XRGB-3 getting corrupted output from my PSP

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Myria

XRGB-3 getting corrupted output from my PSP

Post by Myria »

This forum came up when I was looking for help with my problem, since it talks about capture hardware. I don't play shoot-'em-ups.

The top of the screen from my PSP-3001 is corrupted when I try to use it with my XRGB-3. It's connected using a YPbPr cable and the D-sub adaptor the XRGB-3 came with.

The "NTSC AFC" setting changes the corruption at the top but does not fix it. FPGA settings B0 and B1 are no different regarding this. I cannot change the "NTSC dot clock" options - they're grayed out for reasons I don't know. My XRGB-3 works fine with my SNES.

Not an NFL fan; I simply haven't gotten to the stage of resetting the PSP from its previous owner's settings.

Lawfer

Re: XRGB-3 getting corrupted output from my PSP

Post by Lawfer »

That's weird, did you update to firmware Version2.51?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Is your PSP's output set to 480p without scaling ? The games themselves only use the inner 272 lines and you use the D1 zoom function to enlarge the image. I have honestly no idea if this was ever present on my setup, but if it was, it never reaches the actual 272 active lines that are used for games.
Myria

Post by Myria »

Lawfer wrote:That's weird, did you update to firmware Version2.51?
It's 2.31 now. I don't know how to install 2.51. The update tool says that it can't find the XRGB-3. Windows simply has a generic "USB Input Device" with a yellow warning indicator in Device Manager, and I don't see a driver to install for it.
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

Myria wrote:
It's 2.31 now.
Then you should update it, anything but 2.51 can lead to incompatibility problems between the XRGB-3 and your display, 2.51 takes care of that.

When I got my XRGB-3 with the stock firmware, DVI-D + 1080p wasn't compatible with my display, but that issue was fixed as soon as I updated it to 2.51.
Myria

Post by Myria »

Lawfer wrote:
Myria wrote:
It's 2.31 now.
Then you should update it, anything but 2.51 can lead to incompatibility problems between the XRGB-3 and your display, 2.51 takes care of that.

When I got my XRGB-3 with the stock firmware, DVI-D + 1080p wasn't compatible with my display, but that issue was fixed as soon as I updated it to 2.51.
The problem is between the PSP and the XRGB-3. The corrupted output also appears on my PC's capture.

How do I upgrade the firmware, though? The firmware updater never recognizes the XRGB-3.
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

Myria wrote:The problem is between the PSP and the XRGB-3. The corrupted output also appears on my PC's capture.
Then I dunno, there might be something wrong with the XRGB-3 or PSP then, possibly? From the way you are saying, the PSP is second hand.

Myria wrote:How do I upgrade the firmware, though? The firmware updater never recognizes the XRGB-3.
I managed to update with Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition, but it did took multiple tries (hook and unhook) for it to recognize it.
Myria

Post by Myria »

Lawfer wrote:I managed to update with Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition, but it did took multiple tries (hook and unhook) for it to recognize it.
Where do you get an actual driver for it? Is the firmware updater the only program? My Device Manager just says "USB Input Device" with a yellow ! icon.

Even better, I think the XRGB-3 freezes if I turn on the system with it attached over USB, and won't respond to even the power button anymore until I unplug power. It's like Windows is crashing it on connection.

Same behavior on my really old Windows XP machine. Tried several USB cables.