Plasma TVs that correctly process 240p on component

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
maxtherabbit

Plasma TVs that correctly process 240p on component

Post by maxtherabbit »

I know there's that 4:3 pioneer from fudoh's thread that is mostly vaporware now. Also seems that most Samsung's handle it. Any other plasma TVs you guys have tried that don't deinterlace?
FinalBaton

Re: Plasma TVs that correctly process 240p on component

Post by FinalBaton »

maxtherabbit wrote:I know there's that 4:3 pioneer from fudoh's thread that is mostly vaporware now. Also seems that most Samsung's handle it. Any other plasma TVs you guys have tried that don't deinterlace?
Mine (Samsung PN43F4500) recognizes the signal as 240p.

By the standard of flatpanel TV's upscaling of 240p(which is usually terrible), this is one of the best I've seen at it. There's still a good deal of scaling interpolation error however, so it looks pretty smudgy compared to an XRGB, but it still looks decent, and definitely playable. I sometime plug in my PS2 straight in and game that way.

If you want some pics I can snap a few
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

FinalBaton wrote:
maxtherabbit wrote:I know there's that 4:3 pioneer from fudoh's thread that is mostly vaporware now. Also seems that most Samsung's handle it. Any other plasma TVs you guys have tried that don't deinterlace?
Mine (Samsung PN43F4500) recognizes the signal as 240p.

By the standard of flatpanel TV's upscaling of 240p(which is usually terrible), this is one of the best I've seen at it. There's still a good deal of scaling interpolation error however, so it looks pretty smudgy compared to an XRGB, but it still looks decent, and definitely playable. I sometime plug in my PS2 straight in and game that way.

If you want some pics I can snap a few
Yeah just about every Samsung plasma I've tested has correctly processed the signal as progressive, I'm just trying to figure out if they are the only ones
Copremesisking

Post by Copremesisking »

I have a Panasonic TC-P60U50 that handles 240p properly. It's reasonably sharp, about like using 2x prescaled bilinear in Mame.