Jailbars with an Irem m72 pcb on Sega NNC arcade cab

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
archimage

Jailbars with an Irem m72 pcb on Sega NNC arcade cab

Post by archimage »

Hello,

I have bought recently Irem M72 Legend of Hero Tonma PCB.

I tried it on 2 setups :

- HAS supergun with meanwell psu and a PVM 20L4 : no noise at all
- Sega New Net City + Toshiba PD1843 Trisync Chassis + Riverservice JVS>JAMMA adapter pcb model + Stepdown converter : I get some strange video noise with jailbars. I also have tried the Riverservice harness, tried alternative psus... no difference at all.

I have no ground on my apartment, however I have dozen of other PCBS and I have no video problems with both setups, except this game.

These jailbars tend to be attenuated when I adjust horizontal size + horizontal position, they get wider when image is wider, and tend to spread on the image, but still present.

I suspect some filtering unsuccessful, but I have no knowledge on where to look.

I tried to hook the pcb to the HAS supergun + meanwell psu like on the PVM setup, then hooked it to a Scart>Jamma converter, noise is still present, but more attenuated. I am pretty sure something can be done to the video signal to attenuate these jailbars but I still don't get it.

It looks like some video noise on the Sega Megadrive, like some rainbow colored bars that tend to disappear when image is stretched.

I wonder if some device can be hooked between the Riverservice JVS>JAMMA adapter and the monitor to filter video and get rid of that annoying noise. Monitor has a standard VGA input.

I would be grateful if someone can give me some hint to get rid of these jailbars.

Thanks