Best / easiest way to get audio from XBOX 360 onto my cab

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
mikehaggar

Best / easiest way to get audio from XBOX 360 onto my cab

Post by mikehaggar »

Hi all,

I'm running my XBOX 360 in my Egret 29 cab (Nanao MS8) in 24k mode using an Ultracade UVC for video, and also in conjunction with a Lemony Vengeance 360 padhack. (old school setup, I acquired all this years ago!) All runs smooth, but I don't have a good audio solution.

I currently just run my RCA cables into headphones and just play that way, but I'd like to somehow run the audio into the cab speakers. What is the easiest way to achieve this? I know that I can always get computer speakers and just do it that way, but I am wondering if there is an easy way to utilize the speakers this cab already has (without removing its normal regular jamma audio capabilities).

Thanks all!
nmalinoski

Re: Best / easiest way to get audio from XBOX 360 onto my ca

Post by nmalinoski »

Admittedly, I don't have much, if any, experience with arcade hardware; but, if your cab has an amp that gets fed line-level audio, would it make sense to splice in some RCA connections where line-level runs into the amp, which you can then disconnect from the normal audio source and connect the Xbox 360's RCA output?
mikehaggar

Post by mikehaggar »

Thanks for the tip. Does anybody have any details about this, is this the best way?
EllertMichael

Post by EllertMichael »

I use one of these:
Two Channel Auto Amplifier

You'll just need two female to female rca adapters to connect the 360's audio cables with the amp's built in cable, and some speaker wire to connect the cab's speakers to the amp.
mikehaggar

Post by mikehaggar »

Cool! Will this require undoing the normal speaker wires already there / disabling pcb jamma audio going into the speakers? I'd love for both to be able to work without having to do anything major.