Gamecube HDMI with Pal Gamecube worth it or not?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
iceman_0

Gamecube HDMI with Pal Gamecube worth it or not?

Post by iceman_0 »

Sorry for the double post.I asked this already in the questions that do not deserve a own thread. But I got now answers so i am trying it here again.
iceman_0 wrote:I am thinkning of getting a Gamecube and wonder if it s worth considering one of the HDMI mods or is a neat RGB Scart cable in connection with the Framemeister good enough? I will get most likely a pal gamecube so most of the games do not offer 480p. And one the big advantages for the component or HDMi outputs should be the 480p ouput. But how well 576i or 480 i would look with HDMI. Is HDMI still worth considering or shall I just get a scart rgb cable for the Framemeister?
Revolver Ocelot

Re: Gamecube HDMI with Pal Gamecube worth it or not?

Post by Revolver Ocelot »

What Problems you think the hdmi Output could have with the 480i or 576solutation?

I am using my Gamecube with rgb scart on my FM already and the Image is nice. But I will still get an internal HDMI mod.

I personally do not see any Problems with the 480i and HDMI. It might not look as nice as 480p, thats for sure but it should still look decent. At least some users of the EON HDMI Adapter said that in another Forum.

There are also ways to force Pal Games into 480p if you really think 480i would be a problem.

But maybe you should try the scart way first. The Gamecube HDMI Adapter are not cheap, and if you do not use the gamecube that often it might not be worth it. Scart with the Framemeister also Looks nice. Get a good rgb cable though, not a cheap one.
iceman_0

Post by iceman_0 »

Revolver Ocelot

Well according to youtube The HDMI Output of the gamecube is really nice. But most of the videos are done from American guys I think so they use the NTSC Gamecube. If my research is correct most NTSC Game does support 480p and that could be the reason why they look so awesome with HDMI. I am a bit worried that the HDMI does look as good as the 480p content, so the Eon adapter which is not cheap is maybe not worth the money. And I can the same result with RGB Scart over the Framemeister. But maybe I am worrying too much.

What internal Hdmi mod you will get ocelot?
Revolver Ocelot

Post by Revolver Ocelot »

I am on the waiting list for the gcdual.

I would suggest you watch some Reviews of the eon Adapter again. Although it is through that most reviewers do not mention the 480p/480i issue.

this Guy here does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSu1yikPZ3s

this Video should help to answer your questions.