Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:47 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: PAL Master System 1 vertical lines on black color
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:37 pm 

Dear people,

For a while now there is a small thing that annoys me a little bit in my PAL Master system. Whenever I play a game with a lot of black in it I will get vertical lines in the blacks. Bright colors are more then fine and the image is perfect through my hydra switch and into my framemeister. I tried recapping the console but the problem persists. Could it be a faulty 7805 or any other power related problem?

Down below are some pictures that show pretty much what I see.

The first one shows the lines and also some weird ghosting/reflection effect I guess?
The scond one shows the image from straight in front of the tv, not looking down upon the tv. The lines still persist although not so visible anymore. .

Any idea to what this could be? I am using an individually shielded scart cable, but I can also see the effect on other cables I have tried. It is visible in several different games and also shows up on another tv set.

Hope someone can help me out here :-)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: PAL Master System 1 vertical lines on black color
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:14 am 

In the mean time I measured the voltage coming off the 7805 and that is a neat 4.99 V. I did see that one cable I use has no capacitors and resistors in it. The other cable I have does contain caps, but no resistors. Maybe I´ll add a couple and see what that does. I have no idea if these are required on a PAL system though. We´ll see...

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: PAL Master System 1 vertical lines on black color
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:16 am 

And to close this down... the problem was being caused by no resistors on the rgb lines. That poor little scart connector... it now has 4 caps and 4 resistors crammed inside but it works the way it should now. No more annoying lines :D

Offline Profile