Blackmagic Multibridge Pro 2 with OSSC and 60fps

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
HalHawkins

Blackmagic Multibridge Pro 2 with OSSC and 60fps

Post by HalHawkins »

I recently came across an available Multibridge Pro 2 in my area (same that Fudoh uses on his website.

Does it work with the OSSC and does it capture in 1080p60? Also, how many video inputs can it capture simultaneously?

I can't find a manual for it anywhere, just the Pro

Thanks in advance
Unseen

Re: Blackmagic Multibridge Pro 2 with OSSC and 60fps

Post by Unseen »

HalHawkins wrote:does it capture in 1080p60?
Doesn't look like it, the specs here only list 1080i formats.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

It can't do 1080p60 - too old.

It will work with the OSSC with SOME source systems, but not with any of the classic systems. It's extremely picky when it comes to your sources' refresh rates and the OSSC passes these just through. For the BMD these need to be spot on.

If you haven't bought it already, don't do it.
HalHawkins

Post by HalHawkins »

Fudoh wrote:It can't do 1080p60 - too old.

It will work with the OSSC with SOME source systems, but not with any of the classic systems. It's extremely picky when it comes to your sources' refresh rates and the OSSC passes these just through. For the BMD these need to be spot on.

If you haven't bought it already, don't do it.

Oh ok. I found a website that said it could but I wanted to double check

http://www.avlgear.com/blackmagic-desig ... dmi-analog

Any suggestions on a capture device that can handle multiple audio devices simultaneously with audio? I tried the VisionAV with no luck
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

probably through 3G SDI (Dual Link with two cables at once), but HDMI was limited to 1080i60.
Any suggestions on a capture device that can handle multiple audio devices simultaneously with audio? I tried the VisionAV with no luck
use an external audio mixer with as many inputs as you need. Or do you need actual multi-track recording ? There are nice USB audio interfaces with up to 8 channels.
HalHawkins

Post by HalHawkins »

Fudoh wrote:
probably through 3G SDI (Dual Link with two cables at once), but HDMI was limited to 1080i60.
use an external audio mixer with as many inputs as you need. Or do you need actual multi-track recording ? There are nice USB audio interfaces with up to 8 channels.
Would there be any latency issues between audio and video if I used a USB audio mixer for gameplay audio and an e1s for gameplay video? This is for streaming btw
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Would there be any latency issues between audio and video if I used a USB audio mixer for gameplay audio and an e1s for gameplay video? This is for streaming btw
not to any noticable amount. OBS is made to handle various sources at once.