Post subject: UltraHDMI group buy ends 1/22. Install discount +xtras
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:07 am 

[edit 2018-07-01]
Here's the round 2 group buy, which will last until 7/3:
https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=62749
[/edit 2018-07-01]

[edit 2018-03-21]
Status!

Round 1 is almost complete! One participant was out of the country and I had to wait a while to ship the N64. Tracking shows a delivery attempt today (3/21), but no one was available to sign for it.

[b]Gloves
- installed, delivered (Canada)
PuppyWaffles - installed, delivered
VGIII - installed, delivered
Totino - installed, shipped
creib - delivered (kit only, no installation)
zombi - installed, delivered
Boosted52405 - installed, delivered
OptOut - installed, delivered (2 systems, Taiwan)
skylarsvideogames - installed, delivered
broncofantd793 - installed, delivered
NeonTrotsky - installed, delivered
spawn - installed, delivered (2 systems)
rancidskater - installed, delivered
Xtrasmiley - delivered (kit only, no installation)
jugu - installed, delivered
djc5166 (for his friend) - installed, delivered
djc5166 (for himself) - installed, delivered
loukey - installed, delivered
[/edit 2018-03-21]

[edit 2018-03-12]
I've received N64s from:
- Boosted52405 (NintendoAge) Jungle Green S/N ending 569
- PuppyWaffles (NintendoAge) Jungle Green S/N ending 595
- broncofantd793 (NintendoAge) Jungle Green S/N ending 515
- loukey (Shmups)​ Charcoal Black S/N ending 352
- OptOut (NintendoAge) Blue/White S/N ending 660
- djc5166 (Shmups) friend's Charcoal black S/N ending 145
- spawn (NintendoAge) Charcoal black S/N ending 217 and Watermelon red S/N ending 993
- rancidskater (NintendoAge) Fire orange S/N ending 889
- skylarsvideogames (NintendoAge) Charcoal black S/N ending 295
- zombi (NintendoAge) Jungle Green S/N ending 454
- VGIII (NintendoAge) Daiei Hawks S/N ending ?97
- jugu (Shmups) Charcoal black S/N ending 941
- djc5166 (Shmups) personal Charcoal black S/N ending 040
- NeonTrotsky (NintendoAge) Watermelon red S/N ending 301
[/edit 2018-03-12]

[edit 2018-03-01]
Tracking shows the kits are out for delivery and expected to arrive today!

I received another N64 yesterday. Still expecting a few more.
[/edit 2018-03-01]

[edit 2018-02-24]
An email missed my filter yesterday 2/23: SHIPPING CONFIRMATION FROM MARSHALLH!

The kits apparently left Kansas yesterday and might even reach me before the 3 kits I ordered from Game-Tech.US in October.
[/edit 2018-02-24]

[edit 2018-02-10]
I haven't received any shipment confirmation yet from MarshallH for our 20 UltraHDMI units. On 1/25 @GameTechUS tweeted that MarshallH had received kits and began the testing/validation process -- implying that the preorders from Game-Tech.US in October would be on the way soon. I had pre-ordered 3 from Game-Tech.US in October, so I'm also waiting for those. Since MarshallH previously said "should be out in a week or so," I believe our 20 kits will also come from the same production batch he's currently validating. I asked MarshallH how UltraHDMI testing was going. He said: "slowly"

I'll let everyone know when I have another update.
[/edit 2018-02-10]

[edit]
20 kits have been ordered and paid for. MarshallH also said something unexpectedly awesome: "should be out in a week or so"

That's much sooner than I was expecting! If you're getting install service, go ahead and ship your N64 to me so I can prep it. I suggest using tracking and signature confirmation to make sure it doesn't get misdelivered. In November a package of 4 N64s was delivered to the wrong address and the recipient was kind enough to bring them to me. Signature confirmation would help avoid a snag like that. I also suggest you take a picture of your console's serial number or write it down somewhere. It may be useful if the carrier has an accident and the package disintegrates. The N64 is built well, but I still suggest you pack it well enough that it won't shift around in the package too much. I'll review message history to make sure all of you have received my address.
[/edit]

I'm working to organize an UltraHDMI group buy with discounted install service and I don't want to exclude Shmups members that might want to participate. Is the "Hardware" subforum the appropriate place to post the group buy details? If not, please move this thread. Thanks!

