Super SD System 3

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
gojira54

Re: Super SD System 3

Post by gojira54 »

@nevdev - thanks for confirmation of the video output

>Talking about something more fun, what's on everybody's SD card?
Here's a screengrab of the folder I've prepared for cd games, I don't think >128gb msd is needed

how do you upload a photo
Neodev

Post by Neodev »

gojira54 wrote:@nevdev - thanks for confirmation of the video output

Here's a screengrab of the folder I've prepared for cd games, I don't think >128gb msd is needed

Keep in mind there is a limit of around 1000 directories/roms/cd in the game list, so if you have more then 1000 entries, you'll need to split in several subdirectories.
I have all the roms (including hacks, overdumps, sounds) in 2 directories, one from A to N and other from O to Z :)

Edit: I didn't notice that there are just about 250 folders, that's ok :)
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

Neodev wrote: Well, there is an error there in the manual. There is a 22 ohm (or 21, I can't remenber) resistor to attenuate the output on a proper MD2 cable.
You basically replaced the 75 ohm on the output side with a 22 ohm instead of 0 ohm like you initially planned? Saves me from fixing up my cable, great!
JBC

Post by JBC »

gojira54 wrote:@nevdev - thanks for confirmation of the video output

I've never gotten PCE Shadow of the Beast to work in emulators and never owned the original hardware. Can't wait for everything to arrive. This is the version my friends told me about in school that made me feel envious. I only had the version for Genesis. Time to put this to the test!

Can you confirm yours is working when it arrives, Gojira?
Godzilla was an inside job
gojira54

Post by gojira54 »

works OK for me in ootake - I'm assuming that if an image works in an emu and is cue/bin it will work on the SSDS3...

@nevdev - when are the tools going to be released to create preview tiles etc pls?

FriendofSonic

Post by FriendofSonic »

So... we just order a standard Genesis cable from our favorite cable maker and the picture will be perfectly fine? I read through all of the suggestions being put forth but want to make sure I'm following.
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

FriendofSonic wrote:So... we just order a standard Genesis cable from our favorite cable maker and the picture will be perfectly fine? I read through all of the suggestions being put forth but want to make sure I'm following.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding as well.
DirkSwizzler

Post by DirkSwizzler »

ASDR wrote:
FriendofSonic wrote:So... we just order a standard Genesis cable from our favorite cable maker and the picture will be perfectly fine? I read through all of the suggestions being put forth but want to make sure I'm following.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding as well.
It’s defintely a very close approximation to perfectly fine. My understanding is also that the output had been revised a 2nd time to work perfectly.

And to be absolutely clear, it needs to be a model 2 genesis cable.
gojira54

Post by gojira54 »

MD2 cables are likely to have a capacitor in series with a 470 resistor on the sync line - the capacitor is not required.
FriendofSonic

Post by FriendofSonic »

Will that capacitor have an adverse effect on the picture?
highzeth

Post by highzeth »

@neodev I put in my order today, looking forward to getting it all set up. I've seen others ask for support for cue/img(ccd/sub) cd image files, but not any respons from you. Will that be supported or do those of us with such an archive need to convert our games? Hope you can squeeze in a fix and save us the hassle. Thanks for a very promising product!
Neodev

Post by Neodev »

highzeth wrote:@neodev I put in my order today, looking forward to getting it all set up. I've seen others ask for support for cue/img(ccd/sub) cd image files, but not any respons from you. Will that be supported or do those of us with such an archive need to convert our games? Hope you can squeeze in a fix and save us the hassle. Thanks for a very promising product!
Cue+img is supported. Ccd is not supported, as there is only a parser for .cue files, but I think it's something that could be added in the future, just it's not in the initial firmware. If you have a ccd+cue+img it will work, as long as there is a .cue. img are just the extracted cd data, as .bin, just with a different name. I've tried some dumps that have cue+ccd+img+sub and they work, just ccd and sub are ignored, only cue + img are used.

