Anyone have any experience with a Mas Supernova and the OSSC

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
TorgoPSN

Anyone have any experience with a Mas Supernova and the OSSC

Post by TorgoPSN »

Kinda forgot that I have a Mas Systems SuperNova supergun and a couple of boards. I grabbed an RGB SCART cable for it, and the OSSC sees a signal, but it's not outputting anything.

Does anyone have any experience with this setup? I checked the settings Wiki, but nothing is on there for this.

Thanks a bunch folks
Harrumph

Re: Anyone have any experience with a Mas Supernova and the

Post by Harrumph »

If it sees input and has stable sync, it will also give output, so I don’t know what you mean.
You’re gonna have to provide more info.
TorgoPSN

Post by TorgoPSN »

Sometimes settings have to be tweaked, and it seems like this is the case in this instance.

http://www.firebrandx.com/osscprofiles.html

So, for example, the Neo Geo AES doesn't usually work unless you make the recommended changes on this page. I just create new OSSC profiles for the different systems and save them to the MicroSD
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

TorgoPSN wrote:Kinda forgot that I have a Mas Systems SuperNova supergun and a couple of boards. I grabbed an RGB SCART cable for it, and the OSSC sees a signal, but it's not outputting anything.

Does anyone have any experience with this setup? I checked the settings Wiki, but nothing is on there for this.

Thanks a bunch folks
I'm pretty sure with a supergun your worrying about the PCB output rather than ths supergun output. Its going to be different for each game.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

What boards are you trying to run? The OSSC is tested and working with other sources?

It is possible for OSSC to be faulty and the LCD to show a signal being received, but nothing being outputted via HDMI.
slerch666

Post by slerch666 »

I am wondering where you got the RGB cable for the Supernova? I have a Supernova but have lost my Svideo cable and have actually ordered parts to wire up a VGA style cable instead.

If it works, I will let you know.

I have used a custom built supergun from another builder (giuse.drag on eBay, aka OFFICINA ARCADE from Italy) and it works perfectly for Neo Geo. I need to pull out the Hyper Neo 64 to check it out.