Working as a team, my twin brother (CZroe) and I have performed ~30 UltraHDMI installs and many Hi-Def NES installs. N64 fans are clearly still desperate for UltraHDMI. Our last eBay listing started at $0.01 and ended for $800 after 72h: http://www.ebay.com/itm/132457915155 (2018-01-07).

It's time to make a large direct order and satisfy a chunk of UltraHDMI demand. I don’t want to exclude anyone. If you're part of a local retro gaming group on Facebook or another forum, let them know. Let's try to get as many participants as possible this week and I'll order the kits direct from MarshallH on Monday. In a chat with UltraHDMI creator MarshallH, he told me: "Turn time is 5 weeks." It should be within 7 weeks if we consider all the shipping around. I’ll pass along any updates I get from MarshallH during the process. Until the order is sent to MarshallH, participants can back out and I will refund ASAP.

• $130.00 UltraHDMI kit (required to participate)
  • $50.00 install service + extras
  • $5.00 mini-HDMI cable

If you are confident in your tools and precision soldering ability, buy the kit and install yourself. I can install for $50 and toss in some extras.

I ship from Newnan, GA 30263 (United States). $8 to ship UltraHDMI kit in a USPS small flat-rate box insured @$150. $16 to ship kit+console in a USPS medium flat-rate box insured @$250. Signature confirmation required. For shipping outside USA, I will contact you before kits are ordered to work out the cost of shipping.

Extras included with install service:

1. In-game reset feature: Allows you to reset the system with a button combination. Older UltraHDMI installs cannot get IGR by simply updating to 1.06+ fw. An internal wire must connect to the reset button. Many sold on eBay recently lack IGR.
  2. 3D-printed cartridge tray for NTSC systems: Allows North American N64 to fit and play Japanese games with 100% compatibility, or vice-versa. Your original unmodified cartridge tray will also be returned.
  3. Custom power LED color: Choose green, blue, yellow, white, or original red.

Each UltraHDMI kit or installed system will be tested before packing and shipping. The latest firmware will be installed (currently 1.07A). If you order a kit with no install, it will be shipped as soon as I receive and test them. If you’re getting install service, I’ll process the list of participants in order from first to last. For installs, send only the console. I don’t need the controller, power supply, or anything else. N64 systems will be prepped and ready for installation so I can begin installs as soon as the kits arrive. If MarshallH can send the flat cables first, I might even have the soldering part done before the UltraHDMI boards arrive.

After performing dozens of these installs, I am confident I can install / test / pack / ship 5 systems per day.

To participate:
Shoot me a PM.
Tell me if you’re interested in kit+install or just the kit.
Tell me if you want a mini HDMI cable.
Tell me your name and return address.

I will provide my mobile phone number, street address, and email.

I’ll keep a public list of participants here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u6qYeVU_ZcBakCNbX43mjCUgSK-U2CH-ZXWNHPIQKBo/edit?usp=sharing

The group buy is open until I send the order to MarshallH on Monday. Then I will post each status update in this thread.

Last edited by Ichinisan on Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 70 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group buy ends 1/22. Install discount +free xt
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:16 am 

Added details to OP just now.

creib had already messaged me to say he's interested, so I've added him to the list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u6qYeVU_ZcBakCNbX43mjCUgSK-U2CH-ZXWNHPIQKBo/edit?usp=sharing

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:43 am 

Hey man I kind of feel like I’m being advertised at.

I am glad you are excited about your services and am well aware of the ultra hdmi.

It’s just your not discussing hardware or asking or stating anything about gaming technology.

And because you have never posted anything before, it seems very intrusive

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:47 am 

Hoagtech wrote:
Hey man I kind of feel like I’m being advertised at.

I am glad you are excited about your services and am well aware of the ultra hdmi.

