Colour/graphic issue with Neogeo MVS MV-1C

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
tiff_lee

Colour/graphic issue with Neogeo MVS MV-1C

Post by tiff_lee »

Hi all,

picked up a Neogeo MVS MV-1C from ebay with the intention of 'consolising' it but it's not going too smoothly at the minute and it has some snags with the colour. Apologies for the wonky pictures I really need to invest in a tripod!

First up the button cell had been cut off and the fuse holder was a bit mangled (had been shorted on the underside)
Spoiler
This suspicious looking chip had been fitted to the board although I have no idea what its purpose was
Spoiler
Spoiler
I removed the bodged on chip so the board was in a standard configuration and I wired up a 8 Din connector so I could use my retrogamingcables RGB scart lead from my AES, I took the RGB and sync signals from the jamma connector.

So while it works the colours are messed up with a wide band of green across the screen, like so
Spoiler
if I use the sync regeneration function on my g-scart lite it changes to this
Spoiler
On a side note not sure if this is the scart lead or the TV but on both my AES and this MVS the image is slightly shifted to the left and at somewhat of an angle (although it seems more obvious on the MVS).

AES
Spoiler
MV-1C
Spoiler
So i'm waiting on a programmer to program my own diagnostic bios but was just wondering in the meantime is there anything else I can be looking at? I see palette ram mentioned a lot with regards to colour problems on the AES but i've found very little info on the MV-1C especially any kind of circuit diagrams specific to this board.
Any pointers from neogeo veterans would be appreciated!
cutjules

Re: Colour/graphic issue with Neogeo MVS MV-1C

Post by cutjules »

Hello Tiff_Lee,
Did you manage to fix this issue ? I've the same one on my CRT TV Sony Trinitron KV-29CL-10B.
Can't remember if it was always there as I used another TV screen for my MVS.
Did you double check the Jamma and Scart plugs, suspecting bad solder/wiring on quick synch, video ground, or green output ?
I'm also thinking about an incompatibility of this TV with NeoGeo MVS, but it doesn't look like usual issues like B&W or curved and desynched graphics.
Did you already replace the Ni-Cad battery on your slot ?