OG Xbox connectors available on Console 5

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
thebigcheese

OG Xbox connectors available on Console 5

Post by thebigcheese »

Just a quick FYI, I saw last week that Console 5 has started stocking connectors for original Xbox now: https://console5.com/store/microsoft-xb ... inal.html/. Should make it pretty cheap and easy to make component cables instead of buying the original ones (which are quite expensive). They also have connectors for 360 now if you're into that.
nmalinoski

Re: OG Xbox connectors available on Console 5

Post by nmalinoski »

This is neat, though I wonder why they didn't include a TOSLINK or coax port for digital audio, like the Monster cables used to have.
Star1

Post by Star1 »

For the OG Xbox, the original composite cables has a fully populated connector (at least mine did), but always good to have other options available.
thebigcheese

Post by thebigcheese »

Yeah, would be neat if they had an optical port as well. Still, this is mostly a nice way to not have to tear apart the original cables.
citrus3000psi

Post by citrus3000psi »

nmalinoski wrote:This is neat, though I wonder why they didn't include a TOSLINK or coax port for digital audio, like the Monster cables used to have.
I doubt they had molds made for themselves. I'm sure they sourced a trading company in China that has the molds for all these off brand cables.