Hydra Mini Scart Switcher audio humming

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
zionfarm

Hydra Mini Scart Switcher audio humming

Post by zionfarm »

Good day gents,

As the title says. I got my Hydra mini in the mail finally today. Here is my set up for playing with my Hydra Mini.

1. Japanese Sega Saturn (on modded)
2. Scart cable from Retro Access PRO COAXIAL cable
3. SCART TO SCART CABLE - PRO COAXIAL MULTICORE FOR SWITCH BOXES from Retro Access
4. OSSC
5. TV 2017 LG OLED B7
6. I am using the specification for the PSU at 12v DC 1500ma listed on Lotharek's site
7. Also tried it with my 14M4U PVM

I am getting some audio humming coming from the TV. I am wondering why I am getting the humming sound?
Saw a youtube video with a guy talking about the same humming sound. Do I need more volts?
Here is the video of the guy talking bout the same issue.

https://youtu.be/tVj_JsfZzPo

Thx guys
Larrs888

Re: Hydra Mini Scart Switcher audio humming

Post by Larrs888 »

Did you manage to get the issue resolved and / or get any support from the manufacturer. I am really interested in this product but wanted to hear some reviews first.

Have you tested PS1 Sync on Luma or Dreamcast Toro Sync Combiner 480p?

Let us know how you get on with the switch. I take it there is no loss of brightness or quality if using good cables?

Thanks
zionfarm

Post by zionfarm »

I did get some feedback from the guy that makes/designs it. He recommended the power unit that he sells. But seeing how long it took to ship from Poland. I will be going a different route with this power supply.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015P ... UTF8&psc=1

I have not tested it with a PS1 sync on luma. I do own a PS One that I can hook up via scart. I will need to verify what kind of scart cable I have for it.

Still waiting on my Toro box to cone in.
zionfarm

Post by zionfarm »

Larrs888 wrote:Did you manage to get the issue resolved and / or get any support from the manufacturer. I am really interested in this product but wanted to hear some reviews first.

Let us know how you get on with the switch. I take it there is no loss of brightness or quality if using good cables?

Thanks

I am glad to say that the Amazon PSU that I got fixed the humming issue.
zionfarm

Post by zionfarm »

Larrs888 wrote:Did you manage to get the issue resolved and / or get any support from the manufacturer. I am really interested in this product but wanted to hear some reviews first.

Thanks

Ok tested my PS One with my Sync on Luma cable with no issue. I got the cable from Retro access located here.

https://retro-access.com/collections/pl ... luma-cable
Larrs888

Post by Larrs888 »

Glad to hear you got things sorted with a new PSU, I’ll hopefully be able to pick one up later in the year as I want a quality switch but only have a small setup and don’t plan to expand it anymore (quit while I’m ahead now I think).

If you could share the consoles you are using and cable sync type that would be great :)