Likelihood of another NT Mini release?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Brad251

Likelihood of another NT Mini release?

Post by Brad251 »

I really would like to own an NT Mini but it isn't in stock and the Analogue website says it isn't possible to produce more at this time because of the oversight required. Do you think it is likely that a revised and easier to manufacture version of the NT Mini will be released in the near future?

I have also heard that Analogue is working on an HDMI converter cable that can connect to analogue sources and put out 240p and that it will work with Analogue consoles. Does anyone have any idea if this is true?

Ideally, I want to own an NES console that has HDMI and RGB capabilities but my options for doing this are very expensive on an actual NES console. The NT Mini isn't cheap but it is cheaper than doing something like RGB modding one NES and Hi-def modding a second NES or RGB modding an NES and getting an OSSC. It seems like it would be worth it for me to wait for what Analogue does.
Gara

Re: Likelihood of another NT Mini release?

Post by Gara »

https://twitter.com/analogue/status/1019114054126727169

They seem to have a full plate at the moment. Super NT supply still isn't meeting demand and they have some sort of other project rumored to be ramping up. Kevtris is doing contract work of some sort and people seem to think it's a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive FPGA. Who knows.

I think the NT Mini will return but not any time soon. I imagine once they have the DAC and Super NT meeting demand a cheaper digital only version is released that works with the DAC. A return of the jailbreak and the various cores will hopefully follow.
SNK-NEO-GEO

Re: Likelihood of another NT Mini release?

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

"Ideally, I want to own an NES console that has HDMI and RGB capabilities but my options for doing this are very expensive on an actual NES console. The NT Mini isn't cheap but it is cheaper than doing something like RGB modding one NES and Hi-def modding a second NES or RGB modding an NES and getting an OSSC. It seems like it would be worth it for me to wait for what Analogue does."

The NES is my favorite console and before I got into RGB I was playing on a standard CRT 19". If NES is all that you want to play maybe a good inexpensive option is to find an old 80's TV with a deal buttons on the front Zenith and plug in the old NES via RF.. you will be surprised with the picture quality of those TVs and RF.. take it from a person that has seen a lot of different types of NES setup, try that route.
The Future Is Now