All component Retro setup? Am I missing any thing?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Elderblaze

All component Retro setup? Am I missing any thing?

Post by Elderblaze »

Hey everyone, looking to put together a "Component" retro setup, here's the gear i've aquired so far.

Sony K27FS100 Trinitron with component input.

SNES 1 Chip 01
Sega Genesis HDG, PRE TMSS, VA3
Atari 2600A (Rev 13) 4 switch woody
NES

Equipment im working on getting to complete the setup:

Zektor HDS4 4X1 Component switch
HD Retrovision cables for Genesis and SNES
ETIM MODS for NESRGB and ATARI 2600, straight RGB> Component output mods.

Mod's i've already completed on the above hardware.
SNES 750 OHM resistors added to bring down brightness of 1CHIP, Voltage regular replaced with 2 AMP 7805, 7805 main cap replaced with 22UF SMD. (This fixes brightness and vertical line on SNES)
NES Complete RECAP
ATARI 2600A, Recap, new voltage regulator, new power input port.
Genesis Model 1 VA3, Complete RECAP + Stereo audio OUT the rear, voltage regulator's replaced with 2AMP 7805's (the composite out still looks like garbage, but the mentioned mods did dramatically improve color, and audio performance, and lesson fringing.. still looks like sh!t) Have not attained HD Retrovision cables yet...

I've purposly avoided SCART cables in the above senario. I may one day purchase an OSSC and hook these devices to a modern TV. Am I going to have any issues with HD Retro Vision > OSSC? and regret the choice to stick with Component? Or are the differences going to be mostly academic? I do realize there's an unneeded color space conversion when using HD Retrovision > OSSC and that RGB scart would be "Ideal".

Thanks!