Raiden Fighters 2 arcade board "checksum error 6561"

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
hackbar

Re: Raiden Fighters 2 arcade board "checksum error 6561"

Post by hackbar »

That seems useful, thanks.

In my case it was just bad flash RAM on the main board returning 0x00 for the region, which no carts would match.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Yeah, if it's returning zero it might just be bad flash in general.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
parodius

Post by parodius »

trap15 wrote:Today I've released a patch that will allow you to restore your motherboard to the original region (or whatever region you want, really). I made it because I had this exact same problem, hopefully less people will have to deal with it.

https://bitbucket.org/trap15/spi_revive/

For what it's worth "checksum error" and "hardware error" both mean the region/game ID is corrupt. One means the region doesn't match, the other means the power was turned off in the middle of update and the region and/or game ID have been corrupted (I forget which is which).
Huzzah! I will soon have 2 JP mobos instead of 1 JP and 1 German :o

It might be useful to more people if you created a dedicated topic ?
My sales thread : 2020/07/20..MASTER.VER.
nem

Post by nem »

trap15 wrote:Today I've released a patch that will allow you to restore your motherboard to the original region (or whatever region you want, really). I made it because I had this exact same problem, hopefully less people will have to deal with it.

For what it's worth "checksum error" and "hardware error" both mean the region/game ID is corrupt. One means the region doesn't match, the other means the power was turned off in the middle of update and the region and/or game ID have been corrupted (I forget which is which).
Awesome. Many thanks for this!
sugar4salt

Post by sugar4salt »

First off, thank you very much for this tool to revive spi mother board.
I am currently running rdf1(korean), rdf2(korean), and rdftjet(jap).

All of my motherboard were Korean versions so I swapped pgr epprom (of Jet) to bypass region check.
Problem is that I accidentally changed region of rest of motherboards with Jet, as a result, all of my motherboards became JAP.

Question is am I able to change region of motherboard back to Korean to use Raiden fighters 1&2 by using your tools? Because in pre-build release file, it only has hex file for Jap version. Would it be ok to use that jap hex file with 4 roms from Korean version?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.
sugar4salt

Post by sugar4salt »

Got answer by email.
Thank you very much for your support!!!