Framemeister and 480i Flickering

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
DuxPrime

Framemeister and 480i Flickering

Post by DuxPrime »

Up until now, I've mostly been using the Framemeister for 240p sources over RGB SCART. However, I recently acquired a GameCube and connected it via S-video (until I can get ahold of an HDMI solution) as well as a PS2 over SCART. In both cases, there seems to be a faint flickering in large areas of flat color.

I'm pretty certain that the issue isn't with either the display or the cable for two reasons:
  • When I play PS1 games on the PS2 (240p output), the flickering doesn't happen.
  • When I connect the PS2 to my TV directly via component, the flickering doesn't happen.
I find it hard to believe that my TV's deinterlacing is better than the Framemeister's. Does anyone have any suggestions for settings that I might need to set to eliminate flickering with 480i sources?
Kez

Re: Framemeister and 480i Flickering

Post by Kez »

Make sure you have IMAGE MODE set to NATURAL if you want the better deinterlacing.
copy

Re: Framemeister and 480i Flickering

Post by copy »

DuxPrime wrote:In both cases, there seems to be a faint flickering in large areas of flat color.
Perhaps you're seeing the noise that the Framemeister sometimes introduces? If you go into HDMI_Set and set Deep Color to "on," it may reduce the noise somewhat.