It’s just your not discussing hardware or asking or stating anything about gaming technology.

And because you have never posted anything before, it seems very intrusive

The gist: Some people are super desperate for UltraHDMI and I don't want to exclude anyone from participating.

The original post only asked if the Hardware subforum was the appropriate place to post it. The question sat for a couple days with no response (except a PM from an interested member). I finally edited the title and added details to the post just now.

Which is the appropriate sub forum? Can it be moved there?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: UltraHDMI group buy ends 1/22. Install discount +xtras
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:23 pm 

Did the cost of the kits go up? I want to say when I did group by it was 110 for the kit.

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:35 pm 

citrus3000psi wrote:
Did the cost of the kits go up? I want to say when I did group by it was 110 for the kit.

NintendoAge member YoshiKnuckles made a minimum 3 unit order along with my brother and me in 2016. That's how I got my first UltraHDMI kit. With shipping it cost me $130-something for my single kit.

The RetroActive.be ordering page says it's $127 each for minimum quantity of 3 to 9 units. I don't know yet if I'll be charged for shipping from MarshallH.

It also says the cost is $123 each for 10 to 49 units.
For 50+ units, his ordering page says "contact me." It might be possible to negotiate a better deal if the order reaches qty 50.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:19 am 

I'm interested. I've been trying to buy the kit from www.badassconsoles.com forever. PM incoming.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:00 pm 

PM'd

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:08 pm 

jugu and djc5166, both of you are on the list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Thanks. I will place the order this evening and pass along any updates I receive.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:13 am 

I PMed.. hope I made it in time. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:12 am 

20 kits have been ordered and paid for. MarshallH also said something unexpectedly awesome: "should be out in a week or so"

That's much sooner than I was expecting! If you're getting install service, go ahead and ship your N64 to me so I can prep it. I suggest using tracking and signature confirmation to make sure it doesn't get misdelivered. In November a package of 4 N64s was delivered to the wrong address and the recipient was kind enough to bring them to me. Signature confirmation would help avoid a snag like that. I also suggest you take a picture of your console's serial number or write it down somewhere. It may be useful if the carrier has an accident and the package disintegrates. The N64 is built well, but I still suggest you pack it well enough that it won't shift around in the package too much. I'll review message history to make sure all of you have received my address.

I've received N64s from:

- Boosted52405 (NintendoAge) Jungle Green S/N ending 569
- PuppyWaffles (NintendoAge) Jungle Green S/N ending 595
- broncofantd793 (NintendoAge) Jungle Green S/N ending 515

Still expecting N64s from:

- VGIII (NintendoAge)
- zombi (NintendoAge)
- OptOut (NintendoAge)
- skylarsvideogames (NintendoAge)
- NeonTrotsky (NintendoAge)
- spawn (NintendoAge)
- rancidskater (NintendoAge)
- jugu (Shmups)
- loukey (Shmups)

Last edited by Ichinisan on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:26 am 

I'm interested to see what this awesome thing Marshall mentioned is. Perhaps a firmware update?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:29 am 

andykara2003 wrote:
I'm interested to see what this awesome thing Marshall mentioned is. Perhaps a firmware update?

Nah...it's just that his statement implies our order will ship much more quickly than I had expected. I thought I'd have to wait for the next production run with a 5-week turnaround time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:29 pm 

I haven't received any shipment confirmation yet from MarshallH for our 20 UltraHDMI units. On 1/25 @GameTechUS tweeted that MarshallH had received kits and began the testing/validation process -- implying that the preorders from Game-Tech.US in October would be on the way soon. I had pre-ordered 3 from Game-Tech.US in October, so I'm also waiting for those. Since MarshallH previously said "should be out in a week or so," I believe our 20 kits will also come from the same production batch he's currently validating. I don't want to wear out my welcome in n64 dev chat, but I popped in there and asked MarshallH how UltraHDMI testing was going. He said: "slowly"

I'll let everyone know when I have another update.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:26 am 

An email missed my filter yesterday: SHIPPING CONFIRMATION FROM MARSHALLH!