About the cable, yes, a standard (and proper) MD2 cable will work. Output will be attenuated to proper levels. If your cable uses csync for sync, it needs the 470ohm resistor in the sync line (they already have if they are proper), if it uses composite as sync, it's just a direct connection (like mine).
highzeth

Post by highzeth »

Neodev wrote:
highzeth wrote:@neodev I put in my order today, looking forward to getting it all set up. I've seen others ask for support for cue/img(ccd/sub) cd image files, but not any respons from you. Will that be supported or do those of us with such an archive need to convert our games? Hope you can squeeze in a fix and save us the hassle. Thanks for a very promising product!
Cue+img is supported. Ccd is not supported, as there is only a parser for .cue files, but I think it's something that could be added in the future, just it's not in the initial firmware. If you have a ccd+cue+img it will work, as long as there is a .cue. img are just the extracted cd data, as .bin, just with a different name. I've tried some dumps that have cue+ccd+img+sub and they work, just ccd and sub are ignored, only cue + img are used.
Excellent, I was hoping this would be the case, glad to have it confirmed. I'm all set for whenever it arrives. Muchos gracias!
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

just saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q34Bwd6e_Jc

Gratulations on finishing the shells - looking good.

What's that extra connector on the back of the PCB for ?
Last edited by Fudoh on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neodev

Post by Neodev »

Fudoh wrote:just saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q34Bwd6e_Jc

Gratulations in finished the shells - looking good.

What's that extra connector on the back of the PCB for ?
It's just a programming connector. It's used to program the bootloader to the board when they are manufactured. Once the bootloader is programmed, it isn't needed as it can update from the sd card.
waiwainl

Post by waiwainl »

Fudoh wrote:just saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q34Bwd6e_Jc

Gratulations in finished the shells - looking good.
Yes, impressive actually :D
Visit: https://shmu.ps
Experience the National Video Game Museum in the Netherlands
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

Just watched the video, looks like the shells don't fit the last console you were playing with?
Whats up there?
FriendofSonic

Post by FriendofSonic »

Can't wait for my SuperGrafx to arrive, looks like a smooth fit there
masqdgamer

Post by masqdgamer »

Any plans on selling through Stone Age Gamer ?
Would really prefer some kind of Paypal option.
Bratwurst

Post by Bratwurst »

Syntax wrote:Just watched the video, looks like the shells don't fit the last console you were playing with?
Whats up there?
PAL Turbo Grafx, looks like it's too thick. Unfortunate.
Neodev

Post by Neodev »

Bratwurst wrote:
Syntax wrote:Just watched the video, looks like the shells don't fit the last console you were playing with?
Whats up there?
Yes, they fit. Look at the second video, the one showing the game loading. The fit on tg16 is tight because it's a bit more thick, but it fits.
strygo

Post by strygo »

The shell looks absolutely stunning. I love it.
Bratwurst

Post by Bratwurst »

Neodev wrote:Yes, they fit. Look at the second video, the one showing the game loading. The fit on tg16 is tight because it's a bit more thick, but it fits.
It appears that the shell halves part slightly though and stress some of the screw connections holding it together, that's not a good fit. Doesn't matter to me as I've got a Core Grafx, but you're inevitably going to have a lot of unhappy customers unless you're upfront about it on the product page.
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

Bratwurst wrote:
Whats up there?
Shouldn't be an issue when the SSDS3 has no official support for PAL systems..
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

Now the old Hammerhead will be able to sit on a shelf that isn't half a meter deep too :mrgreen:
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the XRGB Wiki before posting about the OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

Just got a shipping confirmation for my system! Slow down neosd, my cable isn't here yet :D Shouldn't matter much as I still have plenty of HuCard games to play with the SSDS3, CD-ROM stuff can wait a bit.
strygo

Post by strygo »

I got an early delivery notification from UPS. Tomorrow.

ASDR

Post by ASDR »

Lucky you, mine's still in Spain :D Ah well, time to finish Horizon: Zero Dawn...
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

Mine's due Wednesday :D :D
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the XRGB Wiki before posting about the OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
Kez

Post by Kez »

Just curious if there is any way to transfer saves from an IFU-30 onto this thing? Like for example with a tennokoe bank card?