component bnc to vga compatibility

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
vol.2

component bnc to vga compatibility

Post by vol.2 »

hi all, i have a projector that takes component inputs through a vga jack. the instructions say to use a component to vga pass-thru cable. can i just buy a VGA to 5 BNC cable and leave off the HV cables? i wanna do this because i would like to use the cable for rgb stuff as well.
orange808

Re: component bnc to vga compatibility

Post by orange808 »

vol.2 wrote:hi all, i have a projector that takes component inputs through a vga jack. the instructions say to use a component to vga pass-thru cable. can i just buy a VGA to 5 BNC cable and leave off the HV cables? i wanna do this because i would like to use the cable for rgb stuff as well.
Yes. The HD15 to 5 BNC will work fine.
We apologise for the inconvenience
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

thanks a. curious if you kniw whether this projector will take 15kHz rgb? it takes regular vga and 15kHz component thru the same connection. hmmm. its an epson 1060 if that helps
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

vol.2 wrote:thanks a. curious if you kniw whether this projector will take 15kHz rgb? it takes regular vga and 15kHz component thru the same connection. hmmm. its an epson 1060 if that helps
I would guess that it would sync to 15kHz rgbhv, whether or not it will accept csync on the hsync pin is a crapshoot
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

ive got a couple extrons and a sync strike to throw at it if any of that would help. i guess i can get a few different syncs that way. think i can coax it that way?
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

vol.2 wrote:ive got a couple extrons and a sync strike to throw at it if any of that would help. i guess i can get a few different syncs that way. think i can coax it that way?
you're just going to have to try it man, I'd bet you can find a working combo