shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:56 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:42 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2015
Posts: 480
Location: Bellingham, WA
I am trying to mod my 3DO FZ1 for 240p over S video.

Is there any modders out there who can perform this service for me?

if not, If you have any more information on the mod I would love to hear it.

It has been unplayed for years since I saw the mod and I would really like to play some Super Street Fighter again.
_________________
Copyright 1987


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:59 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 1568
Maybe try WolfSoft: http://wolfsoft.de/wordpress/?p=2506

Or Video Game Perfection: https://www.videogameperfection.com/con ... rder-page/


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:32 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2015
Posts: 480
Location: Bellingham, WA
How do I get ahold of wolfsoft?

Is he a shmups member?

I didn't see a contact on his website.
_________________
Copyright 1987


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:34 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 1568
Hoagtech wrote:
How do I get ahold of wolfsoft?

Is he a shmups member?

I didn't see a contact on his website.


info@wolfsoft.de


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:17 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 11158
Location: Germany
I personally wouldn't send anything OVERSEAS for modding. I can't imagine that there's nobody in the whole US of A who's able to perform that mod.


Top
 Online Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:26 pm 



Joined: 21 Jul 2016
Posts: 10
this mod is really one of the easiest you can find...

one switch, two cables soldered on 2 pins without lifting them, really doable for anyone

http://retrorgb.com/3do240p.html


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:38 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2010
Posts: 2962
Location: UK
We are adding RGB and 240p 3DO mods to our repertoire soon but honestly, like archimage says it's pretty easy, I'm sure someone based in the US can do it. That said we won't turn your business away if you want to send it all the way here.
_________________
https://www.evolvehq.com/players/buckoa51
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the XRGB Wiki before posting about the OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:15 am 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2015
Posts: 480
Location: Bellingham, WA
I’ll try it. I saw the mod and the distance of the pins apart turned me off so it thought I would play it safe.

I just think I can do it though.

What type of switch should I buy for a console mount? Preferably eBay or Amazon
_________________
Copyright 1987


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 pm 



Joined: 14 Mar 2014
Posts: 70
I'm sure that Mobius Strip Technologies would take it on.

https://www.facebook.com/mobiusstriptech/

He's performed work for me and I've always been pleased.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:52 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2015
Posts: 480
Location: Bellingham, WA
FriendofSonic wrote:
I'm sure that Mobius Strip Technologies would take it on.

https://www.facebook.com/mobiusstriptech/

He's performed work for me and I've always been pleased.


This guy is the man. Thanks for the reference.

I'll be sending it in tomorrow.
_________________
Copyright 1987


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:35 am 



Joined: 14 Mar 2014
Posts: 70
Hoagtech wrote:
FriendofSonic wrote:
I'm sure that Mobius Strip Technologies would take it on.

https://www.facebook.com/mobiusstriptech/

He's performed work for me and I've always been pleased.


This guy is the man. Thanks for the reference.

I'll be sending it in tomorrow.

He most certainly is! You'll be satisfied.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:00 pm 



Joined: 21 Jul 2016
Posts: 10
any on/off switch can do the job. off by default and on to connect pins


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:35 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2015
Posts: 480
Location: Bellingham, WA
I cannot get the mod completed because I forgot to check my video chip which was the BT and not the VT.

I believe I am stuck wth 480i.

But then I saw an RGB/240p board for 3do FZ1 on Otaku store that said it does both with an install.

Does anyone know if I am able to achieve 240p by any means or I am stuck in flicker land?
_________________
Copyright 1987


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:13 pm 



Joined: 07 May 2018
Posts: 68
Hoagtech wrote:
I cannot get the mod completed because I forgot to check my video chip which was the BT and not the VT.

I believe I am stuck wth 480i.

But then I saw an RGB/240p board for 3do FZ1 on Otaku store that said it does both with an install.

Does anyone know if I am able to achieve 240p by any means or I am stuck in flicker land?


BT9103 can be modded easily. BT9101 requires a mod board, which is also included in the thread below. Anvil all-in-one's cannot be modded.

https://assemblergames.com/threads/240p ... der.66295/


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:12 pm 



Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 37
Yeah the board has a BT9101 unfortunately. Does anyone have pictures, diagrams, etc of the Tajigamer install for the BT9101? The pictures in that post don't really show the actual connections which would be helpful.
_________________
For mod work and questions email us at mobiusstriptech@gmail.com

Twitter: @mobiusstriptech

Youtube: MobiusStripTech

Website: http://www.mobiusstriptechnologies.com/


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:26 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2015
Posts: 480
Location: Bellingham, WA
With the mod board would I still be stuck in 480i with RGB colorspace?

or would the board do both?
_________________
Copyright 1987


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:48 pm 



Joined: 07 May 2018
Posts: 68
Hoagtech wrote:
With the mod board would I still be stuck in 480i with RGB colorspace?

or would the board do both?


From the Otaku Store:
- We advise you to configure the VP536 in progressive scan (see tutorial) in order to obtain a perfectly stable image, with sharper scanlines, and no flickering effect.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:32 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2015
Posts: 480
Location: Bellingham, WA
NoAffinity wrote:
Hoagtech wrote:
With the mod board would I still be stuck in 480i with RGB colorspace?

or would the board do both?


From the Otaku Store:
- We advise you to configure the VP536 in progressive scan (see tutorial) in order to obtain a perfectly stable image, with sharper scanlines, and no flickering effect.


That is referring to the VP536 Chip. I have the BT9101 chip. Would the RGB board fix the interlaced or just the RGB colorspace?
_________________
Copyright 1987


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DO progressive modding service needed
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:53 pm 



Joined: 07 May 2018
Posts: 68
Hoagtech wrote:
NoAffinity wrote:
Hoagtech wrote:
With the mod board would I still be stuck in 480i with RGB colorspace?

or would the board do both?


From the Otaku Store:
- We advise you to configure the VP536 in progressive scan (see tutorial) in order to obtain a perfectly stable image, with sharper scanlines, and no flickering effect.


That is referring to the VP536 Chip. I have the BT9101 chip. Would the RGB board fix the interlaced or just the RGB colorspace?


The board doesn't appear to do anything with interlaced/deinterlaced. That mod would need to be done separately, where it's an option. That's how I read it, at least. The mod board taps a bunch of outputs from the encoder, but doesn't touch those pins responsible for region and interlacing. The BT9101 doesn't appear to have a pin responsible for interlacing.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jayde6, MarkOZLAD and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group