The kits apparently left Kansas yesterday and might even reach me before the 3 kits I ordered from Game-Tech.US in October.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:28 am 

Nice. Do you know when you're going to do another group buy? I might hop on the train, depending on whether Marshall will have some of the bugs and kinks ironed out by then.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:30 am 

GeneraLight wrote:
Nice. Do you know when you're going to do another group buy? I might hop on the train, depending on whether Marshall will have some of the bugs and kinks ironed out by then.

If everything wraps up nicely with this one and there are no major snags, we'll probably do a round2 immediately after. I'll add you to a list and try to reach you when it starts.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:51 pm 

Tracking shows the kits are out for delivery and expected to arrive today!

I received another N64 yesterday. Still expecting a few more:

- VGIII (NintendoAge)
- zombi (NintendoAge)
- NeonTrotsky (NintendoAge)
- jugu (Shmups)
- djc5166 (Shmups) note: Received 1 of 2 N64 systems

I know some of these are on the way to me now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:53 am 

Hi, guys! FYI, I’m the one wielding the iron. Ichinisan is my twin brother.

The kits arrived Thursday, the 1st when I was at work but I squeezed in one install that night and shipped it along with two BYO install kits. I did two yesterday morning and two yesterday evening (Friday, March 2nd). I’ve done four today and will be doing at least one more tonight. I’ll be doing a shorter shift tomorrow (8hrs instead of my usual 12) which should leave me enough time to do two before work and two after, provided Ichinisan can have the boards ready to go for me. If Ichinisan can streamline it for me and have the boards ready to go we can always squeeze in a couple installs after work even on my full shift days.

We’re on pace to be finished nearly as fast as you guys can get the consoles in!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:41 am 

Status!

Gloves
installed, delivered (Canada)

PuppyWaffles
installed, delivered

VGIII
installed, delivered

Totino
installed, shipped (delivery attempted 3/21)

creib
delivered (kit only, no installation)

zombi
installed, delivered

Boosted52405
installed, delivered

OptOut
installed, delivered (2 systems, Taiwan)

skylarsvideogames
installed, delivered

broncofantd793
installed, delivered

NeonTrotsky
installed, delivered

spawn
installed, delivered (2 systems)

rancidskater
installed, delivered

Xtrasmiley
shipped, delivered (kit only, no installation)

jugu
installed, delivered

djc5166 (for his friend)
installed, delivered

djc5166 (for himself)
installed, delivered

loukey
installed, delivered

Last edited by Ichinisan on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:38 am, edited 7 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:18 am 

Ichinisan wrote:
If everything wraps up nicely with this one and there are no major snags, we'll probably do a round2 immediately after. I'll add you to a list and try to reach you when it starts.

Please add me to this list as well, if possible. I would very much like to participate if there's a second round!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:52 pm 

ustor wrote:
Ichinisan wrote:

Please add me to this list as well, if possible. I would very much like to participate if there's a second round!

I've added you to the preliminary list. I'll send you more details when round 2 starts.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:16 am 

Just wanted to say in this thread how great it was dealing with these two.

Great communication as well.

Your N64s are in good hands here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:21 am 

djc5166 wrote:

Very kind. Thank you!

Everything went much more smoothly than I expected, so I'm preparing for round 2 :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:25 pm 

Ichinisan wrote:
djc5166 wrote:

Very kind. Thank you!

Everything went much more smoothly than I expected, so I'm preparing for round 2 :)

I meant to get in on round 1, so put me in your reference list for round 2. I gave up doing console mods when my N64 RGB mod made Pokemon Stadium look like an inverse technicolor nightmare.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:38 pm 

I'd like to get in on the second round as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:39 pm 

I would be interested in joining round 2. Thank you!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:48 pm 

Since the second round hasn't officially started yet I'd like to get on the preliminary list too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:28 pm 

Cool. I'll contact each of you when it starts (very soon). If email is a better way to reach you, send me a PM with your email address.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:56 pm 

Can I get in on this, please!!! :lol:

Offline Profile