LaCie Electron 22blue

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
kel

Re: LaCie Electron 22blue

Post by kel »

It's the ones in FACT00. R1, B1 and G1 for temperature profile one and so on.
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

Actually, now that I think about it, my LaCie has RGB Bias and Gain settings in the main menu, no need to go in the service menu. Have you checked in there? Could be called a "custom" mode or something, in the same submenu where you pick color temperature and whatnot
karmeck

Post by karmeck »

kel wrote:It's the ones in FACT00. R1, B1 and G1 for temperature profile one and so on.
Well would you look at that. Wrote down the numbers frist. Changing red and now it's faint under 1. Thank you.
kel

Post by kel »

Glad you got it sorted. Those monitors can look really nice when the brightness is correct, I can remember playing some Gamecube games on one of mine in 480p and thinking how my top of the line Plasma TV could never make the colors look as good.
karmeck

Post by karmeck »

flickering image.

So I have this issue where running my crt monitor at 1280x720@60hz causes the monitor to sometime expand the image for a second and at the same time heighten and then lower the brightness(like a bright pulse). Tested the monitor with my computer at the same settings and had the same problem. However setting it to 1600x1200 @75hz removed the issue.

the seller claims to have had games at 1600x1200@85 witch no issues. He suggested that it might be the current summer heat causing the monitor to overheat and that lowering the hz lowers the temp.

on Facebook though someone suggested that maybe the monitor is not made for 85hz. cant find anything on just my monitor, but model 3 uses 85 at nativ and model 2 uses 75. So I guess my model 1 is a 75 hz model.

a suggestion that maybe the vga cable don't get enough power was also uttered.
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

karmeck wrote:flickering image.

So I have this issue where running my crt monitor at 1280x720@60hz causes the monitor to sometime expand the image for a second and at the same time heighten and then lower the brightness(like a bright pulse). Tested the monitor with my computer at the same settings and had the same problem. However setting it to 1600x1200 @75hz removed the issue.

the seller claims to have had games at 1600x1200@85 witch no issues. He suggested that it might be the current summer heat causing the monitor to overheat and that lowering the hz lowers the temp.

on Facebook though someone suggested that maybe the monitor is not made for 85hz. cant find anything on just my monitor, but model 3 uses 85 at nativ and model 2 uses 75. So I guess my model 1 is a 75 hz model.

a suggestion that maybe the vga cable don't get enough power was also uttered.
My LaCie currently gets a bad pincushion problem at 2048x1536 and 85hz. Lower it to 84hz... issue disappears. Other resolutions look fine at 85hz. Not sure what's going on there. I think I remember running that resolution and refresh combo on it in the past with no problems.

So I wish I could help you, but I thought I'd let you know that stuff like this isn't unheard of. Sucks for 720p though, that's the resolution you want to run most PS3 and Wii U games at.
LEGENOARYNINLIA

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

I just received a Electron 22 Blue II today, and now I'm looking for a manual for this purdy beast.

EDIT: Found one for the Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2040u
~The artist formerly known as TheRedKnight~
Fighting game photography: legenoaryninlia.tumblr.com
Fighting game tournament stuff: ninlia.home.blog