PVM-20N6 jittering issue

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
ElBartoME

PVM-20N6 jittering issue

Post by ElBartoME »

Hi!

I was a lurker here but now I decided to make an account. I have a problem where I'm not sure what the solution might be.

I recently found a PVM-20N6 sitting alone in my company basement. I brought it home and it still works quite well. It only has two issues:

Issue 1: The picture will get blurry if the contrast is set too high. This doesn't bother me that much really, as the contrast level where I have a sharp picture is still enough.

Issue 2: This one bothers me. There is a slight horizontal jitter. At first I thought it might be my SNES. But no, I have the same problem with my RetroPie with a Pi2Scart and with my Gamecube. Even the OSD is jittering slightly. Here is a video where you can clearly see the jitter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsCwdPxX7vA. The PVM-20N6 is the bottom monitor. I then move up to my PVM-14M2 where there is no jitter to be seen. It has a rock solid picture. Both are fed from the same source.

I suspected the capacitors in the horizontal deflection circuitry might be done for and I changed them. But that didn't help unfortunately.

Does anybody have any clue what might cause this behaviour?

Thanks!
ElBartoME

Re: PVM-20N6 jittering issue

Post by ElBartoME »

Bump, because it took some time to get the thread approved by the mods. :(
Niro starship

Re: PVM-20N6 jittering issue

Post by Niro starship »

Hi,
I got similar issue with my sony trinitrons crt tvs. :?
Did you ever find the solution for the jittery picture?

Please take a look on my post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64126&p=1354888#p1354888