards the outer edge on their own.
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

drojman wrote:Thanks, I've tried the upper (and lower) pin amp setting, but no matter what I do those lines will stay curving outward. The majority of the image will bend in, but then the very upper lines will still curve towards the outer edge on their own.
hmm you may have to try magnets on the back of the tube then, it could also potentially be a component failure in the deflection section
drojman

Post by drojman »

Alright thanks. My next step will be to try the magnets. I don't mind so much about the lower area, but if I could straighten the upper corners, I'd be thrilled.
rancid

Post by rancid »

Just wanted to post I picked up this same model and it has the exact same issue as yours. I tried all the settings and made it more liveable, but I have yet to find any factory service menu item that will correct the "curve" of the lines.

Keep me posted please if the magnets work. :)