SD2SNES - lockup problem

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
1strail

SD2SNES - lockup problem

Post by 1strail »

Has anyone had an issue with SD2SNES locking up after 10-15 minutes of starting up? I purchased one in mid February and it took a while for me to figure it all out, but once I had it configured properly, it worked great. Now it locks up, and its not game specific. Reset to menu does not help, building a different SD card does not help, lowering the firmware version also does not help.

I have tried it on Analogue Super NT, SNES Jr. using RGB (mod), 1Chip-02 using RGB and composite all through both a Framemeister and OSSC directly to TV. I purchased it from krikzz.com and they suggested the firmware downgrade and different SD card, but I tried all that and they have gone silent since.

If anyone has any suggestions on who/where I can get one of these cards repair, that would be greatly appreciated.
orange808

Re: SD2SNES - lockup problem

Post by orange808 »

If it's real, ask Krikzz.

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php

If you bought a clone, you're screwed.
We apologise for the inconvenience
1strail

Post by 1strail »

orange808 wrote:If it's real, ask Krikzz.

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php

If you bought a clone, you're screwed.

Thanks, I didn't realize they had this forum!
1strail

Post by 1strail »

Update - 4/13

I received an email from customer service at krikzz.com this morning. I am to ship my SD2SNES to them for repair or replacement. I must bear the shipping costs (USA to Ukraine and they suggest tracking). In the shipping instructions there is a warning about shipping chinese clones. This seems like a prewritten set of instructions, so I am not going to mention that to open the ticket in the first place, I had to provide my sales order number (or letters as they are). Will update as to timeline to ship and receive back either my repaired SD2SNES or a replacement.
hbardaxc

Post by hbardaxc »

I had a very similar problem with a similar result. When it was brand new simply leaving the game on and doing nothing in an RPG would still get a freeze. I got mine through Stone Age Gamer and they had me send it in at their first reply. I think they replaced the board and sent it back but I don't know what the root cause was.