Need help with AmaRecTV audio capture devices

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
bytesaber

Need help with AmaRecTV audio capture devices

Post by bytesaber »

Hello there. Just seeking some potential tech support with my capture hardware. I've tried to search the web for answers, but I'm needing ideas from a forum.

AmaRecTV is not showing me a list of all audio devices from my system. When I use OBS, they are all there. My "Line In" seems to be missing from AmaRecTV's menu. Without it listed, I won't be able to choose Line In to capture from. Any idea why AmaRecTV is not able to find my Realtek Line In?

My Windows 10 64bit PC has a Realtek ACL889 onboard. The latest driver is 2.82. I capture with both my optical for digital, and 3.5mm Line In for analog. I can capture with either source using OBS. Both sources work great in OBS. But I want to capture in AmaRecTV as well! It used to work fine on this system.

Another strange issue with AmaRecTV. It does list the Realtek Digital Input for my Optical. I can choose it. But when I try to capture audio, there is no sound in the file. VLC does show that a 2CH 48K 16bit stream was recorded though. Again, this source does work just fine in OBS when comparing.

Any random guesses or suggestions are welcome.

This image shows "some" audio capture devices found in AmaRecTV.
It is missing "Line In" from the Realtek. It does show the Digital input.

This is a list of both Realtek devices found in Windows.

Here is OBS on the same host, clearly showing both inputs. Not sure why OBS can but AmaRecTV can not.
FinalBaton

Re: Need help with AmaRecTV audio capture devices

Post by FinalBaton »

I think Amarec only records video+audio, hence why it only recognizes video capture devices. At least that's my understanding. It also doesn't show audio-only devices for me.

I used it once or twice for audio only with my gaming capture card(digitizing an audio cassette), and I had to record some random video footage for it to start recording, so I plugged in my Sega Genesis in the capture card's video port and simultaneously recorded some game's attract mode while recording my cassette's audio, lol

You should use other software for audio-only, I think
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
bytesaber

Re: Need help with AmaRecTV audio capture devices

Post by bytesaber »

That's a good thought to keep in mind. Maybe that is why the Line In is not listed.

However the Digital In is listed, and that is from the same onboard chip. I am fairly certain that I used that SPIDF Optical to record audio from a another PC that had optical for sound, and chose video on a different capture device, to capture some gameplay from that PC. When I attempt to record the audio in AmaRecTV, it is just giving me silient audio in the file. I can hear the game though when I choose "Listen to this device" in Windows.

I am not trying to do audio only. I suppose the original post made it sound that way. Just trying to use optical audio from console or PC gaming sources that can provide that.