Extract Audio from OSSC HDMI

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
thetallguy24

Extract Audio from OSSC HDMI

Post by thetallguy24 »

I have an OSSC 1.6 and yes, I know I can use the 3.5mm port, but I was wondering if there was a device that I could use to extract audio from the HDMI side.

I tried this, but didn't have any luck

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BI ... UTF8&psc=1

Anybody have any experience doing this?
BuckoA51

Re: Extract Audio from OSSC HDMI

Post by BuckoA51 »

There's no HDCP on OSSC and it's just standard LPCM audio, any basic extractor should work.
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
thetallguy24

Post by thetallguy24 »

BuckoA51 wrote:There's no HDCP on OSSC and it's just standard LPCM audio, any basic extractor should work.
Maybe its just a defective unit then
thetallguy24

Post by thetallguy24 »

BuckoA51 wrote:There's no HDCP on OSSC and it's just standard LPCM audio, any basic extractor should work.
Would it be better to extract the audio before getting the the OSSC? Like pulling it out of the scart? My only concern is delay. I am wanting to put the video on a big screen and sound to a PA system
nmalinoski

Post by nmalinoski »

thetallguy24 wrote:
Would it be better to extract the audio before getting the the OSSC? Like pulling it out of the scart? My only concern is delay. I am wanting to put the video on a big screen and sound to a PA system
Should be fine to extract audio from HDMI, and it'll be better if your run between your OSSC and your TV/receiver is noisy (power cables, other AV cables). If anything, I would expect other HDMI devices later in the chain to cause lag to the video.
DirkSwizzler

Post by DirkSwizzler »

thetallguy24 wrote:
Maybe its just a defective unit then
The OSSC doesn't play nice with a huge swath of hdmi devices. Be sure to try all the line multiplication modes to see if one suddenly works.

Also be sure to try the downsampling audio compatibility.

My OSSC without the downsampling didn't have any audio on my new TV. But worked fine on my old one. And EDID problems have a tendency to pop up everywhere. Even in places that don't make any sense. Which alternate line multiplication modes might work around.

HDMI is:

FRICKIN
VOODOO
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

DirkSwizzler wrote: HDMI is:

FRICKIN
VOODOO
Amen. My experience with HDMI switches / splitters and audio extractors / injectors is that you buy 3-4 of them from Amazon that are absolute dogshit, then you magically find one that works 100%, throw it behind the TV and never think about it again.

OP, don't give up, just buy 5 devices that look like they got different circuitry and pray one works :D