what resolution to set for sizing the screen 1440qm?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
chriz74

what resolution to set for sizing the screen 1440qm?

Post by chriz74 »

The monitor has internal knobs or something to adjust horizontal and vertical size etc. At the moment there's too much overscan.
However this depends on the game, for example Ghosts'n'Goblins seems perfectly centered while other games parts fall outside the screen.
What game should I load to try fixing it? By the way I am unable to display interlaced resolutions like 480i, don't know why.
gray117

Re: what resolution to set for sizing the screen 1440qm?

Post by gray117 »

chriz74 wrote:The monitor has internal knobs or something to adjust horizontal and vertical size etc. At the moment there's too much overscan.
However this depends on the game, for example Ghosts'n'Goblins seems perfectly centered while other games parts fall outside the screen.
What game should I load to try fixing it?
This is likely normal... welcome to crts - constant adjustments. Each resolution and signal variation will produce different results, normally within about 20% but some signals may give drastically different results. You can still adjust to center each perfectly? If it seems impossible to centre each within the 'bounds' of the adjustments there might be a fault or ageing capacitor that might be effecting the range of adjustments.

Ghosts'n'Goblins pcb vs other pcbs? ... or what devices? PAL / NTSC differences?
chriz74 wrote: By the way I am unable to display interlaced resolutions like 480i, don't know why.
What console are you feeding into the monitor for 480i and what inputs? ...No 480i on all inputs?