40 mm Fan

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
mvsfan

40 mm Fan

Post by mvsfan »

where can i get a good quality 40 mm fan? I need 2 of them for replacements in APC ups.

I bought some on ebay about 6 months ago but not good quality, because they already stopped working.

Dont Antec or another good brand make them?
ASDR

Re: 40 mm Fan

Post by ASDR »

Noctua is a reputable brand and they got 40mm ones. I've used several of their fans as replacements in consoles and they were at least better than what they replaced.
mvsfan

Post by mvsfan »

i forgot to mention that i need a 24v fan. and it looks like newegg has a bunch but i dont see any brands i know.
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

I had the issue of not finding the right type of fan with the right voltage. For a few bucks you can find pre-assembled, adjustable DC / DC converters on eBay etc. Just search for 'DC DC Step Up Down Converter' or similar. They're also handy because tweaking the voltage allows you to adjust fan speed. Then you can likely use a fan from a brand you trust.
mvsfan

Post by mvsfan »

what about one of these? any idea how they glue to your chip?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TEC1-12703-127 ... 4zuad2RSmQ

how well do they work?
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

Don't do it, close that page and never open it again.

The world of peltier plates is an annoyance and tail chasing you don't need right now, and very power hungry.
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

Now you have a fan issue. With the Peltier you could have a power, heat & condensation issue :D I used heat sink glue to put one my GPU, but then again I was young and those were the 90s. Fun times, but maybe not the best solution for your UPS.